• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fixing the Lifting Strength and Range for Zelda characters

Dust_Collector

They/Them
So after the large Zelda CRT that overhauled the tiers of all the characters, we forgot to also change the lifting strength and range for them. Several characters like Demise, Vaati, and Ganon have stellar and above range from when they still had their 4-A ratings but with the removal of those feats they shouldn't have that level of range anymore, Demise is Class E scaling to the four giants even though we don't scale him to them anymore (And Class T as the imprisoned because... reasons?), so on and so forth.

Demise is an easy fix, his lifting strength for both his keys should be at least Class M, likely higher since he's way stronger than the Gohma from Wind Waker. His range should also be Tens of Kilometers since he can make a storm that spans to the horizon (Been a while since I've dabbled in Skyward Sword so if he has better range feats or statements that scale him to Hylia or something lemme know). Vaatis range should be thousands of kilometers since he can make continent sized storms, although maybe he can have planetary range since he has the same source of power as Hylia? I dunno. Ganondorf is the same deal as Vaati for range due to a identical continental storm feat, but for his lifting strength his low end should be Class T via his old scaling to the Golden Gauntlets while his high end remains Class E, or whatever the Four Giants end up being, via his current possible scaling to them (Also applies to TP Link and his inexplicably swole arms), and also obviously his Class Z via telekinesis needs to go since we don't treat his endless night as him stopping the planet anymore. Everything that applies to Ganon also applies to Yuga Ganon. Wind Fish also needs his interstellar range changed as we don't treat anything he does as above on that level anymore.

Speaking of the Four Giants, we also need to figure out what their Class E rating should actually be since we don't treat the moon that Skull Kid/Majora drops as being the weight of the actual moon so we need to do something about that. Either calc the size and mass of the moon based on scaling it to Clock Town or find a way to calc the strength they'd need to physically halt something that's being moved with enough force to raze the planets surface.

How big are we treating the Four Giants, if I have that I can calc the moon drop LS. But i need to know their height, not the moon.

No idea how big we're treating the giants, I know there's an old OBD calc that used the lore of them covering Termina in 100 steps or something to get their size but I don't know if we accept that here or not.

Given we don't accept the moon as a ******* moon, I doubt we'd accept that.

Did a rough calc, it's either really high Class Z, or very low Class Y.

It just has scaling size issues.

Welcome to literally every video game ever actually, they can't exactly model and put in a 1:1 scale 3D moon object into a N64 game, let alone one that was rushed and was mostly reused assets. And This applies to most things in Zelda, we know, for example, a lot of things are meant to be country or even continent sized, and we treat them like that because that's the intent, even if in game they aren't literally thousands of kilometers wide, because that'd be ridiculous, it's an approximation, no game ever does things like that, a prime example would be Pokemon, where the game world and various locales are tiny, but in reality they're intended to be massive, such as that one Kalous route which is like 50ft long and has a few dozen stones on it but then you find out it's stated to be like 6km long with millions, despite not appearing like that in game, because again, an approximation, expecting things to be perfectly 1:1 and even holding a consistent relation in size with the things around it is a bit much to ask from anything.

Not helping is that it has a face, possibly even before Majora did anything with it.

Yes, that's because of Majora's dark magic and twisted sense of humour, whatever humour it might have.
It didn't have a face before Majora did anything to it, this has been discussed before a handful of months back, and not only is there pictures of a normal moon in game predating his arrival implying that wasn't always the case, but some NPC's straight up allude to the fact that the Moon looking as it does now is recent, something that happened just as of late.

So I'm going to have to disagree with ya there, the moon is pretty obviously intended to be just a moon, and it having a face is more of a feat on Majora's end, opposed to it being an counter to the moon being a moon, it being shown not that big is just a common reoccurence within Zelda as a whole, if not video games as a whole, due to limitations of what can reasonably be done.

So I'm going to have to disagree with ya there, the moon is pretty obviously intended to be just a moon
I wasn't really trying to say it's not a moon, just that the game has the scaling issues and it having a face doesn't help the issue.

I don't see why it wouldn't be just a moon since Termina is a parallel world like Lyurule or however you spell it.

I'm honestly glad you agree, the fact we tossed it as not a actual moon when already accept things as approximations is a tad baffling, thankfully, it's not 100% needed and a LS can be obtained from its force, and the AP can be obtained from the destruction, but still.

I hope we can apply these developer intentions for other games cause good lord a **** ton of feats were proposed to be downgraded or already are because "well the actual size in gameplay!!!" rather than the clear intentions and lore considering them bigger

Anyway I clearly agree

high end remains Class E, or whatever the Four Giants end up being, via his current possible scaling to them (Also applies to TP Link and his inexplicably swole arms)
Actually, why would Ganon scale to the Giants? The only incarnation that theoretically would would be with the Triforce, but the other two has quite literally never interacted with them or anyone that would have interacted with them.

I dunno, I remember it being decided to list scaling to the giants as a possible high end for Triforce of Power Ganon in the revision thread a while back due to something about the TOP likely granting him as much power as they do. Memories a bit foggy on that one.

Actually, why would Ganon scale to the Giants? The only incarnation that theoretically would would be with the Triforce, but the other two has quite literally never interacted with them or anyone that would have interacted with them.
He's talking about Ganon with the ToP. Normal Ganon doesn't scale.

Oh, also, the Ravine of Demise, would we count that as like range for him?

Would get 13.27km range at the absolute minimum, 146km at the absolute highest.
I forget which end we went with for BOTW map, but it'd be between over ten km to over a 100km, an actual big discrepancy.

Yeah I don't know what size we went with for BOTW.

Actually now that I think about it, I don't believe we ever came to a conclusion of what end to use.

Don't recall, think it was dropped because we didn't actually end up needing it because we found statements for the Great Sea and Hyrule of those times instead.

But minimum low end is 13km, highest end is 146km, with varying between for the middle ends. The ravine I pixel scaled already (72px-83px), just need to know the end we'd go with for the map.

In fact this could be a decent feat depending on the end we go with, might work as support for 6-C.

May as well bump this.

So we've got the breach of demise stuff that can get good results for range depending on how large we decide to treat the BOTW map, we've also got arguments for us to stop treating the moon in MM as smaller than an actual moon. Former would be easy, think we're gonna need more support for the latter given how long we've decided to treat the moon so differently.

Those two can be in another CRT if you want this to be focused on just the lifting strength revisions.

Well, at the very least, treating the moon as an actual moon doesn't effect anything.
The AP wouldn't be changed, and the LS can be obtained by taking the force of the moon's energy, taking how long it takes the giants to halt it over the distance of which they took to do so (their arms get pushed down a bit before it stops, calced that gap and used that as the distance), and then just run the newtons and shit to get LS.
It's way more complicated than going "moon is moon" though.
It being an actual moon would give Skull Kid good AOE/Range on his transmutation tho.

Forgot about this, should probably get the ball rolling again and get these issues fixed.

Sooner this is done the sooner I can make another large scale CRT to make everyone tier 9/8

I can agree with the changes, as long as the Giant scaling is limited to a possibly rating for the Triforce key.

Guess we still need to decide on how big we treat the size of Hyrule in BOTW since it'd make Demises range anywhere from over ten to over a hundred km.

Didn't Demise just burst out of the ground? Wouldn't that just be an AP thing rather than a range thing.

Huh, completely forgot about this.

Should try getting this and the speed crt wrapped up instead of leaving them both dead for months at a time.

Alright, so I think everyone was good with removing the Class Z via TK stuff.

The only issue is with the Giant's rating. I'm not sure how they're at Class E since the Moon's mass (7.3e+22 kg) divided by 4 is still Class Z.

So with that
  • Majora -> Class Z -> Moved moon
  • Giants / Giant Link / FD Link / ToP Ganon -> 1/4th of Moon weight
If you're good with that Dust I think the updates can be applied.

Back