• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
That kinda seems like a stretch then, so far everybody's said Ben's feats are either 9-B or 9-A and Doom isn't much stronger than Ben if he's stronger at all. I sort of wanna wait for calcs though. if we have numbers then it'll be more obvious what's consistent and what isn't.

It should also be noted that Johnny with the powers of the 4 did nothing to Surfer Doom. He got hits in and separated him from his board but that was about it. Had Doom hit Johnny with an energy blast (or knew how to use the powers completely), Johnny would be particles. I'd dare say he could've won that fight even without the board. I also believe everyone besides the thing can be killed with regular guns and other weapons.

Also supernova is a suicide attack basically so I could see it being used, iirc Johnny only approached supernova.

Last edited:
Would Human Torch being as hot as the Sun as 8-C work as a rating?
depends on if it's still an outlier or not, like I said I don't know because we don't have calcs for anything and people are saying all the other feats aren't that high.
It should also be noted that Johnny with the powers of the 4 did nothing to Surfer Doom. He got hits in and separated him from his board but that was about it. Had Doom hit Johnny with an energy blast (or knew how to use the powers completely), Johnny would be particles. I'd dare say he could've won that fight even without the board. I also believe everyone besides the thing can be killed with regular guns and other weapons.

Also supernova is a suicide attack basically so I could see it being used, iirc Johnny only approached supernova.
Reed probably can't, his body isn't normal anymore and it takes damage it shouldn't based on being stretchy and rubbery and all that. Idk about the rest. Johnny took a punch from Ben that sent him flying but Reed was between them and Ben didn't seem like he was hitting his absolute hardest. Sue is almost featless for durability.

Doom on the board stomps pretty much everyone other than Surfer himself and Galactus yeah, and he also shouldn't even scale to Surfer's full power now that I think of it. he barely knew how to channel the board's powers and he has way lower feats than Surfer does on the board.

I guess that makes sense, but the thing about using the supernova is that it messes with scaling, Doom walks right through it without a problem and Sue somehow contains it. maybe put something on the profile saying that he probably didn't get all the way to supernova heat at the end of the first movie because approaching actual Sun temperature would kill him?

depends on if it's still an outlier or not, like I said I don't know because we don't have calcs for anything and people are saying all the other feats aren't that high.

Reed probably can't, his body isn't normal anymore and it takes damage it shouldn't based on being stretchy and rubbery and all that. Idk about the rest. Johnny took a punch from Ben that sent him flying but Reed was between them and Ben didn't seem like he was hitting his absolute hardest. Sue is almost featless for durability.

Doom on the board stomps pretty much everyone other than Surfer himself and Galactus yeah, and he also shouldn't even scale to Surfer's full power now that I think of it. he barely knew how to channel the board's powers and he has way lower feats than Surfer does on the board.

I guess that makes sense, but the thing about using the supernova is that it messes with scaling, Doom walks right through it without a problem and Sue somehow contains it. maybe put something on the profile saying that he probably didn't get all the way to supernova heat at the end of the first movie because approaching actual Sun temperature would kill him?
Doom's thing though is absorbing energy passively. Surfer should've reduced him to particles but instead he converted his attack into energy and healed. Supernova didn't do anything to Doom likely for this same reason, even though his body was turned into molten metal, they pretty much had to seal him to win. Doom at least knew how to do Surfer's basic energy blast so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Also yeah Reed has his rubber-like body which helps piercing durability, but concussive force such as from a rocket or grenade I don't see him surviving. Sue has her forcefields which takes her own strength to fortify but without them she's likely regular human, or above that because comics.

Being rubbery would totally defend you from an explosion. Those usually kill by destroying your organs with the shockwave iirc, but it's much harder to destroy something rubbery and flexible.

you could give him something like "Small Building level when using his powers" for durability.

There has to be a limit. Besides supporting the london eye through a series of contortions, he's almost featless.
There is. I said in the post I linked in the OP that he got knocked out falling off a skyscraper. Johnny with Reed's powers gets hurt falling off the London Eye too. big impacts to his whole body seem to be too much for his elastic body to take without him getting hurt.

There is. I said in the post I linked in the OP that he got knocked out falling off a skyscraper. Johnny with Reed's powers gets hurt falling off the London Eye too. big impacts to his whole body seem to be too much for his elastic body to take without him getting hurt.

This can help.

Not for the thing, he's like over a ton and a half yet has the surface area of a human, that'd probably get way higher.

Not for the thing, he's like over a ton and a half yet has the surface area of a human, that'd probably get way higher.
I think they're talking about Reed's limit not Ben's. someone can probably still calc him falling and get a result we can actually use.

High falls cap at 9-B
Seems like that's what's consistent for his durability then. Reed gets hurt and even knocked out by high falls but his elastic body was fine from the crater feat that armorchompy said was high into 9-B.

Idk his strength though. His best strength feat that doesn't involve wrapping around something a lot is crumpling and throwing a postbox. he barely even moves Doom by doing that.

Well, did you make any requests?

Calcs that could make the thing and those who scale casually 9-A, and if heat revisions go through, supernova could increase them into 8-C, and i think human torch is getting a speed downgraded

Okay. As long as you have calculations as a basis, that is probably fine.

Human Torch's maximum output is usually called his Nova Flame though, but that's in the comics.

would the heat really scale to conventional durability tho
Assuming there's a universal energy source at play and there's no contradiction between the character's punches being of a different power level than his fire attacks AKA as long as the story or the verse itself doesn't make that distinction, yeah, it would scale to conventional dura. The revisions will officially separate force and heat feats while still keeping heat feats as AP assuming the story actually confirms heat feats to be different from physical punching and kicking and whatnot but the existence of a universal energy source would still be enough evidence to make heat attacks scale to conventional dura (Not that tanking normal campfires actually wields anything above door-busting levels of energy but still).

This is also assuming that the heat is just a mere normal fire feat melting stuff and that it doesn't actually involve physical destruction, if there's physical destruction (Like say, a fireball exploding/impacting the ground like a meteor and creating a crater while sending large fragments flying into the air) then it's no longer a heat feat, but a sheer blunt-force trauma feat.

That being said however, I don't exactly remember the Human Torch having any fire attacks that work in a physical manner like I just described.

It'd definitely be higher. Why not just use the splat calculator, figure out the height and then calc it that way? How far did the thing fall?

The Torch absolutely doesn't punch as hard as he shoots fire tho

The Torch absolutely doesn't punch as hard as he shoots fire tho
Well, isn't his Supernova a suicide move anyway? It's not supposed to scale to his normal stats anyway. At best he'd compare to the rest of the cast and maybe scale to the Thing at the very least.

Speaking of which, any idea how far the Thing fell?

So have we reached any conclusions here regarding what should be applied?

Back