• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Suika Ibuki (Touhou Project) vs. Meteor Survivor (Final Fantasy XIV) | GRACE

Suika has the ability to control denisty, letting her gather and disperse objects. This can compress objects to make them hot, deconstruct physical matter into vapor, magnify or cancel earthquakes, and so on. She can throw fireballs by gathering heat, disperse a person's spiritual energy (one's mind/soul/emotions/chi/stamina/physical statistics in Touhou), create black holes, gather undergound qi veins, control people's feelings and sentiments, disperse herself into hundreds of thousands of bodies at once, and just... generally do a lot of shit lol
The Warrior of Light survived a big stream of fire from a dragon in the Heavensward trailer so he should be able to resist the fireball which looks like a smaller amount of heat. He could simply dodge the chains or black hole to avoid getting his spirit energy damaged, or just survive it because the profile doesn't mention how much of their spirit energy she can disperse. If Suika disperses herself, I think the WoL would use an AOE attack though idk how much range he has, his profile does a terrible job explaining it

The Warrior of Light survived a big stream of fire from a dragon in the Heavensward trailer so he should be able to resist the fireball which looks like a smaller amount of heat. He could simply dodge the chains or black hole to avoid getting his spirit energy damaged, or just survive it because the profile doesn't mention how much of their spirit energy she can disperse. If Suika disperses herself, I think the WoL would use an AOE attack though idk how much range he has, his profile does a terrible job explaining it
Idk how the fuck you'd dodge a black hole considering the gravity they exert. Suika's chains fully disperse a person's spirit power in-game, so it likely affects the entirety of one's mind/soul/whatever. Suika's able to disperse herself across all of Gensokyo, which should be about tens of kilometers long iirc.

I do still think WoL takes it for the reasons I mentioned, but thinking about it more, it's pretty close.

Idk how the fuck you'd dodge a black hole considering the gravity they exert. Suika's chains fully disperse a person's spirit power in-game, so it likely affects the entirety of one's mind/soul/whatever. Suika's able to disperse herself across all of Gensokyo, which should be about tens of kilometers long iirc.

I do still think WoL takes it for the reasons I mentioned, but thinking about it more, it's pretty close.
What's the range of the black hole?

What's the range of the black hole?
Billions of lightyears typically, thanks to having the mass of stars in the hundreds or hundred thousands. Black holes can rip apart any kind of matter on subatomic level and WoL doesn't resist subatomic deconstruction either way.

( I would rather a 2hu supporter elaborate on this, I don't have suika calcs on hand kek )

Billions of lightyears typically, thanks to having the mass of stars in the hundreds or hundred thousands. Black holes can rip apart any kind of matter on subatomic level and WoL doesn't resist subatomic deconstruction either way.

( I would rather a 2hu supporter elaborate on this, I don't have suika calcs on hand kek )
A lot of black holes in fiction don't eat up a whole planet, something tells me Suika's doesn't

A lot of black holes in fiction don't eat up a whole planet, something tells me Suika's doesn't
We only really see it in gameplay, so it's hard to gauge what its actual range is. At worst it's comparable to regular danmaku firing range, which we currently accept as being 36 meters (when it should really be several hundred meters/a few kilometers).

There's magnitudes of evidence that characters can forego spellrules to make attacks lethal and well beyond the scope of danmaku. Bear in mind that spellcard rules apply distinctly to duels. An example of spell card rules not being in play would be when a drunk Suika once shattered Heaven in Bohemian Archive, which is an infinitely large plane split into many separate realms. Incidents in-verse would be incredibly challenging to resolve were it not for characters abiding by these rules. The capability of destroying an entire world is there, for sure.

Besides that, spaghettification is the one thing WoL doesn't want to go through. As well as being drained of spirit. Afaik these are Suika's main wincons in this fight and it's incredibly close.

It's a bummer we didn't get any black hole spell cards in 18 (ability card), 18.5 or 19. The bullet-shooting mini Suikas are nice though.
We only really see it in gameplay, so it's hard to gauge what its actual range is. At worst it's comparable to regular danmaku firing range, which we currently accept as being 36 meters
Yeah tracks for her danmaku. For now.

As for everything else relating to her main ability: It's listed as 2-C range via the heaven-shatter feat and her density hax

( Tangetially noting; Black Holes in the real world have Infinite Density, which is instrumental for a black hole's capability to sub-atomically deconstruct matter. )

(when it should really be several hundred meters/a few kilometers).

( The feats are definitely there. )

Last edited:
BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP GET BUMPED GET BUMPED GET BUMPED GET BUMPED GET BUMPED GET BUMPED GET BUMPED GET BUMPED GET BUMMMMMMPPPPPEEEDDDDDDD UUUUWWWWOOOOOOOOGGGHHHHHHHH

Back