• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Final Fantasy scaling (4-A to 3-C edition)

PaChi2

VS Battles
Retired
Hello there!

This feat, calculated by Bambu (thanks!), downgrades a bunch of our previously rated 3-Cs to... 8.1 ZettaFoes (3-C starts at 10.53 ZettaFoes).

As the increase in power required to reach 3-C is less than 30%, we are here to discuss which characters will become 4-A and which ones can remain in 3-C via scaling above Eden.

Also, I wanted to discuss if the speed result can be scaled to the rest of the verse.

PS: FF has become the strongest 4-A verse, suck it Kirito ovo

Gilgamesh (Final Fantasy)

Ultimecia

Squall Leonhart

Eden (Final Fantasy)

Bartz Klauser

Exdeath

Galuf Halm Baldesio

Lightning (Final Fantasy XIII)

Caius Ballad

Serah Farro

Griever

Noel Kreiss

Faris Scherwiz

Shinryu

Omega (Final Fantasy)

Snow Villiers

Enuo

Krile Mayer Baldesio

Lenna Charlotte Tycoo

Rinoa Heartilly

Seifer Almasy

Quistis Trepe

Omega Weapo

Adel

I will edit the OP with the list of characters who need scaling.

Not knowledgeable enough when it comes to the 4-A/3-C scaling web, but I do care about FF and thus Followed this.

I mean, you gotta learn somehow.

FF VIII

Ultimecia > Griever > Squall Gang > Omega Weapon >= Adel > Gilgamesh > Seifer > Eden

Something like that?

FF V:

Shinryu = Omega > Galuf > Exdeath >= Enuo > Endgame party (individually) >>>> Gilgamesh

FF XIII:

Caius >= Lightning > Snow (LR) = Noel (LR) > Serah and Noel >= Snow > Gilgamesh

Do the XIII-2 cast scale to Gil and Omega or have their own feats to reach their tiers?

Also, just to know, both ExDeath and Ultimecia reach tier 2 in their ultimate forms, are their defeats considered outliers for the teams of V and VIII? Wondering because Luneth and Co are considered 2-C for taking down the Cloud of Darkness, though it is with the Crystals' power. Not arguing or anything just want to know.

XIII gang scale to Gil and Omega, yes.

And yes, their defeats are outliers since Exdeath literally becomes 2-A immediately post battle and Ultimecia Low 2-C mid-battle. They struggle against their bases and can still defeat an enemy orders of magnitude stronger? Nah.

Luneth and Co fight twice CoD. First time they are defeated (didnt die) and they defeat a weakened CoD. So they should scale to her. Thing is, CoD didnt jump in power, in fact, she was weakened.

Apparently our 2 FF XIV profiles also scale.

And... I dont want to make it crazy, but...

The FF I and IV cast could scale to Omega and Shinryu...

Oh yeah, in Dawn of Souls Fighter McWarrior fought them as bonus bosses. So did Cecil's team in the After Years right? They should if it counts.

EDIT: Thanks for clearing it up, I had forgotten the CoD had to be weakened. I remembered that the Onion Knights got thrashed in the first round and had assist the second, but couldn't remember what.

PaChi2 said:
Apparently our 2 FF XIV profiles also scale.
And... I dont want to make it crazy, but...

The FF I and IV cast could scale to Omega and Shinryu...
There was talk of Final Fantasy 1 becoming Low 2-C due to Dissidia since Dissidia literally starts Final Fantasy 1.

I dont mind the FF I cast becoming Low 2-C.

But only the protags and Chaos. No one else.

Would anybody?

Back to Low 2-C FFI, though. Is there anything that'd contradict this or make it an outlier? Something like that?

So, if Cecilio and his pals scale to Omega and Shinryu, would they keep their High 5-A key for the original game, but get a 4-A for the After Years?

TartaChocholate said:
So, if Cecilio and his pals scale to Omega and Shinryu, would they keep their High 5-A key for the original game, but get a 4-A for the After Years?
Yes, that'd be the case.

No. There is nothing contradicting Low 2-C FF I...

But... Can we... FOCUS on this thread?

I think that anyone > Gilgamesh should get "At least 5-A, likely 4-A, possiblu higher", while people who is currently 3-C should become "At least 4-C, likely 3-C".

Gilgamesh: "At least 5-A, likely 4-A, possibly higher"

Ultimecia, Griever, Omega, Shinryu, Lightning and Caius should remain 3-C.

Schnee One said:
Mind telling me why 5A is there anyway?
5-A is the scaling Gilgamesh gets in FFV.

4-A the scaling from VIII.

Though, I think the VIII cast shouldnt have the 5-A.

I don't see why not solid 4A

That said, 3C to 4A based on a superior calc is a very minor revision, I'm pretty sure you can make the changes as soon as you want.

Off topic, who's the strongest 4A in FF?

I would argue that Shinryu / Caius / Ultimecia are the strongest 4-As (and likely deserve a 3-C).

What's the reason for 5-A and "possibly" in VIII to begin with? The AP justification seems like it outright scales to Eden, so it should be a solid 4-A.

The profiles are old and havent been updated in a long time. We can rework that. I dont think there is enough reason for 5-A in VIII

So the VIII cast becomes "At least 4-A" and "At least 4-A, likely 3-C" for the strongest like Ultimecia?

I could be wrong, but I think the lower tier came from scaling to the weaker Guardian Forces. So if anything it could be used as a separate key for early game or something.

PaChi2 said:
So the VIII cast becomes "At least 4-A" and "At least 4-A, likely 3-C" for the strongest like Ultimecia?
Makes sense to me. What's needed to do is determine who else warrants a likely 3-C rating, as well as should the MFTL+ rating scale to anybody. Caius, Ultimecia and Shinryu should warrant the former according to you.

I think Exdeath looks like he warrants the same rating, as well. What about Lightning?

TartaChocholate said:
I could be wrong, but I think the lower tier came from scaling to the weaker Guardian Forces. So if anything it could be used as a separate key for early game or something.
We dont usually add stats of early game unless there is a "power up" or something. Cloud isnt High 5-A | 4-B . The only ones with an early game statistic are the FF III guys and Cecil in his dark knight form.

Ah, I see. Got confused given the Tales of Zestiria and Berseria profiles do use Early, Mid and Endgame keys, but I see your point.

Bumpm

Let's end this.

I will edit the first post with thr tier everyone should be given.

ZeroTC01 said:
PaChi2 said:
Makes sense to me. What's needed to do is determine who else warrants a likely 3-C rating, as well as should the MFTL+ rating scale to anybody. Caius, Ultimecia and Shinryu should warrant the former according to you.
I think Exdeath looks like he warrants the same rating, as well. What about Lightning?
Well, I'm thinking this needs to be adressed ^

Lightning is Caius' equal, so she obviously scales to 3-C.

Exdeath being likely 3-C looks alright, but then Enuo scales to him and so do the endgame party.

Yeah, that's practically a definite. This also means that Noel and Snow scale in LR, no?

With the latter in mind, are there any issues with Enuo and the others scaling?

3-C with Overdrives sounds good to me.

Ultimecia, Griever ---> 3-C

Seifer: At least 4-A, possibly higher

Gilgamesh: At least 4-A, possibly higher.

Main cast: At least 4-A, likely higher, 3-C with overdrives

Omega and Adel: 4-A, possibly 3-C.

Noel and Snow in LR should be 3-C too, yes.

These are pretty minor changes so it should be fine to apply? probs still need 1 mod to say yes. (maybe do 'possibly 3-C with overdrives')

Back