• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem Discussion thread: New Forum, New Mystery of the Emblem

I am dreading to see what evidence may be used to confirm full Heroes scaling

...And I'm dreading even more how much of it will be actually pretty solid.

I'm both excited but also really uneasy about the 2-A/Low 1-C everyone scaling being legit.

The Tempest is literally in the game, too
I'm sorry I haven't been keeping up. It's WHAT!?
I'm both excited but also really uneasy about the 2-A/Low 1-C everyone scaling being legit.
I feel like it's one of those ratings that will have decently solid evidence, but unless you can get the more casual crowd to sit down and spell it all out, it'll be rejected by a lot of people.

Honestly, I don’t like the idea of people outside of Engage/Heroes scaling to 2-A/Low 1-C stuff, as funny as Low 1-C Batta would be tbh

Honestly, I don’t like the idea of people outside of Engage/Heroes scaling to 2-A/Low 1-C stuff, as funny as Low 1-C Batta would be tbh
Actually speaking of Batta the Beast, I don't mean to ruin people's memes but even his High 8-C scaling seems iffy. I should note that Fimbulvetr is an A Rank magic tome. Of course anyone who can cast it should upscale since their are mages with low magic power despite A rank in Anima; and basically all promoted units should basically upscale. But we don't really see a lot of those till late game and thus hard to really judge if prologue era characters would really be in that same ballpark. It's harmless to make playable characters under the possibility that anyone can grind and surpass those soldiers, but boss units are kind of pages where only ones with strong relevance to the story and/or are late game enough to easily upscale from obvious piers really could have profiles.

I understand a lot of characters in Universe should upscale from common magic tomes, but I don't think it should be assumed all civilians are born with tiers in that same ball park. Named characters are consistently much stronger than nameless fodder soldiers, but even nameless fodder soldiers are actually quite inconsistent. Sometimes, mages can literally oneshot a small group of soldiers with a single cast, while other times they easily trade blows with other fodder soldiers and later can be killed by a single sword user.

Basically, all recruitable characters should upscale from the various tome calcs; which in itself are merely baseline benchmarks that actually are most likely much higher than the calculation. Much like how it's common for Ki blasts to have Tier 8 AoE despite technically being 3-A in terms of AP via scaling. And all main villains especially and basically a lot of late game bosses (Or common soldiers who actually have the tomes in question) easily scale from our tome calcs as well. But when it comes to the really early bosses and enemy soldiers, I'm unsure if we can really scale reliably. Though I suppose this may be reserved for a different discussion.

Actually speaking of Batta the Beast, I don't mean to ruin people's memes but even his High 8-C scaling seems iffy. I should note that Fimbulvetr is an A Rank magic tome. Of course anyone who can cast it should upscale since their are mages with low magic power despite A rank in Anima; and basically all promoted units should basically upscale. But we don't really see a lot of those till late game and thus hard to really judge if prologue era characters would really be in that same ballpark. It's harmless to make playable characters under the possibility that anyone can grind and surpass those soldiers, but boss units are kind of pages where only ones with strong relevance to the story and/or are late game enough to easily upscale from obvious piers really could have profiles.

I understand a lot of characters in Universe should upscale from common magic tomes, but I don't think it should be assumed all civilians are born with tiers in that same ball park. Named characters are consistently much stronger than nameless fodder soldiers, but even nameless fodder soldiers are actually quite inconsistent. Sometimes, mages can literally oneshot a small group of soldiers with a single cast, while other times they easily trade blows with other fodder soldiers and later can be killed by a single sword user.

Basically, all recruitable characters should upscale from the various tome calcs; which in itself are merely baseline benchmarks that actually are most likely much higher than the calculation. Much like how it's common for Ki blasts to have Tier 8 AoE despite technically being 3-A in terms of AP via scaling. And all main villains especially and basically a lot of late game bosses (Or common soldiers who actually have the tomes in question) easily scale from our tome calcs as well. But when it comes to the really early bosses and enemy soldiers, I'm unsure if we can really scale reliably. Though I suppose this may be reserved for a different discussion.
Then again, Batta shouldn’t really be any weaker than the bandits who can fight Bartre and Marcus in FE6, who at that point should scale to High 8-C.

I’m personally of the opinion that we should just scale 7-C/Low 7-B to all generic units across games, since Fimbulvetr is generally a higher rank tome than Meteor.

Then again, Batta shouldn’t really be any weaker than the bandits who can fight Bartre and Marcus in FE6, who at that point should scale to High 8-C.

I’m personally of the opinion that we should just scale 7-C/Low 7-B to all generic units across games, since Fimbulvetr is generally a higher rank tome than Meteor.
Fair enough, though I'm pretty sure Marcus and Bartre stomped most of those bandits, at least if they went for him one at a time. He also should be roughly equal to Damas who is strong enough to threaten a sick Eliwood, and was a tough fight for everyone not Marcus in gameplay in Hard Mode. (I prefer to avoid using in game difficulty as the backbone but okay)

I agree with the other statement since despite the respective High 8-C for Fimbulvetr and 8-A for Bolganone; those are typically B to A rank tomes (S rank in Radiant Dawn in the latter's case) while Meteor is usually only a C rank. Rexbolt is an SS rank however, still some loops but could work.

Fair enough, though I'm pretty sure Marcus and Bartre stomped most of those bandits, at least if they went for him one at a time. He also should be roughly equal to Damas who is strong enough to threaten a sick Eliwood, and was a tough fight for everyone not Marcus in gameplay in Hard Mode. (I prefer to avoid using in game difficulty as the backbone but okay)

I agree with the other statement since despite the respective High 8-C for Fimbulvetr and 8-A for Bolganone; those are typically B to A rank tomes (S rank in Radiant Dawn in the latter's case) while Meteor is usually only a C rank. Rexbolt is an SS rank however, still some loops but could work.
I was more so referring to the Low 7-B Meteor calc from Three Houses, but Rexbolt could be a supporting calc (or the other way around)

I was more so referring to the Low 7-B Meteor calc from Three Houses, but Rexbolt could be a supporting calc (or the other way around)
Oh yeah, the one by PlumCrayfish? Oh yeah, though I thought some people had issues, though my version on the comments was also lowballed since I only calculated a small chunk of it, but it is roughly comparable to various demonic beasts in size; who look far bigger in cutscenes than they do in game.

But yeah, the meteors should be higher than Town level for sure.

Xane maybe? I'd image there pretty weird to get a match up for since there main gimmick is turning into a nearby ally and they don't have much else

65i6rjeh2db41.png

Remember fgo servants would be great for the fire emblem team since siegfried and sigurd and georgios have dragon slaying weapons

what if the opponent has no allies? (As in this character in their verse doesn't have a friend or whatever)
Xane's main gimmick is basically being a Ditto he turns into people and gets there stats but he doesn't get there equipment and can only be them for a limited time so he'd usually be at a disadvantage so i'd imagine it be hard to find a match up for him since at best he'd be a worse version of whoever he is copying

Xane's main gimmick is basically being a Ditto he turns into people and gets there stats but he doesn't get there equipment and can only be them for a limited time so he'd usually be at a disadvantage so i'd imagine it be hard to find a match up for him since at best he'd be a worse version of whoever he is copying
put him against ditto

I was about to say that Xane just beats Ditto, but as of the remakes Xane can't just stab the unarmed Ditto version of himself to death

I was about to say that Xane just beats Ditto, but as of the remakes Xane can't just stab the unarmed Ditto version of himself to death
so xane is currently FE's most unmatchable character?

also weirdo i feel like the summary of falchion should mention that it is also the logo of FE. (like when you see the logo of FE you see falchion)

How strong is Ditto without transforming? I know Xane should still be 7-C physically as he should be stronger than kid Alm.

Back