• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
For the topic at hand I agree with the High 6-A downgrade. I would guess either 9-A or High end 9-B would be their most accurate tier. Silver Surfer also probably needs to be looked at to see if his Tier 5 feat is legit.

I believe it was previously found that Thing had a couple of 9-A feats, while Human Torch's supernova would be over 8-C in terms of heat energy (I believe we still have not separated heat from conventional physical stats yet on our profiles?)

Thank you both for helping out. Do we have any calculations available for the character feats?

Raising the human body to the temperature of the Sun is calculated on the Reference to Common Feats page. Although according to this Chris Evans was 77 kg before buffing up for Captain America, I'll assume Human Torch weighs that too. Plus Human Torch didn't start off from absolute zero but from human body temperature.

3470*77*(5773.2-310) = 1.459712408e9 Joules, 0.345 tons, Building level

4000 K was what he actually reached on screen in the experiment scene without being a suicidal move. So for his base AP I guess

3470*77*(4000-310) = 9.859311e8 Joules, 0.236 tons, Small Building level+

Raising the human body to the temperature of the Sun is calculated on the Reference to Common Feats page. Although according to this Chris Evans was 77 kg before buffing up for Captain America, I'll assume Human Torch weighs that too. Plus Human Torch didn't start off from absolute zero but from human body temperature.

3470*77*(5773.2-310) = 1.459712408e9 Joules, 0.345 tons, Building level

4000 K was what he actually reached on screen in the experiment scene without being a suicidal move. So for his base AP I guess

3470*77*(4000-310) = 9.859311e8 Joules, 0.236 tons, Small Building level+
Being able to raise your entire temperature to a certain level doesn't mean your attacks have the same level of heat put into them, stuff like the distance they need to cross and the size of the blast being much smaller than Torch himself would lower it.

Being able to raise your entire temperature to a certain level doesn't mean your attacks have the same level of heat put into them, stuff like the distance they need to cross and the size of the blast being much smaller than Torch himself would lower it.
Prolly put it as an ultimate attack. It's not something his normal stats would scale to.

For the topic at hand I agree with the High 6-A downgrade. I would guess either 9-A or High end 9-B would be their most accurate tier. Silver Surfer also probably needs to be looked at to see if his Tier 5 feat is legit.
Honestly, there really wasn't anyone who scaled to Prime Surfer, him on his board being 5-B has no anti-feats. Or how no one individually scaled to Doom with Surfer's powers, and Johnny needed 4 different powers to beat him.

Is somebody willing to post useful relevant calculations in blog posts in our wiki?

Can somebody remind me what we currently need to do here please?

Can somebody remind me what we currently need to do here please?
We just need calcs for these feats.
Besides the feats above, based on References to Common Feats and Lightning Feats, we can settle for 8-C. But the calcs would give us consistency.

Thank you very much for helping out. Please keep us updated here.

Should I close this thread, or is there anything left to do here?

Back