• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem Discussion thread: New Forum, New Mystery of the Emblem

Maybe it's just me but I always interpreted it as him preempting Lucina's arrival in specific which is why he lost his powers and him being able to do what Naga and Anankos can seemed plausible on top of the Future Past stuff which made me think he could do that, Though as a random loose tertiary peace of media I remember in Project X Zone2 he would create Space Time Portals like Naga's throughout the game to send Risen but i'll admit that source probably can't support the canon whatsoever but I remember thinking it was interesting when I played it

Last edited:
I'll also add add Donnel to the revisions, no way my boy has abilities like Ignis, Rally Spetrum, Rightfull King and Anathema in his profiles even with differents classes.

Yea I think someone just copied pasted the Morgan Profile skills on that one, Oh yea while we're redoing skills on profiles I've been meaning to ask if Counter should be Damage Transferal not Attack Reflection since it doesn't send attacks back it's makes enemies receive the damage you took without going through their defenses

Last edited:
Yea I think someone just copied pasted the Morgan Profile skills on that one, Oh yea while we're redoing skills on profiles I've been meaning to ask if Counter should be Damage Transferal not Attack Reflection since it doesn't send attacks back it's makes enemies receive the damage you took without going through their defenses
Yep, it should be Damage Transferal

I've been wondering are the critical hit considered canon ? Some profiles features them, other don't.

And should we gives a form of Dimensional storage to the characters (except for Gaiden/Echoes char who can sadly only carry one weapon.) .

Personally I think Engage might gives some credence to having a small Dimensional Storage or the least just the Mages since we see them directly summon and send away their weapons

Last edited:
Wonder if any other entries could be upgraded to SoL speeds based on the fact that magic is based off of harnessing the energies present in nature, which would imply light attacks are composed of light.

Of course, I’d imagine some light attacks would violate some standards, but some of them are also just depicted as beams, or bright flashes of light that characters can dodge.

Wonder if any other entries could be upgraded to SoL speeds based on the fact that magic is based off of harnessing the energies present in nature, which would imply light attacks are composed of light.

Of course, I’d imagine some light attacks would violate some standards, but some of them are also just depicted as beams, or bright flashes of light that characters can dodge.
Maybe fe 6/7 with the Aureola.
And perhaps por/rd

I would like to see that some day, but I do not think they meet criteria yet at least. But i will say Starlight and Aureola are so far the examples that are closest to reaching legit standards.

I would like to see that some day, but I do not think they meet criteria yet at least. But i will say Starlight and Aureola are so far the examples that are closest to reaching legit standards.
Think Nosferatu from Three Houses, Shine, and Lightning all either meet, or are pretty close to meeting the standards (or at least, don't violate them). Nosferatu just appears to be a flash of light in an area, Shine appears as rays of light on the map, and in Engage, also illuminates spaces, and Lightning in Genealogy appears as an omnidirectional bright flash of light

Yea they do, The shield itself much like the Falchion was forged out of Naga's fang and Tiki say's in Awakening when you first meet her that each of the sphere's hold a portions of Naga's power which is why when you have all of them they can be used to perform an awakening granting someone power equal to hers.

Shouldn't Leif scale via the Bragi Sword? It's stated to be a holy weapon, and with it, he can fight Raydrik with the Loptous Sword, which is apparently stronger than Forseti according to Ced.
Scaling to the Bragi Sword's power makes sense, it would also apply to Nanna, Fergus and Diarmuid
I have a question however
From what I remember, Earth Dragons canonically reduce the attacking power of a foe to half, which is why in Mystery, Genealogy and Thracia you only attack with half of your power against them

I know that this was changed in the DS remakes, but neither Genealogy nor Thracia have been remade. Wouldn't that mean that the reason why most weapons (even Crusader weapons) can't get past Medeus and Loptyr (and by consequence, the Loptous Sword) is because they fight with reduced might? I can see the scaling for Medeus and Loptyr, since they should be comparable to Naga, but it's probably a bit suspicious with the Loptous Sword

Smaller than I thought but I'm finally done with the revision. I may do a part 2 later to revise further things like intelligence rating and the rest of the cast.

Rewriting Ephraim’s intelligence section, and I’m realizing his skill is kinda bonkers. In Eirika’s route, before recruiting Duessel, he was already soloing Grado all by himself, and the two of them together just… ended the war. There’s also the fact that he can match of Grado’s generals, each of whom is stated to be capable of soloing Eirika’s army by Seth.

Yeah, Ephraim is pretty up there as a contender for smartest FE Lord in terms of being a military commander.

Speaking of speed, characters from Awakening and Fates could probably get Rel+ speed when guarding/via perception manipulation, since all attacks, including lightning, appears frozen. Its not just a gameplay thing, since it also happens in cutscenes.

I've thought about that system before but i had assumed it was part of the amp for being paired up, In Fates you have to build meter for it. But if it is viable i also always thought about if those Outrealm version of characters from Spotpass that wander the map could be used to basically scale that speed to anyone since they can all technically do it

Speaking of speed, characters from Awakening and Fates could probably get Rel+ speed when guarding/via perception manipulation, since all attacks, including lightning, appears frozen. Its not just a gameplay thing, since it also happens in cutscenes.
That would pretty much effect everyone from Marth's timeline, but I'd say it's similar to Flurry Rush in the BotW era LoZ titles.

I agree that it likely shouldn't be a general rating, but I do think it might require an ally, Isn't Xander besides Corrin in that scene? The amp applies even just being beside each other with Dual Support & Tag Team. It was said by Robin in Awakening's Prologue that just having an ally with you increases your Attack, Defense and Speed, I've seen this perception slowdown happen a few times in the story like Lucina saving Chrom but I don't think there's ever been a showing when someone was completely on their own. Personally, i view it as Empowerment when with allies.

Finally found the source of that Quintessence scan from Kaga, it's from Fire Emblem: Treasure, which is an FE4 artbook.

Here's another rough translation:
Now, Claude, who we just talked about, speaks the word "Aegir" in front of the Tower of Bragi. What does "Aegir" mean to you, Kaga-san?

It is the destiny that humans should have. The image is that the person who is revived using the Valkyrie's staff is not someone who should have died there, but someone who should have been saved. That is why they are revived. There are times when you are saved by a thin line, right? That thin line was at that time, and it was someone who should have lived by fate. On the other hand, Levin, who I mentioned earlier, was someone who should have died. In other words, you could say that he is a person who cannot be saved by the Valkyrie's staff. In that sense, Aegir to me is the destiny that a person has. Rather than life force, it is the power that a person should have. I use it to mean the power that can affect the world.

FE could honestly probably become 1-A via arguing that Quintessence is a metaphysical amp that allowed characters to become 1-A

FE could honestly probably become 1-A via arguing that Quintessence is a metaphysical amp that allowed characters to become 1-A
I barely know anything about 1-A but it seem a bit outlier-y / a really huge jump in tier especially since it would scale to mainline games other than engage and heroes.

I barely know anything about 1-A but it seem a bit outlier-y / a really huge jump in tier especially since it would scale to mainline games other than engage and heroes.
1-A wouldn’t apply to anyone outside of Heroes/Engage. Quintessence isn’t inherently 1-A by itself, it’s more so like innate metaphysical potential that everyone has that would allow them to become 1-A.

So would it possibly help better justify why Heroes deserves to be its own key without backscaling to the games as we know them?

Heroes being canon but not changing, say, Chrom's Awakening keys we already have?

Maybe, but I really just bring it up because the only thing stopping FEH from becoming 1-A via the Realm of Dreams/Nine Realms is the whole "lower reality can't interact with higher reality".

and I don't think this wiki is ready for 1-A Batta the Beast

Right, the standards for Tier 1 aren't always the easiest for me, but I kinda get what you mean. Still, the entire concept might better wrap together how we structure the profiles in the future once we're done with the waves of revisions. Just speculating on what Fire Emblem's pages might end up looking like taking all this into account, exact stats being left to people who can better structure evidence and reasoning than me.

Right, the standards for Tier 1 aren't always the easiest for me, but I kinda get what you mean. Still, the entire concept might better wrap together how we structure the profiles in the future once we're done with the waves of revisions. Just speculating on what Fire Emblem's pages might end up looking like taking all this into account, exact stats being left to people who can better structure evidence and reasoning than me.
Something like this probably

The fact nearly every Fire Emblem profile will eventually get the Tier 1 page lock is gonna be weird...

Back