• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ford Pines discovers Something awful

So the Thing just beat James Bond and when I was adding the results to both profiles I noticed Bond had a better W/L record then the Thing and I just can't abide that, so it's time to revive my Thing spam. Just gonna summerize copy/paste the setting from the Thing/Bond thread.

Fight takes place in an isolated base in the arctic with the power cut off. The Thing has assimilated 7 random people and is spread around the base. Ford has just entered the facility, is fully equipped and knows to not let the Thing touch him, but has no other knowledge. Victory via any means possible.

Ford Pines

The Thing

I think if Ford goes in knowing not to let it touch him, he takes it. He's a cautious, brilliant adventurer who has all in likeliness fought or seen something similar to the thing in his travels. Even if he hasn't, he should be able to think of a way to win. His solo experience and experience fighting interdimensional creatures and the plain weird monsters of gravity falls means he probably has a way to beat and avoid the assimilated humans and think of a way to win with the equipment he has.

Voting Ford

I'm voting Ford as well FRA. He has loads of experience dealing with impossible monsters, and traveled throughout the multiverse. His equipment and smarts should get him through this fairly well.

Back