• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem Three Houses: Demonic Beast Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustSomeWeirdo

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Part one of my Three Houses tiering overhaul, I guess

Currently, we have the most generic Demonic Beasts listed as "At least Mountain level+, possibly far higher (They are former humans that have been transformed by the power of a Crest Stone, which are used to powered and give strength to a Heroes’ Relics)"

We also assume that all Crest Stones are created equal, saying that the "Cracked Crest Stone" used by Wild Demonic Beast would be equal to the Stone used in Relics like, for example, Thunderbrand.

This is demonstrated to be entirely untrue, with generic, unnamed beasts such as the previously mentioned Wild Demonic Beasts being considered to be fodder to characters like Pre-Timeskip Edelgard, while the actual Relic users are treated much more respectable in terms of power (examples being: The Flame Emperor aiming to recruit Byleth for the then weakened Sword of the Creator. Literally everyone putting Catherine's strength with Thunderbrand in high regard, all while still fodderizing your average Demonic Beast)

We also have the inclusion of Maurice, the Wandering Beast, as part of the profile otherwise used for generic beasts, despite being rather notable in Marianne's paralogue and a member of the previously Eleven Elites before being retconned from the history books, but that's more of a nitpick

In conclusion, I simply don't think your average, nameless demonic beast should automatically be Relic level (soon to be High 6-A) and would instead scale above your basic fodder (bandits, generic soldiers, and the like)

Also, while it doesn't seem to me that they're included, there's also fodder beasts that are simply wild animals who got ahold of a magic rock (like Giant Birds), who also shouldn't scale to Relics....like...at all

I suppose this is fine. So, the regular Demonic Beasts get downgraded to "At least 7-C" and Edelgard and the lords will now be "At least 7-C, possibly 7-A".

And the Three Houses are going to be High 6-A?! Damn

Yeah, the scaling chain's gonna be something like this (probably):

Prime Sothis (High 6-A) = Sothis-Fused Byleth/Sublime Sword of the Creator ≥ The Immaculate One ≥ Sword of the Creator (Base/Weakened) ≥ Other Relics

But yeah, generic beasts should be 7-C, Relic users will also be "7-C, High 6-A with Insert Relic" with the exception of Byleth, who just gets a flat High 6-A by virtue of fusing with Sothis

7-A is probably going to go go away entirely, given that not only are Relics becoming High 6-A, but it's by scaling to generic Demonic Beasts via Ferdinand's C Support and is probably just higher end 7-C

Last edited:
Notable Demonic Beasts, such as Maurice, a certain Giant Demonic Beast (if not all of them, they're considered notable for their physical strength in their flavor text), Miklan, Baron Ochs, and the Umbral Beast should all be High 6-A

I agree with this; it's always been weird to scale them all to just a random low end Javelin of Light calculation as a Golden Egg Fallacy. And Maurice is super unique among Demonic Beasts who is a lot stronger than the others; all Demonic Beasts shouldn't be assumed as strong as him. Especially since Pre-Timeskip Edelgard and Balthus fodderized demonic beasts in their backstories.

Scaling them from the meteor calculation is fair game.

I've applied this to the Demonic Beasts, I'll be moving on to the characters who they scale to shortly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back