• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Final Fantasy 16 discussion thread

I agree with Hyper to

On my part, haven't advanced on XVI since the last time, I'm trying to get further in XIII since I feel like I'm not even at the half-point. In any case, I wanted to know who's dealing with which characters in general. I'm do Barnabas/odin and Dust is doing Bahamut and Ultima at least possibly Clive but I don't know if other characters have been mentionned (I'm personally interested in Jill/Shiva and maybe Kupka/Titan)
My pc is flarked and creating profiles from mobile is the actual worst so I haven't worked on them, I was doing Clive but didn't get far

Ok Dominant abilities sandbox is finished, 99% sure I haven't missed anything so good to go for anyone making Dominant profiles that haven't been claimed or finished yet. Added one last weakness and non-physical interaction. Only recently dawned on me that "Oh yeah Ultima isn't actually a physical being for the entire game outside of using Typhon or his Ifrit forms".
Playing some outlast trials once this match is over I'll take a good look

Yeah looks good I don't know if we should mention that they have like 2 layers of resistances to the stuffs

Ok Dominant abilities sandbox is finished, 99% sure I haven't missed anything so good to go for anyone making Dominant profiles that haven't been claimed or finished yet. Added one last weakness and non-physical interaction. Only recently dawned on me that "Oh yeah Ultima isn't actually a physical being for the entire game outside of using Typhon or his Ifrit forms".
I don't see the regen in this scan

Finished Bahamut's boss fight. That was absurd. Like, spectacular beyond all beliefs. The sequence is easily oen of the most epic fights I'v seen in recent years, Infinity War and Endgame combined didn't have that kind of shit. Non-stop pure epicness to a ridiculous degree. It also really shows how broken Bahamut is. Even without absorbing the Crystal, it took Ifrit and Joshua to take him down and they had all the difficulties in the world even keeping up with him. The fact that he ends up using Zettaflare, for now THE strongest offensive spell in all FFs and Square Enix catalogue, was the absolute top of the cherry. Easily the best boss fight in the game for now to me and out of all the FF games I played one of the best (top of them would be Sephiroth in Remake and Bhunivelze in Lightning Returns and aside from that there's Leviathan and Ardyn in XV, Chaos in Dissidia, Bahamut Fury in Crisis Core, Rufus Shinra, Hell House and Jenova in Remake and of course this one and I forget some).

Also, Annabella got it too easy for me. I mean, her end was pathetic and she was just a wreck so it's fitting but I wanted her to suffer much more than this. I really hate her guts and I think she's one of the most hateful characters I've met in recent years. Even if Hojo is still even more evil for me.

Last edited:
Well just finish the crossover event and we can't use it for scaling. the Clive we find in FF14 is just post-Garuda and we battle with an imaginary Ifrit in an illusion mindscape.

Well just finish the crossover event and we can't use it for scaling. the Clive we find in FF14 is just post-Garuda and we battle with an imaginary Ifrit in an illusion mindscape.
OOF

Taking off the scaling hat, it was probably ment to pay homage to Clive accepting the truth about himself as well as what actually happened that night. Kinda makes sense too, since they unironically don't want to contradict the established mythos in FFXIV with there being two "true" Ifrits plus given the themes and lore of FFXVI, it'll be pretty outlandish for Clive to be suddenly the "prime Ifrit" of the FF multiverse or something lol!

Taking off the scaling hat, it was probably ment to pay homage to Clive accepting the truth about himself as well as what actually happened that night. Kinda makes sense too, since they unironically don't want to contradict the established mythos in FFXIV with there being two "true" Ifrits plus given the themes and lore of FFXVI, it'll be pretty outlandish for Clive to be suddenly the "prime Ifrit" of the FF multiverse or something lol!
Tbf it's the first time Ifrit is THAT important in the lore. Usually he'll stick to being an early-game summon or being a powerful creature that simply needs to be defeated. XV already seriously amped his role by making him a major deity with a pretty big role in the setting and the climactic boss. XVI making him the meant supreme being (aside from Ultima) alone makes him a sort of "prime Ifrit" for FF, even if his feats put him below other versions (like XV actually).

Though like I said before, I wish we had more summons. Like Fenrir or Diabolos (the latter in particular, I mean Diabolos is a gravity-based summon, imagine a Gravity/Space Eikon, with how spectaculary powerful Garuda alone was made, just think about the potential). I also wish Ramuh had a greater role, he's almost always sidelined and simply treated as a powerful but not uber strong summon and I can't help but love his wizard design and wish he could become the focus

If the Wandering Mistrel's illusory worlds are physical, then Clive has a feat in the crossover
It probably not so we probably can't take it. The quest also starts at level 50 so at most we can scale him to Warrior of Light's first key and even then the version on the wiki for the Warrior of Light is wildly inaccurate wank.

If nothing else it gives a neat range feat for Ultima since unless I missed something the force that sent Clive from his world to the one in 14 would be him

It probably not so we probably can't take it. The quest also starts at level 50 so at most we can scale him to Warrior of Light's first key and even then the version on the wiki for the Warrior of Light is wildly inaccurate wank.
Are you from Reddit?

The previous scaling was based on the wrongful that the source and 13 reflections were entire universes onto themself but we later learn that they are only planetary in size. the warring triad has no infinite power and it is only hyperbole. FF14 scale to Galaxy or multi-Galaxy level at the highest with Dynamis buff.

The previous scaling was based on the wrongful that the source and 13 reflections were entire universes onto themself but we later learn that they are only planetary in size. the warring triad has no infinite power and it is only hyperbole. FF14 scale to Galaxy or multi-Galaxy level at the highest with Dynamis buff.
Can you say that in this thread?

You're right about the Source and its reflections being planets and everything else except Gilgamesh maybe, I can't verify that, however the WoL will be upgraded to 2-A based on Gilgamesh scaling by the end of ARR
To be honest, if you guys really want to upgrade him to 2-A just have him scale to Dissidia Y'shtola. Something like: "2-A should be much stronger than Y'shtola who participates in the Dissidia conflict."

The Gilgamesh from 14 might not be the same Gilgamesh in other games but Y'shtola is definitely the same person. It is so simple and solid as well yet no one seems to think about it.

To be honest, if you guys really want to upgrade him to 2-A just have him scale to Dissidia Y'shtola. Something like: "2-A should be much stronger than Y'shtola who participates in the Dissidia conflict."

The Gilgamesh from 14 might not be the same Gilgamesh in other games but Y'shtola is definitely the same person.
Hope you're not saying upgrade clive to 2-A😐?

No this is just a tangent about FF14 Warrior of Light. Clive is only possibly 4-A at the highest for now
Not at all possibly? It'd just be 4-A flatout...

But regardless good ya don't mean clive

until the next Dissidia game came out with Clive in it I don't think he gonna move up anytime soon.
I mean FF16 omega is already low 2-C via his compression but I doubt that scales to its physicals.

We'd just have to see with the new leviathan stuff and any new statements. Regardless tho as long as no crossover stuff messes up his regular canon keys like the other final fantasy's like 15 then im good

Regardless tho as long as no crossover stuff messes up his regular canon keys like the other final fantasy's like 15 then im good
Yeah I'm in the same boat. If Clive showed up in a Dissidia game or something than that'd be cool since it'd be a separate key, but would really prefer if the regular canon keys for him and the other characters didn't get boosted because, I dunno, Gilgamesh pulls up and loses to Shiva or something.

but would really prefer if the regular canon keys for him and the other characters didn't get boosted because, I dunno, Gilgamesh pulls up and loses to Shiva or something.
This is one of my main issues with verse. Gilgamesh's terribly inconsistent strength impacting how many characters are scaled. And then look at Noctis who completely had all his keys changed from consistent 6a ratings cus he indirectly scales to 2a through Bahamut which should be an outlier given he never displayed such strength in ff15 and being referred to as just a rat's tail by Jack Garland.

Just got past Kanver with Barnabas. We already knew this and I had red stuff but didn't see the cutscene itself. Barnabas is OP. He completely destroys Clive in a sword fight with skill alone, he kicks a semi-primed Clive on several meters just as casually, instantly demolishes Clive with a casual slash and defeats a Primed Shiva/Jill with the same ease. All without even semi-priming, in his casual clothes and just with Odin's sword. He's purely broken.

Last edited:
So here's something interesting I've noticed going through the lore, the small ocean between Rosaria and that island to the west? Shit's like 1000+ kilometers in width going by what the active time lore entry says about the island being hundreds of leagues away from Rosarias coast. Given that the Naldia Narrow (That section of the ocean that Odin splits in half) is shown to be about that same size as this ocean I think we could get some whacky results for that sea split Odin does.

Back