• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

FICTIONAL FIGHTS EPISODE 3 - Danny Phantom VS Jake Long

Status
Not open for further replies.
At first, I wasn't going to do this one because I thought Danny stomps, but then I remembered most of his powers are related to ectoplasm which is effective towards ghosts, but Jake of course, isn't a ghost. Now his ectoplasmic blast did hurt Tucker but Tucker rose his hand up right after and said he was okay so it obviously didn't do much. Then I thought Jake stomped because of his fire breath, but then Danny has ice breath! So c'mon let's find out who would really win!

Danny VS Jake

He's from that disney cartoon "American Dragon" I Think.

But here, His tier is unknown whlie Danny is City-Block Level+

So don't see how this would be a fair fight.

Undylan said:
He's from that disney cartoon "American Dragon" I Think.

But here, His tier is unknown whlie Danny is City-Block Level+

So don't see how this would be a fair fight.

Jake doesn't have anything on his profile because nobody bothers to watch the show again XD If Danny's powers affected everything the same as it affect ghosts then it would be unfair.

Danny can hurt living people as a ghost. Even the intro has danny pushing his bully into the locker. So he can hurt the living with his ghost powers i think.

It's been a long time since i watched it tho but still.

Undylan said:
Danny can hurt living people as a ghost. Even the intro has danny pushing his bully into the locker. So he can hurt the living with his ghost powers i think.

Well he can, but it has little to no effect. When Danny first discovered he could shoot ectoplasmic beams from his hands he hurt Desiree and moments later when he went to high five Tucker, he accidentally hit Tucker with the beam and Tucker was perfectly fine.

Now, I haven't seen these episodes in a while, but how exactly did Danny fend off Freakshow, Valerie or the Guys in White if his attacks can't harm human beings?

The Everlasting said:
Now, I haven't seen these episodes in a while, but how exactly did Danny fend off Freakshow, Valerie or the Guys in White if his attacks can't harm human beings?
I watched the episodes with Freakshow this morning. Danny did hit Freakshow with an ectoplasmic blast (Right in the face too!) But it had the same effect as it did on Tucker. It knocked him over but he stood up just a couple seconds later as if nothing happened.

With the Guys in White and the attacks he used to actually defeat Freakshow, they were non-ectoplasmic attacks and the ones that were, he used to knock stuff over onto Freakshow rather than using a direct hit.. The second time he beat Freakshow was after Freakshow used the gauntlet to turn himself into a ghost. Danny then caught him in the Fenton thermos.

I'm still rewatching the series though so there's still a chance a moment where Danny beats a human with an ectoplasmic attack could pop up.

LeopoldTheBrave said:
Undylan said:

Well he can, but it has little to no effect. When Danny first discovered he could shoot ectoplasmic beams from his hands he hurt Desiree and moments later when he went to high five Tucker, he accidentally hit Tucker with the beam and Tucker was perfectly fine.
Hitting Tucker with that was just a gag feat since it's a cartoon.

This ^

Jake could fight stitch in a crossover so he should be around building to city block level

Kkapoios said:
This ^

Jake could fight stitch in a crossover so he should be around building to city block level
Hm that's right! I have yet to rewatch American Dragon, I'm nearly done rewatching Danny Phantom.

Hitting Tucker with that was just a gag feat since it's a cartoon.

I still have to figure out a logical reason for how Danny's attacks work. EVERY time he hits a human it does next to nothing to them, yet he can destroy landscapes with it.

It's a cartoon that's why humans may survive his attack, nickelodeon wouldn't do something like permanently hurt someone in the show (it's for kids).

Danny should take this due to hax and vast amount of abilities, ice manipulation, ecto blasts ,ecto constructs, duplication ,flight, intangibility ,invisibility ,his ghostly scream ,possesion etc.

Kkapoios said:
It's a cartoon that's why humans may survive his attack, nickelodeon wouldn't do something like permanently hurt someone in the show (it's for kids).

Danny should take this due to hax and vast amount of abilities, ice manipulation, ecto blasts ,ecto constructs, duplication ,flight, intangibility ,invisibility ,his ghostly scream ,possesion etc.
I do think Danny might take this too so don't think I'm trying to put things in Jake's favor, but the "It's a kids show" isn't really an excuse. Many characters are constantly seen throughout the show getting scratches, bruises, burns, and other injuries. None of which are caused by Danny's ectoplasmic attacks. Plus characters in other shows with the same demographic like The Last Airbender or Teen Titans constantly get kicked around and get other injuries.

Danny has caused countless times damage to normal non-ghost matter ,so it's logical to say he can harm human's since they are made from normal matter.

If you know any good feats of jake i can calc them.

After rewatching all of Danny Phantom I have now made it to American Dragon. So even from episode 1 his fire is hot enough to melt steel beams. He knocked over a small water tower by melting the beams with his fire.... Jake Long did 9/11

Now in episode 2 his tail sliced through a sewer pipe in a swift motion, and Jake did that by complete accident. Not looking good for Danny.

At first I was like, oh Danny is a ghost, everything physical will just go right through him. But Skulker hit him with a baseball which means physical stuff only phases through Danny if he consciously makes himself intangible, it doesn't just happen because he's a ghost.

I really want Danny to win... crap...

It would be better if you show me feats from both heroes so i can calc them, this would make things pretty clear.

Not the best animation ,but it's something.

Keep uploading their feats here and once i find enough time (probably on wednesday) i will calc them and post a blog.

Kkapoios said:
Not the best animation ,but it's something.

Keep uploading their feats here and once i find enough time (probably on wednesday) i will calc them and post a blog.
The animation is better, my screen capturing program is just laggy

This isn't really something that needs to be calculated, but it is an interesting feat.

FF Jake Feat. Skilled in fighting even while in base form
FF Jake Feat. Skilled in fighting even while in base form.-0

Kkapoios said:
I will post a blog tomorrow (i have to go to sleep now)
Alright, and I'll keep finding feats I only have 12 episodes left to watch in the series. It's also worth noting that Jake is trained in his powers and is super experienced. Danny has only had training for his ice ability. I may have to go back and double check to see if Danny has had any other training , But yeah it's not looking good for Danny right now.

I depends , it would be better if we let the numbers decide this.I have found a danny respect thread so i will do calcs for him from there.If you can, upload a video with jake melting steal beams ( i want to compare danny's ice and jake's fire).

This paragraph sums up my thoughts on this battle pretty well.

The only advantages Jake would have over Danny is speed, and exprience. It's true Danny has improved throughout the seasons, but unlike Jake, Danny only got his powers at 14, Jake was born with his powers, so pretty much everyone should agree with this.

Unfortunity those two advantages would not be enough for Jake to win, Danny would be the most likely winner. He's slightly stronger (Danny can lift 30 tons, Jake can lift 25 tons), more durable, and has more of a variety of powers/abilities, not to mention his ghost powers, being able to turn intangible, Jake wouldn't be able to hit him, while he's like that. Then there's Danny's more ranged attacks. You might point out, that Danny would revert back to his Human form making him vulnerable, drained of power, but that was only back in the earlier seasons, in the later seasons, he's manage to have more control of his powers, such as being able to use his Ghostly Wail as much as he could.

In the end, Danny takes this.

It would be better to present calcs to justify the strength difference (if there is any ,since we don't know exacly how powerful jake is )

Lifting Strength does not equal striking strength, anyways I'll have the melting steel and another feat uploaded soon, I gotta head off to math class!

I'm back! I should also mention Jake has a slight durability advantage, not really meaning he can survive harder hits, but he can stay in dragon form no matter how many times he gets hit. The only times he is forced to change back is when he's trapped in something specifically designed to remove magic like the huntsman's net, or that potion he accidentally drank before fighting the Nyx. Jake has even been knocked unconscious while staying in his dragon form.

About Danny's intangibility. It would only help with defense since he obviously wouldn't be able to do any physical attacks due to them phasing through stuff. Only his ectoplasmic attacks could do anything while intangible. But like I stated before, Ectoplasm only useful against ghosts. The most it does to humans is a slight burn and knockback. Jake's dragon scales give him a resistance to burns. Trust me, I don't want Jake to win either. This show is making me cringe, but for some reason I just see Jake having the edge due to his experience with all mythical, mystical, and supernatural creature. Danny is mainly only used to ghosts and humans.

FF Jake Feat
FF Jake Feat. Melting Steel, Slicing Sewer Pipe

Oh look Season 2 episode 19 XD Of course I come across this one RIGHT AFTER I write a long-@$$ comment XD Here's Jake beating ghosts. It should be noted that the ghosts were intangible to the humans but Jake could still hit them. I'm not going to exaggerate this and say Danny's intangibility wouldn't work on Jake, but it should still be noted.

FF Jake Feat. Jake can harm and defeat ghosts
FF Jake Feat. Jake can harm and defeat ghosts.

Ghosts in Jake Long are not the same as ghosts in Danny Phantom.

Also, just a funny thing I found out, Danny does have a little skill in swordsmanship, as he duels Vlad in "Infinite Realms".

Finally (For the moment at least), does Jake have resistence to possession? Because Danny's Overshadowing has worked on quite a lot of creatures, not just humans. Danny can also teleport in "What You Want" and "Reality Trip" and have certain parts of his body become immune to hard by effectively seperating them (Mystery Meat, Pirate Radio, Shades of Gray).

The Everlasting said:
Ghosts in Jake Long are not the same as ghosts in Danny Phantom.

Also, just a funny thing I found out, Danny does have a little skill in swordsmanship, as he duels Vlad in "Infinite Realms".

Finally (For the moment at least), does Jake have resistence to possession? Because Danny's Overshadowing has worked on quite a lot of creatures, not just humans. Danny can also teleport in "What You Want" and "Reality Trip" and have certain parts of his body become immune to hard by effectively seperating them (Mystery Meat, Pirate Radio, Shades of Gray).
I'm still watching the series and so far there haven't been any possession attempts against Jake yet so I'm unsure. But even in Danny Phantom some characters are able to fight off possession for brief moments at least. Jack was able to break free from Vlad's possession for a few moments to warn Maddie, When Tucker was possessed by a ghost and Danny went into Tucker, he got pushed out. But that's probably just because of the ghost already possessing Tucker instead of Tucker's own will.

Well, Danny's possession even works on half-ghosts like Vlad (Eye for an Eye), animals like rats (Micro Management) and even data (Teacher of the Year) for crying out loud. I believe it all depends on if Jake possesses a very great level of willpower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back