• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Like we haven't really thought about it like this, but Yogiri's fate is like, even way more powerful than Medaka's old "The Hero" if you were around when that was accepted.

Literally if you had no resistance to plot or heavy fate stuff, it was usually "GG no re".

The text under his fate manip says the reason fate ends with him winning is because if he ''thinks'' he wants to kill someone they die. Which we already figured.

Not quite. Aoi literally saw with her ability that she would lose thorugh every possibility

Same thing with Yukimasa. The guy could control fate and the fate of people, but then Fate itself denied his actions and his ability just to make Yogiri win again

I have serious doubts on Yogiri being able to kill HR. If a High 1-C couldn't fully negate HR then I doubt a 2-B is gonna manage to kill it. ( at least going by the profile.)

The Prince of Counters said:
I have serious doubts on Yogiri being able to kill HR. If a High 1-C couldn't fully negate HR then I doubt a 2-B is gonna manage to kill it. ( at least going by the profile.)
Imagine Breaker couldnt fully negate Holy Right because of its constant supply of power coming from Fiamma, which is a weakness of IB. But Touma was still technically negating it

Oblivion Of The Endless said:
Not quite. Aoi literally saw with her ability that she would lose thorugh every possibility

Same thing with Yukimasa. The guy could control fate and the fate of people, but then Fate itself denied his actions and his ability just to make Yogiri win again
The Aoi passage on the profile gave that reasoning.

To oppose such a person, it was fate, it was an outline couldn't be a joke. It was absurd to even consider fighting that. Just by him thinking he wanted to kill, it was said that the opposing would die.'

Is there text about the Yogiri instance?

"Once she had become aware of it, she wasn't able to divert her consciousness, but just kept being exposed to the fear.
It was a dead end.
It was the destination where fate would always end up, there was nothing ahead there.
Everything was taking the form of that man there in the end.

That person stands until the end, as it was his demise.
No one was able to do anything beyond that person.
To oppose such a person, it was fate, it was an outline which couldn't not be a joke.
It was absurd to even consider fighting that."

I am sorry but, that doesn't sound like fate being in his side, just that he would always win. Which with his powers, is obviously not an hyperbole.

Even if you said "then why doesn't the fate stuff of the other people affect him?", then that just means he's resistant.

This seems less "fate is on his side" and more "no matter what you do he can kill you", but yeah, i'm not an expert in ToAru, much less ID.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
I am sorry but, that doesn't sound like fate being in his side, just that he would always win. Which with his powers, is obviously not an hyperbole.
Even if you said "then why doesn't the fate stuff of the other people affect him?", then that just means he's resistant.
"Takatou Yogiri's like him, you can't kill an existence whose destiny value is high. He won't die if he was shot by Sugitani Zenjubo, he doesn't die if he fights on the front line amongst the soldiers, and he doesn't die if you attack recklessly in the canyon. From the enemy's point of view, it's just a cheat. But, there is a way to kill him even if he's like that." (Aoi) (ED: Sugitani Zenjubo was a ninja of debatable origin who attempted to snipe Nobunaga. After his failed assassination attempt, he went into hiding, but was later found and executed.)

"Is that similar to the Honnoji incident?" (Hanakawa)

"Yes. In order to kill the existence that is protected by fate, we must use destiny. Just trying to kill him in a blatant way is no good. That is, if he dies here, the surroundings will get more dramatic and rouse up. Fate prefers more interesting situations. I will create a situation where his death is more interesting." (Aoi)

Does that actually happen at all? Like, him dying when interesting things happen? Becuase otherwise, that could easily be interpreted as "fate" being the fact that he was left with such powers. And indeed, no matter what anyone could do, I don't see them circumventing the Sensing Threats->Thought-based Death Manip, which can work on things and people both.

Also... huh, if that's enough for fate manip, Sengoku Youko may actually get it.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Does that actually happen at all? Like, him dying when interesting things happen? Becuase otherwise, that could easily be interpreted as "fate" being the fact that he was left with such powers. And indeed, no matter what anyone could do, I don't see them circumventing the Sensing Threats->Thought-based Death Manip, which can work on things and people both.
Also... huh, if that's enough for fate manip, Sengoku Youko may actually get it.
The "thing dying when interesting stuff happens" is a thing that happens to existence whose destiny value is high. Examples being Sword Saints like Rick (Instant Death)

And yet Aoi discovered (in the worst way) that altering destiny and creating interesting situations with her own fatehax/plothax wasnt enough to overpower his fate protection or take him down

At that point it is sounding much less like fate protection and much more like outright resistance. Because if fate is more or less not acting like she's used to seeing it, is it actually fate or Yogiri disregarding fate?

Granted it doesn't change much, either Yogiri wins or this is an Incon for Fiamma.

... that statement is kinda contradicted within the same sentence. "He's protected by Fate but we can kill him with destiny." Fate and Density are interchange terms.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
At that point it is sounding much less like fate protection and much more like outright resistance. Because if fate is more or less not acting like she's used to seeing it, is it actually fate or Yogiri disregarding fate?
Granted it doesn't change much, either Yogiri wins or this is an Incon for Fiamma.
We accept it as both resistance and Yogiri having fate manipulation of his own. Because he's stated to be protected by fate and be a "high destiny value existence"

The Prince of Counters said:
... that statement is kinda contradicted within the same sentence. "He's protected by Fate but we can kill him with destiny." Fate and Density are interchange terms.
Aoi's main ability is to take down people who is protected by fate by manipulating the "between the lines" of fate itself

She is like, someone who can kill people with fate stuff by manipulating their fate stuff. Its weird

Doesn't seem like fate manip because it references how insurmountable his death hax is whenever it refers to the "always win" bit.

Is high destiny value existence actually about fate bending over backwards for you, or about great power making you extremely influencial in fate? Because if the girl saw all "possibilities", then they are obviously a thing and fate isn't fixed or unmalleable.

Like, does anything point towards it the first one being the definition?

How exactly is instant death being mentioned later on, when fate gets involved, negate him being stated to be protected by fate?

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Is high destiny value existence actually about fate bending over backwards for you, or about great power making you extremely influencial in fate? Because if the girl saw all "possibilities", then they are obviously a thing and fate isn't fixed or unmalleable.
Like, does anything point towards it the first one being the definition?
Yes

Why they gotta torment my curious side and not show some sure fire combo not being enough because of fate shenanigans? Like how it works and stuff?

Uuuuuuugh, damn fictioooooon

Does op not read the rules ? This would end a stomp either way why the **** are u still adding votes

It's not inconclusive, inclusive is when both arguments have reasonable chance and so it's 50/50 this is really not the case

If the argument are for both "blitz to death" by definition of the server rule is stomp , stop adding votes or close this, or if u really don't want I can call a mod

Im pretty sure since this is a "They both one shot at the same time" its Incon thats quite common here.

Well, I'm arguing that since fiamma doesn't have a counter to fate manipulation, Yogiri wins.

Idk if he stomps, but he wins via fate and ID.

Edit:

Yogiri FRA

So, this is a stomp?

Couldn't Fiamna still kill Yogiri if he was faster, making this not a stomp?

Livinmeme said:
okay this is happen fiamna thinks to kill yogiri but after he thinks ID activate
Fiamma doesn't need to think though? HR act on its own regardless of what Fiamma think. He can stop it in a certain situation though.

Back