• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danny Phantom vs Satoru Gojo (3-3-7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cursed Energy in and of itself is the manefistation of humanity's negative emotions, which is literally what Danny is. Six Eyes should be able to see him and understand his techniques work.
You'd need verse equalization for something like this

After doing some research, it doesn't seem like Danny has any answer to Infinity at all

Infinity works by dividing the space between the user and the attack into infinitely smaller fractions, thus preventing the user from being hit. However, this doesn't slow the attack down, this actually stretches the amount of distance between him and an attack. As Danny's ecto-blasts still follow the laws of physics in the sense that they have a speed stat and need to travel through conventional space in order to hit things, this should also work
Curtain substances were able to bypass Infinity from what I have read in other threads.
Before you claim that these blasts would bypass space hax due to not being physical objects, picture this: If Danny uses an ecto blast against Gojo and it straight up ignored Infinity, then that attack would go from like sub rel (Danny's base speed) to infinite once it comes into contact with Infinity, since it needs infinite speed in order to travel that amount of distance in the first place. But why would the attack jump in speed just because it's encountering a space-based attack? That wouldn't make much sense
This is literally not how it works, you don't need speed amps to bypass space. This list like saying I should get infinite speed for a hax ability like teleportation... Ectoplasmic energy simply can be used to bypass close off dimensions that one physically travel through, effectively allowing it to travel Interdimensional range but that doesn't require speed.
With this in mind, the fact that Danny Phantom characters don't have infinite speed means they still do follow the standard speed formula when moving or launching attacks, meaning Infinity works. I don't think Danny can really land anything. All of his attacks can be countered by Infinity
Your logic doesn't work as I explained above, speed is not mandatory when something has properties of going through space that is closed off.
That's definitely a fair point, and no, JJK characters aren't abstracts, but like you mentioned, there's nothing stopping Gojo from destroying his physical body, in which if Danny regens, Gojo just pulls out Purple/UV which eventually incaps him
And that's why I counted the votes for Gojo based on this reason
Cursed Energy in and of itself is the manefistation of humanity's negative emotions, which is literally what Danny is. Six Eyes should be able to see him and understand his techniques work. Even if this is the case, Danny still can't bypass infinity due to the reasons I mentioned above
Two things being emotions are irrelevant when one is abstract/conceptual type 1 in nature and the other isn't, so no, Gojo shouldn't be able to analyze him like normal curse energy techniques. Ectoplasmic Energy/Danny Phantom Ghosts are to different from Curse Energy/JJK Ghosts, you'd need more evidence for that comparison to work. I also explained why the reasoning regarding infinite speed doesn't work
TLDR Danny doesn't have an option to use against Infinity. Gojo's genius intelligence and Six Eyes will tell him pretty quickly that Blue, Red, and Purple don't work, and he doesn't really have anything else left to do except UV, which he probably will use.
I respectfully disagree with the portion regarding infinity and six eyes but alright.

Curtain substances were able to bypass Infinity from what I have read in other threads.
How does this work?
This is literally not how it works, you don't need speed amps to bypass space. This list like saying I should get infinite speed for a hax ability like teleportation... Ectoplasmic energy simply can be used to bypass close off dimensions that one physically travel through, effectively allowing it to travel Interdimensional range but that doesn't require speed.
Ectoplasmic energy has never shown to be or stated to be able to do this in the series or on their profiles. There's also really nothing implying that it actually can bypass closed off dimensions, something that Infinity isn't.
Your logic doesn't work as I explained above, speed is not mandatory when something has properties of going through space that is closed off.
Except that's not really how infinity works. It's not a closed off barrier, it just effectively increases the distance required in order to reach him, meaning that a projectile like Ectoplasm blasts should be affected due to its nature of being a projectile
And that's why I counted the votes for Gojo based on this reason
that's fair
Two things being emotions are irrelevant when one is abstract/conceptual type 1 in nature and the other isn't, so no, Gojo shouldn't be able to analyze him like normal curse energy techniques. Ectoplasmic Energy/Danny Phantom Ghosts are to different from Curse Energy/JJK Ghosts, you'd need more evidence for that comparison to work. I also explained why the reasoning regarding infinite speed doesn't work
Except you have to understand why Ghosts are considered abstracts in the first place. Ghost are considered to have abstract existence due to being made out of pure emotional energy and can't normally be interacted with in the physical world, meaning they need physical energy in order to be interacted with.

Cursed Energy is extremely similar in this regard, minus the fact that they can't be interacted with in the physical world. However, the fact that A. Ghosts need a physical body in order to interact with the physical world, and B. the fact that ectoplasm energy can affect the real world by causing collateral damage and harming humans, so if Danny is physically manifested, Gojo shouldn't have any problem analyzing his energy and understanding his moves.

How does this work?
Not sure, other matches I've seen made weird arguments that toxic gas could but I wasn't sure on that which is why I didn't mention it.
Ectoplasmic energy has never shown to be or stated to be able to do this in the series or on their profiles. There's also really nothing implying that it actually can bypass closed off dimensions, something that Infinity isn't.
That's incorrect given it's shown that ectoplasmic energy can reach across dimensions when physical objects can't, it's already accepted and on the ghost physiology page so you saying it never did it in the series is false.
Except that's not really how infinity works. It's not a closed off barrier, it just effectively increases the distance required in order to reach him, meaning that a projectile like Ectoplasm blasts should be affected due to its nature of being a projectile
I never said that's what Infinity was. I'm saying that since the Ghost Zone and Human World are separated universes of infinite size but when seeing the other side ghosts can send their ectoplasmic energy across the dimension to the other despite their forms being incapable of passing through it. Meaning they can pass through dimensions despite the distance between them, giving them a form of dimensional travel/Interdimensional range. Infinity is creating infinite space between the two of them, when Danny sees he can't physically punch Gojo, he can send out his energy and it would be capable of passing through Infinity given ghost energy can bypass space given they can send it across dimensions through close off windows in space (effectively bypassing the physical space between them). Heck the Ghost Zone is just a massive hunk of ectoplasmic energy and it can rip holes through space and time passively.
Except you have to understand why Ghosts are considered abstracts in the first place. Ghost are considered to have abstract existence due to being made out of pure emotional energy and can't normally be interacted with in the physical world, meaning they need physical energy in order to be interacted with.

Cursed Energy is extremely similar in this regard, minus the fact that they can't be interacted with in the physical world. However, the fact that A. Ghosts need a physical body in order to interact with the physical world, and B. the fact that ectoplasm energy can affect the real world by causing collateral damage and harming humans, so if Danny is physically manifested, Gojo shouldn't have any problem analyzing his energy and understanding his moves.coutld
You have to understand that ghosts/ghost energy can still interact with physical objects even while intangible, they just need to tune it to do so. In "What You Want", Danny tried his first time not trying to harm a physical object with his energy and fired a solid energy beams that passed through a humans skull without causing them physical damage to which Danny was happy about despite previously praying it worked. In "Public Enemies", Danny coats his hands in ectoplasmic energy hits two humans possessed by ghosts and despite hitting the humans with enough force to send the ghosts flying out their bodies, the humans barely moved and felt no pain. In "Frightmare", Danny fired an energy blast that phased through the floor without causing destruction but could hit Nocturne who was tangible at the time and sent him into a physical object. Even in the case of other ghosts, in "Attack of the Killer Garage Sale", Technus fires a blast that struck Danny's tangible form, Danny then turns intangible to phase through it but the attack still keeps pushing him and both fly through a wall without causing physical damage. Throughout the series ghosts have changed the properties of their ectoplasmic energy, turning into various elements, creating small scale weather effects and so on.

But yes, at their default state ghosts and their energy cannot interact with physical objects, however it's made clear in the verse that they can change the properties of their ghost energy as explained in verse and also shown in the ghost physiology page of the multiple applications of ectoplasmic energy various ghosts have shown that I made sure was linked on every ghosts page. As for them being "extremely similar", I respectfully disagree. Looking at Curse Energy Manipulation and Ghost Physiology (Danny Phantom) / Ectoplasmic Energy pages, it's clear they aren't similar enough. Ectoplasmic Energy/Ghost Energy is a mailable substance that can have it's properties and shaped changed, allowing ghosts to generate various elements (light, electricity, fire, and air), create small scale weather effects, manipulate objects in their area, affect a persons body on a molecular level and cause literal disease, cross through closed off windows in space, amplify the strength of the user. Ghosts use it to construct tangible bodies to interact with the real world, they can even construct their own homes/realms with this energy, it is currently considered 4-D in potency and it's source is a type 1 concept. I don't find these two energy systems similar enough.

then why are the votes incon in the first place?

does Danny just 1 shot through infinity?
Because as mentioned before, in my thoughts on the match that Danny's more likely to go with physical combat first, and as mentioned in other comments, Danny doesn't have curse energy so Gojo would be more cautious. Just because Danny can kill Gojo with an energy blast through Infinity doesn't mean that's the first thing that's going to happen 100% of the time.It's like me saying, well why are there inconclusive votes in the first place, doesn't Gojo just incapacitate with UV? You see the problem with that? It's completely ignoring everything else that could potentially happen.

Regardless, Grace Period is over if I'm not mistaken. I'll close this and add it to the profiles when able.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back