• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fullmetal Alchemist Revision - Part 1, Abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually can we use Brotherhood for feats? I know Issac wasn't in the manga, but he does have plenty of feats which extends to others. Armstrong busting a large chunk of his massive ice thingy, and Roy vaporizing portions of it.

Again not sure if we can use it for scaling or not but the feats would be interesting to calculate regardless if we can use them or not.

Who's that again?
Anime original dude, the first episode of Brotherhood is new to it
Actually can we use Brotherhood for feats? I know Issac wasn't in the manga, but he does have plenty of feats which extends to others. Armstrong busting a large chunk of his massive ice thingy, and Roy vaporizing portions of it.
Yeah although I would personally give the feats a lower standing, like, good as support but I wouldn't use them as the primary basis for a tier. Although as a fair warning breaking ice ends up really low, and Roy did his feat kinda overtime offscreen so I don't think it can be calced.

Yeah although I would personally give the feats a lower standing, like, good as support but I wouldn't use them as the primary basis for a tier.
Thats a fair perspective.
Although as a fair warning breaking ice ends up really low, and Roy did his feat kinda overtime offscreen so I don't think it can be calced.
With the amount I think the feats would be nice for support. Iirc there is one snap Roy did with the ice where we actually see the amount of damage he did with one snap, that's when he gets the dry gloves and first starts attacking.

Find it really funny that Issac with prep is stronger than most the verse

Also also also, I know I've been coming up with a buncha stuff in a mostly-concluded revision but would the Homunculi have limited Inorganic Physiology? After all their "true body" is a stone.

Which type? Also if they don't have infinite stamina they probably should. Also what about limited or minor Type 8 for this reason, Homunculi are reliant on the Stone and the amount of Souls used. Without the Stone they cannot survive, and in order to permanently kill them you need to deplete the souls or destroy the Stone itself.

Which type?
Also if they don't have infinite stamina they probably should.
The energy in the PStone is finite if incredibly high, so no infinite.
Also what about limited or minor Type 8 for this reason, Homunculi are reliant on the Stone and the amount of Souls used. Without the Stone they cannot survive, and in order to permanently kill them you need to deplete the souls or destroy the Stone itself.
Maybe? I think just expending a resource in your body does not count tho

Lemme ask around for the Type 8 thing.

Yeah about the stamina thing that's fair. Although they should have most forms of self sustenance if they don't have it already. Assuming one soul would last for 80-100 years, and the amount of souls they'd have nigh infinite stamina.

Also one more thing, didn't Dr Marco like destroy all of Envy's Soul stock barring Envy themselve? It should be noted that Homunculi can gain more souls by absorbing them from humans and such given that Envy was able to fill their soul stock of the Stone by consuming Mannequins.

Likely Self-Sustenance should be fine yeah, not sure tho

I think Envy probably still had one soul considering he didn't die, but yeah. However I don't know if they can all do it, Envy's own body control/shapeshifting might have been what let him.

Eh Greed has also basically shown the ability like when he tried to absorb Father's Stock pile.

So I think they should get some form of Soul Absorption.

When was that?
Remember at the final fight with Father, Greed-Ling attacked Father, punched him in the head and after he got his hand stuck inside Father's skull Father's tried to absorb Greed's stock pile.

Then Greed was just like "no u." and started absorbing the souls from Father's stone.

I can post the clip in a few minutes.

Pointing me to the bit in the manga would be preferable

I found the scene in the manga, and there is nothing about Greed absorbing anything. He just baits Father into attempting that so that Ed could throw in a sneak attack of his own.
Yeah I'm aware now that I looked back, I believe the Absorption takes place in Brotherhood instead of the anime.

Also to backtrack for a second I definitely agree with Alphonse having Attack Reflection. It's not much a durability thing as even when Father shot him with his own gun and bullets they still got deflected.

Yeah I brought that up. But eh, I think the idea of him being specifically bulletproof is a bit weird, maybe Father just made a normal Street level gun lol

Anyway, I watched the clip, that could very well be some sort of body control considering the stone was flowing in/out of Greed's veins at the moment. Certainly not Soul Absorption in any way considering Philosopher Stones are tangible. However Pride does eat Gluttony's own Stone so I think Homunculi might have some limited Absorption regarding that.

Anyway, I watched the clip, that could very well be some sort of body control considering the stone was flowing in/out of Greed's veins at the moment.
Yeah I did the same and that's what I noticed. I'd say body control, and blood Manipulation.
Certainly not Soul Absorption in any way considering Philosopher Stones are tangible. However Pride does eat Gluttony's own Stone so I think Homunculi might have some limited Absorption regarding that.
Limited Absorption works.

Also another thing, I've seen a few pages like this so I was wondering if we could do this here. Perhaps Unconventional resistance to Soul Manipulation? Homunculi don't care about single target soul destruction due to them having thousands of souls to regenerate from. They aren't resistant per say, but due to the amounts of souls they posses single target soul destruction wouldn't phase them.

And one more thing. Kimblee has this on his page.

Limited Resistance to Soul Manipulation (Was able to maintain his self-awareness even after being absorbed into Pride's "tempest of souls")

Wouldn't this also be applicable to the Homunculi since they can maintain self awareness inside the Tempest of souls that they contain? I'm also thinking this is more along the lines of a resistance to Madness / mind Manipulation rather than soul Manipulation. Kimblee was effected by the soul Manipulation, however he kept his self awareness which sounds more like resistance to Madness Manipulation.

Yeah I did the same and that's what I noticed. I'd say body control, and blood Manipulation.

Limited Absorption works.
k
Also another thing, I've seen a few pages like this so I was wondering if we could do this here. Perhaps Unconventional resistance to Soul Manipulation? Homunculi don't care about single target soul destruction due to them having thousands of souls to regenerate from. They aren't resistant per say, but due to the amounts of souls they posses single target soul destruction wouldn't phase them.
They do have that although I dunno if that should be added to the profiles, I think Multiple Selves covers it. Honestly you could argue they resist Soul Manip and a buncha other stuff outright because their souls are made material and condensed into a different kinda thing but idk if that is enough.
And one more thing. Kimblee has this on his page.

Limited Resistance to Soul Manipulation (Was able to maintain his self-awareness even after being absorbed into Pride's "tempest of souls")

Wouldn't this also be applicable to the Homunculi since they can maintain self awareness inside the Tempest of souls that they contain? I'm also thinking this is more along the lines of a resistance to Madness / mind Manipulation rather than soul Manipulation. Kimblee was effected by the soul Manipulation, however he kept his self awareness which sounds more like resistance to Madness Manipulation.
I listed it on the Alchemy page as supernatural willpower, which I think fits better. Ling and Wrath also get it.

Last edited:
Also I would have to ask you to make a clip of the Greed thing if you can, I can't really make those myself.

Didn't wanna ask too much of you lol

But while you're here 14:40 - 15:30 of episode 62

Stuff added, I think that's all, last thing we need before this can be closed is for the second blog to be evaluated.

Can you link to the second blog please?

Also, which members that have contributed to this thread earlier should I send a notification to regarding helping out with evaluating it?

Sorry. Head glitch. I did not recall that it was a calculation blog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back