• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ford Pines vs. Scrooge McDuck (Battle of the Experienced Adventurer Uncles) (Voting Completed)

It is stated in the wiki that Scrooge is in his 60-80's though thats not real, because he has been around since the Klondike Gold Rush, which makes him over 100 years old (assuming the reboot's events happen in 2017 - 2019). In the episode 'The other bin of Scrooge McDuck', Webby also mentions that Scrooge was born in 1867, making him 152 years old. Also, in the episode 'The golden lagoon of white agony plains', it is stated that Scrooge was stuck in the timeless realm of Demogorgana in order to stop a demon uprising, much like Ford was stuck between various dimensions. This means that Scrooge is far older than Ford (who is in his 60's), which gives him the upper hand in terms of experience (since this probably means that Scrooge has fought the most enemies).

Concerning the speed, durability and strength, I believe both Scrooge and Ford are almost equal, though Scrooge might be better, due to his experience.

The argument of Totallynotchewbacca about stomping doesnt make sense, since with the same logic, Bill Cipher should have won in the finale of GF, cause he stomps almost everyone in the GF universe (Tier 2C). He was defeated, because he was tricked, and Scrooge can pretty much try to do the same here (though i doubt it would work, since Ford would be able to find out if someone tries to trick him),

Also, the fight takes place inside the vault, so Scrooge has another advantage, cause he knows the place, while Ford doesnt, and Scrooge has access in all of his equipment.

However, I agree that Ford is more intelligent than Scrooge, and has better understanding of his own equipment, so in terms of weaponry, I believe Ford has the advantage.

All in all, I vote Scrooge, mostly because of his better experience. Ford can still win this, if he tries to use his weapons immediately, but I dont think he would do such a thing, since he wouldnt consider Scrooge dangerous (he doesnt actually know what Scrooge is capable of). Generally speaking, i dont even think they would fight each other, more like talk it out :p.

I would kill to see that crossover episode, though.

The reason Bill lost was pretty much only because he was hit with PIS every passing second. He could have killed them numerous times over, but he didn't because the good guys were supposed to win.

Yeah, his age is outdated and I do need to revise the verse a bit. He's quite possibly over 100 years old and maybe even older because he's been through something as ancient as the Gold Rush.

In reply to Aristos321's comment

while I will say scrooge has been around for much longer than Ford I will say I highly doubt the point about experience since Ford has been going around through the Multiverse for 30 years while Scrooge was stuck in one single dimension to stop an uprising. I think it is fair to say that this doesn't compare quite as well since we know Ford has gone through many adventures like these (He became a ruler, traveled with a group of Bandits becoming a multiverse wide criminal which you know would equate to him getting in much more heated situations than the one scrooge was in, and he even took out Bill's gang before getting back to his home dimension) and more. The creatures of Journal 3 are essentially the standard issue in ducktales if not a bit more extreme (Ghosts, Monsters, Curses, etc.) and it is safe to say that Ford would have encountered a lot more creatures to fight than Scrooge ever has (He has gone on to fight even Chairs at one point).

You made the claim that my scaling didn't make sense since Bill stomps everyone and but was defeated since he was tricked but I think Unoriginal Memes put it best on that situation. The scaling definitely works though since Ford has been shown to be above Stan who is above Wendy who is above Mabel who is above Dipper who is higher than the Multi Bear and the gnomes who took out Gideons Gaurds who survived a smash through a wall which is roughly around the level Glomgold is around whom Scrooge is comparable to

Scrooge does have better reaction speed I will give him that and he has the home court advantage though I don't know how useful it will really be since Scrooge didn't rig the room or something (not that I know of at least)

And while Ford definitely doesn't know what Scrooge is capable of, neither does Scroog and Ford is shown to be trigger happy with weapons as shown with his shock gloves and his freezing the face snatcher right away without hesitation in the comic

Back