• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heat resistance
What the hell does heat resistance have to do with redirecting physical attacks?
I feel like you are trolling, because on Ace's profile, it doesn't say that the reason he got hit by magma was because magma is superior to fire. It said that he could hit him because smothers his flame, which Orochi can do.
He did not get killed because his magma has superior heat, he got killed because Akainu's magma has the ability to burn fire, like Amaterasu from Naruto which can burn flames. It's not a weakness for Ace, it's a plus for Akainu.
Devil Fruits have superiorities and weaknesses to other devil fruits. Monet (snow) is weak to Aokiji (ice) because his fruit has superiority, it doesn't mean that anything cold hurts her, it's just that it's her weakness.

Oda says this

Which is not talking about how Ace is "weak" to magma, it just means that he's weak to Akainu's fruit.
Also, it says magma smothers out his fire. It does not say "anything which can smother fire will handle Ace".
So you think that Orochi is just going to stand there and not close the distance?
So you think Ace is just going to stand there and let him close the distance?
You are definitely trolling. Orochi's flames are 1 megaton, while Ace's are 1.03 megatons. I have no Idea what you mean by not comparable.
This outlines your ignorance to how we treat heat.

#1 They're in gigatons not megatons.
#2 Nobody is referring to AP, we treat heat and cold resistance by temperature.

What the hell does heat resistance have to do with redirecting physical attacks?
I scrapped that and said that either way, he has heat resistance.
Also, it says magma smothers out his fire. It does not say "anything which can smother fire will handle Ace".
It says that the reason it can his him is because it can smother fire, you are either acting dumb, or have no idea what you are talking about. That's like saying Aokiji can be hit by Ace because he can met Ice, but then saying Akainu can't because it didn't say anything that melts Ice can hit Aokiji. You realize how dumb that sound?
So you think Ace is just going to stand there and let him close the distance?
Almost all of Ace's attacks makes him stand still. Orochi is the type of person to overwhelm his opponent at the start. Ace has no wincon against Orochi, while Orochi does.
This outlines your ignorance to how we treat heat.

#1 They're in gigatons not megatons.
#2 Nobody is referring to AP, we treat heat and cold resistance by temperature.
#1 I edited my message before you even wrote your reply because I made a mistake. It's not ignorane it was a mistype smh
#2 Heat is energy, and on this website we put energy in tiers of joules and Tons. If someone's flames have at least 1 megaton and the other person has 1.03, they are comparable, if anything, you are the ignorant one.

I scrapped that and said that either way, he has heat resistance.
How good is his heat resistance?
It says that the reason it can his him is because it can smother fire, you are either acting dumb, or have no idea what you are talking about. That's like saying Aokiji can be hit by Ace because he can met Ice, but then saying Akainu can't because it didn't say anything that melts Ice can hit Aokiji. You realize how dumb that sound?
You do realize that we have feats of Akainu burning and melting Aokiji's ice correct?
This is one of the worst false equivalences I've ever seen.

You're comparing ice melting to fire getting smothered by magma in a verse where it's explained that one devil fruit has a superiority aspect to the other.
Almost all of Ace's attacks makes him stand still. Orochi is the type of person to overwhelm his opponent at the start. Ace has no wincon against Orochi, while Orochi does.
None of his attacks make him stand still, that's full on BS.

Orochi has no counter to Ace's fire.
Orochi has no way to harm Ace.

You've consistently ignored the justifications and explanations. Enough.
#1 I edited my message before you even wrote your reply because I made a mistake. It's not ignorane it was a mistype smh
#2 Heat is energy, and on this website we put energy in tiers of joules and Tons. If someone's flames have at least 1 megaton and the other person has 1.03, they are comparable, if anything, you are the ignorant one.
This is not how we work at all on this wiki.

It's funny that you're calling me ignorant with no support.
With your logic, everyone should get heat resistance if they scale above someone with fire.

There can be 7-A characters with steel vap temperatures and 6-A characters who can't burn paper.
We do not work like that on this website when it comes to heat.

Orochi has no counter to Ace's fire.
Orochi has no way to harm Ace.
Orochi has heat resistance enough to withstand his own heat, which has energy that is least 1 gigaton.
Smothering his flames. If Ace's weakness was magma, why isn't it in his profile? It clearly says he was hit because the magma smothered his flames. It didn't say Magma is superior. Orochi can tank Ace's fire attacks, and can hurt Ace, while ace LITERALLY has no wincons.

Orochi can tank Ace's fire attacks, and can hurt Ace, while ace LITERALLY has no wincons.
I doubt Orochi has fire hotter than ace.

How can orochi even hit ace.

Ace literally stomps the arguments you are making have 0 sense with no evidence or justification behind it.

King took the words right out from my mouth. I initially wanted to clear up the Ace vs Akainu misconception and why Orochi can't bypass Ace's logia intangibility & Regen.

Gotta go fast, huh.

Smothering his flames. If Ace's weakness was magma, why isn't it in his profile? It clearly says he was hit because the magma smothered his flames. It didn't say Magma is superior. Orochi can tank Ace's fire attacks, and can hurt Ace, while ace LITERALLY has no wincons.
Calm down Kachon. If you really that bothered about Ace's page just
create a CTR and "fix it"

Please learn that heat resistance and AP are treated differently on this wiki.

We work via temperature for resistances, which Orochi is outclassed.

Closing thread, this is a stomp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back