• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem Discussion thread: New Forum, New Mystery of the Emblem

Yea Lilina was more so an example. I suppose a more clear example would be Fallen Ike.

Not sure why the Echoes DLC wouldn't be canon, since it doesn't necessarily contradict anything, nor is it extremely out of place, like the Smash DLC in fates.

Finished the first half of FE4, and gotta say I really love it but it ends on such a bleak note. But anyway, made a tier list for how good the units are for gen 1.
wf0A1WRnBg2egAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png

Yeah, I don't exactly wish for the leak to have been false (Artur, Manuela, and Ignatz fans popping off rn, and that's good), I just think the leak ruined any and all anticipation for the banner

I will say that I am currently not a fan of the Demonic Beast profile, and will probably be making a CRT shortly given how central it seems to be for Three Houses scaling

Oh hey it's here

Really just about out tiering of every day, average, generic beasts and why they shouldn't scale to relics. Been kinda hinting at this coming for a long time now anyway

Up to chapter 10 in FE4; and chapter 9 made me realize I really should have put more effort in the pair up organizations. Lewyn should have definitely married Erinys and not Sylvia. Brigid could have also had a groom.

Up to chapter 10 in FE4; and chapter 9 made me realize I really should have put more effort in the pair up organizations. Lewyn should have definitely married Erinys and not Sylvia. Brigid could have also had a groom.
Yeah, I was curious how well the game's child system was handled, given it was the first game to HAVE one. But then I saw on the Wiki that it's basically one big puzzle of sorts to get the best possible results. That might be another thing to change in a hypothetical remake...

imo, and I think a lot of people technically agree, is that Tailtiu is the best pairing for Lewyn, strictly speaking from a gameplay standpoint (imo, Tailtiu > Erinys > Sylvia)

But that's more or less because Ced is always good, so you can have Erinys look for a father for Fee instead. Meanwhile Lewyn!Arthur comes with Forseti earlier.

Granted I'm probably not the best at making pairings (really chose Alec!Fee just for the sake of Nihil on a Flier that will mostly be fighting bandits on villages, also meant I had to train Alec a bit for once. Also had him nab the Sleep staff in Chapter 2 for Ced)

Problem is that Arthur requires investment before he can solo the game; people in the Iron Man, Speed Run, LTC, and especially ZPGR would say Ced is objectively best Forsetti candidate.

Those categories outright discourage any form of investment, so of course the automatic event pairing with high base stats would be considered the most powerful in those. Arthur would 100% be better in any non-challenge run where you don't intentionally neuter 90% of your own army. LTC runs would probably benefit most from not pairing units (with the sole exception of Lewyn/Erinys, as it's automatic) in the first place

I kinda wanna make FE4 Child Unit profiles, using tabbers to separate the potential fathers (meanwhile Arthur, Ced, and Coirpre would get an entire key added from Lewyn, so that's probably gonna be hard)

Pretty sure different timeline shenanigans; Three Houses has timelines where the bad guys win are canon if you want to be 100% literal.

I started playing FE5 and it's a really great game undeniably as a game quality thing. As a FE game though, I'm feeling mixed on that and likely somewhere in the middle when it comes to ordering from best to worst. It's roughly somewhere in between where Mystery of the Emblem and Path of Radiance are going to be on my list. I'm only in the middle of Chapter 2x so far, and will make my final judgement once I finish the game. But based on impressions so far and looks on the designs to come. I have a list of 8 games I like better than it, 7 games I don't like as much. And 2 games that I'm indecisive towards; whether FE5 is better, worse, or in between those two.

If I had a nickel for every time something that upgraded a cast of Fire Emblem characters to High 6-A got accepted and not yet applied, I'd have two nickels

Back