• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Frozen Flame and Lavos Additions

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a good deal of months, should be safe to do this. Anyways, I've finally got to go through the history of Radical Dreamers one more time, so there are a few things I'd like to add to say Lavos is missing from its profile.

The game has a number of feats involving the Frozen Flame that - since it splintered from Base Lavos as a Spawn as soon as he landed on the planet - should all be applicable to any of its keys.

First of all I'll adress what I think is the biggest thing here:

1. Lavos gets Cosmic Awareness on a 2-A scale

...Lavos has full-scale Cosmic Awareness of every single time period, alternate and timeline there is in-verse. There are a good number of situations in the history that point to this. First of all I'll take the most descriptive moment of this perspective:

OriginOfTime1
OriginOfTime2
This is what basically anyone can see when they make contact with the Frozen Flame. A full-on perspective of the infinite timelines, complete with every time period and every alternate live - your own alternates included.
To further expand on this, Belthasar says in Cross that the act of connecting with the Frozen Flame is the same as linking with Lavos.

FFBelt1
FFBelt2
He also says that "As the mediator between Lavos and living things, that one will gain extraordinary power."

Further supporting this, even the fodder scientists in Chronopolis who were working for FATE would actually gain full control over space-time if their experiment didn't end up royally wrecked by Lavos itself all the way from another era and timeline the succeeded. As you ca seehere, here , here , here and here. Said scientists were fully aware of other timelines existing as well as seen here .

To further support this awareness, there's the fact that Base Lavos in the final battle looks at literally any point in space-time out of nowhere to mimic others powers and the fact that later while merged with it, Schala heard Serge's crying in one time period in a particular timeline out of every single one that exists. Supporting this again, there's the fact that Base Lavos was aware of both its own defeat and the aforementioned Counter-Time experiment before such events even happened, all the way back in 12000 BC, and deliberately tampered with events in the timelines to deal with both things. Also Kid outright states it was basically an attempt to save itself.
FF4Kid
I feel like this is enough evidence for the Cosmic Awareness.

Other than this, the others are relatively minor deals but I'll get to them as well.

2. Memory Manipulation in Base.

FF5Scha
FF6Scha
FF7Scha
FF7Sch8
Pretty "right down to it" in this case.
Prior to their merging, Schala of this timeline got her memories scattered and the time of her life rewinded all the way back to an infant who is the... Er... "Kid".

Time Rewind is already listed on its profile, though, so it's just the memory part.

It's not that big of a deal and not something it does in character at all, just shows that it already had this power to some effect in base.

3. Range and Intelligence and Power Bestowal

I'm not sure if the whole Cosmic Awareness part, plus the fact that using the Frozen Flame for the counter time experiment would allow control over space-time of the multiverse would affect Base Lavos range to be the same as his higher keys instead of the safe option we took the other time, when there was less evidence. Thus I'm neutral on this point and don't know what the answer is - Take this as me asking rather than saying if Range for Base gets upgraded to the same as Dream Devourer.

I think Intelligence should be bumped to Nigh-Omniscient/Omniscient due to the cosmic awareness part above as it can see all the endless timelines at all points in time. It should also be noted that Lavos was consistently shown taking the best steps throughout the whole series - what played the biggest factor in its ultimate loss was basically Schala getting a few glimpses of conscience and good will here and there, and proceeding to use these opportunities to royally screw up Lavos' plans in the long run. Even Serge (who ultimately brings Lavos' downfall) being alive was only possible because of one such instance.

Power Bestowal isn't useful for Lavos itself, just for the sake of listing and is self-explanatory since the Frozen Flame can grant power to others when it doesn't make them go insane.

4. Magus

...Magus gets upgraded to Low 2-C via Mag-Ah Hah hah hah hah hah, not! Lynx stomps him so badly it's not even funny. He stays right where he is, sadly.

5. Serge

As sad as it makes me to say it, his Radical Dreamers key seems badly exaggerated past the 5-A stats. Particularly because he gets equally stomped by Lynx until Schala takes over Kid and the fact that he never really showed anything anywhere close to Low 2-C for combat as much as he was catching a glimpse of how the world looks like through Frozen Flame's lens/Lavos eyes. But that is a downgrade history for another thread or else I'll have too much to deal with on this one.

Well, EliminatorVenom has been inactive for a while, Aeyu's most recent edit was about 10 days ago, give or take. So I'm not sure they would check this one out. Cal is already here and I can probably get Matt too when I see him. I'll see if Lephyr comes around as well.

Okay. I think that this should be fine to apply then.

Alrighty then. For this thread I just need Lavos' profile unlocked and I can do the changes.

Okay. I will do so. Tell me here when you are done.

Sorry for the delay. Done for the most part.

As for the Range in base, I changed it as well since on a first look it seems to be no problem with what I pointed in the OP, but in case it wasn't ok, feel free to revert it later, since I made that change separatedly from the others.

Otherwise, done here.

Just came in to say I agree, not that I was even needed. ovo

Was also about to point out how the Cosmic Awareness is even implied in the first game, but realized you already covered that in the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back