• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Okay so Noel, Serah, Etro's Light Lightning, Caiuss and Snow are all listed as Sub Relativistic via scaling from transformed Gilgamesh.

But transformed Gilgamesh is FTL+, this applies to FFV as well.

I will inform The Everlasting about this.

Huh... can't believe Ever and I missed this.

This would naturally scale to the cast of FF V as well, as they fought in that state.

We can make the changes after the Striking Strength Revision is over.

@Gargoyle

His base form is the 5-A Version, they later fight him in his transformed state, which as you stated is FTL via scaling to Squall's feats.

@Gargoyle

Because transformed Gilgamesh appears in multiple games. Thus it's the higher end when many FF games he appears in top out at 5-A.

@Gargoyle

Who's scaled to Squall and co. The justification comes from his ability to one-shot a foe that can take Squall's party dead-on.

@Reppuzan You and The Everlasting can make the changes earlier if you have the time and energy.

Okay let's just start from the beginning here. Squall and co. are on par with Eden who is 3C as you explained. So why is the FF8 party possibly 3C when on par with a positively 3C?

@Gargoyle

I haven't played VIII, so I can't give you a definitive answer on that, but that might be something else we need to change.

Honestly, I don't have problems with the FFVIII cast (And those who get scaling from it by extension) being straight-up 3-C. The "At least 5-A, possibly 3-C" was more of a precautionary measure, but one I'm not particularly fond of anymore.

Base Gilgamesh would still be 5-A and Sub-Relativistic by scaling from the cast of FFVI, so there's not much change there.

Two Arms Gilgamesh appeared in Final Fantasy: 1, 4, 5, 6 and 15.

Six Arms Gilgamesh appeared in Final Fantasy: 12 and 13.

Eight Arms Gilgamesh appeared in Final Fantasy: 5, 8 and 14.

So have we agreed to make the changes? Ant said we don't need to wait.

So FFV and 13 go to FTL+ and possibly get changed to being straight up 3C

I think there is not such big difference between six armed and eight armed Gilgamesh so:

Final Fantasy 1, 4, 5, 6 and 15 scales to Base Gilgamesh (Who is Large Planet level via the recurring Large Planet level feats from these games and the Sub-Relativistic speeds from FF5)

Final Fantasy 5, 8, 12, 13, 14, Type 0 and Dissidia scales to Transformed Gilgamesh (Who is straight FTL+ Galaxy level for being one of the strongest esper and can deal damage to end-game beings at the level of Ede to Ultimecia/Adel, which the party were able to defeat withouth GFs or it would have caused Rinoa to die)

Dissidia doesn't have a profile and crossovers (it technically is) can't be scaled from.

I agree with everything else.

@Gargoyle

We have pages for Chaos, Feral Chaos and Cosmos, all of whom can get scaled from Feral Chaos defeating Shinryu.

I'm pretty sure the participants in the fighting are scaled down/up to match each other (As in, that's a canon thing), but Shinryu isn't bound by that.

Neo Exdeath should scale to Cloud of Darkness given that they are basically the same.

That's what I said but it was shut down because Ant said we couldn't scale from different FF games.

@Dark649

Neo Exdeath was consumed by the void and is able to use its power. The Cloud of Darkness is the void.

Reppuzan said:
@Dark649
Tree Exdeath was consumed by the void and is able to use its power. Neo Exdeath merged with the Void itself and became the void like Cloud of Darkness.
Fixed.

If what is being proposed is that we first scale Gilgamesh from the strongest Final Fantasy protagonists that he ever fought, and then scale everybody else from him, I am uneasy with the suggestion, as the different series have a very different scale to their settings, so this may be covered under our crossover rules.

Back