• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

fiary tail : brandish island lifting calculated

Status
Not open for further replies.
We already have an accepted Island level calculation for Brandish though.

I once again find myself asking why people even bother with calcs for something that is pure hax. Though I guess a case by case policy should be applied.

Also, as @ Ant said we already have an accepted calc for this.

Well, I am beginning to turn uncertain if we should count the Brandish and Irene Belserio feats as hax or not?

Perhaps I should start a content revision thread regarding whether or not we should start to scale Fairy Tail characters from them?

Personally i think that it should be counted as hax, changing the size of her opponents shouldn't count as AP even if under different circumstances she can apply that energy, she doesn't really harm her opponents.

@Antvasima

I agree with @Kkapoios. They're hax plain and simple. Brandish cannot harm her opponents with her magic other than by altering the sizes of internal organs and her magic doesn't affect characaters with greater magic power than her - characters who are at best mountain level. And Irene's Universe One does not translate to AP at all. It is actually a form of BFR. Even Irene says that its very purpose is to relocate people. Plus it requires prep and is thus impractical in a real battle.

Well, shrinking an island, respectively a country, are feats that still require raw power to perform.

True. But we don't have any feats from Brandish to suggest she could shrink an entire country in one go or whether she might need prep. Even Irene, someone vastly more powerful than her, needed prep time to affect a country. And AOE does not always translate to AP with hax. She's already rated at 6-C via hax. We could bump her up to 6-B via hax once she gets such a feat (for which she might need prep going by Irene's showings). We just have to wait and see.

Soldier Blue said:
True. But we don't have any feats from Brandish to suggest she could shrink an entire country in one go or whether she might need prep. Even Irene, someone vastly more powerful than her, needed prep time to affect a country.
Pretty sure that's besides the point

Irene supposedly shrank a country, or so I seem to recall.

For which she needed prep and all it does is BFR people - as Irene herself decribed - and so does not scale to AP.

Well Brandish did decrease and then increase the volume of Lucy's attack.

[[1]]

[[2]]

not to mention that was all while holding back.

and when it comes to Irene she was preparing herself like what the battle of Gajeel vs Bradman after arrival of Levy actually even less cause if you think in the meantime she was also fighting Acnologia and while doing that she wasn't chanting anything and lets not forget as well she had to fly to Acnologia so her preparation was like what couple of seconds?

It is even prep time?

"Large Country level Environtmental Destruction via Universe One" seems more reasonable for me

@AidenBrooks999 That does seem better, yes.

actually i was thinking for FT improvment since we don't have Attack potency feats why not rank with durabilty or stamina (magical power i guess that's what it is) i mean consider Irene shrinking a large country, enchanting several hundred of thousand of soldiers, enchanting Neinhart to even greater lvl than before, talking about his magical power that is after he was defeated, attacked Acnologia with something that looks like a small meteor, changing the weather of an entier mountain, scared the cr** out of Mirajane with her magical energy and is beating up Erza and Wendy while holding back and even enchanted herself into wendy's body where her magical energy has decreased but she still seems like she isn't worried at all

P.S

as i said earlier if she can increase the volume of opponents attack wouldn't that allow her to be island lvl attack it's just an assumption thou because we know she held back against Lucy simple cause she wanted to trick Dimaria but except for her shrinking abilty we don't know how much she can increase still it seems kinda reasonable

I have changed the description on Irene's page from hax to environmental destruction.

What about Brandish abilty to decrease and increase opponents attack shouldn't she be able to do that to a island lvl potency or maybe if her enemy uses that kind of attack like Ban who is at least mountail lvl when facing that kind of foe.

And isn't her shrinking an island enviromental destruction too since she can just break it in her hand when she shrinks it?

i know i was thinking it should be enviromental destruction since i haven't seen her use that much strength on a persons or other persons attack.

While I agree that she should not get 6-C AP, she does deserve a 6-C rating for raw DC since she can shrink and destroy an island. It's DC via hax but it is DC nonetheless.

I will adjust the wording in Brandish's profile to environmental destruction as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back