• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Potential Revision for Greed's Ultimate Shield Durability

I've taken notice of certain things in both the Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood anime and manga series that seems to be relatively inconsistent with the tierings on the other website, particularly in regards to Greed: his Ultimate Shield's level of durability is rather inconsistent with the feats shown—in one such example, which has also been stated on the wiki, not only has Greed tanked strikes from Pride, he's also taken attacks from Father, whose power is noted to be within the level of nuclear categorization, and with his Ultimate Shield, Greed endured them outright, not even being scratched by the power of his creator. Shouldn't that make him superior to Father's attack potency while using his Ultimate Shield?

I also agree with this. Besides, him having the Ultimate Shield would be a bit silly if Pride's shadows were more durable and perfectly usable for defense, and Greed was made after Pride so it's not like Father wouldn't know when naming that ability.

Has Greed's Ultimate Shield been damaged by anything less (Attacks from people weaker than Father?).

Then I don't see any issue with scaling his Ultimate Shield durability to it's highest showing. So I agree with this unless someone provides any counter-arguments.

There are a few times it's damaged, but it's always due to alchemy deconstructing it. Which I suppose would imply alchemists can ignore durability? There's also the time Greed makes himself super brittle on purpose, obviously that is a different thing.

There are a few times it's damaged, but it's always due to alchemy deconstructing it. Which I suppose would imply alchemists can ignore durability? There's also the time Greed makes himself super brittle on purpose, obviously that is a different thing.
Alchemy already has durability negation. So this wouldn't actually affect the shield's durability.

Greed's shield has only been damage via alchemy, as Edward could transmute his shield into something he can break.

So no, Greed's shield has never been damaged normally. Obviously I agree that Greed's Dura should scale to Pride's AP.

Yes, someone can close this. I was just hoping an admin would approve it prior to me putting the update on Greed's page, considering that there was a heavy FMA revision earlier this year that never got anywhere.

Maybe contact some?

Also it's obvious but this should also apply to the original Greed's Shield, it doesn't have any feats on that level (since nobody at that power level shows up in this part of the manga) but it shouldn't have gotten any stronger.

This makes sense, so you have my support.
Ed had to transmute the material of his shield to even effect him (Even previously getting his alchemy negged) & His ability to transmute is pretty potent in itself considering Father (despite being severely weakened) was unable to reverse the effects. Obviously his U.S should at least scale to Ed's own take on the application, which was able to deflect Pride's attacks too.

Last edited:
If you're not staff, they won't be notified by this. You need to message people directly.

Do you think this is enough agreement to close the thread and apply the changes?

Probably yes. This does not seem to be a controversial change.

Last edited:
"At least Town level with the Ultimate Shield (Unaffected by strikes from Pride's shadows, and tanked attacks from Father. Never damaged without alchemy at any point in the series)"

Does this sound ok? I'd link to Pride and Father of course. As for the original Greed I'd point out his should be the same as the second one

Done. By the way, should we add a "regeneration makes him/her hard to kill" in the durability section of the homunculi? I've seen that done in a lot of pages but idk if it's necessary.

It is probably fine to add, but is not necessary, yes.

I might do that, then. Please do not close the thread quite yet, I'm looking for Greed tanking attacks from Father. It's not necessary for the 7-C (Pride's attacks are enough), but depending on the key I could give the Ultimate Shield a "possibly far higher", a "likely far higher" or a "possibly 6-C", since Father has those in his keys.

Last edited:
I couldn't find anything. I'll wait for the people who mentioned it first to tell me, then.

Btw, Edward could turn his automail in a shield similar to Greed's that even tanked Pride's attacks. Should he also be town level dura with it?

Also, on Lust's profile, it's stated that Wrath said that she can pierce Greed's shield. I don't know where is it from, but she should be 7-C if it's true.

I don't remember that either, but if it was then I don't think there'd be a problem with it since basically nothing actually tanks her attacks, some survive it but it still penetrates anything it's aimed at. 7-C only with her fingers, that is.

"I understand why you'd think you'd have an advantage over a man like me since I possess neither your impenetrable Ultimate Shield nor an Ultimate Spear that can pierce any substance" - From their first fight

Sounds pretty vague, maybe dura negation? Idk

Back