• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Forest of Sus

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one of those is it consistent visual type things for me. I'm not sure entirely but I'm not against this really so if I had to pick I'd say it being a city in size could work.

This is one of those is it consistent visual type things for me. I'm not sure entirely but I'm not against this really so if I had to pick I'd say it being a city in size could work.
It's not a matter of it being a "city size" or not. Being "a city" tells us nothing about its size.

It's about the consistency of this one specific calc; not whether the tertiary evidence suggests that Konoha has a large population or not which is completely irrelevant.

And from what I can tell, every other landmark in the panel being used contradicts relying on the Forest of Death size for scaling Konoha.

Well to be transparent I can’t claim in good faith that Konoha is consistently 60 km in radius or anything like that. The big contention rn is like “oh does that size inconsistency matter more than the larger size lore arguments” along with interpretations of the lore arguments.

It's not a matter of it being a "city size" or not. Being "a city" tells us nothing about its size.

It's about the consistency of this one specific calc; not whether the tertiary evidence suggests that Konoha has a large population or not which is completely irrelevant.
It does matter since we could give at least some estimate going off the OP, I don't see how it's irrelevent.

Well to be transparent I can’t claim in good faith that Konoha is consistently 60 km in radius or anything like that. The big contention rn is like “oh does that size inconsistency matter more than the larger size lore arguments” along with interpretations of the lore arguments.
We can't expect Konoha to look the same size in every shot but if lore contributes to it being that big and at leat some shots show it close in size to it then I could work, no?

It does matter since we could give at least some estimate going off the OP, I don't see how it's irrelevent.

We can't expect Konoha to look the same size in every shot but if lore contributes to it being that big and at leat some shots show it close in size to it then I could work, no?
I think KT's counter-arguments showed that the lore-based arguments did not support the size suggested in the calculation.

So if the lore does not contribute to it being that big, and the singular shot being used here is majorly contradicted, then I don't see how it works.

Unfortunately no such image in og Naruto exists, haven’t checked the Boruto anime (don’t plan on it cuz I don’t like Boruto lol). I think the lore supports it being that large, not everyone agrees, I’d just refer you to KT and I’s argument on the first page (it doesn’t last that long iirc) if you wanted to hear both sides.

I think KT's counter-arguments showed that the lore-based arguments did not support the size suggested in the calculation.

So if the lore does not contribute to it being that big, and the singular shot being used here is majorly contradicted, then I don't see how it works.
The arguments regarding the lore seemed to be going back and forth and while I can agree with inconsistent shots not being helpful, I'd say the most detailed one map wise should be used, no?

Unfortunately no such image in og Naruto exists, haven’t checked the Boruto anime (don’t plan on it cuz I don’t like Boruto lol). I think the lore supports it being that large, not everyone agrees, I’d just refer you to KT and I’s argument on the first page (it doesn’t last that long iirc) if you wanted to hear both sides.
Not a fan of Boruto I see. Well without some backing visuals that can show it comparable to that side it's problematic. I'm not knowledgeable enough to get in a full on debate but KT does give valid points. In the end, if it's up to interpretation/inconsistent sizes then we'd be better off not using the calc in my honest opinion.

The arguments regarding the lore seemed to be going back and forth and while I can agree with inconsistent shots not being helpful, I'd say the most detailed one map wise should be used, no?
I think you're saying the most detailed panel of Konoha is what should be used for its size? The issue is that there are multiple reference objects that would contradict relying solely on the Forest of Death, and all of them put the size of Konoha on that panel as being much smaller than using the Forest of Death.

I think you're saying the most detailed panel of Konoha is what should be used for its size? The issue is that there are multiple reference objects that would contradict relying solely on the Forest of Death, and all of them put the size of Konoha on that panel as being much smaller than using the Forest of Death.
I think Griffon is saying that if it’s inconsistent like that, the FoD calc shouldn’t be used, aka he shares your position moreso than mine. At least I interpreted the message as he disagrees.

I think Griffon is saying that if it’s inconsistent like that, the FoD calc shouldn’t be used, aka he shares your position moreso than mine. At least I interpreted the message as he disagrees.
I may have misunderstood him then.

I may have misunderstood him then.
My apologies for wording it like that but my comment towards arc7 under yours was...

Not a fan of Boruto I see. Well without some backing visuals that can show it comparable to that side it's problematic. I'm not knowledgeable enough to get in a full on debate but KT does give valid points. In the end, if it's up to interpretation/inconsistent sizes then we'd be better off not using the calc in my honest opinion.

This thread can probably be closed, majority are in favor of rejecting it, I doubt anyone else will come to this thread, and I'm fine conceding this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back