• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem Discussion thread: New Forum, New Mystery of the Emblem

Technically there’s also Kiran, but that’s only because Magic straight up doesn’t exist in the World of Steel
Kiran can wield the greatest magic tome though:

The Steel Tome.

uXBcA2w__400x400.jpg

Yes I know it's Robin, but the power of gun still stands.

Also, apparently the Emblems used to be the original Heroes, at least according to Emblem Veronica and Chrom, since they both say that they “became” Emblems.
Do you have the statements for this? Sounds interesting
Was honestly surprised nobody on the wiki calc'd it beforehand. Any reasonable end would've been a buff for the current profiles, so pretty sick
I have some other calc's cooking up a bit, but when I post them I'm not sure of

FantaRin was going to do it but they had a hard time justifying it and they needed help. Then the thread went silent and i think they've taken a break now , Kind of didn't know where we went from there

Last edited:
By the way, have we decided on whether or not Blight Garon and Fallen Takumi scale? If they don't, I finished the revisions

Last edited:
Nice to see the 4-A ratings finally applied, now we just need to upgrade the 7-C's to 7-B.

Yes, but this also means Marth's timeline is the strongest FE Universe excluding Engage and Heroes and various spinoffs.

Technically, Tellius, and maybe Elibe would be above Marth's timeline because of statements. Also, if the Zahras feat from Three Hopes is legit, then Three Houses will be Low 2-C

Technically, Tellius, and maybe Elibe would be above Marth's timeline because of statements. Also, if the Zahras feat from Three Hopes is legit, then Three Houses will be Low 2-C
Oh yeah, Hereos still says Ike is the strongest Lord, and Ike also still upscales from Priam who upscales from Chrom.

Though Engage also seems to consider Marth the strongest Emblem going off Alear's statement.

Oh yeah, Hereos still says Ike is the strongest Lord, and Ike also still upscales from Priam who upscales from Chrom.

Though Engage also seems to consider Marth the strongest Emblem going off Alear's statement.
Actually, that’s from Marth’s B Conversation, which happens within the first 10 chapters (ie, before Alear met Ike, Byleth, etc). So Alear would only be able to judge Marth’s strength based on characters that appear within the first 10 chapters

It is possible to not see the B conversation before any of that and to get that B conversation later upon getting A Bond conversations with those others.

It is possible to not see the B conversation before any of that and to get that B conversation later upon getting A Bond conversations with those others.
It is possible, but at the same time, it’s unlocked early in the game, and the statement itself seems off-handed. Whereas Emblems like Ike are considered to be among the strongest, which has been stated numerous times, to the point where it has become basically common knowledge.

Well, I heard people describing him has having "The biggest muscles they ever seen" and him being an excellent fighter. And Soren also describes him as "The one person who doesn't need to prove himself" as he was afraid to fight against Ike. But at the same time, Marth is also considered amongst the strongest by people like Lucina.
And it is Marth and Alear who canonically deal the final blow to King Sombron

Though, on the 20th or about 11 days from now, we don't need to put things in spoiler tags anymore.

I mean

Alear is canonically more emotionally attached to Marth than any other Emblem in the entire game, to the point where Veyle makes it a point to use Marth personally just to hurt Alear, I don't think Alear's canonical favoritism for Marth necessarily puts him above the rest

He still is the closest character in the game to being "Final Boss" status. So Engage does overall portray him as being special even compared to other Emblems period. And the lore does say Emblems are at their strongest wended their bond to their wielders are strongest so that comes off as becoming the strongest via that though.

But anyway, I don't want to advocate him being the strongest lord in the series via that as there are still consistent Ike/Prima related feats and statements. But I do think excluding Heroes and Engage, he should roughly be top 3 in canon at least for their respective games; Ike and Byleth also being strong contenders with Ike overall being the strongest. It's also consistent with Marth and his bloodline having the strongest of the 13 Holy Bloods (Or tied for strongest if Loptous is included and maybe excludes other Dark Dragons Bloods) and using the strongest Holy Blood weapon (Or identical to the Naga tome which was the strongest in FE4).

Sure, but it is still overall consistent for Marth to be the strongest within his own timeline. Holy Blood scaling is still an overall good point. Alm also uses a Falchion, but it can be argued his is more for Duma's rather than Naga's who is weaker but not overwhelmingly so than Naga. Chrom and Lucina on the other hand are more or less comparable to Marth, but most crossovers portray Marth as being the top overall. Each one also used the Binding Shield is another plus.

I do agree Byleth is like consistently the top of the game for Three Houses.

In Roy's case, he pretty much is the weakest Lord overall at least in his natural form and it's stated he is only strong because of his Binding Blade. Which he is the strongest in FE6/7 due to that, but without the Divine Weapons, Hector is easily the strongest of that continuity. Eliwood has even complimented saying that if they sparred again, then Hector would be getting more wins despite it used to be Eliwood who won their sparring matches via skill but the power gap is to great to ignore now. And Hector is the only one of the three who Karel considered an equal when he considered Lyn and Eliwood both weak.

Ephraim and Eirika honestly do come from the FE game with the weakest feats. And while the former is stronger, the latter isn't too far behind.

Ike is Ike, so he is top of his own game.

Though, in terms of being the smartest FE lords, I'd say Ephraim, Robin, Byleth, and Claude take those categories.

If we're only including lords, yeah Marth would be at the top, or at least tied with Chrom/FP!Lucina in his timeline.

Byleth is definitely the top lord, but Shez comes close.

I'm assuming you meant the otherway around, since Eirika considers Ephraim to be above her.

Alfonse would also definitely be one of the smartest lords in the series. Though, in terms of skill, I'd say it would come down to either Ike, Byleth, or Alear.

I'm assuming you meant the otherway around, since Eirika considers Ephraim to be above her.
I listed Ephraim's name first and said former, so I did specifically say Ephraim is the stronger of the two, and is the one who taught Eirika how to fight with a sword in general.
Alfonse would also definitely be one of the smartest lords in the series. Though, in terms of skill, I'd say it would come down to either Ike, Byleth, or Alear.
I was focused more so on leadership inteligence and being a tactician. I'm not that knowledgeable on Heroes and Engage was also a bit recent to the point where it was harder to judge. But in terms of being a skilled martial artist/weapon master, Ike and Byleth for sure are quite top game.

I listed Ephraim's name first and said former, so I did specifically say Ephraim is the stronger of the two, and is the one who taught Eirika how to fight with a sword in general.
oop, misread it then
I was focused more so on leadership inteligence and being a tactician. I'm not that knowledgeable on Heroes and Engage was also a bit recent to the point where it was harder to judge. But in terms of being a skilled martial artist/weapon master, Ike and Byleth for sure are quite top game.
Yea Alfonse possesses some of the best feats in that regard.

Found an interesting quote for the Holy Weapons/Falchion:
Q: How do the Holy Weapons work?

A: The dragon tribe has the ability to transfer their power and will into dragon stones (what humans refer to as orbs). The Falchion from Mystery of the Emblem and powerful magic like Aura, as well as the orbs on the 13 Holy Weapons of Jugdral, are all dragon stones. Humans can obtain tremendous strength from these dragon stones, but they are also in danger of losing their own will. Usually, only those who have formed blood pacts with the dragon tribe can use the power of the dragon stones, but there are exceptions if the seal on the orb has been broken.

Back