• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Final Fantasy scaling (4-A to 3-C edition)

Well, after this we should discuss if the The After Years cast gets to scale to Omega and Shinryu. And thus become 4-A.

In addition to the 4-A calc's MFTL+ rating scaling to anybody. Just watching the video displaying the attack, though, I don't exactly see why that'd be the case at all. No one seems to have even reacted to it.

But I suppose we should leave that aside for now, unless there isn't much argument to be had.

If there's a statement saying that Overdrives allow to attain a higher power than usual or something (for example, Limit Breaks in VII are openly stated to reach powers beyond usual in a tutorial) similar, then 3-C with them could work fine given how close they are to 3-C at base.

Even if they dont attain a power greater than usual, Overdrives are their strongest techniques. And given that the gap is only a mere 30%, its safe to assume they can overcome it.

True enough. But there's likely a tutorial in-game about overdrives, it's likely it mentions how powerful the moves are and can be used as further explanation.

The calc looks legit, but actually; there is lore about Omega and Shinryu being Low 2-C in FFV and Dissidia; though we'll wait for the FF1 revisions before confirming that. Shinryu was one of the reasons Chaos was becoming Low 2-C and has his own Low 2-C feat in Dissidia.

However, the FF8 cast scaling is fine; FFV cast might have additional keys though.

Blackcurrant91 said:
So are we good to apply these changes or?
Im busy irl. You can start the editing whenever you want. At least with the FF VIII cast.

Im curious to what their durability possibly scales to. As they where able to tank shockwave pulsar who is considered stronger then Eden, but is he 30% stronger? Probably safer to keep it to 4-A durability instead of 4-A possibly 3-C durability as I have done it.

It is I think, he still has his 3-C key. Should I be more specific that's it's only when using limit breaks under attack potency?

Yeah, uf we agreed Sorceress Adel isn't 3-C then yeah he and the cast should be At Least 4-A likely higher, 3-C with Limit Breaks

Well they would stay At least 5-A possibly 4-A. They shouldn't get 'Likely Higher' for their physical Key. We could maybe give them 'Higher with limit breaks' I will be more specific in his tier key.

Junctioning themselves to the most powerful GF's wouldn't count, add on the addition of spell buffs, and on top of that Limit Breaks?

So should ff8 cast be 'At least 5-A likely 4-A' instead of 'possibly' and then 'possibly 3-C' with overdrives.

The cast where easily able to defeat people who could seal Eden and this was also when Ultimecia sealed all of their GF's and thus most of their strength.

Hey dudes. I am thinking that ff8 cast should get a definitive 3-C key for their power level in disc 4. They are absolutely at this stage significantly stronger then Eden. I think Griever potentially deserves to keep his 3-C key as well and thus Quistis.

So at least 5-A possibly 4-A for disc 3 and 4-A possibly 3-C for disc 4.

let me know what you think.

The gap between 4-A and baseline 3-C is only 2 Zettafoe away. Seems fine to me, as I said on discord.

╠Âa╠Âl╠Âs╠Âo╠ ╠Ân╠Âe╠Âe╠Âd╠ ╠Ât╠Âo╠ ╠Âw╠Âo╠Âr╠Âk╠ ╠Âo╠Ân╠ ╠Ât╠Âi╠Âm╠Âe╠ ╠Âc╠Âo╠Âm╠Âp╠Âr╠Âe╠Âs╠Âs╠Âi╠Âo╠Ân╠ ╠Âa╠Âb╠Âi╠Âl╠Âi╠Ât╠Âi╠Âe╠Âs╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âo╠Âs╠Âe╠ ╠Âl╠Âo╠Âw╠Âk╠Âe╠Ây╠ ╠Âb╠Âe╠ ╠Âb╠Âu╠Âs╠Ât╠Âe╠Âd╠Â

He does have 3-C with overdrives in his current keys. Just gonna simplify it and keep it to at least 4-A possibly 3-C and 3-C with overdrives.

Blackcurrant91 said:
So at least 5-A possibly 4-A for disc 3 and 4-A possibly 3-C for disc 4.

let me know what you think.
This sounds pretty good to me. As it has been mentioned, it makes sense given how close they are to the high end of 4-A and scaling should be enough, on top of other boosts they can get.

Back