• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Trapped in a suit and running out of time (Positron vs Alphonse Elric) (4-0-0)

Peppersalt43

They/Them
Walking Nuke : 4
Animated Armor : 0
Incon : 0

Everything above 8-C is restricted
Speed equalized
Starting distance is 10 meters
Alphonse has prior knowledge

Was looking for more City of Heroes MUs due to @DaReaperMan's request. Stumbled upon Positron and his backstory reminded of something. Thought this'd be neat and can work

Last edited:
It would be lots of things against Alphonse, even with prior knowledge

First he would have to make some barriers with alchemy or escape from the vision of his adversary to avoid the magnetism manipulation, even if Positron dont know about the opponent physiology I assume any sane person would start with that after seeing an guy in armor

Then Alphonse could theoretically manage to surprise his adversary and incapacitate him with his close combat skill, but the self destruction would be the problem

With the LS gap nothing that the alchemist make would restrain Positron, so he would need to use his powers from an distance in order to win and not be incapacitated by the explosion right after it

And this assuming Positron would survive the explosion, cause Alphonse would not let his adversary die in character

First he would have to make some barriers with alchemy or escape from the vision of his adversary to avoid the magnetism manipulation, even if Positron dont know about the opponent physiology I assume any sane person would start with that after seeing an guy in armor
So uh, I'm pretty sure based on Positron's Notable Attack Section that his Magnetism Manip is done via EMP. The Section regarding it details it as
  • EM Pulse
You can unleash a massive pulse of electromagnetic energy. The EMP can affect machines, and is even powerful enough to affect synaptic brain patterns. It will drain the Endurance and HP Regeneration of all affected targets and leave them incapacitated and Held for a long while. Additionally, most machines and robots will take moderately high damage. However, this power uses a lot of Endurance and leaves you unable to recover Endurance for a while.
Since Alphonse is neither a machine nor has a brain (Literally speaking), I thought it was fine
And this assuming Positron would survive the explosion, cause Alphonse would not let his adversary die in character
Would that be a good thing since it would prevent the Self-Destruction (Either by going for incap or trying to manipulate the matter that's causing the explosion)?

Why didn't you call me to this...

Regardless, this match has a lot of weird cases to it-- None of Positron's hax really works on Alphonse, even If he'll still be doing damage, none of the usual hax that makes Posi unmatchable work.

They're fairly even in AP, with Posi having a slight edge at about 1.3x, and Elric equalizes that by upscaling in Durability.

So where this falls into is skill and versatility...

Positron can fly.

While Posi doesn't fly 50 meters into the air and snipe at the edge of his range, he's still not touching the ground unless forced to.

So... why is this fair? Simple, Alchemy grants Alphonse ludicrous versatility that goes far beyond what Positron has, and his prior knowledge can allow him to lead the match away from Hero vs Villain and closer to a friendly spar, which will in turn lead to Positron not aiming to break what he sees as a literal robot, so that Alphonse can try to go for an easier incap.

I still think Positron takes this, a skill advantage and the ability to fly and slam projectiles is certainly a boon, but Alphonse ain't like, out of options.

Plus he gets a better suit of armor after the match so win-win for him

Why didn't you call me to this...
I was planning on making at least two threads before contacting you. That or when the FMA supporters show up faster
I still think Positron takes this, a skill advantage and the ability to fly and slam projectiles is certainly a boon, but Alphonse ain't like, out of options.
Counted and thank you!

I was planning on making at least two threads before contacting you. That or when the FMA supporters show up faster
TBH, any MUs like this are good, ones that aren't obvious wins for either side and I have to put brainpower into beyond "Posi gestures and incaps instantly via radiation" for instance

Back