• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
For this next battle, Kuuga is to contest Obito's spot in the top 15 strongest non-smurf 6-C rankings.

Battle Conditions:

• Speeds are equalized
  • Both are at their strongest 6-C keys
  • Everything else unmentioned will be according to SBA

Votings:​

Kamen.Rider.Kuuga.%28Character%29.600.3816306.jpg
obito-uchiha-unmasking-jayvxh1dy8wz1yfw.png

AP gap is 14.3 times [61.49 Gigatons vs. 4.3 Gigatons], meaning that Kuuga can one-shot.

Seems interesting enough. Can Obito do something against passive fear aura and the supernatural ignition ability with planetary ranges?

Can Obito do something against passive fear aura and the supernatural ignition ability with planetary ranges?
While Obito doesn't have resistance to the Overwhelming Aura and Fear Manip, he can use izanagi to reality warp himself out of the flames (or in a bad situation in general). It's also unknown whether the ignition would work when he has sent his whole body to Kamui zone to be intangible and there's also the argument that Obito can genjutsu him right from the start of the matchup.

I'll probably have the Naruto supporters chip in on this one.

Thing is, the moment Kuuga raises his hand, Obito will already be burning from inside to outside at atomic level. He traveling to another realm while still being litted up wouldn't help unless he can somehow power null the flames, plus, he would need to use it in the first instant if he is paralyzed and weakened by the overwhelming aura.

So his intangibility is passive? If yes, then Kuuga can't do anything. What is the range of the Genjutsu?

Obito will already be burning from inside to outside at atomic level. He traveling to another realm while still being litted up wouldn't help unless he can somehow power null the flames, plus, he would need to use it in the first instant if he is paralyzed and weakened by the overwhelming aura.
When Obito first met Sasuke after the latter had his final sibling squabble, Obito was scorched by Itachi's Amaterasu implanted in Sasuke as a failsafe. Functioning similarly to Kuuga's supernatural ignition, suffice to say it could've spelt the end for him. Then suddenly the flames were extinguished and he was all normal as if that didn't happen. It could be that he has used Izanagi to reality warp a short window to not be burning from the Amaterasu. This would be what he does when set alight by Kuuga's plasma ignition, more often than not, he would use this due to his intangibility not being passive. However, using this would mean his sharingan will be unusable for the battle. He also has some regeneration (high low) but it's unknown how it will play out.

What is the range of the Genjutsu
Genjutsu range is unlisted but since it's from his sharingan/rinnegan, he can cast it instantly the moment he looks right at Kuuga.

Only big problem is that the overwhelming aura and fear manip is throwing a huge wrench to this and I'm unsure of how he can do all this while being in Kuuga's presence.

When Obito first met Sasuke after the latter had his final sibling squabble, Obito was scorched by Itachi's Amaterasu implanted in Sasuke as a failsafe. Functioning similarly to Kuuga's supernatural ignition, suffice to say it could've spelt the end for him. Then suddenly the flames were extinguished and he was all normal as if that didn't happen. It could be that he has used Izanagi to reality warp a short window to not be burning from the Amaterasu. This would be what he does when set alight by Kuuga's plasma ignition, more often than not, he would use this due to his intangibility not being passive. However, using this would mean his sharingan will be unusable for the battle. He also has some regeneration (high low) but it's unknown how it will play out.
Does these flames burn at 11,600 kelvin and burns your atoms away? Itachi's profile mentions it is just as hot as the sun (5,500°C), but Kuuga's plasma is around two times hotter while turning your body into plasma at atomic level. Obito would need high regeneration to get past by that without trouble, as he doesn't, then needs to reach Kuuga first before he raises his hand, something that can only be achieved if he gets past his fear aura, which will already weaken him at the first instant.
Genjutsu range is unlisted but since it's from his sharingan/rinnegan, he can cast it instantly the moment he looks right at Kuuga.
How far can Obito's vision reach?

Does these flames burn at 11,600 kelvin and burns your atoms away? Itachi's profile mentions it is just as hot as the sun (5,500°C), but Kuuga's plasma is around two times hotter while turning your body into plasma at atomic level. Obito would need high regeneration to get past by that without trouble, as he doesn't, then needs to reach Kuuga first before he raises his hand, something that can only be achieved if he gets past his fear aura, which will already weaken him at the first instant.
It doesn't really have to do with the heat really, it's just that Izanagi allows him to reality warp out of any sticky situation, meaning that he'll probably warp into a state where he hasn't gotten ignited yet. So basically he'll be back to where he isn't on fire yet.

How far can Obito's vision reach?
Unlisted and I can't find anything about it, but ninjas can see from very far away.

Here's hoping the Naruto supporters drop by.

It doesn't really have to do with the heat really, it's just that Izanagi allows him to reality warp out of any sticky situation, meaning that he'll probably warp into a state where he hasn't gotten ignited yet. So basically he'll be back to where he isn't on fire yet.
So it is just a self-time manipulation then? Regardless, he'd still have to do that while being crushed by Kuuga's fear aura. The profile implies that Izanagi only works by casting an illusion on the user, which means he'd need range to get past by the SBA distance of 4 km.

Don't know how my goofy aah eyes mistook "user" for "target". I'm aware that it is subjective reality (it's in the profile, duh), but the way you worded seems more a self-time reversal.

But eh, if Obito can get past by Kuuga's passive fear aura + supernatural ignition ability. Then Obito would just go intangible.

Obito's profile is pretty outdated but he definitely should have resistance to the fear hax via pm every Jounin being able to emit bloodlust that can drive weaker people to desire unaliving themselves and Jounin being able to resist each other's aura.

It is already accepted on newer profiles like Itachi,

Overwhelming Aura (His aura, alongside his parents', was enough to make a young Sasuke collapse.[78] He could inject his aura with bloodlust and malice, just like Obito and Zabuza[79])

Resistance to Fear Manipulation (He became completely unfazed[79][86][87] by Obito's bloodlust-ridden aura, which had completely paralyzed him with fear[88] when he was younger. Fought both Sasuke and Orochimaru, and was unfazed by their bloodlusted[52] auras)

Can Obito use Kamui against Kuuga's ignition? It burns him from inside to outside at atomic level while turning his body into plasma.

Overwhelming Aura (His aura, alongside his parents', was enough to make a young Sasuke collapse.[78] He could inject his aura with bloodlust and malice, just like Obito and Zabuza[79]
Checking Itachi's profiles, this seems to be an ability rather than a resistance. Remember that Kuuga's passive is Overwhelming Aura and Fear Manipulation, which made Kuuga collapse, making him feel like he's being crushed. If it is resistance to Overwhelming Aura too, then make sure to add it in.

Can Obito use Kamui against Kuuga's ignition? It burns him from inside to outside at atomic level while turning his body into plasma.
I'm honestly not sure, but if it's an attack that needs to travel or be activated, Obito can probably Kamui through it.

At worst if he gets hit with the attack, he can sacrifice one of his eyes for Izanagi and revive, incapable of taking damage for a minute or so.

Checking Itachi's profiles, this seems to be an ability rather than a resistance. Remember that Kuuga's passive is Overwhelming Aura and Fear Manipulation, which made Kuuga collapse, making him feel like he's being crushed. If it is resistance to Overwhelming Aura too, then make sure to add it in.
it's an ability and a resistance to overwhelming aura and fear hax

I can probably get it added now but I plan on completely revising Obito soon.

the one currently on Hagaromo's profile is probably the one I would end up using which explains it more in-depth

Aura &Fear Manipulation (Explosive, Overwhelming, & Fear-inducing - High level Shinobi with vast and/or powerful chakra have consistently shown the ability to produce an aura. This aura, when emitted by someone of around Kage level strength or above, was shown to have a physical effect[33][34] powerful enough to violently damage[35] the user's surroundings. When the user's aura is injected with bloodlust or malice,[36][37][38] it[39][40][41] has[42] been consistently shown[43][44][45][46] to[47] cause[35] a variety[48][32][49][34][50][51][52] of harmful[53][54][55] effects[38][56][57] such as intense fear, paralysis, illusions, suicidal urges, unconsciousness, and more. Hagoromo has been depicted with an aura before[58])

Resistance to
Fear Manipulation (Elite Shinobi have been shown to withstand[35] being in the presence of[39][40][41] and fighting characters who utilize their injected with bloodlust or malice-injected auras[36][37][38] in combat)

it's an ability and a resistance to overwhelming aura and fear hax

I can probably get it added now but I plan on completely revising Obito soon.

the one currently on Hagaromo's profile is probably the one I would end up using which explains it more in-depth

Aura &Fear Manipulation (Explosive, Overwhelming, & Fear-inducing - High level Shinobi with vast and/or powerful chakra have consistently shown the ability to produce an aura. This aura, when emitted by someone of around Kage level strength or above, was shown to have a physical effect[33][34] powerful enough to violently damage[35] the user's surroundings. When the user's aura is injected with bloodlust or malice,[36][37][38] it[39][40][41] has[42] been consistently shown[43][44][45][46] to[47] cause[35] a variety[48][32][49][34][50][51][52] of harmful[53][54][55] effects[38][56][57] such as intense fear, paralysis, illusions, suicidal urges, unconsciousness, and more. Hagoromo has been depicted with an aura before[58])

Resistance to Fear Manipulation (Elite Shinobi have been shown to withstand[35] being in the presence of[39][40][41] and fighting characters who utilize their injected with bloodlust or malice-injected auras[36][37][38] in combat)
Aight, glad that's cleared up then.

I'm honestly not sure, but if it's an attack that needs to travel or be activated, Obito can probably Kamui through it.
Basically Kuuga converts the matter in/from Obito into plasma, igniting him from inside to outside at an atomic level. Zeed has sent the video scan.

It's honestly hard to say how that would interact with Obito's Kamui

so on one hand with Obito's analytical prediction, he would see Kuuga's movements before he made them which would probably mean he would have Kamui active when he raises or moves his hand (he spams Kamui almost 24/7 in all his 6C keys)

Sharingan users can also see at a cellular level when they focus, not that Obito is always doing that or anything.

on the other hand, I'm not sure when Kamui would automatically start moving Obito's body parts into another dimension, while his cells are being transmuted into plasma, or when Kamui detects the flames starting.

Hard to say how Kamui would interact with Kuuga's flames spawning inside of Obito.

Izanagi is a Subjective Reality that pm mitigates damage or death after it activates, it will even save you after you've already died if you activate it in advance. Kinda like turning Reality into fiction temporarily for Obito.

If Obito does manage to activate Izanagi, he'll be fine against the flames but after the duration runs out he'll lose one of his eyes and be vulnerable again.

So if it did get to that point, Kuuga would need to be able to stall out Obito for a minute to damage him again, but Obito would be a lot weaker afterward if he managed to.

Doesn't Obito spam genjutsu as far as I remember? Also, can the sharingan's genjutsu be broken by the person inflicting damage on himself similar to how Shikamaru freed himself from genjutsu in part 1? My memory is a bit muddy from not watching Naruto in a long time so hehe.

Doesn't Obito spam genjutsu as far as I remember?
he definitely does use it periodically enough to where he'd probably try it once or twice at some point here

idk if I'd say it's his first move off rip like it is for Itachi though.
Also, can the sharingan's genjutsu be broken by the person inflicting damage on himself similar to how Shikamaru freed himself from genjutsu in part 1?
Sharingan Genjutsu requires someone else to be present to break you out of it.

you're usually just trapped unless you have similarly powerful Eyes, like other Sharingan, or something like a Bijuu inside of you (basically the presence of a cooperative soul in your subconscious)

since it can paralyze you and place you in an illusion.

the only other countermeasure is just not looking in their eyes at all during the fight.
My memory is a bit muddy from not watching Naruto in a long time so hehe.
no worries 👌

Sharingan Genjutsu requires someone else to be present to break you out of it.
For matchups like this, does it just require another person or does that person have to have some sort of chakra system power thingy to help break out Kuuga's genjutsu?

For matchups like this, does it just require another person or does that person have to have some sort of chakra system power thingy to help break out Kuuga's genjutsu?
for 3T Sharingan or Basic Mangekyo Genjutsu, both the types Obito can use, another person can either hit him to wake him up or briefly disrupt his internal chakra(Life force) to break it.

for 3T Sharingan or Basic Mangekyo Genjutsu, both the types Obito can use, another person can either hit him to wake him up or briefly disrupt his internal chakra(Life force) to break it.
Ah this means that Gouram can hit him to break Kuuga from the genjutsu. What Gouram basically is is a large flying stage beetle-like entity that can either be summoned by Kuuga or automatically when Kuuga's in trouble for whatever reason. What Gouram will do when it senses something wrong with Kuuga is to practically spawn in by his side and hit him before whisking him away from the air.

Ah this means that Gouram can hit him to break Kuuga from the genjutsu. What Gouram basically is is a large flying stage beetle-like entity that can either be summoned by Kuuga or automatically when Kuuga's in trouble for whatever reason. What Gouram will do when it senses something wrong with Kuuga is to practically spawn in by his side and hit him before whisking him away from the air.
does he instantly appear whenever Kuuga is in trouble? Or is there a summoning process that takes any time?

I was also wondering about it before but since you mentioned a summon, this Obito should be War Arc Obito, which is his strongest 6C key, does that mean he's allowed to summon the Gedo Mazo, and in turn summon the Tailed Beasts? They are still 6C but with one H6C attack.

does he instantly appear whenever Kuuga is in trouble? Or is there a summoning process that takes any time?
He appears automatically almost instantly, regardless of automatically or by manual summon, which doesn't need much more than a thought.

I was also wondering about it before but since you mentioned a summon, this Obito should be War Arc Obito, which is his strongest 6C key, does that mean he's allowed to summon the Gedo Mazo, and in turn summon the Tailed Beasts? They are still 6C but with one H6C attack.
Honestly I was wondering the same thing. I'm not really sure either.

Ultimate Kuuga will likely not summon Gouram at the first instant. We see that his first move against Daguva (an equal of his in power) was the supernatural ignition ability, which didn't worked because both were resistant, so they started H2H combat.

Kuuga's ignition is his main wincon, it operates at planetary range, and if Obito cannot see him or his moves from that distance, then he is getting ignited before he uses Kamui. If Obito can teleport to a fair distance to Kuuga however, while still being ignited (considering the range that Kuuga operates), then Obito might incap Kuuga through Sharingan.

I think I'll lean to Inconclusive. It is either Obito getting ignited by Kuuga, or Kuuga getting paralyzed or BFRed by Obito's Mangekyo Sharingan.

He can summon anything, as long as the summon isn't above High 3-A in AP and Hax

Ultimate Kuuga will likely not summon Gouram at the first instant
Wouldn't it like not come by automatically as well?

He can summon anything, as long as the summon isn't above High 3-A in AP and Hax
Ok this changes the battle. Assuming that the Gedo Mazo resists OA and Fear Manip, Kuuga might just burn it into a crisp before it could do anything or burn the jinchurikis the moment they've been summoned due to planetary range and that he can ignite any number of people.

It can be an incon due to the nature of the wincons but since we have summoning into play as well, would Obito be vulnerable when he's trying to summon, since some parts of him would have to be solid to do so.
We also have to remember that if Obito does use Izanagi, he will soon lose his sharingan and won't be able to use Kamui.

Perhaps? It didn't appeared in Kuuga's final fight, although his Amadam was cracked already.
I can't really say for sure either, since the final fight was also a very climatic and IIRC also a personal one. It could also be why Kuuga's sealing energy wasn't used in that fight (besides the stuff about Kuuga holding himself back from destroying the world) so... We can't really rule out the possibility either.

Anything for summoning from Obito's side?

It depends which we give Óbito the Edo Jinchiuriki summons or the Tailed Beasts summons

The Edo Jinchuuriki have Low Godly Regen so I’m not sure if they should be restricted here or not

And I assume these Edo Jinchurikis/Tailed Beasts can also resist the OA and Fear hax then.
I do think the summoning part for Obito would take a small window of time that Kuuga can use to stay at the offensive (maybe unless he does it after the izanagi)

Back