• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Forest of Sus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think that it is an outlier compared to most other visuals we have of Konoha.
t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶f̶a̶i̶r̶ ̶a̶ ̶e̶x̶t̶r̶e̶m̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶p̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶i̶m̶i̶l̶a̶r̶ ̶l̶a̶n̶d̶m̶a̶r̶k̶ ̶a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶b̶o̶r̶u̶t̶o̶

Regarding which is the best way of calculating it, I agree that using the shots you've provided with Minato and the Hokage heads it is inconsistent. However, my counter argument would be that the Forest of Sus scaling requires a single panel of pixel scaling to ascertain a size, meanwhile any other method requires you to go across many panels. So with the other methods you accrue a considerable greater cross-panel error and have a much wider room for error than using a single panel. This comes down to accuracy vs precision, having points near the bullseye vs having points close together. Since the lower ends have greater error, while they might be more precise (a greater amount of them at those low values/greater perceived consistency) they also have greater error which could make them less accurate (they'd be further away from the actual size). Hence, while the Forest of Sus calc may lack precision due to a lack of additional calcs it wouldn't lack accuracy in the sense it isn't prone to cross panel error.
I don't think the amount of cross-panel scaling is significant enough to matter in this case. It's not like we're going across three or four panels, just two at most in each case.

Having a single panel for your scaling doesn't mean anything for accuracy if you get a completely wrong value as a result. If you got the radius of Konoha to be 500 km across, would you think it's still fine because you used a single panel?

I don't think the amount of cross-panel scaling is significant enough to matter in this case. It's not like we're going across three or four panels, just two at most in each case.

Having a single panel for your scaling doesn't mean anything for accuracy if you get a completely wrong value as a result. If you got the radius of Konoha to be 500 km across, would you think it's still fine because you used a single panel?
We are only talking about an order of magnitude difference here, so when it comes to order of mag errors, I do think it's worth considering. I'm not claiming Konoha is Seireitei size lol, that isn't relevant to the discussion here.

We are only talking about an order of magnitude difference here, so when it comes to order of mag errors, I do think it's worth considering. I'm not claiming Konoha is Seireitei size lol, that isn't relevant to the discussion here.

At the moment, I'm still against using the calc. The amount of evidence against the result currently outweighs it.

At the moment, I'm still against using the calc. The amount of evidence against the result currently outweighs it.
Aight, want me to message some more CGM walls? I'm not tooooooo invested in trying to change your opinion here with a multi page debate, I'm fine leaving it at agree to disagree and just get other opinions

Aight, want me to message some more CGM walls? I'm not tooooooo invested in trying to change your opinion here with a multi page debate, I'm fine leaving it at agree to disagree and just get other opinions

I mean, how many visuals contradicting the result do you think would be appropriate before you think the calc isn't accurate?

I mean, how many visuals contradicting the result do you think would be appropriate before you think the calc isn't accurate?
Ummmmmm that's a good question, I don't know if I really have an answer to that question. Ig it depends on the situation. Ik this isn't what you're implying but I wouldn't be opposed to taking like the 5 or so other ways to measure Konoha based on canon character sizes averaged with the FoS method.

Ummmmmm that's a good question, I don't know if I really have an answer to that question. Ig it depends on the situation. Ik this isn't what you're implying but I wouldn't be opposed to taking like the 5 or so other ways to measure Konoha based on canon character sizes averaged with the FoS method.

Okay. I've put off doing a reread of Naruto for a while, and I've got some time off coming at the end of this week. I'll do a reread of Naruto and gather some scans as I go if you don't mind putting this off for a few days.

̶i̶n̶s̶t̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶a̶r̶g̶u̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶r̶a̶n̶d̶o̶m̶ ̶a̶s̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶g̶u̶y̶s̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶l̶p̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶e̶v̶a̶l̶u̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶i̶n̶e̶n̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶n̶a̶r̶u̶t̶o̶ ̶f̶e̶a̶t̶s̶

̶i̶n̶s̶t̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶a̶r̶g̶u̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶r̶a̶n̶d̶o̶m̶ ̶a̶s̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶g̶u̶y̶s̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶l̶p̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶e̶v̶a̶l̶u̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶i̶n̶e̶n̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶n̶a̶r̶u̶t̶o̶ ̶f̶e̶a̶t̶s̶
Who is this "you guys" you speak of, the only CGM here is Damage :devilish:

Who is this "you guys" you speak of, the only CGM here is Damage :devilish:
oh right, why did i think you were a calc member

@Damage3245
̶i̶n̶s̶t̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶a̶r̶g̶u̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶r̶a̶n̶d̶o̶m̶ ̶a̶s̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶e̶s̶t̶ ,Damage s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶l̶p̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶e̶v̶a̶l̶u̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶i̶n̶e̶n̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶n̶a̶r̶u̶t̶o̶ ̶f̶e̶a̶t̶s̶

Sorry, ended up out of commission around the time I planned to get into this

Long story short though, I don't think there is enough support for the calc to be taken at face value as being the most optimal way to calculate Konoha's size.

So you throwing away this idea
I think even without doing an in-depth reread of the series, there's a lot more evidence stacked against the village being 120 km in diameter than there is supporting it. If there's additional evidence that can support that figure, I'd like to see it.

But for now my current stance is not be in favor of the calc.

I think even without doing an in-depth reread of the series, there's a lot more evidence stacked against the village being 120 km in diameter than there is supporting it. If there's additional evidence that can support that figure, I'd like to see it.

But for now my current stance is not be in favor of the calc.
That’s cool, you mind helping me get some more CGM in here just to tally a vote and conclude this then?

I’m not into the idea of Konoha being city-sized in population or even sheer size. At least not the pre Boruto era, we see a lot of shots and they’re clearly not a city, more like a town or whatever. Boruto era Konoha is big as **** tho, should be a city imo.

I’m not into the idea of Konoha being city-sized in population or even sheer size. At least not the pre Boruto era, we see a lot of shots and they’re clearly not a city, more like a town or whatever. Boruto era Konoha is big as **** tho, should be a city imo.
Tbh, it's not really about whether we classify Konoha as a city, or town, or village, but if the calculated figure is consistent with every other visual of the village and I haven't seen a single piece of supporting evidence yet that would make me reconsider this being an outlier.

In terms of CGM, it’s 2 disagree 1 agree. In terms of retired staff it’s 1 not care but originally disagreed and 1 neutral leaning agree. And in terms of staff in general it’s 2 2. Y’all think therefir would comment in this thread?

What is the end goal of this revision by the way? Because a size by itself doesn't change anything.

Everyone’s favorite @Wrath_Of_Itachi has some calcs that use Konoha, and there’s stuff like Pain’s CST and the Six Tails Bijuudama. So ig a few calc upgrades would be the end goal?
I see. Well, I won't speak on any of those directly since I don't know the details for sure but I'm positive that there would be better ways of calcing those than relying on the Forest of Death.

I see. Well, I won't speak on any of those directly since I don't know the details for sure but I'm positive that there would be better ways of calcing those than relying on the Forest of Death.
Yeah I've got no real comment there either, since they'd rely on this being accepted first anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back