• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Friday Night Funkin Discussion Thread

is it possible for the cast to have durability negation for being able to break bf's bones by singing?

I feel like it has a high possibility of being an actual thing since it wouldn't make sense from monster and spirit to just leave boyfriend because they lost a rap battle. If it was really just a rap battle they could have just continued their threats but i feel its more than that since boyfriend can protect himself by winning and the little hp icon shows how they get overpowered and lose. Even though they literally want to possess and even kill him, they can't because they lost a rap battle. Lastly. its also stated in the itchio description that daddy dearest is strait up trying to kill you and ''try not to die'' kinda makes sense imo. This is all how i see it at least you can tell me if this argument has any flaws lol.

I know a guy who unironically powerscales Friday Night Funkin' characters off-site, and he'll probably kill me for telling everyone how he does it, but his main argument is

"The singing is the combat. You have characters like Monster and the soul who want to either kill/possess Boyfriend, so they'll stop just because of a song?"

And another one of his arguments is that some of the official artwork implies that there's more stuff going on in the rap battles besides the two characters singing.

Giving all of the characters 9-A/8-C because they can seemingly break every single bone in Boyfriend's body will be very controversial though, so good luck with trying to bust them out of tier 10 if you're planning to.

Giving all of the characters 9-A/8-C because they can seemingly break every single bone in Boyfriend's body will be very controversial though, so good luck with trying to bust them out of tier 10 if you're planning to.
those 2 tiers are related to senpai scaling not bone breaking, im just suggesting durability negation for now

Last edited:
and regarding the artwork its probably just thinking ahead before the officially confirmed battle system finally gets released since it matches with the bf dodging animation and its also confirmed that past weeks will be reworked with extra added stuff.

Would Senpai be 10-B inside his game and any other humand and 10-C usually or 10-C and turns others into 10-C?

We should discuss what would be considered canon to pico a little bit more.
obviously everything that was made directly by Tom Fulp would be canon but can anything made by other creators be considered canon?

Also somebody did mention Pico had potencial Island and Town Level feats before, i would like to see them because all the feats of pico i've seen so far seem Wall Level.

i have a question, how come bf going into to video game affects his tier? does him assumingly turning to data really lower his ap and if so how

i have a question, how come bf going into to video game affects his tier? does him assumingly turning to data really lower his ap and if so how
It's possible that daddy dearest sealed him to the game.
Though since boyfriend also escaped it's ability called immersion.
Tier wise he turns into a data, though from the game perspective I think he should be equal to his real life counterpart.

It's possible that daddy dearest sealed him to the game.
Though since boyfriend also escaped it's ability called immersion.
Tier wise he turns into a data, though from the game perspective I think he should be equal to his real life counterpart.
yeah i agree, i think it was confirmed officially that it was daddy dearest that attempted to get rid of bf by sealing nd i also think he stays equal to irl too

Why would he be equal to irl if he got transmuted into data? Makes no sense, he got devolved and then came bak once he won, simple.

Why would he be equal to irl if he got transmuted into data? Makes no sense, he got devolved and then came bak once he won, simple.
I'll repeat.
From a "game" perspective.

Goku is technically a data from our perspective when we watch dragon ball super on pc, but from anime perspective he's uni.

There is a enormous differnece between us and fiction and fiction and fiction-game, they are not comparable at all.

We are irrelevant when idexing goku because his world is an actual world made of normal matter and destruction

Bf exists in a world like that, which means his games are also made of data which is minuscule compsred to humans.

The game bf got sealed on was a game in his perspective, so no, he isn't comparable to himself irl, he got sealed for a reason, if he was he would just break the whole game by overflowing it with information.

Normal world = matter
Bf = matter
Game = data
Sempai simulator = data
Bf on game = data

See the issue?

There is a enormous differnece between us and fiction and fiction and fiction-game, they are not comparable at all.

We are irrelevant when idexing goku because his world is an actual world made of normal matter and destruction

Bf exists in a world like that, which means his games are also made of data which is minuscule compsred to humans.

The game bf got sealed on was a game in his perspective, so no, he isn't comparable to himself irl, he got sealed for a reason, if he was he would just break the whole game by overflowing it with information.

Normal world = matter
Bf = matter
Game = data
Sempai simulator = data
Bf on game = data

See the issue?
Bf on game from perspective of the guys in FNF to fiction is data.

But to that game fiction boyfriend is equal to his real life counterpart.

I know a guy who unironically powerscales Friday Night Funkin' characters off-site, and he'll probably kill me for telling everyone how he does it, but his main argument is

And another one of his arguments is that some of the official artwork implies that there's more stuff going on in the rap battles besides the two characters singing.

Alright, but this has some substance to it. I always took singing fo combat in fnf, but I never understood how it would work in fights against other characters.

As for the bone breaking part, I think this actually makes sense. Of course, we would need more confirmation of how that works in universe, so that will probably take time.

Watching this, I may have some things to contribute, but there are some things I want to comment.

First, I'd be wary to directly scale Pico's School or any other material directly to FNF. In a story-wise sense, perhaps, as in the plot of the game mostly happened, but how things proceeded could be very different. It feels very wrong to scale Pico's School to FNF when the FNF developers weren't the creators of Pico's School, and there are some small details that are a bit contradictory. In any case, whatever is decided, it is important to keep in mind what was stated earlier: Sticking with material released by Tom Fulp or someone closely related to the production team. After all, Pico Day is quite literally a day that fans create animations, games and other stuff related to Pico, that isn't "canon" per se.

Second, not a problem with FNF specifically, but it really bothers me to see how "data" is treated in the wiki. It really doesn't make sense to me, not in the slightest. Suffices to say that I disagree.

Third, not sure, so I may be wrong, but I've heard that the reason that the Boyfriend's skeleton breaks isn't exactly a property of the battles, but rather because he is blueballed that hard. If taken beyond a simple meme/toonforce, we could say that his willpower is strong enough that having his pride shattered could have such a result. But I may be wrong, lol, gotta check later if that's actually the case.

I'm really hoping the new stuff gets added. This thread showed a lot of interesting things, certainly worth of consideration. For now though, it's better to stick with the sandboxes. Also, I don't think we need to add a video of Santa being shot to prove that Daddy Dearest with his gun is 9-C, it is a gun, after all. It automatically is 9-C.

And I agree with Shmooply's friend.

To me, it is pretty clear that not only there is going more in the battle than only lyrics, but there is something there about music being power, although we really don't know the details, reason or how exactly. I get the feeling that in a duel of music, if you "win", the other dude simply can't hurt you. If it is a more mental thing, or physical, I really don't know, but I do think that there is certainly some kind of power in the songs.

Watching this, I may have some things to contribute, but there are some things I want to comment.

First, I'd be wary to directly scale Pico's School or any other material directly to FNF. In a story-wise sense, perhaps, as in the plot of the game mostly happened, but how things proceeded could be very different. It feels very wrong to scale Pico's School to FNF when the FNF developers weren't the creators of Pico's School, and there are some small details that are a bit contradictory. In any case, whatever is decided, it is important to keep in mind what was stated earlier: Sticking with material released by Tom Fulp or someone closely related to the production team. After all, Pico Day is quite literally a day that fans create animations, games and other stuff related to Pico, that isn't "canon" per se.

Third, not sure, so I may be wrong, but I've heard that the reason that the Boyfriend's skeleton breaks isn't exactly a property of the battles, but rather because he is blueballed that hard. If taken beyond a simple meme/toonforce, we could say that his willpower is strong enough that having his pride shattered could have such a result. But I may be wrong, lol, gotta check later if that's actually the case.
I agree with sticking with Tom Fulps games for now, we have Picos school, pico vs uberkids, pico vs bear, and resident pico, animations might be to contradictory in the end and i dont think any pico animations are made by tom fulp himself. however, i think fnf should scale to picos school since its confirmed canon, and regarding contradictions, do you mean the player choices?

2nd this is pretty interesting lol, ive never heard it before but the fnf community often spreads a lot of headcanon so ill be on the look out for that to see if its legit.

Bf on game from perspective of the guys in FNF to fiction is data.

But to that game fiction boyfriend is equal to his real life counterpart.
That game fiction is irrelevant because the game itself is data, whatever they see bf as is pointless because he is objectively made of data.

That game fiction is irrelevant because the game itself is data, whatever they see bf as is pointless because he is objectively made of data.
spirit came from the real world as well so he can follow the same logic as bfs tiering not changing imo

spirit came from the real world as well so he can follow the same logic as bfs tiering not changing imo
Technically I see his problem is not scaling to real world but the fact that fiction character inside another fiction shouldn't be comparable to his "real" fiction part.
The only issue I'm finding is that there's perspective of fiction which in fiction which can be used here, and probably the same can be worked for other verses with fictions in fiction.

Oh God, how many times fiction is used here as word.

Also the original Pico's school returned and the April fools version is not it's own game called Pico's School: Love Conquers All.
I'm wondering if that version could be considered canon since according to the description it takes place in an alternate timeline

Not really since the whole point is that Pico stopped the Shooting by talking to Casandra and everybody else
I guess that could potencially give him Social Influencing
Casandra also states that she is an interdimensional being sent to reign terror which is something i guess

Back