• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

FICTIONAL FIGHTS EPISODE 3 - Danny Phantom VS Jake Long

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Everlasting said:
Well, Danny's possession even works on half-ghosts like Vlad (Eye for an Eye), animals like rats (Micro Management) and even data (Teacher of the Year) for crying out loud. I believe it all depends on if Jake possesses a very great level of willpower.
Don't forget, he'd have to catch Jake first as well and you even stated how Jake has the speed advantage.

Still, if they engage in H2H, Danny's got this. Just intangible + invisible, then overshadow.

I honestly don't know if Jake actually does have a speed advantage or if that comment I posted earlier was accurate.

The Everlasting said:
Still, if they engage in H2H, Danny's got this. Just intangible + invisible, then overshadow.

I honestly don't know if Jake actually does have a speed advantage or if that comment I posted earlier was accurate.
I don't think there are any true calculations of their speed. It's pretty inconsistent throughout both series. There are times where Danny is too slow because plot, and in other episodes he reaches that same distance much faster. Same for Jake. So possession is Danny's best shot right now. Invisibility wouldn't work thanks to Jake's "Eye of the Dragon." Which lets him spot invisible things or see very far distances.

Well, as stated on Danny's page, Valerie's ghost gear allowed her to catch up to Danny's rocket in Phantom Planet, even when he had a head start. And in D-Stabilized, Vlad could keep up with Valerie's jet, and Danny beats Vlad to the curb on a semi-regular basis.

I really need to get to watching Jake Long don't I?

The Everlasting said:
Well, as stated on Danny's page, Valerie's ghost gear allowed her to catch up to Danny's rocket in Phantom Planet, even when he had a head start. And in D-Stabilized, Vlad could keep up with Valerie's jet, and Danny beats Vlad to the curb on a semi-regular basis.

I really need to get to watching Jake Long don't I?
Well you can if you want your eyes to burn... anyways I conveniently made it to an episode about possession, I'll be back in 21 minutes to see how it goes XD I'll upload a video if Jake is immune to it or manages to overcome it.

Nevermind, it was hypnosis from a siren's song, not possession. Even then, water was all it took for Jake to snap out of it.

We can't even see how much steel melt (can't calc it) and breaking a pipe whould be just wall level.

Kkapoios said:
How fast is jake?
It's impossible to tell, he usually has to fly long distances but it always cuts to his destination to save time for important parts of the episode or something, plus his speed is inconsistent anyways. Sometimes he flies so fast to save creatures it's like a blur, but sometimes he's slow so he can be too late because of plot. That's how it works for Danny too.

I will calc the sneezing when i have time , so far danny is at least 5 times more powerful (both attack potency and durability) than jake according to calcs.

I'll have some Jake durability feats uploaded soon, I'll have them all compiled into one video. He is durable enough to survive a lightning strike.

And then there's Vlad's Ghost Ray destroying several buildings in "Infinite Realms", and I'm pretty sure Danny has overpowered Vlad's Ghost Ray mutliple times (Still rewatching the series, will get to those episodes when I have time).

The Everlasting said:
And then there's Vlad's Ghost Ray destroying several buildings in "Infinite Realms", and I'm pretty sure Danny has overpowered Vlad's Ghost Ray mutliple times (Still rewatching the series, will get to those episodes when I have time).
I don't think Danny kicks Vlad to the curb though. Remember in Ultimate Enemy when Danny's ghost merged with Vlad's and Vlad took over it? Plus Danny was only able to fly that fast to space because he had the rocket, not his own speed. The first time Danny beat Vlad was only when Danny threatened to reveal their identities, so Vlad had no choice. The second time was when he tricked Vlad with that ghost zapping belt and sent Vlad's animal ghosts after him. Then there was when Jazz beat Vlad with that suit. I'm still watching over Danny one last time again, Mainly because I love it XD But I still don't think Danny is above Vlad's power just because he beat him a few times in situations that gave Danny the edge in the first place. But like I said, I'm watching over it again.

Kkapoios said:
Most of the feats you preasented on the video are around wall to wall+ level
Don't forget the wormhole thing though, they are similar to black holes in how they work. Would escaping the wormhole count towards speed or strength?

Wormholes can't be measured nor are they similar to black holes, jake seemed to be traveling at slow speeds and it may as well be an outlier or PIS.

Kkapoios said:
Wormholes can't be measured nor are they similar to black holes, jake seemed to be traveling at slow speeds and it may as well be an outlier or PIS.
I suppose so, what's a "PIS" though? Also keep in mind that even that calculations alone will not decide the winner. EVERY last aspect wil be covered. For Example, Frieza had more than enough power to put down Goku for good in the Namek saga, but he didn't because of his personality. He was too egotistical, cocky, and arrogant. Heh, that might actually be Jake's downfall Mr. Smackdaddy yo diggity dog talks too much XD

So for those unaware, Leopold made the episode and declared Jake to be the winner. His reasons being:

1. Jake has more experience as he's fought a wide variety of enemies and that Danny's only fought ghosts, claiming that Jake's fight with those old ghosts means he's very prepared for what Danny has to offer.

2. Danny's ectoplasmic powers don't work on humans or non ghosts.

3. He's never defeated Vlad.

4. "Jake has the superior fighting style, knowledge, experience, speed, strategic mind etc."

Now I'm even more disappointed seeing as how everyone ws arguing Danny would win and he ignored a number of points made in his final product, being that I made a hypothetical of my fight of my own as you see above, I heavily disagreed with him, and here are my arguments to this video below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jamtnIXQobI

Jake has fought ghosts in his universe but that doesn't mean he's completely prepared against Danny. The only thing the ghosts had were intangibility, and lacked the dozens of other powers Danny had. Plus, the ghosts of Jake's world were magical creatures, while Danny's ghost powers came from a science accident, not to mention most of the ghosts in Danny's world aren't deceased beings like the ones Jake fought, Danny himself is not a magical being. It's too big of an assumption to say that means Jake's immune to Danny's intangibility.

Danny did actually knock out and defeat the dragon in "Parental Bonding" before removing the amulet, he didn't have to remove it immediately to defeat Dragon Sam. He threw her nearly a mile to get enough time to overshadow his dad and beat her to submission to the point where after he wrapped her up in the fishing rod (the only purpose of which is to wrap up ghosts) She was knocked out. that arguably means Danny had more experience fighting someone like Jake and winning than in Jake's case, as you point out Danny stalls a lot in defeating his enemies to trap them in the Fenton Thermos, but that's EXACTLY what Jake did with the ghosts in his episode. He used the plot mcguffin to beat them rather than actual skill, not to mention Danny's physically beaten ghosts without having to trap them in the Fenton Thermos. The Dragon Danny fought has much more simlarities to Jake than the ghosts Jake fought. The only thing the ghosts had were intangibility and a little flight, which Jake was immune to because once again, magic. The dragon Danny defeated had super strength, speed, durability, and fire breathing. Which one sounds more applicable?

Danny not knowing about the weakness of Jake doesn't mean that he can't beat up Jake regularly with his super strength and ghostly powers. Jake's been knocked down by other attacks that don't rely on either of those things. He's not Superman where his durability is big enough to survive exploding cities. Plus Danny could easily exploit Jake's arrogance. Sure Jake knows when to get serious, but he's shown to be way more cocky with his abilities and by the time he gets serious it might be too late. If he's putting Jake at withstanding 400 lbs as strength or durability, Danny's shown to eclipse that a number of times.

"Danny's a ghost meant to fight ghosts." All right, if there was absolutely ZERO variety when it came to Danny's ghosts you might have something, except that Danny's ghosts still have super strength, flight, speed, and a variety of weapons and powers. Only thing that really makes them different from typical superhumans is their intangibility and ectoplasm, which some of the ghosts don't even utilize. It doesn't make Danny's strength and durability moot against anyone else.

Danny never defeating Vlad might be the biggest nerf on here. Vlad's had much more years to perfect his ghost powers and considering how close Danny's come to defeat him physically a number of times, that's pretty damn impressive, especially when he beat his future self (that was a combo of Danny and Vlad who's ghostly wail could take down a city wide ghost shield)
He also matched Vlad in combat a few times in infinite realms. Would Jake defeat Vlad in their first encounter? Probably not. Let's not forget that Jake's had to rely on his allies a number of times for his victories for foes such as the Dark Dragon. Focusing on Danny's constant losses to Vlad is still a lowball, especially the "he lost in an alternate timeline," excuse. Because Jake's NEVER struggled against people who have peak human abilities and know techniques and have weaponry designed to take him down before... oh wait, he has.

A number of Danny's ghost powers were not considered for the final result or the fight, such as overshadowing, spectral body manipulation, his healing factor, power augmentation, telekenesis, ghost shields, etc. Plus they have great destructive power. Danny was able to freeze the entire city in seconds.

It could be argued that Danny held back his ectoplasmic powers on the humans as well as Jazz with her blast, as they don't have kill codes. Plus Jazz only knocked out Vlad in deceit when he wasn't in his ghost powers, she can't defeat regular Vlad. Considering that a number of Danny's ecto charged attacks can emit flames and can break through metal, let's just say that not all the attacks are only damaging to ghosts.

Jake's training over Danny isn't that much of an advantage. They both got their powers around the same time and Jake's only trained for a couple years, while Danny's self taught enough to deal with skilled combatants in multiple weaponry, not to mention Danny's slightly older. If we're going by general knowledge, Danny takes it from his scientific experiences and the fact that he's older and had more education. Fighting style is debatable as they've both shown great combat in their super powered forms, Danny's even shown to be a good swordsman. But he chose the low end for Danny once again. Jake having the better strategic mind also lacked explanation and makes no sense, especially since he said that Danny's mind was one of his most powerful weapons in this fight (aside from all the powers he chose not to use that I listed above). Danny's shown to be a proficient leader and comes up with detailed plans on the spot, I'd say Danny either takes this given his experience and age or it's a tie.

Danny's had better speed showings than 112 mph than the plane feat. Plus Danny only went a short distance and he hadn't fully mastered his ghost powers yet.
He flew from 12,000 feet in the air back to earth in a few seconds... in the first episode. If we consider how high planes fly, he was knocked into the air about as high as an airplane flies in just a few seconds, which I can imagine requires a little more than just a few tons of pressure. Then there's the space station feat that he counted as PIS.

Really the only advantages I see Jake having are better trainers and not losing his dragon form when unconscious. Danny takes it in strength, durability, destructive capability, and offensive and defensive options. I don't think it's quite fair to give Jake the speed advantage when you consider my explanation above.

So with that long explanation, do you agree with my assessment of the fight, or Leopold's? I think the once we come to a general agreement we can count it on the respective notable victories and notable losses sections on their pages.

Going by everything "Meleemaster428" said and he with his ghostly Wale Did weaken dan phantom enough so he could capture him so danny has my vote

I think Danny wins because I believe in "Maternal Instincts" Danny flew faster than a space shuttle which can reach speeds of Mach 23 or 17,500 mph so I agree with Meleemaster.

What are the odds that you would post this while I was making a Danny vs thread. Coincidental, am I right? Any ways, this is concluded, right? Guess I'll close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back