• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, Orochi's energy blast could shroud Ace's body in energy. The question would be if it would be hot enough to negate his intangibility.

I'll wait for others input.

Interesting, Orochi's energy blast could shroud Ace's body in energy. The question would be if it would be hot enough to negate his intangibility.

I'll wait for others input.
It is ambiguous to say, Orochi's heat could melt the surrounding rocks however Ace stopped an entire island from snowing with his heat.

Ace got killed by Akainu since his magma had larger heat then Ace's flames and since heat = energy (joules) and Orochi is practically equal to Ace, his flames should effect him in some sort of way.

Ace got killed by Akainu since his magma had larger heat then Ace's flames and since heat = energy (joules) and Orochi is practically equal to Ace, his flames should effect him in some sort of way.
Because akainu used haki which hits ace's true body... Which gets burned... You can't burn fire... Otherwise crocodile's sand should get completely burned to dust...

He did not get killed because his magma has superior heat, he got killed because Akainu's magma has the ability to burn fire, like Amaterasu from Naruto which can burn flames. It's not a weakness for Ace, it's a plus for Akainu.
Devil Fruits have superiorities and weaknesses to other devil fruits. Monet (snow) is weak to Aokiji (ice) because his fruit has superiority, it doesn't mean that anything cold hurts her, it's just that it's her weakness.

Oda says this
D: About the powers from the Dressrosa Arc that Doflamingo's officers have... are they pretty much just improved versions of the abilities that the Baroque Works members had (so like Ton Ton → Kiro Kiro, Beta Beta → Doru Doru, Buki Buki → Supa Supa, and Pamu Pamu → Bomu Bomu)? from TaokaS43

O: It's true that "superior" devil fruit abilities are a thing, but as of now, it's pretty much just these four pairs.

700.png

(Ton Ton > Kiro Kiro, Hie Hie > Yuki Yuki, Magu Magu > Mera Mera, Buki Buki > Supa Supa)

Though there are other fruit pairs out there that might make you wonder don't they pretty much do the same thing?, these abilities tend to be headed in different directions in terms of how they actually work or what they can do. Also, a superior ability does not necessarily equate to the character's strength. No ability alone guarantees victory in combat.
Which is not talking about how Ace is "weak" to magma, it just means that he's weak to Akainu's fruit.
He can literally bury Ace in energy blasts and having a body made of plasma (since fire's state of matter is plasma) can still be harmed by other plasma like attacks.
This is incorrect.

Enel is pure lightning, and he phased through the burn blade which works exactly the same as the blast bazooka (via them both using a breath dial, a tool which pumps out gas) which works by igniting the gas produced in a breath dial, creating plasma, which didn't work on Enel.

Ace has fire absorption, he's not getting burned.
Ace can stand in close proximity to Akainu who can instantly vaporize steel. Ace isn't getting burned.

Orochi's regen is via absorption? That sucks. Ace burns him and there's nothing he can do about it.
He also casually outranges.

I vote Ace

I'll see if I can get the thoughts of OPM supporters on this one, I'm guessing monkey votes Ace.

Also I'll set this match up in the Monster association so that Orochi's regeneration is actually viable.

Are energies not equalized here? If not then how was Orochi even supposed to fight Ace?
I thought that Ace could be damaged if he was hit by potent enough substances similar to his own, plasma Vs plasma but it turns out I may have misinterpreted Ace being hurt by substances like Akainu's magma is simply his fruit being above Ace's and him using haki (I always thought he didn't need it but ig I thought wrong).

Idk what equalising energy is all about, could you explain how it works?

Well it's like how naruto characters have internal Chakra networks but other characters don't outside of the series. Equalizing energy would mean ability that would only work in verse would work outside as well. Genjutsu for example.

He needs either
A. Magma
B. Water
C. A way to negate intangibility
D. A wincon that doesn't require AP, maybe sealing or absorption

Well it's like how naruto characters have internal Chakra networks but other characters don't outside of the series. Equalizing energy would mean ability that would only work in verse would work outside as well. Genjutsu for example.
What is there to equalise for Oroch? he has nothing similar to haki so we'd just be giving him haki to beat Ace

• Regarding versus match-ups: For cross-verse matchup battles, logia Devil Fruit users are susceptible to attacks that are capable of catching them off guard, bypassing their regeneration, countering their elemental intangibility (ex: fire melting ice) or directly attacking the soul. Verse equalization does not grant an opponent from another verse the ability to utilize haki against a logia user. It was discussed here.

Orochi only has energy beams, fire beams and electricity that projects from the energy beams so he has no elemental advantage, due to the environment Orochi could probably regenerate a small part of his body using the monsters in the MA and then try sneak attacking Ace if he realises he can't win head on. He seems smart enough to do that considering his intelligence states he was a fighting genius.

He did manage surprise attack Tatsumaki in a similar way who has extrasensory perception over a 1km distance while he was still in his amorphous state (the state he appears in once he begins to regenerate).

Idk if this is a viable wincon though.

• Regarding versus match-ups: For cross-verse matchup battles, logia Devil Fruit users are susceptible to attacks that are capable of catching them off guard, bypassing their regeneration, countering their elemental intangibility (ex: fire melting ice) or directly attacking the soul. Verse equalization does not grant an opponent from another verse the ability to utilize haki against a logia user. It was discussed here.
So smothering the flames with an energy blast would be valid then?

Also, you can't use Ace's regen as an argument because he wasn't able to do so after becoming a Donut.
You mean when he got hit by his weakness which negates his fruit and burned his hand?
What is there to regen from? Orochi also shoots giant lightning beams. mid-high regen isn't going to do anything because there is nothing to heal from.
Did you not read above how anything he does won't hurt Ace?
Lightning's not hurting Ace.

Orochi has attack reflection with WSRSF, he has absorption, so Ace can't even get close, he can shoot giant beams to instantly KO Ace, he has Regen, as well as heat resistance.

You mean when he got hit by his weakness which negates his fruit and burned his hand?
The reason of Ace's weakness was because his flames got smothered. If he died from a punch through his chest via smothering, why wont a beam that will smother Ace that is at least 10x the size of him, (which Orochi can spam btw) kill him?

Orochi has attack reflection with WSRSF, he has absorption, so Ace can't even get close, he can shoot giant beams to instantly KO Ace, he has Regen, as well as heat resistance.
WDRSF is meant to redirect force from physical attacks, not fire.
He can only absorb organisms via contact and he has no feats of absorbing fire. Ace is known for fighting via distance.
I already explained why the beams won't hurt Ace above.
His regeneration is via absorption. There is no one around him to absorb.
His heat resistance has no feats comparable to Ace's heat.

The reason of Ace's weakness was because his flames got smothered. If he died from a punch through his chest via smothering, why wont a beam at least 10x the size of Ace, (which Orochi can spam btw) kill him?
Because that attack can not hurt Ace, and the attack is Ace's weakness because in the Devil Fruit world, Magma is superior to fire, which allowed him to get harmed.

Read the above arguments.

WDRSF is meant to redirect force from physical attacks, not fire.
Heat resistance
I already explained why the beams won't hurt Ace above.
Because that attack can not hurt Ace, and the attack is Ace's weakness because in the Devil Fruit world, Magma is superior to fire, which allowed him to get harmed.
I feel like you are trolling, because on Ace's profile, it doesn't say that the reason he got hit by magma was because magma is superior to fire. It said that he could hit him because smothers his flame, which Orochi can do.
He can only absorb organisms via contact and he has no feats of absorbing fire. Ace is known for fighting via distance.
So you think that Orochi is just going to stand there and not close the distance?
His heat resistance has no feats comparable to Ace's heat.
You are definitely trolling. Orochi's flames are 1 gigaton, while Ace's are 1.03 gigatons. I have no Idea what you mean by not comparable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back