• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Is there any evidence on how the temperature would drop in 20+ meters once he activate his ability?
Literally basic science?
Because from what I am seeing there is nothing that suggest that Ghiaccio's main ability of freezing his immediate vicinity would make Mustang unable to ignite the air in a 20+ distance given there is no indication of how much the temperature would drop at such a distance,
Literally basic physics? Which, Jojo acknowledges? Some of which in that very fight.
plus what he did in the video and the scan in which he covered a larger distance wouldn't prevent Mustang to snap his fingers (the other character that is hit by the ice have his arms completely free, which would make Mustang able to snap his fingers, plus the ice needed to travel to him, which would give Roy the time to snap his fingers while the ice is going towards him).
The example was to show range. He wasnt using his high end stuff, and that was after that dude already lost his fingers. Which btw, he can make it so cold people cant move their fingers and they snap off.
Mustang is also able to manipulate and alter the concentration of the oxygen in the air to create the ignition, so to me the only way that it would actually prevent him from doing that would be to basically freeze any oxygen in the air up to 20+ meters.
Which, he can do? And also no. Being able to manipulate it, doesnt mean he can instantly heat it up from say, -100 to ignition temps.
And regarding the part about trains and such, that would give him a higher range than a vague "Several meters", so that should be added to the profile before it can be properly discussed, at least to me.
Part 5 outdated as shit, the scan is on the profile anyway. Hell isnt it his profile quote actually?
Any way, I said what I wanted to say, so I wont continue this discussion further. My vote remain to Mustang since what I have seen doesn't really convince me that Ghiaccio could pull it off, but you are free to disagree with me obviously.
Basic science dude, this isnt up for debate. It's the same shit as why Avdol's flames will make it 80 degrees like 10 meters away from his actual flames.

If Ghiaccio drops everything in a 20m radius of him to -210c, you can bet your ass it's going to be so cold shit like ignition wont work say, 25m or 30m.
That doesnt even have anything to do with his actual AOE, thats just actual physics interplaying with his ability much like Avdol's.
Itd only need to be 1/4th as cold to outright nullify it as well, and even subzero would begin to dwindle it.

Any way, I said what I wanted to say, so I wont continue this discussion further. My vote remain to Mustang since what I have seen doesn't really convince me that Ghiaccio could pull it off, but you are free to disagree with me obviously.
Again, even if Mustang's range is higher, it doesn't change the fact that any kind of ignition couldn't happen around him. It's still so cold that if an ignition were to occur outside of white album's range, it wouldn't travel inside of the stands range due to the same drop in temperature. Plus, Roy's usual tactic is creating explosions on top of people, which would be impossible. at those temperatures. Arguing that White Album's range is too short doesn't work, since Roy still needs to make an explosion near or on Ghiaccio (which he can't).

Doing a lil math involving temperature gradients at room temp.

White Album's AOE would only need to be 4m to make ignition impossible or drastically mitigated at about 25m.

Literally basic science?

Literally basic physics? Which, Jojo acknowledges? Some of which in that very fight.

The example was to show range. He wasnt using his high end stuff, and that was after that dude already lost his fingers. Which btw, he can make it so cold people cant move their fingers and they snap off.

Which, he can do? And also no. Being able to manipulate it, doesnt mean he can instantly heat it up from say, -100 to ignition temps.

Part 5 outdated as shit, the scan is on the profile anyway. Hell isnt it his profile quote actually?

Basic science dude, this isnt up for debate. It's the same shit as why Avdol's flames will make it 80 degrees like 10 meters away from his actual flames.

If Ghiaccio drops everything in a 20m radius of him to -210c, you can bet your ass it's going to be so cold shit like ignition wont work say, 25m or 30m.
That doesnt even have anything to do with his actual AOE, thats just actual physics interplaying with his ability much like Avdol's.
Itd only need to be 1/4th as cold to outright nullify it as well, and even subzero would begin to dwindle it.
Aaaand here we go! Classic, in this wiki it's impossible to have a civil debate without it ending up in a flame... I am so tired of this, why did I even comment on this...

Doing a lil math involving temperature gradients at room temp.

White Album's AOE would only need to be 4m to make ignition impossible or drastically mitigated at about 25m.
And once again, this is assuming the lowest possible end for range of JUST 20+, which as I have specified several times is the absolute lowest possible end which is just to have a debate about this. Envy is 13-14 meter TALL. He is longer than he is taller, yet the room is four times longer than him. And the flames didn't even go straight from one side to the room to the other, but they bent and curved to cover more ground, a flame beam that went straight would have covered far more ground than that. So 20+ is the BARE MINIMUM range of Roy's flame, but it doesn't take much to assume that it is far more than that, towards the 50+, but it is FAR more than even that.
But why am I even wasting time if people can't have a civil conversation. Screw this match, I am out, I will just unfollow to avoid being irked again by arrogant comments.

Aaaand here we go! Classic, in this wiki it's impossible to have a civil debate without it ending up in a flame... I am so tired of this, why did I even comment on this...
Idk, why are you taking it personally?
Nobody said anything that should warrant you acting like this.

And once again, this is assuming the lowest possible end for range of JUST 20+,
Yeah, i looked at the panels?
which as I have specified several times is the absolute lowest possible end which is just to have a debate about this. Envy is 13-14 meter TALL. He is longer than he is taller, yet the room is four times longer than him.
Radius+temperature gradients.
And the flames didn't even go straight from one side to the room to the other, but they bent and curved to cover more ground, a flame beam that went straight would have covered far more ground than that.
Literally not a factor because of the temperature.

The lower it goes, the weaker it is.

Youre acting like Roy has huge **** off range here, even being generous to him and lowballing White Album, it'd be substantially weakened by several times.
So 20+ is the BARE MINIMUM range of Roy's flame,
In normal 20c yes.
but it doesn't take much to assume that it is far more than that, towards the 50+, but it is FAR more than even that.
As above. 4m White Album invalidates combustion within a 25m radius.

Here's the thing tho, it isnt 4m, it's at least triple that, the fact it's a constant temperature too means the cold source wouldnt increase as well, making it effectively a cold sink.
But why am I even wasting time if people can't have a civil conversation. Screw this match, I am out, I will just unfollow to avoid being irked again by arrogant comments.
Literally ain't that serious. Youre getting mad at funny match because I said physics says youre wrong?
Unfortunate, but it's the case, the fact Jojo acknowledges these physics, makes it non-debatable.

Roy would need to be about 97m away from Ghiaccio based solely on his pre-gently weeps temperatures for the temperature around him to be relatively unaffected.

Back