• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fear and Famine (Fear and Hunger Discussion Thread)

5FgIKu1.png

Hi, what's our current topic?
Souls. Adem seems to be searching in game statements, and we're finding some consistency in certain item/weapon scaling.

Also, I keep forgetting to get a CRT started for the cosmology. Gonna do that tomorrow.

I tend to be really busy with work, but I guess I'll have to plug my cosmology blog in the CRT if it's posted when I do work on it and finish it.

Souls are... A-1? Right? They transcend time and space from what I remember. Also, souls (probably) have the ability to harm abstract concepts since humanity killed Vinushka. Not sure, tho.

Following. Please don't make me end up regretting this.
Picture of **** and balls.
Souls are... A-1? Right? They transcend time and space from what I remember.
We dropped the "transcending time and space means you're 1-A" argument a very, VERY long time ago.
Also, souls (probably) have the ability to harm abstract concepts since humanity killed Vinushka.
It was never explained how humanity actually "killed" Vinushka.

Yeah, it seems like Vinushka's "death" was implied to be a passive result of humanity entering the Cruel Age/using technological development to overcome nature.

Souls are... A-1? Right? They transcend time and space from what I remember. Also, souls (probably) have the ability to harm abstract concepts since humanity killed Vinushka. Not sure, tho.
No that's the Old Gods.
Yeah, it seems like Vinushka's "death" was implied to be a passive result of humanity entering the Cruel Age/using technological development to overcome nature.
Also yeah, this would be due to the birth of the God of F&H, which as said here and in my cosmology blog: Old gods are said to not actually 'die,' but can have their influence replaced or superseded in the world by beings of similar power (Other Old Gods, Ascended Gods).

Similarly, traces of Old Gods can be interacted with and influenced, but they are just infinitesimal remnants of the Old God they are representing, so somehow 'killing' it wouldn't mean anything either.

Enki should be Genius, right?
I'd be surprised if he wasn't.

He seems to be a prolific and expert dark priest to begin with; compelled by his soul of the enlightened to learn a great deal of occult knowledge, on top of other areas of science.

He should gain even more knowledge one gets through ascension while resisting it with the Soul Anchor in his S Rank ending, which as we've discussed seems to have some elements of canonicity in Termina.

Enki should be Genius, right?
I'd say he's closer to Gifted, but probably a Genius as of Termina due to spending centuries accumulating knowledge and being the author of the skin bibles.

Side note, what do you use to collect gifs? I've been meaning to figure out how to make them for this exact purpose.

I'd say he's closer to Gifted, but probably a Genius as of Termina due to spending centuries accumulating knowledge and being the author of the skin bibles.
Would that even be a key? We don't really know how what he's like by Termina (if he's even still alive), unless we give him an Enlightened key and tag an "eventually" ranking to his intelligence.

Would that even be a key? We don't really know how what he's like by Termina (if he's even still alive), unless we give him an Enlightened key and tag an "eventually" ranking to his intelligence.
It's more reasonable to assume he's likely to be alive due to having written of GoFaH and the effects it had on humanity, such as leading to the death of Vinushka.

Nosramus before him lived for centuries having discovered how to achieve immortality, Enki's S ending describes him achieving the very same thing.

In terms of canon, Enki's S ending is of the endings that would have occurred.

Sidenote but this is... interesting?

Miro likes to vaguepost, because this could mean many things.

(insert Le'garde is a clone/clone of Alll-mer theory here)

It's more reasonable to assume he's likely to be alive due to having written of GoFaH and the effects it had on humanity, such as leading to the death of Vinushka.

Nosramus before him lived for centuries having discovered how to achieve immortality, Enki's S ending describes him achieving the very same thing.

In terms of canon, Enki's S ending is of the endings that would have occurred.
I'm only being careful since we don't get explicit proof of him still being alive, as his last written works take place a while before Termina.

Miro likes to vaguepost, because this could mean many things.

(insert Le'garde is a clone/clone of Alll-mer theory here)
Le'garde's the protagonist. We're all just side characters in his franchise. Guy's gonna be in all three games.

I'm only being careful since we don't get explicit proof of him still being alive, as his last written works take place a while before Termina.
We don't have explicit proof but as I said it's more than likely to be the case, him having written the bibles and accumulated the knowledge he had required he achieve immortality like Nosramus before him, as I already said.

There's nothing pointing to his death unless we want to assume he was assassinated at some point, which I guess is a take you can have; maybe the Vatican did it after they appropriated his work and edited his findings to better suit their beliefs on the matter.

We don't have explicit proof but as I said it's more than likely to be the case, him having written the bibles and accumulated the knowledge he had required he achieve immortality like Nosramus before him, as I already said.

There's nothing pointing to his death unless we want to assume he was assassinated at some point, which I guess is a take you can have; maybe the Vatican did it after they appropriated his work and edited his findings to better suit their beliefs on the matter.
I suppose I'm just being too cautious. But anyway, wouldn't a Termina key basically just be an Enlightened key but "smarter"? Wouldn't it be better to just put a "eventually" or "later" like with certain other pages?

I suppose I'm just being too cautious. But anyway, wouldn't a Termina key basically just be an Enlightened key but "smarter"? Wouldn't it be better to just put a "eventually" or "later" like with certain other pages?
I'm not asking for a Termina key, simply acknowledging that there is a difference between his intellect for the periods he is a regular Dark Priest and when he's Enlightened. He has access to centuries worth of knowledge and has the centuries to spend processing all of it, at that point his works are the foundation for teaching new mages and occultists in likely a large part of the world.

An Enlightened key is all that is necessary. When I said "As of Termina" I was operating off the idea that he's likely still around after walking the path of enlightenment, not that it's different.

I'm not asking for a Termina key, simply acknowledging that there is a difference between his intellect for the periods he is a regular Dark Priest and when he's Enlightened. He has access to centuries worth of knowledge and has the centuries to spend processing all of it, at that point his works are the foundation for teaching new mages and occultists in likely a large part of the world.
I misunderstood then. Sorry.

any calcs/statements on old gods speeds? i assume omnipresence is there? not sure. could someone more experienced on the matter correct me. i also assume immeasurable...?

'Fungry' lol
It's a grey area. We do seem to use "has the strength of <x> amounts of men" and other similar statements for actual scaling like with our great ape profiles as well as fictional characters.
really this was just an excuse for me to gush about orangutans again
I still don't know if we'd go for this being in relation to the average mortal soul, or literal, material strength of people, but in any case, I do think they're consistently used enough in game to be meaningful statements.
Damn I knew Gorrillas were way stronger than humans but I didn't know they all had Miasma equipped

LS feats as I'm a Lifting Strength connoisseur™
- The main cast of the first game should be Class 1-5 due to being able to rip out the heads of the Human Hydra. I do wonder if they would slightly upscale from this feat as they're ripping off the heads of an abominable marriage. Enki and Ragnvaldr would downscale and upscale from this respectively for obvious reasons. Ragnvaldr can also snap Le'garde's neck, but I think this should be treated as supporting evidence for his LS instead due to Le'garde being severely weakened and Rag applying external pressure. debatable if its even a ls feat t b h

- Dragging horse carriages were a part of Marcoh's training routine. I am not a historian, so I unsurprisingly cannot find absolutely anything related to the weights of horse carriages in 40s Italy, but from what I could find on the website of some horse and buggy company from Charleston is that the average carriage is 1k lbs, which means Marcoh could have Peak Human LS.

Don't think Enki would downscale, since lad can perform the feat
Yea I worded that wrong, meant to say he's still physically weaker than the rest of the cast.
I'm so split about Enki because by all accounts he should be physically weaker than the rest of the cast but he also is able to do basically 99% of the physical things the rest of the cast can do, a good example being the head rip. I'm not even sure what that 1% of things he can't do the others can do is lmao

LS feats as I'm a Lifting Strength connoisseur™
- The main cast of the first game should be Class 1-5 due to being able to rip out the heads of the Human Hydra. I do wonder if they would slightly upscale from this feat as they're ripping off the heads of an abominable marriage. Enki and Ragnvaldr would downscale and upscale from this respectively for obvious reasons. Ragnvaldr can also snap Le'garde's neck, but I think this should be treated as supporting evidence for his LS instead due to Le'garde being severely weakened and Rag applying external pressure. debatable if its even a ls feat t b h
Having taken a forensic anthropology course, I can confirm that breaking a hyoid is scarily easy. I get what you mean though; full neck. That'd be peak human iirc, but also yeah, Le'garde is heavily weakened.
- Dragging horse carriages were a part of Marcoh's training routine. I am not a historian, so I unsurprisingly cannot find absolutely anything related to the weights of horse carriages in 40s Italy, but from what I could find on the website of some horse and buggy company from Charleston is that the average carriage is 1k lbs, which means Marcoh could have Peak Human LS.
Also a good peak human LS feat, and one that'd be in better support.

Would it be alright with yall if I started work on profiles for the Old Gods?
I actually planned to work on the Old Gods, but if you had specifics in mind I'd try not to step on your toes much there.

The ones I do want to work on mainly are Rher, Vinushka, and Depths.

I also do have a sandbox for Marina already partly finished that I'll get done eventually.

I actually planned to work on the Old Gods, but if you had specifics in mind I'd try not to step on your toes much there.

The ones I do want to work on mainly are Rher, Vinushka, and Depths.

I also do have a sandbox for Marina already partly finished that I'll get done eventually.
No problem if that's the case. I'll do Sylvian, Gro-goroth, and though not an Old God, I'll do God of F&H.

Back