• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fullmetal Alchemist Revision: Part 1, Father

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright this is gonna a CRT to fix Father's current profile, there's a lot of issues with his keys, tiers, and power and abilities. Please note, this thread isn't discussing on who scales to Father in any of his keys, and who doesn't. This threads purpose is to focus solely on Father's profiles, current calcs are still being in the making for the rest of the characters.

Father's Keys, tiers and powers and abilities
Currently Father's profile is a mess and all over the place with his keys and tiers, despite it being relatively simple to fix. Father only needs a handful of keys ( we'll ignore his Dwarf in The Flask form, give how little is known about it. ) I'll be reviewing each form, and the tiers that should be assigned to said form.

Container form
Tier: At Least 7-C, possibly far higher

Attack Potency: At least Town Level, possibly far higher ( Vastly superior to all of his children, his Philosopher Stone contains a much higher amount of Souls than the one's used in Ishval, making him vastly superior to Solf J. Kimblee)

Striking Strength: At Least Town Level ( Far superior to his children and Kimblee. )

Durability: At Least Town Level ( Far superior to his children and Kimblee. )

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics,Enhanced Senses, Matter Manipulation, Transmutation, Weapon Creation, Regenerationn ( At Least Low-high ) Resurrection ( If killed, Homunculi can revive and regenerate with soul stock piles. ) Soul Manipulation ( Can transmute Souls, turn them into stones and has half a million souls at his disposal. ) Healing ( healed Edward and Alphonse ) Telekinesis ( can Transmute with his thought ) Power Nullification ( can negate abilities he's seen before ) Resistance to Deconstruction ( completely unfazed by Scar's Deconstruction ) Attack Reflection ( sent Scar's Deconstruction Alchemy back at him ) Absorption ( can absorb Philosopher Stones from others ) Immortality ( Types 1, 3, and 8 )

Evolved Form
Tier: At least 7-C, likely far higher.

Attack Potency: At Least Town level, likely far higher. ( effortlessly stomped and absorbed Hohenheim )

Striking Strength: At Least Town Level, likely far higher. ( Far stronger than his Container form )

Durability: At Least Town Level, likely far higher. ( Far more durable than before ) Intangiblilty and Regenerationn makes him hard to kill.

Powers and abilities: Same as before but with the following, Intangibility ( sheds his psychical Container taking on a shadowy form unharmed by Greed's attack ) Electricity Manipulation ( zapped May with a thought ) Body Control ( can create holes in his body to avoid attacks ) Size Manipulation ( can drastically increase the size of objects )

God Absorbed
Tier: 5-B, possibly 4-C

Attack Potency: Planet Level, possibly Star Level ( Absorbed the Earth's Gate of Truth, gaining the Earth's Energy stated that he could create planets also Absorbed The Sun's Gate of Truth confirmed through Edward's research on the slabs he found in the False Portal )

Striking Strength: Planet Level, possibly Star Level

Durability
: Planet Level, possibly Star Level

Powers and abilities
: All previous abilities but to a much greater degree. Enhanced Matter Manipulation ( Father now has control over nuclear fusion ) Soul Manipulation ( Father now possesses over 50 Million Souls in his Stone. can now directly steal souls from his opponent after absorbing the souls of Amestris. ) enhanced Attack Reflection ( can reflect Roy's Flame Alchemy back at him ) Resistance to Fire Manipulation and Heat Manipulation ( unharmed by Roy's flames ignores the heat of Lava ) Weather Manipulation ( can create Tornadoes and has control over Weather )

Depowered form
Tier: At Least 7-C, possibly 6-C

Attack Potency: At Least Town Level, possibly Island Level ( Lost control of his God Power's and 500 Million Souls, greatly weakening him. can still recreate his mimi sun but using it might be risky crushed his mini su )

Striking Strength: At Least Town Level, possibly Island Level ( crushed his mini sun in his hands )

Durability: At Least Town Level, possibly Island Level ( Can still create his mini sun, albeit with some risk involved.)

Powers and abilities: Same as before.

Most of these look fine, but I'm unsure about the High 4-C via absorbing the Sun's gate of Truth. Is there more context that he's absorbing the GBE of the Sun?

Well, I'd only see that simply being possibly 4-C as opposed to High 4-C, but makes sense.

Pretty straightforward fixes and would clean up a useful profile for a high traffic verse.

Definitely good on the wording, possibly 4-C is the safest bet imho for the entire sun thing, but definitely should be good to apply

Container form

I am roughly fine with everything else in the OP.

I will say Lust looked to have regenerated from the Philospher stone as her core so this is High-Mid Regenerationn.

High-Mid: The ability to regenerate from being blown / cut to pieces, or from a small piece of the user's body, such as a severed head, a single organ, or a finger.

I will reply on the other points later.

How is that High-Mid? She completely recreated her body, and previously regenerated from Roy vaporizing her.

Also does this need more input to be accepted? Everyone agrees with the thread so far but it is pretty big.

There is this statement that the philospher stone is her heart so it is part of her body so Regenerationn from this is High-Mid.

The scan that you show me only support High-Mid. Burning Lust to ash looks unfounded since Mustang mentioned her corpse was nearby when he incinerated her which should not be the case if her body was vaporized.

Edit: The incinerate statement doesn't always mean reduced to ashes also and it can be mean carbonize which Regenerationn from isn't not Low-High or Mid-High.

The stone that runs on souls, a massive stock pile of souls that won't be destroyed until all the souls are gone. The Stone isn't something that can be destroyed by pure AP, so that's not an argument one can make as a counter. It's similar to that of Soul Gems in The Magical Girl series.

Also Roy directly states that she was incarcerated completely and considering he knows what he's talking about I'm inclined to take his word on the matter. Her corpse being near by simply means that she regenerated at that point in time.

how this isn't acceptable as beyond High-Mid is beyond me. Roy states she's incinerated twice and it's directly shown.

The difference from The Magical Girl series is that they don't use their gems to regenerated while Lust use her philosopher stone for Regenerationn akin to gems in Steven Universe (verse) who have High-Mid Regenerationn; Envy's death suggest their philospher stone can be destroyed by AP when they run of souls used from Regenerationn: https://youtu.be/-HwPhoIHK-Y

I will reply more later.

First of all, that's from the anime which is non-canon. As for the Stone being destroyed, it can only be destroyed once all the souls are depleted, since at that point it's just a stone, nothing more, nothing less. And no, Dr Marco is the only person in the verse who's actually capable of destroying Philosopher Stones and it's done with soul destruction on a massive scale. Gem's from Steven Universe are irrelevant to this discussion, they have High-Mid Regenerationn for that being their best feat of Regenerationn.

Lust has feats of her having Regenerationn on a low-high and arguably Mid-High level, and statements to support this claim. Also Envy is an odd case, he's one of the only Homunculi who revert back into a previous / true form as opposed to outright dying. And Roy killing Lust is more than enough proof to debunk the notion that The Philosopher Stone isn't something that can be broken with AP. Envy broke a Stone with no more souls left.

Edit: I'll reply once I get off work.

FM Brotherhood is essential close to manga as possible. However, I will use the manga link: Envy still destroyed his stone there like I described: https://**********.com/read-online/Fullmetal-Alchemist-chapter-95-page-22.html. I do agreed the philospher stones don't break from shear AP when they have souls but when they don't have souls, they do break.

The point is about the gems is to shown an example of the Regenerationn at High-Mid.

I disagreed on Low-High or Mid-High, there are no conclusive statements on that. The incinerate statement doesn't always mean reduced to ashes also and it can be mean carbonize which Regenerationn from isn't not Low-High or Mid-High. Again, the stone is part of her body as her heart which she regenerated from; this is High-Mid Regenerationn.

• High-Mid: The ability to regenerate from being blown / cut to pieces, or from a small piece of the user's body, such as a severed head, a single organ, or a finger.
In any case, this is not part of the OP so I will leave the topic and I will bring it up for another thread.

I reply to this comment already but I just realized that my comment didn't save. So, I will reply later again.

I disagreed on Low-High or Mid-High, there are no conclusive statements on that. The incinerate statement doesn't always mean reduced to ashes also and it can be mean carbonize which Regenerationn from isn't not Low-High or Mid-High. Again, the stone is part of her body as her heart which she regenerated from; this is High-Mid Regenerationn.

incinerated; incinerating Definition of incinerate transitive verb

to cause to burn to ashes

Your argument collapses in on itself whenever the definition of incinerate is to turn into ashes. You keep mentioning the stone as if it's some sort of anti-feat or caveat to said Regenerationn, the stone isn't something that can be broken through sheer AP if it contains soul. It being her heart is irrelevant to this discussion, whenever she can recreate a new body from the stone alone, and no, it acts as her heart ( I.E the life-source of a Homunculi. And they already have type 8 immortality for this sole reason. ) perfect example being Aizen, who needs his heart to produce Reiatsu, but he still has low-godly Regenerationn. Are you gonna attempt to downplay his regen to High-Mid based off of that reason? No, it's literally the same here. The Stone is what gives life to Homunculi, it doesn't actually act as their actual heart, considering they have hearts as well. The body can be destroyed, even burned into ashes, but as long as the stone is there, and still had souls they'll create a new body.

• Lust regenerates her body, and reforms a new one from the Stone, after being turned into ash.

• Roy, a knowledgeable character states that she's incinerated twice

• The Stone cannot be broken through physical means without being drained of stones.

• Homunculi can create new bodies from the Stone.

This seems cut-clear, your arguments are based on scans with no context, and a misunderstanding on how exactly The Stones Regenerative abilities work.

Anyway, if you wanna go ahead and make a separate thread for that go ahead, I think the edits here can be applied now.

I will just reply quickly:

I didn't downplay and I don't believe it is a good argument against my points; I appreciate if it is not regarding my points anymore. I check more, you are right about incinerate's definition, my mistake there. I just think the statement could be contradicted by the fact a corpse should not exists after being incinerated as the scan could suggest so I am a bit iffy there.

I am just using the heart from the scan; from what I see, the philosopher stone acts like the homunculus core; the stone can broken as I explained already with Envy's case with a scan from the manga. I do think that we agree on the other points on the stone.

Okay. Thanks. Your conclusions are probably fine.

Thanks. Is there anything left to do here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back