• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Finite and Infinite 2-A

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Retired
I personally believe that it should be specified in a character's profile whether they are a finite or infinite 2-a in order to avoid stomp matches like this:[[1]]

No Reppuzan.

"2-A" includes anything from 10^500 to Infinite number of universes. High 2-A is above even infinite universes.

To quote directly from the tiering system:

• Multiverse level+: Characters who can destroy and/or create 10^500 to an infinite number of 4-dimensional universal space-time continuums.
  • High Multiverse level+: Characters who are 5-dimensional, and/or can destroy and/or create 5-dimensional space-time constructs of a not insignificant size.

@Saikou

Wow, you'd think I'd know the Tiering System by heart by now.

Still, such an explanation would fit under Attack Potency.

Well, we do have a rule about that profiles should contain explanations for the statistics.

Also, technically we have almost no finite universes 2-A characters. The member The Living Tribunal1 has suggested that we should change the border to only include characters that can destroy infinite universes.

I'm personally okay with that, but isn't there a reason that we have such a specific number for the boarder of 2-B/2-A? Also, we could always just make a low 2-A.

Well, it is due to an estimation of how many universes there would be in our multiverse, but TLT1 is knowledgeable about physics, and once told me in private that it may be unreliable.

I do not think that we should have a Low 2-A in any case. Virtually no characters would qualify.

Well, we won't have a staff discussion about the tiering system now in any case. I am going on vacation in a week, so it is an inappropriate time.

The change certainly does not have to be done right now (or anytime soon if it's preferred.)

However I trust LT's judgement in this regard completely and if we do decide to change the rating, only two characters would be changed (Flowey and Mobster Kingpin like Crop mentioned)

There's nothing to worry in regards to the revision or taking time/energy from the staff, it is a process that'd take literally at most 5 minutes for someone to do. And if it's more accurate to real life as LT suggests it is, I am in support of it.

Of course if the majority want to keep it as is, I am fine with that too.

Well, the problem is that I am going on vacation tomorrow, so it is an inapproriate time for me, but I have placed a note in my wiki to-do list.

@Antvasima I am aware, which is why I said "the change certainly does not have to be done right now." And again I hope you enjoy the vacation.

I'm just saying if the change is to be made at some point in time, it'd be completely easy to do and take virtually no time or energy from staff. So there isn't anything to worry about in that regard.

I have made the changes on all 3 profiles this would effect.

So when or if this gets approved, all I have to do is press "Publish" for the edits to go through and this will done immediately.

And once more, I hope you have a good time tomorrow :)

Okay then, but it will probably take at least 3 weeks until we start to handle this revision.

Thank you. The travel itself is horrible, due to the sheer time it takes in cramped spaces, but the diving is awesome.

No problem. This isn't something I'm particularly that passionate about or mind waiting on. Just trying to help out and alleviate stress.

And I'm sorry to hear about the travel. But it's nice to hear that the diving will be nice. Have fun :)

Back