• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fixing Warcraft (Pt. 1)

Not quite. All of them would scale to High 6-C with the various 6-C feats being support, including Gul'dan's island raising and Medivh's island creation.

never

myriad has been deceased for a long time and I haven't been super knowledgeable on WoW since Cataclysm. I offer my services as a calc person if anyone would like to bring feats and can talk competently enough on the subject matter I know, but there's been a large gap in my info sources.

I think the calcs can be pushed through to scale to anyone major. The Neptulon calc brings them up to High 6-C. Outside of further fixes, no, not really. I think we have enough support to do the former though.

Warcraft scales to at least High 3, if not low tier 2 because of Void Gods. They exist outside of reality, influence time and space, and can destroy our reality if allowed to enter. Even lower-tiered characters like DW are low-mid tier 5, as Deathwing would have literally decimated the planet, LK is very high tier 6 with borderline immortality, posession, rezzing, the ability to destroy all life, etc, and every titan is solar system level+ (probably tier 3 if you consider that they shaped the cosmos), with characters like Aman'Thul having time hax, etc. Even the old gods (especially pre-retcon) are easily planetary.

Yes. We are aware of those guys. That said, where the hell are you pulling these tiers from lol

Deathwing has a multiple Tier 6 feats, potentially High 6-A ish. LK and most of the major characters below Deathwing currently scale to High 6-C Neptulon's feat. I don't know where you're getting these tiers from without sources.

All of the story we have about Void Gods pretty blatantly states that it's the end of the universe if they get their way. Sargeras dumpsters planets way before his buffs, and 1-shots the entire pantheon who are easily planetary-solar system level. Aman'thul has (afaik) total control of time, Eonar has life manip, etc. Even weakened pantheon titans are able to lock down Argus, who is capable of ending all life. The act of an Old God simply dying is enough to wreck a planet (see Aman'Thul killing Y'shaarj), and I believe that's post-retcon.

For Deathwing's scaling, the act of him simply flying around after emerging from Deepholm was enough to significantly alter the surface of the world, and if we didn't stop him at the Maelstrom it's implied that the planet would have been destroyed, or in such a state that it would have been uninhabitable. You have proof of him wiping the planet in the End Time dungeon. Also consider that in that timeline, he didn't self-nuke like he would have in our timeline, and simply killed everyone normally. Considering Azeroth is supposed to be roughly Earth-sized, i'd say he's easily moon level.

As far as the Lich King, wouldn't being able to deathtouch anyone who fights you, as well as having the capability to scour life off of a planet be pretty high up there? Feel free to correct me, as I'm not sure if lifewiping=continent level or if that explicitly means physical destruction, I'm fairly new here.

The Titan Keepers also have some pretty crazy creation feats in the Chronicles. Freya having created the Emerald Dream and Ra and Helya created the Elemental Plane.

Yeah, we're not arguing about them, though they wouldn't scale to anyone. IIRC their story also doesn't mention time in any way so we're looking at 3-A or High 3-A or whatever for them.

I'm fine with Sargeras and Titans as Tier 4 considering the existence of living constellations as their servants (Constellars). "Wrecking a planet" isn't inherently 5-B.

True, which currently is accepted as High 6-B. Granted, even one bit of the feat (the giant scar through the Barrens) should be High 6-B, but all of the stuff together, even if taken highballed massively, wasn't anywhere near Tier 5. At best High 6-A. Nuking the surface of a planet is High 6-A, and that's with one attack. So no. I do agree Deathwing should be considered High 6-A from what I remember, but Myriad, the last expert, heavily disagreed with that notion.

Deathtouch isn't an attack potency feat, that's just hax. Wiping out all life similarly isn't an Attack Potency feat. Like I said, the best feats I've found for these guys are Neptulon's tidal wave, which I personally calculated as High 6-C, Ragnaros melting mountains, which comes out as 6-C, and a few of the Titan Forged have really insane feats with sadly no time-frame (Freya carving out country-sized areas, Odyn holding up the Halls of Valor, etc) so we can't place a direct value on those.

Fair enough. The reason I brought up time was that in the Twisting Nether time isn't really a thing, as one can exist in multiple timelines by existing in the Nether (see Archimonde), and the VL exist outside of even that.

Right. Since you seem knowledgeable enough, if you have any ideas of feats then I'm happy to hear them. I can calculate them myself if such a thing is possible.

I don't know of any particular speed feats, no. I'm sure something exists, it's just that Warcraft is a long-running and frankly stupidly expansive game and I already sorta have my plate full with another one of those.

Anyways, since I'm reminded of this... I'm gonna list all the profiles that need a High 6-C change based on scaling to Neptulon.

• Al'Akir (Scales to Neptulon as a fellow Elemental Lord thing)
  • Arthas Menethil (Easily fights characters capable of fighting Neptulon, was ostensibly a greater threat than Ragnaros)
  • Conclave of Wind (Frankly this page should be deleted for just being four characters smacked into one)
  • Grom Hellscream (Slew Mannoroth, who in turn battled Thrall, who should scale to the Elementals as a high-ranking member of the Earthen Ring)
  • Gul'da (Considered a greater threat in terms of raw might than many others, including the likes of Al'Akir and Ragnaros; personally rose islands from the ocean floor and indeed threatened the mightiest of the Horde, including those capable of battling Neptulon)
  • Illidan Stormrage (Comparable to Maiev Shadowsong and even Malfurion Stormrage, who himself battled Ragnaros alongside his god and the player)
  • Maiev Shadowsong (Comparable to Malfurion Stormrage, who himself battled Ragnaros alongside his god and the player)
  • Mannoroth (Battled Thrall, who should compare to the elementals such as Ragnaros and Neptulon)
  • Murmur (Should also calculate the destruction caused by him in a weakened state, he should also receive a 5-B key for his true form for being able to whisper apart worlds; as an Elemental Lord Murmur should easily scale to his fellows, Neptulon and Ragnaros)
  • Neptulo (Created a tidal wave that dwarfed even the largest of Therazane's mountain holdings, we have a calc for this)
  • Ody (Battled Ragnaros to a standstill for a week)
  • Ra-De (Slew Al'Akir with a single attack)
  • Ragnaros (Considered the mightiest of the elementals, making him superior even to Neptulon)
  • The Demon Hunter (Warcraft) (Throughout their career, player characters battle such immense threats as Arthas Menethil, Illidan Stormrage, Ragnaros, and Gul'dan)
  • Therazane (As an Elemental Lord, scales to Neptulon)
  • Thrall (Considered one of the mightiest members of the Earthen Ring, making him likely comparable to the elementals and their lordships; was once considered for a spot as a member of the Dragon Aspects, and should scale to such powerhouses)
Those are the pages currently on the wiki that should scale. All others scale below or, in one odd case, I'm not certain Sally Whitemane should scale to this. She absolutely should at the very least scale to the fodder demon calc which had 8-A KE results, but her main feat that I can remember is being heavily tied to and possibly comparable to The Ashbringer, who IIRC could harm the Lich King himself.

Mr. Bambu said:
Nah, I figure it'd be "High 6-C, possibly 5-C with Artifacts" if we get down to it
keep in mind my recent knowledge on Warcraft is limited since I haven't played WoW since MoP came out
The Artifacts would be best to be scaled from 6-B to 5-B.

Examples being Elemental Lord blessed items for 6-B and 5-B being T'uure and Sceptre of Sargeras which has been stated to be able to destroy the Planet and actually did so to Draenor main timeline (Tooltip states as such) and T'uure was able to stop Entropius by sacrificing itself partly saving the entire planet from destruction, and the rest of the Priest artifacts which either fill a fully realised Void God with enough Light energy to revert them to their Naaru state again or absorb that Void energy, where Void Gods are stated that they can destroy planets once fully realised.

Also in the new Heartstone tavern brawl we get to fight against Titan Keepers from Uldum and we get some good statements from them. Also, Heartstone can be used for the Cannon as everything in Heartstone is stated "to take place in an Inn somewhere in Azeroth"

Firstly that Titan Keeper of Life controls all Life, and that the Keeper of Magic states she wields the arcane infinite and tha the Keeper of Destruction is "infinite darkness".

So, two High 3-A from those Keepers, then Freya created the Dream which is stated to have infinite pathways, so the time frame doesn't matter.

DnW0 said:
Hearthstone statements are too vague to warrant any tiering.
I mean, wielding infinite Arcane is pretty clear, and the other being Infinite Darkness isn't that vague.

Arcane Infinite and Infinite Darkness are all vague if they haven't expressed any capability of either having infinite magic power or even having anything to do with darkness. Especially if they literally have one vague statement of each and the fact that you can beat up every single boss with a bunch of wisps and knives

Where does 6-B come from? I know for a fact the planet stuff exists and I know Myriad has his own issues with them (I'd assume timeframe) and that's why people like Archimonde are currently 5-C. Neutral on that point since I don't think it needs to be lowballed but I don't really care.

"Infinite energy" lol no. That isn't indicative of being able to instantly output an infinite amount of energy. Possibly an infinite supply, but I'd liken it to having infinite batteries to use for a TV remote with two slots. Outside of the fact that such statements are already disregarded for High 3-A (for example the GER downgrade that may or may not be finished, since it was stalled). So no High 3-A from that. I think High 3-A is possible for certain entities anyways via Void Lords just destroying all matter in the universe (or 3-A, dunno for new system *****).

Fair, but what about Freya creating the Infinite pathways of the Emerald Dream?

The 6-B comes from the Ashara artefact which contains a portion of the power of the Well of Eternity which caused the Mega-continent to split.

Oh yeah, Rajh from Uldum has a 4-A statement, saying he holds the power to unleash the power of 1000 suns on Azeroth.

Emerald Dream is a weird thing to me. I honestly don't know how to handle it. It's a dream, called one and acts like one (you even have to sleep to be in it and it isn't really physical) but occasionally it has physical bearing on the real world. So I dunno.

Ah. Could probably look into that for supporting lore or something and get a calc out of it if possible. Even just splitting the barrens I calculated at like High 6-B.

Last thing is probably 4-B if not disregarded for boasting.

Mr. Bambu said:
Ah. Could probably look into that for supporting lore or something and get a calc out of it if possible. Even just splitting the barrens I calculated at like High 6-B.

Last thing is probably 4-B if not disregarded for boasting.
Yeah, best to calc it if you can because these type of things can be deceiving.

And the statement for Rajh holding the power of 1000 suns is from the Dungeon guide, the Omniscient Author guide.

Even then it could be hyperbole. I'd call it a possibly at best.

Thats just 4B

Holding the power of 1000 suns is Solar system level?

4A starts at 22 trillions of supernovas so yeah

Damn powerful.

The pen or the sword said:
Well the heat/power of the sun is 8-c iirc. Ignoring that...It does sorta sound like its just one character hyping up there abilities...
Nah, you misunderstood that. The dura needed to survive the surface of the sun is 8-C. The sun's light reaching Earth for a day alone is like 6-B, ditto for surviving the core of the sun (it was somewhere in Tier 6). The sun itself is just considered 4-C until it explodes. At which point it is High 4-C.

True but Archimonde has an ability that has the descriptor of like "destroy the surface of draenor" which visibly doesn't do that in combat. Again, I'd say possibly at best given their descriptions often not relating to what actually occurs for whatever stupid reason.

Mr. Bambu said:
True but Archimonde has an ability that has the descriptor of like "destroy the surface of draenor" which visibly doesn't do that in combat. Again, I'd say possibly at best given their descriptions often not relating to what actually occurs for whatever stupid reason.
Fair.

Ah, makes sense thanks for clearing that up.

Hmm, with games Im usually in favor of disregarding game feats if they don't matchup to lore, as game designers often don't bother trying to match the two. Im good with possibly if the abilites/lore don't always line up...

Dimensius the All-Devouring should be 6-A, 5-B over time.

For destroying the Etheral's home planet and was going to destroy another Planet if it wasn't for T'uure.

Dimensius is another thing. Like WoW has a lot of statements of destroying planets, especially with the demons. We could assume over time but then we just have to arbitrarily choose the drop-off point for the tier based on nothing other than "this sounds reasonable".

Dunno the answer here if we assume it isn't instant.

Just curious, what is the statement that says elemental spirits resurrect themselves on their home planet after death? I currently can't find anything that supports that.

Back