• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem Discussion thread: New Forum, New Mystery of the Emblem

Perhaps a 'Possibly' rating, with a justification that highlights that even if they're featless it's likely they should scale above the children who do have feats. Just to cover the most bases possible and explain the situation best to people unfamiliar with the series?

Unknown, Possibly/Likely Large Building Class (Insert agreed upon justification here)

It was considered game mechanics back then, same with her ability to dodge lightning. But I'm more or less neutral.

Yeah, I'd argue she should just be plain Unknown. She is consistently stated to have physical strength even less than an average human within the FE Universe.

Yeah, the whole reason they got to originally travel with Lyn in the first place is because they can detect danger, but are entirely unable to defend themselves

Joshua now has the power of God and Anime on his side, apparently. Definitely not the first character I expected for ascension

Last edited:
Rennac may be 2-A now

...But that won't help him get L'Arachel to finally pay the poor guy.

2-A? Those are rookie numbers. Where's my FE Heroes Tier 1 thread number 63?
5hm2r02.jpg

just wait for my next thread

Something else I noticed about Thorr (can you tell who I've been power leveling lately?) In one of her tap conversations she mentions the summoning contracts, and how they can not be broken, and she is Kiran's to command 'no matter what'

But in her Level 40 conversation, she claims that Alfaðör will likely command her to rid the world of Kiran for challanging his design.

However she never confirms if she'll actually do it. She instead trails off and doesn't finish the thought.

Don't know if that's been pointed out yet, but I wonder if that's implying Alfaðör can't break or manipulate Kiran's contracts. Or maybe just that Thorr herself doesn't know if he can do that or not.

Maybe, but it's interesting that Thorr seems very passionate that her contract can't be broken, and uncharacteristically clams up while talking about what Alfaðör will command of her.

It feels like she's unsure, just to what degree it's hard to say.

Yeah I think we should come back to this if the plot gives Alfador a more direct presence, see if he ends up able to take down a contract or what. It would likely be a statement, though...

Probably.

FEH is filled with these little comments that IMPLY interesting lore but just aren't concrete...it's unfortunate.

Meet the Heroes when they imply that Nifl and Múspell are possibly the concepts of ice and fire with a fat "kinda"

On that note, what do we do about Nifl/Muspell? From what I have understood it seems they were actually deities, but Askr or Alfador demoted them down to more a force of nature. I forget which of the 2 they annoyed enough to do that, but it's Nifl's own words in her TT.

God I wish FEH's writing was just a few levels higher and we could have less wishy washy statements and ideas that go nowhere

I know we all joked about how obvious it was, but I find it kinda interesting that they revealed Letizia's motives right out the gate. Pretty sure the last time that happened was with Surtr: everybody else we had to wait until the final chapter(s).

Then again, I'm pretty sure Embla is the true main villain of this arc, so who knows how this is gonna play out.

With the new NEP standards, I think it's possible for Surtr to get NEP, since he lacks both a physical body and soul while undead.

I really just wish Volug was there, one of the two characters even from Hatari and it just feels like he got shafted for a second Nailah alt. Hatari, as a nation, also seems rather strange to make a banner out of, given it's severe lack of screentime and lore. Though it does bring some, if very little, opportunity to expand upon it.

Also, with the exception of Leanne (as a cheerleader), every unit on this banner is from a different game

I wonder if it's now possible to do scaling based off stuff from Heroes, as that would finally solve the whole "Unknown" ratings Elibe characters have.

Isn't it implied somewhat that contracts even the playing field? (Granted, there is still some relative scaling like with RD's Blessed characters, such as Ike still being a top tier)

Also, FE6/7 Characters on the "Unknown" level have exactly one feat but it's probably not able to be calced (at least without proper sizes of the Fire Dragons, maybe)

I don't recall that being a thing. We even see statements and feats of lords being stronger than other lords. (ex: Roy being a "tougher fight" than Marth, and Ike being referred to as the strongest Hero). There is also some stuff like Duessel clearly outmatching Dimitri.

That's why I brought up the fact that there is still some relative scaling, it's more like they're just put in the same ballpark rather an exact level of strength

It's never outright said, but there are a few statements about how Gods and Mortals are "equal" in the Order, where they otherwise wouldn't/shouldn't be

I’m pretty sure that’s just referring to the fact that they are all working towards the same goal of restoring peace to Askr, and that their status doesn’t matter.

I also remember Fallen Edelgard saying something along the lines of Mila’s life force being beyond that of any mortal, indicating that there really isn’t any equalization of power. And there are of course, other examples of characters stomping other characters in FEH.

Heroes scaling in general is a mess; the various different routes and DLC chapters kind of screw over scaling chains. Even characters who have the same original games contradict themselves such as Asura being one of the strongest characters despite her originally being not so strong combat wise. Roy outside of his Prf weapon was always considered someone mediocre in terms of strength even within his own universe despite almost every other lord being seen as one man armies. Heroes also rights characters where pretty much everyone is on par with the end game bosses and without S rank weapons no less.

Back