• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danny Phantom vs Satoru Gojo (3-3-7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Just looking for other matches for DP characters, saw this guy being used a lot and both have 8-A keys (had to change to Tier 7 Gojo), so let's see what happens. I don't know much about Gojo or his verse so this is going to be one of those matches where I can't realistically write out my thoughts, so I'll just cover any DP questions. Anyway, a Ghost Superhero vs a Jujutsu Sorcerer.

Match Rules
  • Both in Character
  • Speed is Equalized
  • Season 1 Danny Phantom/8-A vs Present Day Gojo
  • Starting Distance: 100 meters
  • SBA (Everything Else)
  • Battle Music (Breaking Free)

Danny Phantom: 3 (Reiner04, Nierre, G33kedzinx,

Satoru Gojo: 3 (Mickey1940, Arkenis, Spectra_Schiffer,

Inconclusive: 7 (LordGriffin1000, Planck69, Jamesthetaker, Zabazab, LuffyRuffy46307, Naitodesu, AdamVhenJP,

Last edited:
Danny has far better survivability and can't really be feasibly harmed by Gojo's regular kit. And his nature as an abstraction of a Type 1 concept might mean that Infinity likely can't defend against him.

On the flip side, Gojo can finish him with Unlimited Void should he manage to let it off and can maybe last long enough for Danny to be tired enough to return to his human state. But realistically, this is far less likely than them finishing each other off.

But of course, Danny can theoretically send his power through interdimensional windows and his attacks can harm targets on a molecular level.

Leaning on Danny for now but don't have a definitive answer.

Oh. Yeah, he's cooked. Either Danny just ignores Infinity and cooks him or it comes down to a battle of attrition and that interdimensional energy projection eventually comes into play.

I'll switch to the last key of Gojo then. Since Danny has reactive evolution that'll still keep the power relative.

He messes around because he believes he's invincible and can't be touched.

He's very likely to wait around and see what Danny will try to do before doing anything else.

What SunDaGamer said above is basically what he does when he feels like fighting seriously.

Ok, so if Danny goes first then he'll likely lead with hand to hand combat, and given Gojo's skill and the fact that Danny can't bypass Infinity with physical punches, he should have no trouble giving Danny the hands. I think the issue for Gojo is that while he's stronger, physical blows do nothing to Danny given his ghost physiology and he'll evolve to Gojo's level without a problem but the skill is still an issue but Danny's possession to use in close combat, and what I can tell since if Gojo swings to hit Danny or touches him while Danny has possession activated, it will pull Danny into Gojo's body without him needing to move since it's contact based.

Looking at his stamina, he can outlast Danny, although given Danny can go for hours unless he overexerts himself, I don't think this fight will last that long. For the range options, Unlimited Void looks like a solid win for Gojo, meanwhile, if he's confident in Infinity protecting him an Danny fires a energy attack, given it's abstract/conceptual type 1 nature that is even capable passing through closed off space separating dimensions, it should bypass Infinity. Other than that, their other abilities just counter or are ineffective on the other.

From what I can see, Gojo either lands Unlimited Void or eventually outlasts Danny. Or Danny lands possession while Gojo is giving him those hands and or he cooks him with ectoplasmic energy that will effect him on a molecular level. I'm going to go inconclusive at the moment.

Last edited:
Setting aside the fact that Gojo isn't opening with Unlimited Void, Danny cam just close the distance and also potentially just... fire off an ectoplasmic blast and bypass his defense.

If Danny blasts Gojo with ectoplasm he's just gonna regenerate with RTC since Gojo needs to use it constantly in order to maintain Infinity. It's extremely unlikely and out of character for Danny to kill him straight up, while the reverse isn't true for Gojo. if Gojo realizes that Danny can bypass Infinity and none of his other attacks put him down, he will immediately go for either Purple or Unlimited Void, which 1 shots due to these moves's dura negation + Soul Manip being able to affect Mahito, who is completely immune to non-Soul based attacks. He can affect Mahito since Gojo is capable of harming him, which requires Soul Manipulation. Before you say Low Godly counters this, the way Danny Phantom Ghosts utilize their Low Godly is by regenerating themselves through their willpower/disembodied consciousness/mind, which Unlimited Void competely ***** with, so he should be able to incap Danny long enough to count as a win.

Danny has no method of taking down Gojo for good unless he goes for Possession, which he doesn't really do, plus Gojo's enhanced Extrasensory Perception + Six Eyes allowing him to see Danny while invisible and immediately analyze what he's gonna do means he'll avoid it at all costs, which isn't difficult due to TP + afterimages

voting Gojo

If Danny blasts Gojo with ectoplasm he's just gonna regenerate with RTC since Gojo needs to use it constantly in order to maintain Infinity.
Danny's ectoplasmic attacks affect the mind (subconscious), body (molecular level), and soul. Gojo's regeneration is Mid.
It's extremely unlikely and out of character for Danny to kill him straight up, while the reverse isn't true for Gojo. if Gojo realizes that Danny can bypass Infinity and none of his other attacks put him down, he will immediately go for either Purple or Unlimited Void, which 1 shots due to these moves's dura negation + Soul Manip being able to affect Mahito, who is completely immune to non-Soul based attacks. He can affect Mahito since Gojo is capable of harming him, which requires Soul Manipulation. Before you say Low Godly counters this, the way Danny Phantom Ghosts utilize their Low Godly is by regenerating themselves through their willpower/disembodied consciousness/mind, which Unlimited Void competely ***** with, so he should be able to incap Danny long enough to count as a win.
Danny doesn't kill humans but he's not going to see Gojo as a human so I wouldn't say he'd be against blasting Gojo. Also Danny Phantom ghosts true selves are type 1 abstracts on a conceptual level, touching Mahito's soul is not good enough to touch Danny's. He'd only be able to affect the avatar (Danny's physical manifestation), Unless spirits in Gojo's verse are type 1 abstract/concepts.
Danny has no method of taking down Gojo for good unless he goes for Possession, which he doesn't really do, plus Gojo's enhanced Extrasensory Perception + Six Eyes allowing him to see Danny while invisible and immediately analyze what he's gonna do means he'll avoid it at all costs, which isn't difficult due to TP + afterimages
Not in character? Danny likes using possession on non ghost enemies to get what he wants. Considering Gojo isn't a ghost so Danny is actually inclined to use it. Also Six Sense says it sees curse stuff and analysis curse techniques. How does that allow him to understand the function of Danny because possession is simply Danny using intangibility, Gojo can't see the future, he'd only see Danny turning himself intangible to avoid an attack.
voting Gojo.
Adding vote.

Reading Danny's AE he creates a tangible body, and also Ghosts are human emotions, curse energy is basically that, Limitless can stop that so Danny won't be able to get close.

Reading Danny's AE he creates a tangible body, and also Ghosts are human emotions, curse energy is basically that, Limitless can stop that so Danny won't be able to get close.
He creates a tangible body but it's just an avatar, it's not his true self. That's not how it works. Both being emotions is irrelevant considering one is an abstract/concept type 1 while the other isn't. You'd have to prove they are on the same level.

He creates a tangible body but it's just an avatar, it's not his true self. That's not how it works. Both being emotions is irrelevant considering one is an abstract/concept type 1 while the other isn't. You'd have to prove they are on the same level.
Reading the description this sounds unusual, its type 1 for predating the ghost zone, but the human emotions come from the human world I assume? So how is this type 1 if its sourced from a world already? A bit confusing.

But okay so he can't interact with his true self but he can interact with the tangible body? This match doesn't really seem doable given his true self can't be interacted with, ghosts have low godly as well. Gojo doesn't really have a way of killing him. UV won't work either since it can't target type 1 AE beings and considering their undead they likely process information differently.

Reading the description this sounds unusual, its type 1 for predating the ghost zone, but the human emotions come from the human world I assume? So how is this type 1 if its sourced from a world already? A bit confusing.
Emotions as a whole are abstract and conceptual in DP, It predates the current reality in Danny Phantom (Ghost Zone and Human World) with the Ghost Zone and ghosts being shaped by it without it they lose themselves. The current humans simply possess this abstract concept that emotions (the source). Humans having it doesn't mean it's not a type 1 concept, it's just the source of everything in the current reality that humans have inherently and ghosts being this abstract concept can mine it from humans. A concept can exist before reality but just because it's now in the reality doesn't mean it's no longer a concept, I could try and word it better.
But okay so he can't interact with his true self but he can interact with the tangible body? This match doesn't really seem doable given his true self can't be interacted with, ghosts have low godly as well. Gojo doesn't really have a way of killing him. UV won't work either since it can't target type 1 AE beings and considering their undead they likely process information differently.
Danny's ectoplasmic body/manifestation can be interacted with, it has a consciousness, it's just Danny's true self is can't be touched. Danny's ghost form has a physical impact on his human form in terms of mental fatigue and stamina, one he runs out of juice, he transforms back and passes out as seen in the first episode of the series. Due to this connection, if Gojo uses Unlimited Void and messes with Danny Phantom's manifestation, it will have an impact on Danny Fenton, it just wouldn't reach Danny Phantom's true essence/self. This is what makes half ghosts different from full ghosts. It's mentioned on Danny Fenton's season 1 tabber Multiple Selves. So Gojo can still incap Danny Phantom because Danny Fenton's consciousness is tied to that manifestation untill they get separated or one overtakes the other like in Tucker Phantom's case.

voting for Gojo then. UV should come out once Gojo realizes he can't put Danny down regularly. And since he's human UV should still incap

I feel like Gojo will definitely be more willing to use UV, due to the nature of the fight. Danny's abilities being incredibly esoteric and different from what he's ever encountered before. Also considering the fact that Danny also doesn't use Cursed Energy, will also trigger Gojo to realize this guy isn't someone who he can afford to not take seriously from the jump.

I don't think he'll use UV right away at all, but more so analyze Danny's fighting style and abilities while also doing his best to avoid whatever standard tactics Danny employs in the battle. Can someone send me a clip on how Danny uses possession in combat, and his energy attacks? I'd check his profile but im on mobile atm, and mobile is... a travesty to say the least.

Anyway I say all thay to say that Gojo wouldnt be as trusting to Infinity just due to Danny's very strange abilities, and although he did take many risks in his fight against Sukuna, he did it under the understanding of the mechanics of CE, something Danny doesn't have here. Not voting yet.

Ghosts are human emotions, curse energy is basically that
Cursed Energy isn't a Type 1 Abstraction and they aren't the literal emotions themselves, they're sparked by emotions which is an important distinction because people like Toji and Maki can still have emotions without having any Cursed Energy because their bodies simply don't produce it.

I don't think he'll use UV right away at all, but more so analyze Danny's fighting style and abilities while also doing his best to avoid whatever standard tactics Danny employs in the battle. Can someone send me a clip on how Danny uses possession in combat, and his energy attacks? I'd check his profile but im on mobile atm, and mobile is... a travesty to say the least.
I only got some of the scans on Imgur but they aren't complex. Danny's possession is visually him just turning intangible and phasing into the target, it's not a complicated process. It's shown when the power was first seen, Danny is pulled into the target regardless of if he is actively trying not too, which is why I mentioned that if Gojo touches Danny while the latter has the power active, he's going to be pulled into Gojo's body when contact is made. Energy attacks are either standard beams or balls that can be fired from various ranged, used a small scale omnidirectional explosion wave, or he can just send of his energy to influence stuff around him (other ghosts do that last one far more than Danny does so it's out of character for Danny to just spawn his energy around a target).

I only got some of the scans on Imgur but they aren't complex. Danny's possession is visually him just turning intangible and phasing into the target, it's not a complicated process. It's shown when the power was first seen, Danny is pulled into the target regardless of if he is actively trying not too, which is why I mentioned that if Gojo touches Danny while the latter has the power active, he's going to be pulled into Gojo's body when contact is made. Energy attacks are either standard beams or balls that can be fired from various ranged, used a small scale omnidirectional explosion wave, or he can just send of his energy to influence stuff around him (other ghosts do that last one far more than Danny does so it's out of character for Danny to just spawn his energy around a target).
ohhh okay then yeah Danny FRA

Danny's ectoplasmic attacks affect the mind (subconscious), body (molecular level), and soul. Gojo's regeneration is Mid.
After doing some research, it doesn't seem like Danny has any answer to Infinity at all

Infinity works by dividing the space between the user and the attack into infinitely smaller fractions, thus preventing the user from being hit. However, this doesn't slow the attack down, this actually stretches the amount of distance between him and an attack. As Danny's ecto-blasts still follow the laws of physics in the sense that they have a speed stat and need to travel through conventional space in order to hit things, this should also work

Before you claim that these blasts would bypass space hax due to not being physical objects, picture this: If Danny uses an ecto blast against Gojo and it straight up ignored Infinity, then that attack would go from like sub rel (Danny's base speed) to infinite once it comes into contact with Infinity, since it needs infinite speed in order to travel that amount of distance in the first place. But why would the attack jump in speed just because it's encountering a space-based attack? That wouldn't make much sense

With this in mind, the fact that Danny Phantom characters don't have infinite speed means they still do follow the standard speed formula when moving or launching attacks, meaning Infinity works. I don't think Danny can really land anything. All of his attacks can be countered by Infinity

Danny doesn't kill humans but he's not going to see Gojo as a human so I wouldn't say he'd be against blasting Gojo. Also Danny Phantom ghosts true selves are type 1 abstracts on a conceptual level, touching Mahito's soul is not good enough to touch Danny's. He'd only be able to affect the avatar (Danny's physical manifestation), Unless spirits in Gojo's verse are type 1 abstract/concepts.
That's definitely a fair point, and no, JJK characters aren't abstracts, but like you mentioned, there's nothing stopping Gojo from destroying his physical body, in which if Danny regens, Gojo just pulls out Purple/UV which eventually incaps him

Not in character? Danny likes using possession on non ghost enemies to get what he wants. Considering Gojo isn't a ghost so Danny is actually inclined to use it. Also Six Sense says it sees curse stuff and analysis curse techniques. How does that allow him to understand the function of Danny because possession is simply Danny using intangibility, Gojo can't see the future, he'd only see Danny turning himself intangible to avoid an attack.
Cursed Energy in and of itself is the manefistation of humanity's negative emotions, which is literally what Danny is. Six Eyes should be able to see him and understand his techniques work. Even if this is the case, Danny still can't bypass infinity due to the reasons I mentioned above

TLDR Danny doesn't have an option to use against Infinity. Gojo's genius intelligence and Six Eyes will tell him pretty quickly that Blue, Red, and Purple don't work, and he doesn't really have anything else left to do except UV, which he probably will use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back