• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Final Fantasy 16 discussion thread

I'd imagine dominants have another layer of resistance over the shit they get for resisting aetherfloods

considering "bearer's don't even begin to approach" the levels of dominants and still have resistance enough to not get insta negged and die in aetherfloods.

also this

the results of Aetherfloods and its ability to turn things Akashic effects also effects flora as well as stated here and as we saw with the deadlands, that including statements of those who are Akashic are soulless and have lost their will's which is what binds consiousness together so really I suppose in a sense to some degree people could potentially get Supernatural willpower for simply withstanding this shit, but at least we can add a basic life manip resistance from akashic shit

See here,

Non Bearers have like no resistances to anything, regular bearers and animals has resistances that non bearers don't but neither are remotely close to the levels of Aether resistances that Dominants have

I guess someone notable to mention would be Theodore, the man fought against hordes in an aetherflood and lasted a while before turning akashic and even after fully turning had enough will to briefly come back and kill himself

Pretty good trailer. I liked echoes of the fallen but rising tide was the DLC I was most excited for and it's looking real nice, also was that a tease for a new boss fight with Ultima at the end? Dunno if it'll be a separate fight or if they'll update and change the base games final boss to give him Leviathan moves since that's the only Eikon he and Clive never used the powers of.

Pretty good trailer. I liked echoes of the fallen but rising tide was the DLC I was most excited for and it's looking real nice, also was that a tease for a new boss fight with Ultima at the end? Dunno if it'll be a separate fight or if they'll update and change the base games final boss to give him Leviathan moves since that's the only Eikon he and Clive never used the powers of.
Well in main game Clive was an incomplete vessel, he didn't have all of the eikon powers so we may be looking at a entirely new ending given everything is completed

See here,

Non Bearers have like no resistances to anything, regular bearers and animals has resistances that non bearers don't but neither are remotely close to the levels of Aether resistances that Dominants have

I guess someone notable to mention would be Theodore, the man fought against hordes in an aetherflood and lasted a while before turning akashic and even after fully turning had enough will to briefly come back and kill himself

Adding onto this, Dion has an extra layer above other Dominants since Benedikda and Hugo didn't have strong enough wills to control their Eikons once Clive took their powers whereas Dion was able to maintain complete control of Bahamut, and Clive is a layer above him since Ultima was able to break Dions will and drive him into a bloodlusted frenzy yet ultimately is unable to break Clives will and is soundly beaten by him because of it.

Well in main game Clive was an incomplete vessel, he didn't have all of the eikon powers so we may be looking at a entirely new ending given everything is completed
Yeah that's what I'm starting to think will happen, don't think the ending will change too much (I think Clive will still die in order to let the world move on without magic and the blight) but since Clive will finally get the last Eikon he needs to be fully complete then I think the final boss itself will be different and some details of the ending will change.

Btw, I recieved FFXIII on XBOX360 today, started playing it for the first time (no, I never actually played the game, I played XIII-2 and Lightning Returns before XIII but I know the plot and all the backstories and characters).

So I'm basically doing XVI and XIII at the same time. It feels REALLY weird

Btw, I recieved FFXIII on XBOX360 today, started playing it for the first time (no, I never actually played the game, I played XIII-2 and Lightning Returns before XIII but I know the plot and all the backstories and characters).

So I'm basically doing XVI and XIII at the same time. It feels REALLY weird
Doing a goated game and dogshit game at the same time is weird yeah

Doing a goated game and dogshit game at the same time is weird yeah
Which one is which though? 👀

Though if XIII is the dogshit one, honestly I would disagree. It's far from perfect or as good as older FF but I really like the setting, the music are great and for the characters, I really like Lightning and several others in the XIII saga (Noel, Caius, Serah, Bhunivelze). XIII is still not that great though

Got past the first time skip, that battle against Typhos was pretty great. I'm kind of surprised Ultima showed up that early though, I mean I knew characters like Joshua would be aware of him before Clive but I thought he would more hinted than outright shown before near the end or at least the last part. After all, the guy is something totally different, the rest of the game is basically low-fantasy Game of Thrones and suddenly you have that thing that looks just plain wrong even counting the Eikons. Also, I was prepared but Cid dying was pretty sad considering how good the character is

Btw, I'm already dealing with Barnabas/Odin but I wonder if someone is already doing Shiva/Jill cause I like her and I would be interested in making her profile. I also wish we had more Eikons. Like, imagine what we could have done with Diabolos, an Eikon of gravity could have been so cool.

Which one is which though? 👀

Though if XIII is the dogshit one, honestly I would disagree. It's far from perfect or as good as older FF but I really like the setting, the music are great and for the characters, I really like Lightning and several others in the XIII saga (Noel, Caius, Serah, Bhunivelze). XIII is still not that great though
XIII, dungeon and bosses are bad

Finished fighting Kupka.

He has a pretty versatile skillset, with a lot of focus over crystals (creating armor and gauntlets of crystals, projecting them, explosions, shockwaves), he can dive into the ground, create massive shockwaves and so on. He can also call forth Titan's hands (don't know what that would be abilities-speaking)

Titan fight. Titan naturally has a lot of earth-based powers along with crystals, can create forcefields and regenerated Kupka's hands (so Low-Mid). He's also much larger than Ifrit, who is already far larger than normal human being so if Ifrit is like Type 0, Titan is type 1. And he also has absorption for absorbing the crystal's energy.

Titan Risen is...just so huge I'm honestly tempted to give him Type 4 but he's more likely 3. He sprouts tentacles (so Body Control and Additional Limbs I would say).

Feats aside, the whole fight was amazing. It was awesome in at least dozens of ways, a pure spectacle of absurd badassery. My only slight complaint would be the music, modern song felt weird and I was expected something more along the line of Find Your Flame but it was incredible nonetheless.
I'm split on Hugo as a character though. His powers are extremely cool, his design both as a human and Titan are great and the concept of the super strong and imposing character being a financial expert was cool. But in the game itself, he's basically a pawn and a brute. Except in two scenes, he has no depths and he's short-sighted and childish. Honestly, it's a waste of a character, could have been a lot better if he was genuine strategist and planner like the promo said he would be.

Titan fight. Titan naturally has a lot of earth-based powers along with crystals, can create forcefields and regenerated Kupka's hands (so Low-Mid). He's also much larger than Ifrit, who is already far larger than normal human being so if Ifrit is like Type 0, Titan is type 1. And he also has absorption for absorbing the crystal's energy.

Titan Risen is...just so huge I'm honestly tempted to give him Type 4 but he's more likely 3. He sprouts tentacles (so Body Control and Additional Limbs I would say).

Feats aside, the whole fight was amazing. It was awesome in at least dozens of ways, a pure spectacle of absurd badassery. My only slight complaint would be the music, modern song felt weird and I was expected something more along the line of Find Your Flame but it was incredible nonetheless.
I'm split on Hugo as a character though. His powers are extremely cool, his design both as a human and Titan are great and the concept of the super strong and imposing character being a financial expert was cool. But in the game itself, he's basically a pawn and a brute. Except in two scenes, he has no depths and he's short-sighted and childish. Honestly, it's a waste of a character, could have been a lot better if he was genuine strategist and planner like the promo said he would be.
I've got the height calculations and the other AP and speed in my blogs
Ifrit and Titan and Type 1
Titan lost is Type 3

lol I completely forgot Eikons have regeneration, need to add that to the dominant sandbox (And to make it clear it's only something that can do while in Eikon form, they ain't regrowing eyes and limbs in human form)

Also Ultima's mind manipulation is even more cracked than I initially thought it was, working on a sandbox for his profile and never realized he straight up removes Clive's mind from his body to drag it into his dimension during the Typhon fight. I thought the whole thing was a mental thing inside his own head like when he accepted he was Ifrit but nope straight up separated his mind from his body.

Also Ultima's mind manipulation is even more cracked than I initially thought it was, working on a sandbox for his profile and never realized he straight up removes Clive's mind from his body to drag it into his dimension during the Typhon fight. I thought the whole thing was a mental thing inside his own head like when he accepted he was Ifrit but nope straight up separated his mind from his body.
Oh damn😭😭

Tearing reality should be reality warping too
Hmmm yeah maybe, wasn't sure on that since he's not really warping reality he's just tearing a hole in it.

Also a question for everyone, for Ultima's profile should we just put "Has all the powers of (Insert the names and links of all the Dominants profiles)" with scans explaining why he has all their abilities, or do we go the full mile and list all of those abilities on his profile anyway?

Also a question for everyone, for Ultima's profile should we just put "Has all the powers of (Insert the names and links of all the Dominants profiles)" with scans explaining why he has all their abilities, or do we go the full mile and list all of those abilities on his profile anyway?
Just list the names

People who list all the abilities only do that because they like seeing their characters have a shit ton of abilities anyways

I agree with Hyper to

On my part, haven't advanced on XVI since the last time, I'm trying to get further in XIII since I feel like I'm not even at the half-point. In any case, I wanted to know who's dealing with which characters in general. I'm do Barnabas/odin and Dust is doing Bahamut and Ultima at least possibly Clive but I don't know if other characters have been mentionned (I'm personally interested in Jill/Shiva and maybe Kupka/Titan)

Back