• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem Discussion thread: New Forum, New Mystery of the Emblem

Don’t agree with a looot of things in this wiki when it comes to fire emblem scaling, but the 4-A Anankos feat was one I definitely wanted to go through.

So, uh

It took me too long to realize I could just dump everyone's inventory in the Fell Xenologue in order to better manage the units I bring in/have a convoy for the DLC units

I've been thinking about Engage scaling for a bit. I think for Engage characters, the majority of the cast will be "At most Low 1-C", at the very most. Reason I say this is that even though Alear canonically can fight the Emblems, they are still typically depicted as being far above the cast. Like with Ivy stating that their 5 Emblems to the enemy's 7 Emblems, they are at a clear disadvantage, and Alfred stating that they aren't in any state to be on the offensive. And in the DLC, each country needs their respective Emblems to be on an even playing field with the other countries. Also they canonically need the Emblems to be in any state to challenge Sombron

Last edited:
Yeah, most characters are clearly considered much weaker than Emblems, end game Alear is Low 1-C outright for sure given the death and ressurection and in DLC she fights the corrupted Emblems without using them herself. They are used in gameplay, but the narrative implies she was alone with no Emblems.

Also, just watched Rafal and Ike’s bond conversation, and Ike is once again stated to be the strongest Emblem. IS really likes shoving that down our throats huh

That shouldn't apply to him anymore, since he isn't a Great Fell Dragon when recruited into the main game and has been dumping his life force like Lumera, which also weakened her to the point of being oneshot by Veyle

Rafal states that the Dragon Stone given to them by the Emblems hasn't reduced in potency, even after being split into four pieces. I guess the developers didn't want a playable Final Boss

He still is portrayed as being weaker and doesn't have the Great Fell Dragon form, so him being stronger than the combined might of the 7 Emblem bracelets in his humanoid form sounds iffy. And he was considered comparable to Sombron despite this being an incident that happens before the death and resurrections of Alear.

Aren't emblems amped or buffed in relation to the bond with their ring bearer ? The Paralogues and bond conversations is to grow your bond with them, thus increasing your power when you use them. So wouldn't they be weaker when they're fighting solo in these Paralogue or when Traning as a opposed to when they're being used by someone? When they're in the Somniel their rings automatically go to the Ring Chamber and nobody can wear their Rings in the Paralogue, so it might be possible the Emblems are only above the cast when being used by someone directly.

Last edited:
Eh, I doubt Rafal is that comparable to Sombron, since he was still defeated by the party well before Alear became an Emblem. Whereas even a Base Sombron was able to one-shot a Late Game Alear

Eh, I doubt Rafal is that comparable to Sombron, since he was still defeated by the party well before Alear became an Emblem. Whereas even a Base Sombron was able to one-shot a Late Game Alear
Yeah, I do think he is still weaker, even when amped by 7 Emblems, and Alear apparently still canonically defeats him without any Emblems where it is implied that not only did the Death and Resurrections make her stronger, it was implied that she was in her Emblem form when she did the final blow. She most likely was also wearing the Marth emblem in canon.

Also, with "Ike being the strongest Emblem" should that include or exclude Emblem Alear?

Also, with "Ike being the strongest Emblem" should that include or exclude Emblem Alear?
Probably exclude, since Emblem Alear didn’t even exist at the time the statement(s) were made, and I doubt Alear becoming an Emblem was common knowledge, since not even Sombron knew up until the final battle.

Yeah, in that case Emblem Alear is officially the strongest of the scaling and possibly the strongest FE character excluding some Heroes characters such as characters like Alfador. Given that Emblem Veronica is perhaps even stronger than she was in Heroes combined with there being characters stronger yet then her given the Rafal scaling.

It's really funny how we got such impressive Low 1-C cast early in the game.

I'd say there are still some characters above Emblem Alear. Even within their universe, there is Sombron, who is stronger since it required Emblem Alear + All 12 Emblems to take him down.

There's also Heroes where Gullveig is stated to have "infinite might" even in comparison to people like Njörðr, who's stronger than Nerþuz, who toyed with all the Order of Heroes post Book 6. And technically, at the End of Book 7, the Order of Heroes became strong enough to defeat Gullveig. At least, before she healed up and Thanos'd them

Ftr9pzeaIAUkOVs

huh, guess that confirms that

Back