• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

G.O.H General Discussion thread #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Power, hopefully this gives Mori the edge when Ikki gets upgraded.

Could be vaporisation, given then vapor smoke.

Thanks again for the calc.

Was planning on bringin up an upgrade for end of GoH tournament Jegal,Jin and Dae wi today and this calc could help with that.

Ok here's what I wanted to bring up regarding the Jin and Jegal near the end of the National Tournament Arc (Not there Godly forms).Simply, I found evidence that supports that these 2 should be High 6-B possibly Low 6-C by then (along with some new abilities additions).

At the end of the Jegal vs Park il pyo fight, Park defeats Jegal causing Greed to consume Jegal.Once Greed does this Jegal's body has Greeds eyes all over his torse and the right side of body,back and his eyes were recolored to look like Greed's.Jegal's GP is also boosted to 1950 immediately after he achieves this form and he goes on to casually rip off Commissioner X's arm and impale him with Megalodon(Chapter 97 ).Taking all of this in Jegal being consumed by Greed caused him to transform in some way and boost his overall stats to a new level.With this alone he would be Commissioner level by feats but we also have statements and more evidence.

After seeing Jegal's action and abilities Yu Mi Ra states Jegal is on the level of the Commissioners, Yu Mi Ra witnessed Commissioner Q without his limiter and using his Borrowed Power before this so she knows what the true power of a Commissioner is.A serious Commissioner Q without his limiter has a GP rating of 2500 as shown with his fight against Ji and Mcdonald and as stated before Jegal's GP is 1950 which is roughley comparable to Q's GP and thus, adds to the trustworthiness of Yu Mi Ra's words and is more proof that Greed absorbed Jegal is on comparable to Commissioners without their limiters.

Now, why Jin scales.I will start by stating the obvious factors, eatiing the Sage Pill,studying Accupuncture under Na bong-chim and getting stronger every fight up until then.Those should be self-explanatory so I won't go into detail to keep this short.The third and probably most important factor is Jin fighting Park il pyo who was teaching and lecturing Jin during there fight, causing Jin to evolve his techniques and create counters on the fly against techniques, Jin accepts Park il pyo's teachings and got stronger from it which allowed him to defeat Park il pyo 's base form but eventually Jin's fatigue caught up with him and made him lose against fox form ilpyo (the fight is from chapter 81-85).Other evidence is Jin breaking Commissioner's R and X's bones, not being cut to pieces by Q's Borrowed Power attacks(even though it did kill him), reacting and countering Na Bong-chim's surprise attack meant to kill him.

tl;dr end of nationals arc Jin and Jegal should be comparable to commissioners via Jegal and Jin having statements, feats and showings that implies such and scaling wouldn't be affected that much.If you need I can make a thread for this but I wanted to put my opinion out there first in case this has already been addressed.

@Dienomite22 That is very interesting. I was reading through the chapters and when the US fired their nuclear missiles, the Korean PM/President questioned if they were going to wipe Korea off the map. (Chapter 102). This could possibly used to support your scaling and adds more support to Jeon Jae-San's Small Country Level rating as he was able to use the missiles and amplify them with the meteor.

Tailsman67 said:
Hm? Like what, looks the same to me, lol.
The image renders are cleaned up, the tiers are upgraded, couple of abilities were added, and in general they look more organized ever since the revisions.

The names of profiles have been adjusted to match the Line Webtoon translation. No more hyphenated names bois.

Imagine if the author came out and said that the Buddha from GoH is as powerful as myth Buddha. 1-A Mori lmao. But Nah, if he did how would we treat it?

Technically he used Myth Zeus, so Mori should be High 3-A

This is what someone said on another forum/site. I can't say if this is correct or not as I am not well informed in the matter.

"Sun wukong should be placed high 1-A as a buddha.

1. A boddhisatva is a practicioner in the path to buddhahood, an eight bhumi bodhisattva upwards is already outerversal inhabiting pure buddha-fields that trascend concepts of space and time, the three realms (desire, form and formless). Bodhisattvas are not bound by such conceptions.

2. A buddha is incomprehensible even for a bodhisattva of the tenth bhumi.

"Since it is not the pure realm, it is part of the absolute.[1] Since it is not conceptual, it is beyond example. Since it is not within mind, it is not in samsara or peace. Even the noble ones cannot conceive of the conquerors' objects."

All buddhas have just one true body, a wisdom body, without restrictions.

""In actuality, Buddha is a wisdom body, beyond time and distance. The wisdom body of the Buddha is constant [rtag pa], since immeasurable time has no self-nature; his wisdom body is all-pervasive [khyab pa], since immeasurable dimensions have no self-nature. Since his wisdom body is beyond atoms and instants, beyond matter and time, it is possible for all atoms of all world systems to fit into a single atom and for all aeons to fit into a single second." wisdomlib.org - Text Sections 225-226 / Stanza 10

There is just one buddha, once you reach buddhahood you just get the same wisdom body, hence wukong should be high 1-A upon reaching buddhahood. It fulfills all the requirements. Trascend and being utterly incomprehensible in the eyes of the tenth bhumi bodhisattvas, who are already above baseline outerversal. He is just limited by some minor limitations, author suggest, by it´s not very clear for me what they are."

and there this thread that discusses why Buddha is 1-A or even teir 0: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2089379

Journey to the West is more or less a fictional novel inspired by the actual accounts of Xuanzang, mixed with some more mythology, folklore, Buddhism, Taoism, and the creativity of the author. Scaling JttW Buddha to the real Buddha would be kinda like scaling Jin to the original Wukong.

Or like scaling a bunch of Cthulhu mythos based works to the actual mythos cosmology. Imagine doing that.

I explained poorly, Journey to the West isn't really considered mythology, it's a fictional novel (mythological tales would never deal with battles against pantheons they don't consider to exist, and I'm pretty sure the page would be banned if it mythology, since Wukong is much more Buddhist than Tao, and Buddhism is still an ongoing religion.) I'm pretty sure a page for actual/Buddhist/Hindu Buddha would be 1-A, but Wukong should only scale to the Journey to the West portrayal of him, not the mythological version.

I believe that's also why he doesn't scale to the Jade Emperor.

Okay I just thought about this, why is Mi-Ra and Dae-Wi's child so young?Didnt they stop having a relationship at the end of chapter 5 and never met again until Dae-Wi met Dan Mo-Ri?or was it implied that they hooked up in between those 17 years?

At first everyone thought it he was concieved on the day Mira and Han hooked up before the mission but then the baby would die from all the damage sustained during the mission. Then people started to theorise that thanks to R's tam and healing tank the baby was saved and the white hairded dude somehow slowed the processes.

PowerToScale said:
I feel he might be a clone like how Jung is, except having Mira and Han dna and not Mori's and Dante's.
That could be bad as it could be used as a form of control over Mira

Probably, I also remember a theory I came up with. Where the young child is going to be taken over by the King. Since his body and mind are split, and was warned by R that he will return once those are brought together again. And Both Mira and Han have the mind and body of the King.

Wow, I didn't know Daewi's, the King and R's strongforce and weakforce was subatomic matter manipulation.I've got to use them in a match now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back