• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

FC/OC Killstreak gods fight each other (Asuna Kamakura VS Cobalt REMATCH) (Bakuhatsu VS VeneficaVerse) (GRACE)

Last match ended with a cobalt W, but both characters have gotten plenty of new additions since then, making the match pretty outdated, which is why a rematch is in order 👀

Rules:
  • Speed Is Equalized
  • Fight takes place in A-City (Veneficaverse)
  • Both start 100 meters away from each other
  • Both are trying to incapacitate, BFR, or knock out their opponent, but will kill if absolutely necessary
  • Neither have prior knowledge of each other.
  • SBA for everything else
Stats:
  • Asuna scales to 6-B+ (98.6 Teratons) and can grow up to High 6-A+ (19.6 Exatons) Through Reactive Evolution.
  • Cobalt scales to baseline 6-B (7 Teratons) And up to baseline High 6-B (100 Teratons) Through Max Aura.
  • Asuna has a 14.08x AP advantage with their starting stats, and a 196,000x AP advantage with their max stats.
Votes:

“Whatever’s going to happen next, whatever's around each corner, I'll be ready for it. Every single time.”:

“My name is Cobalt, and from this moment, I am my own woman!!”:

Both Become Middle Schooler Victims: 3

Last edited:
Okay, so, what's definitely different from last time is that asuna isn't going to get screwed over by Cobalt's radiation anymore. Asuna can survive pretty well above the atmosphere, where she'd be exposed to tons of solar radiation that would, in real life, basically cook your skin 👀 Asuna would definitely have a good degree of resistance here, so i think it's safe to say that wouldn't be a problem here.

Some of cobalt's moves being able to tank hits a tier above herself would still be an issue, but if the fight lasts long enough asuna's RE, especially with limit break, would get past that as well.

but both characters have gotten plenty of new additions since then
Hmm...

(This is a joke, Warrane's later keys don't align super well tiering wise and also escalate very rapidly in nonsense)
Asuna can survive pretty well above the atmosphere, where she'd be exposed to tons of solar radiation that would, in real life, basically cook your skin
I will say, the key currently in use seems to have much more potent radiation, given they can summon 10 thousand stars for the role (and at point blank, and inverse square law lowers energy and thereby radiation far more than the smaller size of a 6-B ability would) and hurt things that actively absorb radiation, so I'm not entirely sure how much the dynamic changes with that in mind

Okay, so, what's definitely different from last time is that asuna isn't going to get screwed over by Cobalt's radiation anymore. Asuna can survive pretty well above the atmosphere, where she'd be exposed to tons of solar radiation that would, in real life, basically cook your skin 👀 Asuna would definitely have a good degree of resistance here, so i think it's safe to say that wouldn't be a problem here.

Some of cobalt's moves being able to tank hits a tier above herself would still be an issue, but if the fight lasts long enough asuna's RE, especially with limit break, would get past that as well.
I will say that prolonged exposure to radiation like this, even if you resist it initially, will still be able to affect you over time, and with the way Cobalt can empower her techniques it’s safe to say she’ll be empowering that too, but even if not if the fight lasts that long radiation should take its role since Asuna doesn’t have a total immunity. Still will be slow, but I feel it’s worth mentioning

As for the next thing Cobalt’s ‘shield’ centric moves that aren’t just default energy barriers, namely Plutonium Spirit Shield, have basically no problem with High 6-A attacks at all and are actually up there protecting against tier 5 attacks before Cobalt even unlocks her next key totally, which this Cobalt is very close to doing (as it is her key during the Nova arc, her next key being ‘post nova’) so even with limit break I doubt she’s getting through via sheer force and will need to rely on getting creative, which I know she can do, but another big part of the original match is that Cobalt is smarter even by battle tactics so this is likely more difficult than on the surface

Anyway, a few more things to address before the back and fourth begins
  1. AP advantage: Asuna has a huge AP advantage right away and this can get a whoooole lot bigger, but it isn’t actually as bad as it looks. Cobalt’s third key gets to 5-C, which is done through adaptation, granted that level of adaptation won’t be possible for Cobalt in this isolated fight. It is, however, totally possible that she can close these gaps at a rapid rate if the right conditions are met (intense/emotional fighting, Cobalt’s life being on the line, if the fight just lasts long enough or if Cobalt is using the same thing over and over again/for extended periods and learns on the spot about how it works better)
  2. Adaptation: Furthermore a huge reason why Cobalt didn’t just lose outright before was because she could adapt her powers to this key through similar conditions/circumstances, but of course that was the Cobalt who had basically no idea what she could do, like right before fighting Marx. This Cobalt is months after fighting Marx, and although she doesn’t do much fighting until she is captured by Nova she is still researching her Energy through non-violent methods which, while far slower, still accounted for very much development (especially with her portals, inexperience is far less of a problem now). And with extra knowledge of her Energy comes better adaptation to her much further developed powers, the ones from her Post-Nova key. If Asuna proves to be intense and tough enough it’s entirely possible Cobalt could reach those heights outright, but it’s much more likely she’d just have smaller/watered down versions of those moves and by no means will this be automatic. It should play just as much of a role though.
  3. LS advantage: Similarly to the AP difference, the LS advantage goes very solidly to Asuna off the bat. But also just like the AP, further adaptation means that Cobalt can reach those heights too. Her next key’s LS is Class Z, equal to Asuna’s post limit break LS and if I’m reading her page right she is Class E without it, so if it got to that point Cobalt would grab the advantage instead. In addition, if she adapts her Energy to the point of unlocking her Plutonium World Chains, there’s really nothing much Asuna could do at all to avoid being restrained by them pure LS wise. They effortlessly hold down people who can shrug off holds from Class Z Cobalt. Granted, adapting the full move is pretty unlikely as I’ve said, but still, even a miniature version would do wonders. Plutonium Spirit Shield also ignores LS outright anyway, so that’s something cobalt has going for her.
I will say, the key currently in use seems to have much more potent radiation, given they can summon 10 thousand stars for the role (and at point blank, and inverse square law lowers energy and thereby radiation far more than the smaller size of a 6-B ability would) and hurt things that actively absorb radiation, so I'm not entirely sure how much the dynamic changes with that in mind
Well that is actually for the 5-C key, it’s entirely possible Cobalr can adapt to the point of having dozens though and it is true that the radiation from that would be waaay more potent than the stuff she emits by just punching, kicking, or just standing there. They also aren’t ‘stars’ in the traditional way, they are star-shaped energy constructs but given Cobalt has extreme heat stuff, blinding light manip and her radiation it’s safe to say they at least mimic them

With this out of the way, I think it this can begin properly 👀

(My woe of counting keys returns, this was actually for the 5-C one)

I will say that prolonged exposure to radiation like this, even if you resist it initially, will still be able to affect you over time, and with the way Cobalt can empower her techniques it’s safe to say she’ll be empowering that too, but even if not if the fight lasts that long radiation should take its role since Asuna doesn’t have a total immunity. Still will be slow, but I feel it’s worth mentioning
Yeah, but she'd still have ways of dealing with it besides just the resistance. Asuna's Willpower & survivability ensures that she'll be able to handle any negative affects for a long time and keep fighting, And she also has ways to further slow or reverse the effects, Like using time magic to revert back to a spot where she's less affected, or healing magic to heal any bodily damage caused by the radiation. The fight would have to go on for an extremely long time for it to kill her.
As for the next thing Cobalt’s ‘shield’ centric moves that aren’t just default energy barriers, namely Plutonium Spirit Shield, have basically no problem with High 6-A attacks at all and are actually up there protecting against tier 5 attacks before Cobalt even unlocks her next key totally, which this Cobalt is very close to doing (as it is her key during the Nova arc, her next key being ‘post nova’) so even with limit break I doubt she’s getting through via sheer force and will need to rely on getting creative, which I know she can do, but another big part of the original match is that Cobalt is smarter even by battle tactics so this is likely more difficult than on the surface
The reversal properties of it is definitely something, although i don't know where the tier 5 feats come from. Cobalt is definitely smarter, but that shouldn't hinder asuna in situations like this where she just has to get around one move specifically. As for getting around it, she could, for example, reverse some of her own reversed force back at cobalt right as it's getting reversed (Try saying that 10 times fast 💀 )
  • [Reversal]: A Defense-Focused Miscellaneous Skill, Where the user envisions a "Reflection" of a nearing attack from an opponent, Redirecting part of their own magic, usually 50%, back towards them on contact. Though this can be overcome with the use of skills like [Negate], Or significantly stronger magic or will.
Basically, if asuna's attacks get reversed, she could use this or something similair to cancel out the effects or potentially even hit cobalt with a small amount of her AP by reversing some of the reverse back at the reverser 💀 this wouldn't do much at the start, but if asuna gets to High 6-A this would be deadly 👀

Of course, [Negate] to disable it and [Mirrored Spacetime] To cancel it out and potentially aid the above tactic are also options.
LS advantage: Similarly to the AP difference, the LS advantage goes very solidly to Asuna off the bat. But also just like the AP, further adaptation means that Cobalt can reach those heights too. Her next key’s LS is Class Z, equal to Asuna’s post limit break LS and if I’m reading her page right she is Class E without it, so if it got to that point Cobalt would grab the advantage instead. In addition, if she adapts her Energy to the point of unlocking her Plutonium World Chains, there’s really nothing much Asuna could do at all to avoid being restrained by them pure LS wise. They effortlessly hold down people who can shrug off holds from Class Z Cobalt. Granted, adapting the full move is pretty unlikely as I’ve said, but still, even a miniature version would do wonders. Plutonium Spirit Shield also ignores LS outright anyway, so that’s something cobalt has going for her.
Actually, Asuna scales to 4.2075232^22 Kilograms, so she'd still be about 1.42x stronger than cobalt, who is baseline. That'd still realistically restrain asuna if they casually do this to Class Z peeps, but actually trapping asuna in it would be a challenge given her acrobatic feats and her precognition. Asuna is pretty used to danmaku, so a bunch of chains would be something she'd likely be able to avoid as well, especially if cobalt can only make a mini version of the move. And if asuna see's she's about to get caught by them, she can use riftways or time magic to get out of it.

The reversal properties of it is definitely something, although i don't know where the tier 5 feats come from. Cobalt is definitely smarter, but that shouldn't hinder asuna in situations like this where she just has to get around one move specifically. As for getting around it, she could, for example, reverse some of her own reversed force back at cobalt right as it's getting reversed (Try saying that 10 times fast 💀 )
  • [Reversal]: A Defense-Focused Miscellaneous Skill, Where the user envisions a "Reflection" of a nearing attack from an opponent, Redirecting part of their own magic, usually 50%, back towards them on contact. Though this can be overcome with the use of skills like [Negate], Or significantly stronger magic or will.
Basically, if asuna's attacks get reversed, she could use this or something similair to cancel out the effects or potentially even hit cobalt with a small amount of her AP by reversing some of the reverse back at the reverser 💀 this wouldn't do much at the start, but if asuna gets to High 6-A this would be deadly 👀

Of course, [Negate] to disable it and [Mirrored Spacetime] To cancel it out and potentially aid the above tactic are also options.
The tier 5 feats come from reversing out attacks from Triton, even in his “Hero Wrecker” mode which is very high into 5-C as he can handle punches from Darox very well, and his AP is similar to his durability. Force reversal is something Triton attempted (keep in mind, he is 5-C with Class Z LS in the state I’m talking about) and it still didn’t do anything, it just gets turned into a pretzel and dispersed. Reversal (especially since it only does 50%) isn’t a very viable method of defending against it. Plus the deeper it would go into the shield, the harder and faster it would be

Im not sure how mirrored spacetime would do the trick given that spirit shield can disregard well over Class Z LS pushing and gravity stuff is reversed just the same as anything else is. I think Negate is the only real option and even then that is temporary and Cobalt has 2 other shields that can block the High 6-A attacks with relative ease

Actually, Asuna scales to 4.2075232^22 Kilograms, so she'd still be about 1.42x stronger than cobalt, who is baseline. That'd still realistically restrain asuna if they casually do this to Class Z peeps, but actually trapping asuna in it would be a challenge given her acrobatic feats and her precognition. Asuna is pretty used to danmaku, so a bunch of chains would be something she'd likely be able to avoid as well, especially if cobalt can only make a mini version of the move. And if asuna see's she's about to get caught by them, she can use riftways or time magic to get out of it.
Plutonium World Chains are able to restrain Blood Sea Giants who are dozens of times over the Class Z baseline, so she would definitely be restrained if the full version got her and even a miniature form should be more than enough. They are also completely MASSIVE (‘world’ chain is the name for a reason) and teleporting and precog have only been able to dodge it before in limited ways. At the stage of V. Verse third key Cobalt is in, the main cast is able to defeat Blood Sea Soldiers without much trouble and they have both precog (possibly even superior to Asuna’s too since they are literally able to see what is coming) and the teleportation so Cobalt will be able to find a way to hit her sooner or later. Time magic seems like the best option here

The tier 5 feats come from reversing out attacks from Triton, even in his “Hero Wrecker” mode which is very high into 5-C as he can handle punches from Darox very well, and his AP is similar to his durability. Force reversal is something Triton attempted (keep in mind, he is 5-C with Class Z LS in the state I’m talking about) and it still didn’t do anything, it just gets turned into a pretzel and dispersed. Reversal (especially since it only does 50%) isn’t a very viable method of defending against it. Plus the deeper it would go into the shield, the harder and faster it would be

Im not sure how mirrored spacetime would do the trick given that spirit shield can disregard well over Class Z LS pushing and gravity stuff is reversed just the same as anything else is. I think Negate is the only real option and even then that is temporary and Cobalt has 2 other shields that can block the High 6-A attacks with relative ease
Before anything else happens, I should also note that the Cobalt that did this was over 8 months pregnant which is a non factor in this fight, but it took an immense effort to do what she did against triton. Doing the same thing after her baby is born is way, waaay easier so this shouldn’t be something of high effort to do either

Those 2 other shields wouldn't be as effective though. Plutonium Guard Max's spheres won't do much damage to asuna, if at all, due to her superior durability, and she can attack from well outside her range anyway. Barriers are extremely similair to things that asuna has cancelled out with an AP advantage before, which she also has here 👀 (Although it depends if cobalts energy is akin to magic enough or not, power systems gotta be similair)
  • Forcefield Negation (Via (But not limited to) [Final Smash] Skill. As a byproduct of overpowering magical abilities, provided asuna can become stronger than the target, she can break through defensive skills that would otherwise prove extremely difficult to break through, such as haruka's [Barrier of Despair].)

• Power Nullification (Of magical abilities. In some instances, an adventurer breaking their limits can simply overcome some skills of the opponent they are fighting, as if disabling them, provided they are able to overpower them physically to a large enough degree.[3])
Plutonium full shield only lets cobalt tank things 5x stronger than her. Even if she gets up to High 6-B that's not Blocking High 6-A+ Energy. Even if it did, asuna just has to wait out it's short time period to get past it.

Pluton Max Hands is just Plutonium Spirit Shield, But with a time limit. Even if asuna can't get past it, Cobalt has a limited amount of time to use it before a cooldown according to it's description.
Plutonium World Chains are able to restrain Blood Sea Giants who are dozens of times over the Class Z baseline, so she would definitely be restrained if the full version got her and even a miniature form should be more than enough. They are also completely MASSIVE (‘world’ chain is the name for a reason) and teleporting and precog have only been able to dodge it before in limited ways. At the stage of V. Verse third key Cobalt is in, the main cast is able to defeat Blood Sea Soldiers without much trouble and they have both precog (possibly even superior to Asuna’s too since they are literally able to see what is coming) and the teleportation so Cobalt will be able to find a way to hit her sooner or later. Time magic seems like the best option here
Time magic would definitely save asuna if it's that bad, but they can't be the size of the literal planet otherwise cobalt would be 5-B with those 🗿 I doubt the size will affect asuna much when she's overpowered things the size of countries, Plus the fact that High 6-A+ Shockwaves could probably just deflect them altogether.
  • Shockwave Manipulation (Asuna's limit break also unleashed a shockwave that "Engulfed" The entirety of the grand colloseeum.)
The fact that it'd be a baby version of the move that she used in the third key would also make it, obviously, easier to avoid, so i doubt The Sea Soldiers having difficulties dodging them with similar abilities is applicable when the ones asuna would be facing wouldn't be as difficult.

Those 2 other shields wouldn't be as effective though. Plutonium Guard Max's spheres won't do much damage to asuna, if at all, due to her superior durability, and she can attack from well outside her range anyway. Barriers are extremely similair to things that asuna has cancelled out with an AP advantage before, which she also has here 👀 (Although it depends if cobalts energy is akin to magic enough or not, power systems gotta be similair)
  • Forcefield Negation (Via (But not limited to) [Final Smash] Skill. As a byproduct of overpowering magical abilities, provided asuna can become stronger than the target, she can break through defensive skills that would otherwise prove extremely difficult to break through, such as haruka's [Barrier of Despair].)

• Power Nullification (Of magical abilities. In some instances, an adventurer breaking their limits can simply overcome some skills of the opponent they are fighting, as if disabling them, provided they are able to overpower them physically to a large enough degree.[3])
Plutonium full shield only lets cobalt tank things 5x stronger than her. Even if she gets up to High 6-B that's not Blocking High 6-A+ Energy. Even if it did, asuna just has to wait out it's short time period to get past it.

Pluton Max Hands is just Plutonium Spirit Shield, But with a time limit. Even if asuna can't get past it, Cobalt has a limited amount of time to use it before a cooldown according to it's description.

Time magic would definitely save asuna if it's that bad, but they can't be the size of the literal planet otherwise cobalt would be 5-B with those 🗿 I doubt the size will affect asuna much when she's overpowered things the size of countries, Plus the fact that High 6-A+ Shockwaves could probably just deflect them altogether.
  • Shockwave Manipulation (Asuna's limit break also unleashed a shockwave that "Engulfed" The entirety of the grand colloseeum.)
The fact that it'd be a baby version of the move that she used in the third key would also make it, obviously, easier to avoid, so i doubt The Sea Soldiers having difficulties dodging them with similar abilities is applicable when the ones asuna would be facing wouldn't be as difficult.
Oh, This is referring to asuna at her max power here, but a 14x Starting AP difference should still let her overpower and tank Plutonium Max guard and probably everything else

• Power Nullification (Of magical abilities. In some instances, an adventurer breaking their limits can simply overcome some skills of the opponent they are fighting, as if disabling them, provided they are able to overpower them physically to a large enough degree.[3]
Cobalt’s Energy is nothing like Magic in V. Verse so I’m not sure. It’s like an experimental dimensional type power with ridiculous potential which is all already unlocked but just needs to be actually accessed. It’s also something pretty much exclusive to her (to the point that you need her DNA to copy it in most capacities) and magic is accessible to everyone in Bakuhatsu as far as I know so I think Cobalt’s Energy would feel and look incredibly foreign to Asuna, and therefore interfere with these abilities typical functions

Adaptation could also make these shields far stronger and in time she could use mini versions of the upgraded forms of these shields. Plutonium Total Shield, for example, completely reflects the information behind enemy attacks, so it does so at a fundamental level. Even a non perfect version of that is something Asuna wouldn’t be able to get around without extreme efforts without negate (at least as far as I know, and I definitely know she hasn’t dealt with the reflection of straight up information), and by that point she’d have to decide between the actual spirit shield and the upgraded form

Cobalt can actually control the reflected stuff with spirit hands though, spirit shield casts it out randomly. Should be super useful if Asuna tries a danmaku

They aren’t planet sized but a single one is able to overshadow many cities at once and have plenty of leftover length and with Cobalt usually summoning a lot of these it can get ridiculous pretty fast (and no doubt be much harder to deal with than the double scythes). Even a miniature version should meet that criteria just based on sheer volume, and time magic cannot be spammed. Shockwaves would only work for a limited time as Cobalt gets more power

Blood sea soldiers seem to be a bit superior to Asuna so I’ll consider it equal diff if Cobalt gets sufficient adaptation

Oh, This is referring to asuna at her max power here, but a 14x Starting AP difference should still let her overpower and tank Plutonium Max guard and probably everything else
You have to destroy the spheres to down the shields, sheer AP can work but not perfectly considering it’s stacked up. The spheres do attack but she can also control them very well to dodge stuff. Getting close to them could also result in a Dissipation effect which is well beyond radiation stuff as that is outright deconstruction

This also reminds me that if she adapts enough she can make it so that literally everything she does inflicts deconstruction as she does in her third key

Adaptation could also make these shields far stronger and in time she could use mini versions of the upgraded forms of these shields. Plutonium Total Shield, for example, completely reflects the information behind enemy attacks, so it does so at a fundamental level. Even a non perfect version of that is something Asuna wouldn’t be able to get around without extreme efforts without negate (at least as far as I know, and I definitely know she hasn’t dealt with the reflection of straight up information), and by that point she’d have to decide between the actual spirit shield and the upgraded form
Cobalt would need to keep up with asuna's own Reactive Evolution, though. Which is going to be difficult considering that she has a headstart in most stats and the fact that Any Time Magic usage would also reverse some of cobalt's own adaptation, which would mean she'd have more catching up to do in terms of stats. Asuna's RE only got more crazy after she first used Limit Break as well, although i'm not entirely sure how fast cobalt crosses massive gaps herself.

I don't see plutonium total shield on cobalt's profile at all, but if it's just a more op version of Spirit Shield, That'd be problematic considering asuna lacks Information Manipulation or any feats against it.

However, That wouldn't mean asuna would be out of options. If negate is used up with one move and she see's that cobalts got more to offer, She could turn back time to stop her from using it altogether, and she could use the previous events as a way to figure out a good course of action to do so.

I also haven't gone over asuna's time stop either. While it isn't gonna stop cobalts moves since they blatantly continue to move despite things like that, Cobalt herself is still going to be stopped. If asuna pulled a "Time, huh? Thanks for the tip!" Here, all asuna has to do is immediately stop time to stop her from using any shields that she would in the near future, or alternatively right after she negates them, and because of asuna's AP and Skills like [Erasure], it'd probably be game over for cobalt right there and then 👀 Prior knowledge isnt given to either of them as well, so i doubt Cobalt could pull a 9000 IQ move to get around it somehow.

The above is a strategy that asuna (Tried to) use against haruka, so it's definitely in-character for her as well, although the latter saw it coming because she was far faster and defended against it before she realized what she did. Speed is equalized here though, so that shouldn't occur here.
Cobalt can actually control the reflected stuff with spirit hands though, spirit shield casts it out randomly. Should be super useful if Asuna tries a danmaku

They aren’t planet sized but a single one is able to overshadow many cities at once and have plenty of leftover length and with Cobalt usually summoning a lot of these it can get ridiculous pretty fast (and no doubt be much harder to deal with than the double scythes). Even a miniature version should meet that criteria just based on sheer volume, and time magic cannot be spammed. Shockwaves would only work for a limited time as Cobalt gets more power

Blood sea soldiers seem to be a bit superior to Asuna so I’ll consider it equal diff if Cobalt gets sufficient adaptation
If that happened, Asuna could (sort of) reflect them back by sending them through riftways behind cobalt, and if she's getting really overwhelmed she can fix her mistake with a quick time magic use.

They'd still be manageable for asuna though i think, Since even 6-B+ Energy could blow them away if she uses her danmaku moves, and High 6-A+, AKA asuna's best, could certainly do that as well. I find the latter more likely, considering cobalt needs adaptation to use the move as well.

Even if her time magic is on cooldown, Asuna's riftways and precog will at least help her not get COMPLETELY overwhelmed, even if it's still hard to avoid them, And luck magic can help her out as well by making it more likely for her to avoid them.

How acrobatic are the Blood Sea Soldiers? I think they'd need to be more acrobatic than asuna for their situation to be applicable to hers 👀

You have to destroy the spheres to down the shields, sheer AP can work but not perfectly considering it’s stacked up. The spheres do attack but she can also control them very well to dodge stuff. Getting close to them could also result in a Dissipation effect which is well beyond radiation stuff as that is outright deconstruction

This also reminds me that if she adapts enough she can make it so that literally everything she does inflicts deconstruction as she does in her third key
Yeah, but asuna has plenty of moves that are either AoE or Danmaku, I'm sure that'd get rid of most if not all of them in one shot. Asuna doesn't have to get close to them considering her range, so i doubt that's applicable for that move specifically.

Wouldn't adding deconstruction on top of all her moves drain her stamina quicker though? That reminds me that she also couldn't keep her shields up forever since they also would drain energy, so if asuna really needs to she can play the waiting game. Cobalt also needs to hit asuna, which is going to be difficult with danger sense, cobalts lack of acrobatics, and Some of asuna's moves being incredibly useful for some situations being brought up here.

Cobalt would need to keep up with asuna's own Reactive Evolution, though. Which is going to be difficult considering that she has a headstart in most stats and the fact that Any Time Magic usage would also reverse some of cobalt's own adaptation, which would mean she'd have more catching up to do in terms of stats. Asuna's RE only got more crazy after she first used Limit Break as well, although i'm not entirely sure how fast cobalt crosses massive gaps herself.
This is true but it doesn't change the fact that Cobalt does have very impressive adaptation. Maybe not as fast but she is shown to be able to get to a point higher than Asuna ever has on her current profile. Under the right circumstances, it's also VERY fast. Asuna can't come close to matching the stakes of the Sea of Blood, but the thought of those she knows and loves being killed basically puts the whole thing into overdrive which is why she gets and hones all of those new powers in the span of what is basically hours. Even without the family stuff a good ole max power brawl could do the trick, granted that's a good deal longer. Being forced to bring out the best in a single ability also greatly accelerates its adaptation
I don't see plutonium total shield on cobalt's profile at all, but if it's just a more op version of Spirit Shield, That'd be problematic considering asuna lacks Information Manipulation or any feats against it.

However, That wouldn't mean asuna would be out of options. If negate is used up with one move and she see's that cobalts got more to offer, She could turn back time to stop her from using it altogether, and she could use the previous events as a way to figure out a good course of action to do so.
I didn't add the Post Nova notable attacks because I didn't wanna have a Hecate situation where I just had copy and pasted stuff into the notable attacks, so I just held off of it for now. The description is here: Cobalt's 'Total Spirit Shield' is a far upgraded version of the Plutonium Spirit Shield involving the discovered innate properties of her Energy, allowing her to outright reflect the information behind enemy attacks instead of just twisting or bending them away, letting her reflect the attacks from the evolved members of the Blood Sea Army despite being unable to be directly conventionally defended against

(For the record, as this applies to the below stuff, this also includes stuff like time stop) But yes I agree reflecting information outright would essentially make Cobalt untouchable for its duration

It's possible Negate is too late and it doesn't matter, but even if not I've pointed out how it doesn't last forever and she could substitute it with Max hands or something
I also haven't gone over asuna's time stop either. While it isn't gonna stop cobalts moves since they blatantly continue to move despite things like that, Cobalt herself is still going to be stopped. If asuna pulled a "Time, huh? Thanks for the tip!" Here, all asuna has to do is immediately stop time to stop her from using any shields that she would in the near future, or alternatively right after she negates them, and because of asuna's AP and Skills like [Erasure], it'd probably be game over for cobalt right there and then 👀 Prior knowledge isnt given to either of them as well, so i doubt Cobalt could pull a 9000 IQ move to get around it somehow.

The above is a strategy that asuna (Tried to) use against haruka, so it's definitely in-character for her as well, although the latter saw it coming because she was far faster and defended against it before she realized what she did. Speed is equalized here though, so that shouldn't occur here.
All Cobalt really needs to do to avoid this is to just have portals active. Asuna can only negate one thing at a time, and in this situation, that's either Spirit Shield or her portals now. Her portals are very likely to be active since she has a genuine idea of how to use them in this key and uses them consistently for both offense and defense, to the point where she has them on pretty much all the time just before the Post Nova stuff, and upon the time stop they'll just pull her into Plutonium Hyperspace right away (and they have done this automatically in the story too, Nova Wing isn't the only time cobalt has been time stopped). If the portals are negated, Spirit Shield is completely able to protect Cobalt for the duration as well. Erasure would be reflected out and riftways can't access Hyperspace at all. Now, in the event that time stop catches Cobalt without Spirit Shield on and the portals are negated at the same time (doubtful because Cobalt would be on the defensive in that case anyway, and therefore, Spirit Shield is active and being adapted further too, which actually makes attempting to just 'wait it out' further risky too since Cobalt might just gain her Total Spirit Shield and then time stop's information is reflected and Cobalt is totally safe), then Asuna would be able to pull this off, but again, that is a very low odds situation. Spirit Shield is her most commonly used barrier move, and as I say below it isn't actually THAT draining, especially in such a tense situation. It's also possible that Asuna, who also has no prior knowledge, uses Negate on the Portals, spirit shield, or something else entirely before pulling out time stop, at which point she'd have to waste time magic to fix that mistake, but then we're right back where we started (Portals or spirit shield, pick your poison). Cobalt could also discover her Plutonium Force, which is one of the very first Post Nova things she gets, pretty early on (likely well before Asuna tries this) which would cut the duration of any time stop in half, further improving her survivability, so prior knowledge or not Cobalt would be wind up safe 98+% of the time in a situation like this

Also now that I think of it, wouldn't Negate be reflected out too? If it's done via a projectile, that might be the case but with its powernull properties I'm not exactly sure if that would work anyway
If that happened, Asuna could (sort of) reflect them back by sending them through riftways behind cobalt, and if she's getting really overwhelmed she can fix her mistake with a quick time magic use.

They'd still be manageable for asuna though i think, Since even 6-B+ Energy could blow them away if she uses her danmaku moves, and High 6-A+, AKA asuna's best, could certainly do that as well. I find the latter more likely, considering cobalt needs adaptation to use the move as well.

Even if her time magic is on cooldown, Asuna's riftways and precog will at least help her not get COMPLETELY overwhelmed, even if it's still hard to avoid them, And luck magic can help her out as well by making it more likely for her to avoid them.

How acrobatic are the Blood Sea Soldiers? I think they'd need to be more acrobatic than asuna for their situation to be applicable to hers 👀
How big can she make riftways?? Cobalt also can't really be harmed by her own Energy so much, but this could be a distraction.

I'll give the benefit of the doubt here, although she can adapt the chains to surpass Asuna entirely if given the chance (Since technically she could straight up become her entire post nova key save most of the resistances if she just adapts that much)

True enough but again Blood Sea Soldiers have similar if not better stuff and still find themselves overwhelmed, even in groups, so a single Asuna shouldn't be That difficult for Cobalt to be hitting even if she is superior to a single Blood Sea Soldier. As for their acrobatics, they are incredibly so, as they can dodge danmaku in the tens of thousands, whereas Asuna's best feats are dodging in the regular thousands, and they also have speed amps and methods to slow someone like Cobalt down, including her perception of things. I think Cobalt's sheer precision and ability to fight may be being underestimated👀
Yeah, but asuna has plenty of moves that are either AoE or Danmaku, I'm sure that'd get rid of most if not all of them in one shot. Asuna doesn't have to get close to them considering her range, so i doubt that's applicable for that move specifically.

Wouldn't adding deconstruction on top of all her moves drain her stamina quicker though? That reminds me that she also couldn't keep her shields up forever since they also would drain energy, so if asuna really needs to she can play the waiting game. Cobalt also needs to hit asuna, which is going to be difficult with danger sense, cobalts lack of acrobatics, and Some of asuna's moves being incredibly useful for some situations being brought up here.
If they are homing they likely will, if not though Cobalt has expert control over them and has had them avoid attacks from a bunch of Marx clones, granted she was overwhelmed eventually. A single Asuna will have trouble to hit them.

She isn't exactly creating something new though she is just learning she had it and is then applying it. The more Cobalt adapts the better her regulation of Energy gets too. It is a weakness of hers even in this key, but actually tuckering her out is surprisingly difficult and gets more difficult the better she gets at using her energy and fighting which sort of cancels it out in a way. The deconstruction is just improving upon an affinity she already has, so it's one of the easiest things she can do, so that specifically would take very little energy too. After the Marx fight she was only kinda tired as well despite having just unlocked a ton of that stuff for the very first time and being pregnant on top of that (although it was only a couple months, still a factor in the fight though) which shows how her adaptation also applies to gaining very improved stamina. Cobalt lacking acrobatics also hasn't hurt her that much since she can fight alongside others like Ako just fine and keep up naturally, plus her feats of besting Blood Sea Soldiers

This is true but it doesn't change the fact that Cobalt does have very impressive adaptation. Maybe not as fast but she is shown to be able to get to a point higher than Asuna ever has on her current profile. Under the right circumstances, it's also VERY fast. Asuna can't come close to matching the stakes of the Sea of Blood, but the thought of those she knows and loves being killed basically puts the whole thing into overdrive which is why she gets and hones all of those new powers in the span of what is basically hours. Even without the family stuff a good ole max power brawl could do the trick, granted that's a good deal longer. Being forced to bring out the best in a single ability also greatly accelerates its adaptation
Why would she get amped by her loved ones potentially being killed if they aren't around in this fight? 💀 Even if they share a city doesn't that mean cobalt will hold back on letting her radiation run free omnidirectionally for example to avoid irradiating the whole thing? A fight at their full power is definitely going to be a good boost to cobalts RE, but the same goes for asuna if that's the case.
All Cobalt really needs to do to avoid this is to just have portals active. Asuna can only negate one thing at a time, and in this situation, that's either Spirit Shield or her portals now. Her portals are very likely to be active since she has a genuine idea of how to use them in this key and uses them consistently for both offense and defense, to the point where she has them on pretty much all the time just before the Post Nova stuff, and upon the time stop they'll just pull her into Plutonium Hyperspace right away (and they have done this automatically in the story too, Nova Wing isn't the only time cobalt has been time stopped). If the portals are negated, Spirit Shield is completely able to protect Cobalt for the duration as well. Erasure would be reflected out and riftways can't access Hyperspace at all. Now, in the event that time stop catches Cobalt without Spirit Shield on and the portals are negated at the same time (doubtful because Cobalt would be on the defensive in that case anyway, and therefore, Spirit Shield is active and being adapted further too, which actually makes attempting to just 'wait it out' further risky too since Cobalt might just gain her Total Spirit Shield and then time stop's information is reflected and Cobalt is totally safe), then Asuna would be able to pull this off, but again, that is a very low odds situation. Spirit Shield is her most commonly used barrier move, and as I say below it isn't actually THAT draining, especially in such a tense situation. It's also possible that Asuna, who also has no prior knowledge, uses Negate on the Portals, spirit shield, or something else entirely before pulling out time stop, at which point she'd have to waste time magic to fix that mistake, but then we're right back where we started (Portals or spirit shield, pick your poison). Cobalt could also discover her Plutonium Force, which is one of the very first Post Nova things she gets, pretty early on (likely well before Asuna tries this) which would cut the duration of any time stop in half, further improving her survivability, so prior knowledge or not Cobalt would be wind up safe 98+% of the time in a situation like this

Also now that I think of it, wouldn't Negate be reflected out too? If it's done via a projectile, that might be the case but with its powernull properties I'm not exactly sure if that would work anyway
So they have a mind of their own? I mean, they'd remain active, but i doubt they should be able to do that, since it'd surely be something notable to put on the profile, and there's also the fact that they don't just move on their own. She has to "Wave" them there.

"She activates them by gathering energy into her hands and then waving them forward. Gathering energy for longer makes her able to summon more at a time."

Even if they are, though, and they try to pull cobalt in to save her, it's not like asuna wouldn't be able to catch cobalt before this happened. Sure, asuna might not expect that to happen, but she's got room for error. It's not like the time stop is a one-time use and she's not living on borrowed time, especially since a lot of cobalts moves are defensive-based or just counters. There isn't anything stopping her from activating one of her speed amps, like [turbocharge], or [supercharge] if asuna REALLY wants to become keemstar, and using that in stopped time to immediately catch cobalt before she's pulled in by the gates to oneshot her anyway.

Basically, All asuna would really need to do is get rid of the spirit shield, and cobalt is wide open. Unless Asuna just doesn't activate any speed amps for some reason, she should be able to catch her before she's pulled in once time stops. And even if cobalt adapts before she tries to do this, again, asuna can just time warp back to a good position, and where cobalt, and subsequently her moves as well, would be slower.
True enough but again Blood Sea Soldiers have similar if not better stuff and still find themselves overwhelmed, even in groups, so a single Asuna shouldn't be That difficult for Cobalt to be hitting even if she is superior to a single Blood Sea Soldier. As for their acrobatics, they are incredibly so, as they can dodge danmaku in the tens of thousands, whereas Asuna's best feats are dodging in the regular thousands, and they also have speed amps and methods to slow someone like Cobalt down, including her perception of things. I think Cobalt's sheer precision and ability to fight may be being underestimated👀
What if asuna used her clones to confuse cobalt? They're only around briefly but they can definitely help the og asuna fight if need be, like here. If asuna has a speed amp activated at the time they'd also be much faster than what cobalt at the time would be able to keep track of.

Maybe i'm forgetting something from the most recent chapter, but asuna should realistically upscale from her current best dodging feats due to her limit break, so i think she should be at least comparable to them in this case, especially with RE in play, which im unsure if the blood sea soldiers have.

Where do the blood sea soldiers scale? If they're comparable to base cobalt Asuna is obviously a lot stronger than that, i'm kinda just wondering why asuna can't just blow the chains away with High 6-A+ AP.

I ain't tryna underestimate cobalt at all lol, her hax are pretty broken, but you gotta defend your characer ykyk
If they are homing they likely will, if not though Cobalt has expert control over them and has had them avoid attacks from a bunch of Marx clones, granted she was overwhelmed eventually. A single Asuna will have trouble to hit them.
Asuna can guide her own attacks after they are fired, yeah. If one asuna isn't enough by any chance though, her clones could again help out with that.
She isn't exactly creating something new though she is just learning she had it and is then applying it. The more Cobalt adapts the better her regulation of Energy gets too. It is a weakness of hers even in this key, but actually tuckering her out is surprisingly difficult and gets more difficult the better she gets at using her energy and fighting which sort of cancels it out in a way. The deconstruction is just improving upon an affinity she already has, so it's one of the easiest things she can do, so that specifically would take very little energy too. After the Marx fight she was only kinda tired as well despite having just unlocked a ton of that stuff for the very first time and being pregnant on top of that (although it was only a couple months, still a factor in the fight though) which shows how her adaptation also applies to gaining very improved stamina. Cobalt lacking acrobatics also hasn't hurt her that much since she can fight alongside others like Ako just fine and keep up naturally, plus her feats of besting Blood Sea Soldiers
That still would take a long time though, wouldn't it? One think i also just realized is that cobalt might not want to irradiate the city they're in, so she'll still have to hit asuna head-on in order for this to work, Which is going to be hard with asuna's ways to defend, just as cobalt has hers.

Why would she get amped by her loved ones potentially being killed if they aren't around in this fight? 💀 Even if they share a city doesn't that mean cobalt will hold back on letting her radiation run free omnidirectionally for example to avoid irradiating the whole thing? A fight at their full power is definitely going to be a good boost to cobalts RE, but the same goes for asuna if that's the case.
That was an example of what makes her adapt faster. if there are no other individuals around, which I always assume to be the case, Cobalt won't care too much since she can control it to a point of not ruining her surroundings even in her first key.

The thing about Asun'a RE vs Cobalt's adaptation is that Asuna's has a set limit she can go up to currently thanks to her exp system, meanwhile, Cobalt has yet to display a limit in her ability to raise her power, going well beyond where Asuna's highest calc is as she gets to 5-C. Asuna only has this advantage for the short term, if Cobalt lasts long enough it'll be flipped
So they have a mind of their own? I mean, they'd remain active, but i doubt they should be able to do that, since it'd surely be something notable to put on the profile, and there's also the fact that they don't just move on their own. She has to "Wave" them there.

"She activates them by gathering energy into her hands and then waving them forward. Gathering energy for longer makes her able to summon more at a time."

Even if they are, though, and they try to pull cobalt in to save her, it's not like asuna wouldn't be able to catch cobalt before this happened. Sure, asuna might not expect that to happen, but she's got room for error. It's not like the time stop is a one-time use and she's not living on borrowed time, especially since a lot of cobalts moves are defensive-based or just counters. There isn't anything stopping her from activating one of her speed amps, like [turbocharge], or [supercharge] if asuna REALLY wants to become keemstar, and using that in stopped time to immediately catch cobalt before she's pulled in by the gates to oneshot her anyway.

Basically, All asuna would really need to do is get rid of the spirit shield, and cobalt is wide open. Unless Asuna just doesn't activate any speed amps for some reason, she should be able to catch her before she's pulled in once time stops. And even if cobalt adapts before she tries to do this, again, asuna can just time warp back to a good position, and where cobalt, and subsequently her moves as well, would be slower.
Her hands are always moving in battle but even minor movements can open portals, just not very many of them. Charging makes it easier to create a bulk but waving her arms like she's crazy can do the trick too. But primarily waving her arm in front of her is able to create a similar amount as Blast, who redirected a punching barrage from garou using his portals. Also, Cobalt's standard equipment includes her Disaster level Scanner which is basically gonna tell her all about Asuna's massive AP advantage. Cobalt is extremely smart, as we discussed in depth last time, so it makes perfect sense for her to take precautions. She'll be keeping portals close to her at all times. The description is a bit outdated because it describes them as she had just gotten them, rather than the refined ones this key should be using since the Post Awakening key takes up many months of V. Verse. It's pretty limited here but the portals are able to activate a vacuum and bring her in, which is something she has done before (as I said) after the Nova Wing attack, in fact she made that precaution as a result of being caught off guard by his time stop so she wouldn't be that close to getting killed again. This is like the exact thing she prepped for lol

There's also nothing stopping Cobalt from just going in there early and trying to form a plan similar to how Asuna does when reversing time. If Asuna's AP shoots up that much that fast then Cobalt would be very likely to take this approach; she'll be well aware that she could straight up die if she makes a mistake. Once she is actually in Hyperspace the time stop and reversal won't affect her anymore due to being in basically a whole different realm. I doubt that riftways can get Asuna there despite the interdimensional range they have because it's been established that the only method of getting to Plutonium Hyperspace is through Cobalt's own portals or reverse engineering them, both of which require you to either just be Cobalt or have her DNA structure. She wouldn't stay in there forever even if that was allowed by the thread rules, but she also won't come out unless forced or until she has a pretty good grasp on what she can and can't do here while having a few plans and backup plans
What if asuna used her clones to confuse cobalt? They're only around briefly but they can definitely help the og asuna fight if need be, like here. If asuna has a speed amp activated at the time they'd also be much faster than what cobalt at the time would be able to keep track of.
We talked about this in the last one but Cobalt handled 50 clones at once from Marx Gemini and did well before killing a bunch of them with Spirit Shield redirected attacks. Should be the same here except she likely won't get them with redirected attacks, at least not quite as easy

She can also adapt to gain speed amps of her own in Concentrated Aura which gives her a crazy boost and lets her go decently beyond even those that are blitzing her outright, and this can be further improved upon. She needs to be in concentrated before she can truly adapt this though
Where do the blood sea soldiers scale? If they're comparable to base cobalt Asuna is obviously a lot stronger than that, i'm kinda just wondering why asuna can't just blow the chains away with High 6-A+ AP.
They are High 6-A at the bare minimum but also have methods of getting to 5-C too. The point is that they struggle to do it and they found it basically impossible once Cobalt fully developed her new move. They had to resort to other stuff which Asuna also doesn't have (let's just say they have a bit of a 'chaotic' arsenal)
That still would take a long time though, wouldn't it? One think i also just realized is that cobalt might not want to irradiate the city they're in, so she'll still have to hit asuna head-on in order for this to work, Which is going to be hard with asuna's ways to defend, just as cobalt has hers.
As I mentioned if there are no citizens it's basically fair game foir what she does since she can mostly fix it herself (even if not there are plenty of others that can and will usually). Plutonium Dissipation is also already pretty concentrated onto Cobalt's targets even when that itself was new and obvs this version of Cobalt has an affinity for it which grows a very good deal quickly against Blood Sea Soldiers. Even Asuna will have a hard time if every action Cobalt takes is enough to both ignore durability and deconstruct her 👀

Speaking of 'every action' even this Cobalt has some impressive stuff in that regard, as Max Aura has:
  • Plutonium Plasma: Cobalt attacks with vicious energy waves, beams, and spheres which are infused with plasma and hyper concentrated for extra damage. The heat of these blasts is also in the higher thousands of degrees, surpassing Marx's Boss-Master Flares. The Plasma is infused into almost every blast or beam or wave that she uses. (Also the heat here isn't the sole focus, they can be used for stacked damage too since they are 6-B/High 6-B on their own)
  • Plutonium Novas: A passive field of energy's surrounding Cobalt which releases deadly shockwaves with every movement she makes, even the most minute ones, such as the flick of her finger. With this, every physical blow she does is greatly enhanced even without using any blasts. However, it won't activate unless Cobalt manually starts it. Using it she was able to shatter Marx's Boss Fields.
The fact that the Novas in particular shattered the Boss master Fields of Marx shows that they are very 'overwhelming' in nature and let Cobalt punch well above her weight class even without a single shred of adaptation. Like her other stuff, this stuff can get stronger too

That was an example of what makes her adapt faster. if there are no other individuals around, which I always assume to be the case, Cobalt won't care too much since she can control it to a point of not ruining her surroundings even in her first key.

The thing about Asun'a RE vs Cobalt's adaptation is that Asuna's has a set limit she can go up to currently thanks to her exp system, meanwhile, Cobalt has yet to display a limit in her ability to raise her power, going well beyond where Asuna's highest calc is as she gets to 5-C. Asuna only has this advantage for the short term, if Cobalt lasts long enough it'll be flipped
That’s true, but thing is the fight will have to go on for a pretty darn long time for cobalt to catch up to that. As far as I know cobalts only gotten a couple hundred times stronger due to going from Low 7-B to 7-A/High 7-A levels against Marx when she awakened. She’s no longer pregnant and is more experienced in this key, but crossing a gap that’s nearly 200,000x beyond what you’re currently capable of is gonna take a while, even for someone like cobalt.
Her hands are always moving in battle but even minor movements can open portals, just not very many of them. Charging makes it easier to create a bulk but waving her arms like she's crazy can do the trick too. But primarily waving her arm in front of her is able to create a similar amount as Blast, who redirected a punching barrage from garou using his portals. Also, Cobalt's standard equipment includes her Disaster level Scanner which is basically gonna tell her all about Asuna's massive AP advantage. Cobalt is extremely smart, as we discussed in depth last time, so it makes perfect sense for her to take precautions. She'll be keeping portals close to her at all times. The description is a bit outdated because it describes them as she had just gotten them, rather than the refined ones this key should be using since the Post Awakening key takes up many months of V. Verse. It's pretty limited here but the portals are able to activate a vacuum and bring her in, which is something she has done before (as I said) after the Nova Wing attack, in fact she made that precaution as a result of being caught off guard by his time stop so she wouldn't be that close to getting killed again. This is like the exact thing she prepped for lol

There's also nothing stopping Cobalt from just going in there early and trying to form a plan similar to how Asuna does when reversing time. If Asuna's AP shoots up that much that fast then Cobalt would be very likely to take this approach; she'll be well aware that she could straight up die if she makes a mistake. Once she is actually in Hyperspace the time stop and reversal won't affect her anymore due to being in basically a whole different realm. I doubt that riftways can get Asuna there despite the interdimensional range they have because it's been established that the only method of getting to Plutonium Hyperspace is through Cobalt's own portals or reverse engineering them, both of which require you to either just be Cobalt or have her DNA structure. She wouldn't stay in there forever even if that was allowed by the thread rules, but she also won't come out unless forced or until she has a pretty good grasp on what she can and can't do here while having a few plans and backup plans
Asuna would also be able to get some basic information on cobalt. She can tell how strong/capable people are at a glance, kind of like a byproduct of her danger sense, since due to her past Asuna practically just knows things about people, primarily in terms of power, from pure instinct. It’s pretty minor, but I think especially during the fight Asuna is gonna be able to pick up on the fact that cobalt is extremely smart, so that’d just put them on equal footing.

Even if cobalt see’s this coming and the scanner tells her everything about Asuna’s abilities (Which kind of cheats the no-prior-knowledge on each other rule bro 💀💀💀) The gates will have to pull her in extremely, and I mean EXTREMELY quickly to avoid Asuna one-shotting her right there and then while time is stopped, which will be difficult once Asuna knows the strat, especially if Asuna is at close range and uses her speed amps to intercept cobalt while that happens. And even if Asuna misses the first time, as I’ve said before, she’s still got room for error, so I’m confident she could come up with something to intercept cobalt in stopped time as well.

Asuna could do the same. She could riftway somewhere else just like cobalt or just stay put waiting for cobalt to come back, and at the same time come up with plans of her own, as well as making new skills to counter cobalts abilities. Asuna can do that mid-fight, but leaving her be would only speed up the process, so cobalt would just be letting Asuna’s accelerated development run wild to counter her superior intelligence 👀 Cobalt doesn’t seem to have accelerated development herself, which is basically RE but for non-combat situations, so Asuna would just outgrow her in terms of abilities, especially if she’s seen cobalts own, which I think is likely considering that cobalt tries to put her opponents on the defensive according to her standard tactics.
They are High 6-A at the bare minimum but also have methods of getting to 5-C too. The point is that they struggle to do it and they found it basically impossible once Cobalt fully developed her new move. They had to resort to other stuff which Asuna also doesn't have (let's just say they have a bit of a 'chaotic' arsenal)
Give them a profile fr

Yeah, I can imagine, so Asuna would be sort of in-between their actual power levels then, but we’re dealing with what is likely gonna be a baby version of the move here. It isn’t post-nova cobalt. I feel like High 6-A+ would definitely trump a smaller version of that. Although, if cobalt does manage to get it to its full potential somehow, Asuna still isn’t out of options.
  • [Intangible]: A Miscellaneous Skill, In which the users' body becomes mostly transparent, making any physical attacks thrown at them phase straight through. Lasts for a brief period of time, as it is dependant on Will and XP like most skills.
Doesn’t last forever, obviously Would be too op writing-wise if it did But if Asuna was about to get crushed or overpowered by those chains, that’d be her other saving grace besides Riftways, time magic, and pure acrobatics.
As I mentioned if there are no citizens it's basically fair game foir what she does since she can mostly fix it herself (even if not there are plenty of others that can and will usually). Plutonium Dissipation is also already pretty concentrated onto Cobalt's targets even when that itself was new and obvs this version of Cobalt has an affinity for it which grows a very good deal quickly against Blood Sea Soldiers. Even Asuna will have a hard time if every action Cobalt takes is enough to both ignore durability and deconstruct her 👀
That’d be troublesome, but again, it all depends on cobalt lasting long enough to adapt adequately to perform that, which will probably take a while like you say, especially with Asuna rewinding time to slow her down and pretty much having a headstart. Cobalt is also going to need to learn to do that in the midst of a fight that requires her to go all out, and needing to adapt to other things like asuna’s AP, speed (if she uses her amps, which is likely) etc.
Plutonium Plasma: Cobalt attacks with vicious energy waves, beams, and spheres which are infused with plasma and hyper concentrated for extra damage. The heat of these blasts is also in the higher thousands of degrees, surpassing Marx's Boss-Master Flares. The Plasma is infused into almost every blast or beam or wave that she uses. (Also the heat here isn't the sole focus, they can be used for stacked damage too since they are 6-B/High 6-B on their own)
Asuna resists heat up to 29,700 Degrees (Celsius) due to resisting lightning around her body for extended periods when she uses skills like turbocharge. (I’ve been meaning to put that on Asuna’s profile since the 7-A tourney, but I forgor 💀) So the heat itself wouldn’t do much. As for the AP, Baseline High 6-B is barely above Base Asuna’s durability, so she should be able to tank that as well.
Plutonium Novas: A passive field of energy's surrounding Cobalt which releases deadly shockwaves with every movement she makes, even the most minute ones, such as the flick of her finger. With this, every physical blow she does is greatly enhanced even without using any blasts. However, it won't activate unless Cobalt manually starts it. Using it she was able to shatter Marx's Boss Fields.
Asuna counters this with shockwave generations of her own, as well as [Reversal] even if cobalt was somehow stronger.

^ The above actually brings me back to this point. Plutonium Spiritual Shield cancels out other attack reflection abilities in general, but if cobalt uses ANY offensive moves on top of that, couldn’t Asuna use reversal the same way she did against Haruka? Reversal is pretty much an instant effect, although its 50% damage ratio and its short use time only makes it particularly good against danmaku. Cobalt has resistance to damage transferal, but Asuna is only redirecting the physical damage of attacks themselves like the description on her profile says,, not cobalts actual mysterious energy (Otherwise if she could redirect any magic she see’s, that just implies she can use them herself straight away lol, which is why it’s just kinetic energy transferal of skills)

I presume cobalt’s resistance to damage transferal is warranted for similar reasons to her power mimicry, and it doesn’t go over kinetic energy at all. Just the fact that you can’t reflect cobalt’s energy because you can’t mimic it, but reversal doesn’t concern that for the reason above ^ Reversal also isn’t a projectile that Spirit Shield could actually detect, which I think is the whole point of the shield with twisting people that come into contact as well.

It wouldn’t be the most efficient way to damage cobalt, especially considering that it’s just physical damage and not any hax effects that come with it, in and out of the verse, but it is SOMETHING that would allow Asuna to get past it without using [Negate], and if repeatedly used I think that would definitely damage cobalts core significantly, and her Low-Mid regen is pretty slow. The skill has a cooldown, obviously, but it does mean less opportunity’s for cobalt to go on the offensive 👀

Last edited:
That’s true, but thing is the fight will have to go on for a pretty darn long time for cobalt to catch up to that. As far as I know cobalts only gotten a couple hundred times stronger due to going from Low 7-B to 7-A/High 7-A levels against Marx when she awakened. She’s no longer pregnant and is more experienced in this key, but crossing a gap that’s nearly 200,000x beyond what you’re currently capable of is gonna take a while, even for someone like cobalt.
Fair enough, adaptation gets a good deal faster though since it becomes easier and easier for her to do more. Still though, that is a large gap, but clearly not something impossible as evidenced by the existence of her 5-C key

Asuna would also be able to get some basic information on cobalt. She can tell how strong/capable people are at a glance, kind of like a byproduct of her danger sense, since due to her past Asuna practically just knows things about people, primarily in terms of power, from pure instinct. It’s pretty minor, but I think especially during the fight Asuna is gonna be able to pick up on the fact that cobalt is extremely smart, so that’d just put them on equal footing.

Even if cobalt see’s this coming and the scanner tells her everything about Asuna’s abilities (Which kind of cheats the no-prior-knowledge on each other rule bro 💀💀💀) The gates will have to pull her in extremely, and I mean EXTREMELY quickly to avoid Asuna one-shotting her right there and then while time is stopped, which will be difficult once Asuna knows the strat, especially if Asuna is at close range and uses her speed amps to intercept cobalt while that happens. And even if Asuna misses the first time, as I’ve said before, she’s still got room for error, so I’m confident she could come up with something to intercept cobalt in stopped time as well.
First of all, the scanner is very obvious on her profile and pretty clearly states that it scans just for disaster levels, which is the equivalent of pure AP, so I don’t believe I ever claimed it would show her all of Asuna’s abilities and if I did it was definitely an error

It’s likely she would miss the first time. I think Cobalt’s Enervy being able continue to move at all will be shocking to Asuna and by the time she’s processed that it’s still able to move cobalt will be in the portal already and she won’t be able to reverse that because she’s in a different realm. While there, as I said, cobalt could plan for the next time Asuna time stops
Asuna could do the same. She could riftway somewhere else just like cobalt or just stay put waiting for cobalt to come back, and at the same time come up with plans of her own, as well as making new skills to counter cobalts abilities. Asuna can do that mid-fight, but leaving her be would only speed up the process, so cobalt would just be letting Asuna’s accelerated development run wild to counter her superior intelligence 👀 Cobalt doesn’t seem to have accelerated development herself, which is basically RE but for non-combat situations, so Asuna would just outgrow her in terms of abilities, especially if she’s seen cobalts own, which I think is likely considering that cobalt tries to put her opponents on the defensive according to her standard tactics.
She doesn’t need either AD or RE because she already has any abilities she would gain through either option, for her it’s all about just discovering that she has them. Cobalt’s self research was completely safe with zero stakes or adrenaline at all, so going to Hyperspace after an intense exchange where she could have died would keep her in the right mindset for adaptation and she’d likely be testing stuff out while in there and therefore meeting the conditions for good/fast adapting. There are a few things she could get that I don’t think Asuna would have an answer to, like her ability to astral project herself through Hyperspace to essentially create an intangible self back on Earth. Asuna can’t harm intangibles so she’d basically be untouchable in all cases if she adapted that part of her power

Give them a profile fr

Yeah, I can imagine, so Asuna would be sort of in-between their actual power levels then, but we’re dealing with what is likely gonna be a baby version of the move here. It isn’t post-nova cobalt. I feel like High 6-A+ would definitely trump a smaller version of that. Although, if cobalt does manage to get it to its full potential somehow, Asuna still isn’t out of options.
  • [Intangible]: A Miscellaneous Skill, In which the users' body becomes mostly transparent, making any physical attacks thrown at them phase straight through. Lasts for a brief period of time, as it is dependant on Will and XP like most skills.
Doesn’t last forever, obviously Would be too op writing-wise if it did But if Asuna was about to get crushed or overpowered by those chains, that’d be her other saving grace besides Riftways, time magic, and pure acrobatics.
I would but I need to get the mana manipulation update done

That’s somewhat of a similar way as to how Blood Sea Soldiers dodged it, so that’s fine
Asuna counters this with shockwave generations of her own, as well as [Reversal] even if cobalt was somehow stronger.

^ The above actually brings me back to this point. Plutonium Spiritual Shield cancels out other attack reflection abilities in general, but if cobalt uses ANY offensive moves on top of that, couldn’t Asuna use reversal the same way she did against Haruka? Reversal is pretty much an instant effect, although its 50% damage ratio and its short use time only makes it particularly good against danmaku. Cobalt has resistance to damage transferal, but Asuna is only redirecting the physical damage of attacks themselves like the description on her profile says,, not cobalts actual mysterious energy (Otherwise if she could redirect any magic she see’s, that just implies she can use them herself straight away lol, which is why it’s just kinetic energy transferal of skills)

I presume cobalt’s resistance to damage transferal is warranted for similar reasons to her power mimicry, and it doesn’t go over kinetic energy at all. Just the fact that you can’t reflect cobalt’s energy because you can’t mimic it, but reversal doesn’t concern that for the reason above ^ Reversal also isn’t a projectile that Spirit Shield could actually detect, which I think is the whole point of the shield with twisting people that come into contact as well.

It wouldn’t be the most efficient way to damage cobalt, especially considering that it’s just physical damage and not any hax effects that come with it, in and out of the verse, but it is SOMETHING that would allow Asuna to get past it without using [Negate], and if repeatedly used I think that would definitely damage cobalts core significantly, and her Low-Mid regen is pretty slow. The skill has a cooldown, obviously, but it does mean less opportunity’s for cobalt to go on the offensive 👀
Plutonium Novas are well beyond just shockwaves, it gets to the point where even the flick of her finger basically rips her opponent into dozens of shreds, so as you can imagine full blown attacks are WAY stronger than the flick of a finger in real life and the boost there is equivalent. It sounds like Asuna has basic shockwave generation which, while strong, doesn’t sound nearly as overwhelming in nature. The AP gap likely makes up for some of that until cobalt would adapt

I’m not sure if it would apply because the spirit shield repeatedly bends stuff out, it isn’t just a one time thing, every single instant within its range causes vicious bends, so Asuna would have to like god-spam reversal to even get anything reversed through, and we gotta keep in mind that it does this to 5-C stuff too
Leaning Incon right now though. There’s a lot of variables to this fight and both characters have lots going for them.
Yeah after everything I’m leaning here pretty good too, both have sufficient ways of growing, portals, other effects they can employ and a bunch of other stuff making it super tight, and tbh probably too close to call even if we continue

It’s likely she would miss the first time. I think Cobalt’s Enervy being able continue to move at all will be shocking to Asuna and by the time she’s processed that it’s still able to move cobalt will be in the portal already and she won’t be able to reverse that because she’s in a different realm. While there, as I said, cobalt could plan for the next time Asuna time stops
She doesn’t need either AD or RE because she already has any abilities she would gain through either option, for her it’s all about just discovering that she has them. Cobalt’s self research was completely safe with zero stakes or adrenaline at all, so going to Hyperspace after an intense exchange where she could have died would keep her in the right mindset for adaptation and she’d likely be testing stuff out while in there and therefore meeting the conditions for good/fast adapting. There are a few things she could get that I don’t think Asuna would have an answer to, like her ability to astral project herself through Hyperspace to essentially create an intangible self back on Earth. Asuna can’t harm intangibles so she’d basically be untouchable in all cases if she adapted that part of her power
Even if cobalt did immediately resort to this (Which she usually doesn't according to standard tactics to begin with) It'd depend on what type of intangibility she was able to get, but if she wants to be able to attack asuna or defend against her it'd have to be immaterial-type intangibility, Since thats a type of intangibility that still has an energy source, like cobalts astral projection would need.

This means asuna would still be able to hurt her thanks to her Non-Physical Interaction of harming ghosts 👀 The only reason asuna can't harm other people who use the [Intangible] Skill is because they "Mask" their mana & soul to avoid being hit, Which is just phasing-type. Same reason why you can't use other skills whilst using it if you're wondering.

Plus, Cobalt is Astral-Projecting herself, not vibrating her molecules at insane speeds like she'd need to for Phasing-Type, In general it sounds a lot more like immaterial than anything. So she should still be within asuna's territory.

Plus, if the disaster scanner only lets cobalt know of asuna's AP, then that'd just make it way harder for cobalt to come up with a plan, especially if she uses this early like you say, since she won't know about many of asuna's abilities. She could make a 9000 IQ plan and jump in with that, but she wouldn't be able to consider another thing asuna would have that would counter it, because she doesn't have knowledge of it. Basically, I don't think that would be very practical for cobalt unless she did it later in the fight, But by then Asuna would have probably figured out that cobalt will get pulled in by her gates, Since she'll find time magic very useful here, And find a way to intercept her in stopped time with her amps & other abilities, and land a fatal blow. Most likely on her second attempt once she see's it 👀
I’m not sure if it would apply because the spirit shield repeatedly bends stuff out, it isn’t just a one time thing, every single instant within its range causes vicious bends, so Asuna would have to like god-spam reversal to even get anything reversed through, and we gotta keep in mind that it does this to 5-C stuff too
Yeah, but what i meant to say was that reversal is like an instantly applied thing, hence why it reverses physical force specifically. Plutonium Spirit Shield only reverses projectiles (Which reversal isn't, it isn't a beam at all lol) from what i know, not effects. It's kind of like why Death Battle Said Makima could bypass Infinity using something similar. It's sort of just an instant application that doesn't need to go through a barrier to be effective.
Yeah after everything I’m leaning here pretty good too, both have sufficient ways of growing, portals, other effects they can employ and a bunch of other stuff making it super tight, and tbh probably too close to call even if we continue
Lets continue for now, Both have wincons, We just need to see if either have any that are more likely to obtain over the other.

Even if cobalt did immediately resort to this (Which she usually doesn't according to standard tactics to begin with) It'd depend on what type of intangibility she was able to get, but if she wants to be able to attack asuna or defend against her it'd have to be immaterial-type intangibility, Since thats a type of intangibility that still has an energy source, like cobalts astral projection would need.

This means asuna would still be able to hurt her thanks to her Non-Physical Interaction of harming ghosts 👀 The only reason asuna can't harm other people who use the [Intangible] Skill is because they "Mask" their mana & soul to avoid being hit, Which is just phasing-type. Same reason why you can't use other skills whilst using it if you're wondering.

Plus, Cobalt is Astral-Projecting herself, not vibrating her molecules at insane speeds like she'd need to for Phasing-Type, In general it sounds a lot more like immaterial than anything. So she should still be within asuna's territory.
  • Intangibility, Invisibility, and Astral Projection (Capable of projecting herself into the world despite being within Plutonium Hyperspace, using it as a medium to form a phantom of her 'true self which can still fight yet is nearly devoid of the ability to actually be damaged. Ochitame considered her to be 'non-existent' after she used this move on him, like she wasn't even in the same realm.)
Harming ghosts doesn't even scratch the surface of being able to harm Cobalt if she's in this state. That is like the bare minimum you may need, sure, but the Cobalt that can actually be damaged is not the same as the Cobalt being projected from Hyperspace. Asuna would need to be able to harm her across universal space-time, not to mention she can't be hurt by the regular punches from Ochitame, who is a Bloodborn and is far, far above typical Blood Sea Soldiers who are able to negate intangibility through their weaponry, so she'd also need a much stronger version of non physical too. It's unlikely Cobalt gets this just through pure fighting and much more so if Cobalt decides to camp in Hyperspace instead
Plus, if the disaster scanner only lets cobalt know of asuna's AP, then that'd just make it way harder for cobalt to come up with a plan, especially if she uses this early like you say, since she won't know about many of asuna's abilities. She could make a 9000 IQ plan and jump in with that, but she wouldn't be able to consider another thing asuna would have that would counter it, because she doesn't have knowledge of it. Basically, I don't think that would be very practical for cobalt unless she did it later in the fight, But by then Asuna would have probably figured out that cobalt will get pulled in by her gates, Since she'll find time magic very useful here, And find a way to intercept her in stopped time with her amps & other abilities, and land a fatal blow. Most likely on her second attempt once she see's it👀
Not really because it's the same for Asuna, there is no prior knowledge for either side and Cobalt's abilities are ever changing/improving and becoming new, plus,l Cobalt is a good deal smarter than her anyway so really Cobalt has the advantage in this aspect regardless. It's also not impossible for Cobalt to learn that Asuna is reversing time too. She can already fight and defeat people who have precog and is well aware of time-based powers, so there's no reason to assume she just wouldn't know if Asuna uses that more than once. Plus she won't have a second attempt at all as long as Cobalt succeeds the first time which as I've said is pretty likely. Look, if someone thinks they are going to DIE, this someone would pull out every stop to make sure that doesn't happen, and because Asuna has such a high Ap advantage, Cobalt is gonna be under this mindset very quickly
Yeah, but what i meant to say was that reversal is like an instantly applied thing, hence why it reverses physical force specifically. Plutonium Spirit Shield only reverses projectiles (Which reversal isn't, it isn't a beam at all lol) from what i know, not effects. It's kind of like why Death Battle Said Makima could bypass Infinity using something similar. It's sort of just an instant application that doesn't need to go through a barrier to be effective.
But it does reflect the physical stuff too, I mean it literally says that it reflects opponents when they physically attack, bending them all around the same way that it would for any blast or projectile 🗿
The tier 5 feats come from reversing out attacks from Triton, even in his “Hero Wrecker” mode which is very high into 5-C as he can handle punches from Darox very well, and his AP is similar to his durability. Force reversal is something Triton attempted
It also sounds exactly like what Triton attempted and completely failed to do against an 8 months pregnant Cobalt. I don't see how it is viable at all really

• Intangibility, Invisibility, and Astral Projection (Capable of projecting herself into the world despite being within Plutonium Hyperspace, using it as a medium to form a phantom of her 'true self which can still fight yet is nearly devoid of the ability to actually be damaged. Ochitame considered her to be 'non-existent' after she used this move on him, like she wasn't even in the same realm.)
Harming ghosts doesn't even scratch the surface of being able to harm Cobalt if she's in this state. That is like the bare minimum you may need, sure, but the Cobalt that can actually be damaged is not the same as the Cobalt being projected from Hyperspace. Asuna would need to be able to harm her across universal space-time, not to mention she can't be hurt by the regular punches from Ochitame, who is a Bloodborn and is far, far above typical Blood Sea Soldiers who are able to negate intangibility through their weaponry, so she'd also need a much stronger version of non physical too. It's unlikely Cobalt gets this just through pure fighting and much more so if Cobalt decides to camp in Hyperspace instead
Yeah, but asuna could also do the same thing by camping somewhere else entirely with a riftway and replacing herself with clones to fight for her by sending them through a riftway when they're about to disappear, which she won't need to spam either. Even if asuna couldn't harm an intangible version of cobalt even then, having her clones out instead of her means that it just creates a battle of pure stamina at that point, since neither could reliably reach their original opponent (Asuna can't reach cobalts dimension, and Cobalt doesn't know where asuna is teleporting to.) So at best it'd just be a stalemate if that happened 🗿 It's also possible that asuna creates a skill just as quickly that would create just as many problems as cobalts intangibility would.

Another possibility is that asuna uses this:
  • [Barrier Of Chaos]: A Skill created by asuna, inspired by haruka's "Void of Despair". Similar to trapping the opponent in a place where the user has control, The target is enveloped by an empty white void. From there, Asuna can fire many attacks into it, creating a highly deadly form of danmaku. Presumably, like the void of despair, if the target has an immensely strong will, they can break out of this skill forcefully.
Which, with cobalts lack of supernatural willpower and resistance to/experience with pocket dimensions, would be pretty darn difficult to get out of unless she stops her astral projection altogether, which would kind of be the point.

But basically, all of this would just result in whoever can keep going the longest. Which, i would like to argue would be asuna, Due to Supernatural Willpower and pretty much even stamina between them being a factor. Cobalt is really good at conserving energy, but overtime i think this would drain her too, needing to constantly have her projection active and all, whilst asuna technically doesn't have to do any fighting of her own, just send out a clone every 30 or so seconds. But if cobalt can go indefinitely somehow as well this would just result in incon 💀
Not really because it's the same for Asuna, there is no prior knowledge for either side and Cobalt's abilities are ever changing/improving and becoming new, plus,l Cobalt is a good deal smarter than her anyway so really Cobalt has the advantage in this aspect regardless. It's also not impossible for Cobalt to learn that Asuna is reversing time too. She can already fight and defeat people who have precog and is well aware of time-based powers, so there's no reason to assume she just wouldn't know if Asuna uses that more than once. Plus she won't have a second attempt at all as long as Cobalt succeeds the first time which as I've said is pretty likely. Look, if someone thinks they are going to DIE, this someone would pull out every stop to make sure that doesn't happen, and because Asuna has such a high Ap advantage, Cobalt is gonna be under this mindset very quickly
Well, then again, asuna's still got a shot to catch cobalt as she's pulled in before this happens, especially since she wouldn't be messing around either in that case. She just needs to have Turbocharge or otherwise get significantly superior speed to catch her before that happens, which asuna tends to use a lot, especially during fights that require her full power. Asuna failing the first time kinda depends on this. She just needs to use the right skills.

I don't think it's gonna matter, because the above situation will happen ^ Both of them will just keep countering each other and yet not be able to kill their original opponent.
But it does reflect the physical stuff too, I mean it literally says that it reflects opponents when they physically attack, bending them all around the same way that it would for any blast or projectile 🗿
Yeah, but only when they're trying to enter the shield itself, not when it's already being applied on cobalts body.
It also sounds exactly like what Triton attempted and completely failed to do against an 8 months pregnant Cobalt. I don't see how it is viable at all really
This is a bit different. To my knowledge, Triton just tried to bust through the shield from outside with reversal moves of his own, not applying it directly onto her body from his position like telekinesis.

Oh, I just thought of this too, but asuna could also Potentially Bypass Cobalts Mind Manipulation Resistance and attack her mentally. Cobalt making a shield around her mind would block skills like [Distract] Conventionally, but if asuna makes a better version of it like she did with Turbocharge with the creation of supercharge, and uses [Negate] on the shields around her head, couldn't she just fry cobalts brain that way, or at least significantly hinder her from fighting effectively? Cobalt doesn't seem to have a backup plan for that at all, and her method of resisting it is removable as i've explained 👀

Yeah, but asuna could also do the same thing by camping somewhere else entirely with a riftway and replacing herself with clones to fight for her by sending them through a riftway when they're about to disappear, which she won't need to spam either. Even if asuna couldn't harm an intangible version of cobalt even then, having her clones out instead of her means that it just creates a battle of pure stamina at that point, since neither could reliably reach their original opponent (Asuna can't reach cobalts dimension, and Cobalt doesn't know where asuna is teleporting to.) So at best it'd just be a stalemate if that happened 🗿 It's also possible that asuna creates a skill just as quickly that would create just as many problems as cobalts intangibility would.

Another possibility is that asuna uses this:
  • [Barrier Of Chaos]: A Skill created by asuna, inspired by haruka's "Void of Despair". Similar to trapping the opponent in a place where the user has control, The target is enveloped by an empty white void. From there, Asuna can fire many attacks into it, creating a highly deadly form of danmaku. Presumably, like the void of despair, if the target has an immensely strong will, they can break out of this skill forcefully.
Which, with cobalts lack of supernatural willpower and resistance to/experience with pocket dimensions, would be pretty darn difficult to get out of unless she stops her astral projection altogether, which would kind of be the point.
Is that in character for Asuna to even do? Unlike Cobalt who has genuinely done this, In know that Asuna hasn't and if it was something she'd do she would've done it against Haruka. Barrier of Chaos also can't be applied to the true Cobalt if she's just hanging out in Hyperspace (If Ochitame can't do it, no amount of power creation for Asuna is gonna be able to solve that problem, this dude is practically a god)
But basically, all of this would just result in whoever can keep going the longest. Which, i would like to argue would be asuna, Due to Supernatural Willpower and pretty much even stamina between them being a factor. Cobalt is really good at conserving energy, but overtime i think this would drain her too, needing to constantly have her projection active and all, whilst asuna technically doesn't have to do any fighting of her own, just send out a clone every 30 or so seconds. But if cobalt can go indefinitely somehow as well this would just result in incon 💀
Cobalt's whole stamina situation is really weird. On one hand, her moves are pretty draining, especially if they are like brand new. On the other hand, the more she learns and adapts her Energy the higher her stamina gets in addition to learning to control it far better. So really, she's technically not losing stamina unless she's going off the wall with spams, but it sounds like this fight won't have that based on all discussed so far. In the right situation, it's very plausible that she can go indefinitely. I mean the only time she has honest to god truly been out of stamina was when she was eight months pregnant and this was after sealing Nova Wing and dealing with BS from Triton. It's been mentioned many times already but that isn't the case here. This is also part of why I still think incon is the most likely outcome
Well, then again, asuna's still got a shot to catch cobalt as she's pulled in before this happens, especially since she wouldn't be messing around either in that case. She just needs to have Turbocharge or otherwise get significantly superior speed to catch her before that happens, which asuna tends to use a lot, especially during fights that require her full power. Asuna failing the first time kinda depends on this. She just needs to use the right skills.
I mean there's also the chance that Cobalt portals away on move number 1 as soon as she sees that AP difference, but this would be unlikely. There's a lot that goes into this and a bunch of different ways it can go down. There are situations where Asuna gets Cobalt first, but there are many situations where Cobalt is successful too. Seems like another arrow towards an incon result
I don't think it's gonna matter, because the above situation will happen ^ Both of them will just keep countering each other and yet not be able to kill their original opponent.

Yeah, but only when they're trying to enter the shield itself, not when it's already being applied on cobalts body.

This is a bit different. To my knowledge, Triton just tried to bust through the shield from outside with reversal moves of his own, not applying it directly onto her body from his position like telekinesis.
1. Exactly

2. I'm not sure whast exactly you mean because to get to the body they have to go through the spirit shield, but even if it just ignores it entirely Cobalt has her Reverse Dissipation which can heal wounds instantly that her Low-Mid regen wouldn't heal at all. Also should probably point out that instant things like teleporting both individuals and attacks into the spirit shield (especially deep into it) has basically always resulted in a bad time for the one attempting to do so

(Also the description for Reversal pretty blatantly says 'back towards the target' so this heavily implies it's just some form of attack reflection which the spirit shield obviously has covered. I mean it's literally listed as attack reflection too)

3. His move was like a 'reversal wheel' where he basically reversed the same things thousands and thousands of times over and over itself, all at 5-C and even raising the stats and still being incapable of getting through the 8 month pregnant not even 6-A Spirit Shield
Oh, I just thought of this too, but asuna could also Potentially Bypass Cobalts Mind Manipulation Resistance and attack her mentally. Cobalt making a shield around her mind would block skills like [Distract] Conventionally, but if asuna makes a better version of it like she did with Turbocharge with the creation of supercharge, and uses [Negate] on the shields around her head, couldn't she just fry cobalts brain that way, or at least significantly hinder her from fighting effectively? Cobalt doesn't seem to have a backup plan for that at all, and her method of resisting it is removable as i've explained 👀
Cobalt can just do the same thing and form a different type of shield, her Energy essentially has limitless potential. Negate only takes out one thing at a time so all Cobalt needs is a little bit of a different barrier (an extremely tiny version of any of her shielding moves will do the trick) and that point just goes out the window as soon as Asuna attempts it

Plus if she does that she can't negate Spirit Shield or portals

Is that in character for Asuna to even do? Unlike Cobalt who has genuinely done this, In know that Asuna hasn't and if it was something she'd do she would've done it against Haruka. Barrier of Chaos also can't be applied to the true Cobalt if she's just hanging out in Hyperspace (If Ochitame can't do it, no amount of power creation for Asuna is gonna be able to solve that problem, this dude is practically a god)
Well, if there’s one thing that would have stopped Asuna from doing that canonically, it’d be because the adventurers tournament wouldn’t allow something like that 👀 Here she wouldn’t really have to worry about not killing her opponent or something like that. Plus, if cobalt plays a game like this, Asuna will see what’s up and would need a good spot to come up with a plan and also defend just as effectively anyway.

Yeah, but it does mean cobalt will need to spam her astral projection since she’ll need to get out of things like that without supernatural willpower somehow. Which cobalt could handle, but it would make managing her stamina more troublesome to some degree.
2. I'm not sure whast exactly you mean because to get to the body they have to go through the spirit shield, but even if it just ignores it entirely Cobalt has her Reverse Dissipation which can heal wounds instantly that her Low-Mid regen wouldn't heal at all. Also should probably point out that instant things like teleporting both individuals and attacks into the spirit shield (especially deep into it) has basically always resulted in a bad time for the one attempting to do so
Yeah, that’s what I’m saying. An instant, non-projectile effect doesn’t need to go through the shield at all.

Even then, the move has cooldowns and drains cobalts stamina. Particularly early on colbalt would need to avoid attacking when reversals cool-down is gone, which kind of limits cobalts ability to fight unless she can work this somehow, while it only benefits Asuna.
Cobalt can just do the same thing and form a different type of shield, her Energy essentially has limitless potential. Negate only takes out one thing at a time so all Cobalt needs is a little bit of a different barrier (an extremely tiny version of any of her shielding moves will do the trick) and that point just goes out the window as soon as Asuna attempts it

Plus if she does that she can't negate Spirit Shield or portals
True, but what I was getting at was that cobalt can’t stack her shields. So She has to pick between physical or mental defence if this happens. Plutonium Spirit Shield can’t be used if any other shield is active according to its description, so by forcing cobalt to use any shield AT ALL that isn’t spirit shield itself, it will prevent its usage.

This also goes for plutonium heat shield and plutonium full shield as well. This means cobalt would either need a lot of time to come up with something to replace her best shields, or she’d have to resort to moves like plutonium guard max, which Asuna would have a much easier time taking out considering her AP combined with AoE and Danmaku.

Plutonium max hands could replace spirit shield, but that’s very temporary and cobalt would have a much harder time defending considering it wouldn’t be Omnidirectional like the shield, meaning Asuna could use riftways to send her attackts through to cobalt from the back, sides, top, bottom, etc. And even if this didn’t work, Asuna just has to wait it out and jump in once the cool-down kicks in. She would have an easier time with this as well.

Either way, this would be a good opportunity for Asuna to end the fight right then and there, since breaking through cobalts shields won’t be excessively difficult, and her superior AP will ensure this happens.

Yeah, but it does mean cobalt will need to spam her astral projection since she’ll need to get out of things like that without supernatural willpower somehow. Which cobalt could handle, but it would make managing her stamina more troublesome to some degree.
She won’t need to get out of it because it won’t reflect her 🗿 her astral projection will make her untouchable for its duration, and hitting it doesn’t just take it out it’ll be there regardless of what is done to it. Plus she doesn’t need to leave hyperspace to just turn it on and off again
Even then, the move has cooldowns and drains cobalts stamina. Particularly early on colbalt would need to avoid attacking when reversals cool-down is gone, which kind of limits cobalts ability to fight unless she can work this somehow, while it only benefits Asuna.
She is capable of making layered plans in a shockingly short amount of time so I have very little doubt that she wouldn’t be able to come up with multiple things to go around this, she regulates her energy and cooldowns extremely well and is aware of her weaknesses. Cobalts superior battle smarts will shine here
True, but what I was getting at was that cobalt can’t stack her shields. So She has to pick between physical or mental defence if this happens. Plutonium Spirit Shield can’t be used if any other shield is active according to its description, so by forcing cobalt to use any shield AT ALL that isn’t spirit shield itself, it will prevent its usage.

This also goes for plutonium heat shield and plutonium full shield as well. This means cobalt would either need a lot of time to come up with something to replace her best shields, or she’d have to resort to moves like plutonium guard max, which Asuna would have a much easier time taking out considering her AP combined with AoE and Danmaku.

Plutonium max hands could replace spirit shield, but that’s very temporary and cobalt would have a much harder time defending considering it wouldn’t be Omnidirectional like the shield, meaning Asuna could use riftways to send her attackts through to cobalt from the back, sides, top, bottom, etc. And even if this didn’t work, Asuna just has to wait it out and jump in once the cool-down kicks in. She would have an easier time with this as well.

Either way, this would be a good opportunity for Asuna to end the fight right then and there, since breaking through cobalts shields won’t be excessively difficult, and her superior AP will ensure this happens.
Except she can stack her shields, I mean plutonium guard max literally has 3 stacked shields which are passive (cobalt doesn’t need to personally maintain them), it’s not like that’s the extend of her barrier-work either, stacking regular barriers (including her mental one) isn’t a problem (and especially with adaptation in that aspect specifically) plus, the ’unable to activate another shield move’ is supposed to be referring to her big three moves with the word Shield in them, so spirit shield, full shield, and heat shield. Those three cannot be used in unison but any other barrier is fair game, especially the brain shield which is on like 24/7. All she has to do is slightly change the Energy makeup of her brain shield to one that isn’t negated, something which is much harder to do with those main shield moves. The only way Asuna will be able to truly take advantage is if cobalt has to resort to a mini version of her big three shield moves which is unlikely considering the limitless potential of her Energy (and keeping in mind that whatever she can possibly gain is technically already there, so literally any variation, leaving almost no room to take advantage of a negated brain shield assuming she doesn’t just book it to hyperspace instead instantly once it’s negated)

See above

At this point cobalt will just go to hyperspace and we are back to square one 🗿

She won’t need to get out of it because it won’t reflect her 🗿 her astral projection will make her untouchable for its duration, and hitting it doesn’t just take it out it’ll be there regardless of what is done to it. Plus she doesn’t need to leave hyperspace to just turn it on and off again
True, but if asuna does a similar strategy like i've described above she's basically untouchable too.
She is capable of making layered plans in a shockingly short amount of time so I have very little doubt that she wouldn’t be able to come up with multiple things to go around this, she regulates her energy and cooldowns extremely well and is aware of her weaknesses. Cobalts superior battle smarts will shine here
Yeah, but Cobalt would need to make an entirely new shield designed to protect against things that sort of instantly hit her like [Reversal] will, which i know she can do, but she isn't going to be completely focused on that when she has to adapt to Asuna's AP, Speed (Once she used her speed amps at least) As well as needing to grow her own abilities, like the chains. Cobalt has to do a lot of things at once, which would slow the process down.
so like with Asuna cobalt has an extreme advantage when it ones to planning here, although this is far more important considering Javen doesn’t have any precog or danger sense equivalent which would counter it.
Beyond defensive planning though, Cobalt definitely has better smarts, i'm not denying that, but with the right kit, a Genius can still cause some trouble to an Extraordinary Genius, and you acknowledged this in Javen vs Cobalt. Cobalt would come up with multi-layered plans quicker, But it would be hard to execute them successfully, since asuna could see any traps coming thanks to her danger sense. This is especially true early on when cobalt would need to identify asuna's precog as well. I'm not saying cobalt couldn't outsmart asuna, but beyond the world chains (Which would take time to grow beyond a mini version) cobalt doesn't have a real counter to precog to my knowledge.
At this point cobalt will just go to hyperspace and we are back to square one 🗿
💀 💀 💀

I think i'll just go over the wincons rn, which isn't a lot for either of them tbh

Asuna:
  • Stopping Time, and negating one of cobalts shields/barriers beforehand, and immediately intercepting cobalt before she is pulled into hyperspace to oneshot her. (Based on if she has [Turbocharge] or [Supercharge] Activated at the time or not.)
Cobalt:
  • Fully Adapting the world chains to stat-stomp asuna (Takes an extremely long time)
Technically, Asuna has a more viable and likely wincon here, especially since a full version of the world chains would take a long while to adapt, but it does depend on the factors listed, and cobalt is highly likely to book it to hyperspace like you say if she fails. (Which i feel is a bit contradictory to her standard tactics of fighting fiercely and keeping her opponent on the defensive.)

Although, If cobalts hyperspace isn't like outside the universe where manipulating time wouldn't affect it, then asuna could just do that to fix her mistake, and her wincon there is definitely more likely. But if im wrong and it is, I think this is just going to go back-and-forth with no clear winner the moment cobalt runs to her hyperspace. Plus a fight between Cobalts astral projection & asuna's clones aren't even themselves fighting 🗿

There's still lots of ways this could go too, which makes it even more unclear. If there aren't any objections I might vote Incon FRA

Beyond defensive planning though, Cobalt definitely has better smarts, i'm not denying that, but with the right kit, a Genius can still cause some trouble to an Extraordinary Genius, and you acknowledged this in Javen vs Cobalt. Cobalt would come up with multi-layered plans quicker, But it would be hard to execute them successfully, since asuna could see any traps coming thanks to her danger sense. This is especially true early on when cobalt would need to identify asuna's precog as well. I'm not saying cobalt couldn't outsmart asuna, but beyond the world chains (Which would take time to grow beyond a mini version) cobalt doesn't have a real counter to precog to my knowledge.
I mean this kind of ignores that she was able to plan around and even kill multiple Blood Sea Soldiers who themselves have precog which I noted earlier to be better than Asuna's since they can literally see future actions, but this Cobalt isn't as good as the next key is. either way, still pretty possible
I think i'll just go over the wincons rn, which isn't a lot for either of them tbh

Asuna:
  • Stopping Time, and negating one of cobalts shields/barriers beforehand, and immediately intercepting cobalt before she is pulled into hyperspace to oneshot her. (Based on if she has [Turbocharge] or [Supercharge] Activated at the time or not.)
Cobalt:
  • Fully Adapting the world chains to stat-stomp asuna (Takes an extremely long time)
Technically, Asuna has a more viable and likely wincon here, especially since a full version of the world chains would take a long while to adapt, but it does depend on the factors listed, and cobalt is highly likely to book it to hyperspace like you say if she fails. (Which i feel is a bit contradictory to her standard tactics of fighting fiercely and keeping her opponent on the defensive.)

Although, If cobalts hyperspace isn't like outside the universe where manipulating time wouldn't affect it, then asuna could just do that to fix her mistake, and her wincon there is definitely more likely. But if im wrong and it is, I think this is just going to go back-and-forth with no clear winner the moment cobalt runs to her hyperspace. Plus a fight between Cobalts astral projection & asuna's clones aren't even themselves fighting 🗿

There's still lots of ways this could go too, which makes it even more unclear. If there aren't any objections I might vote Incon FRA
If Cobalt adapted enough she'd have way more wincons than just that but I guess it is the most obvious/likely one. I already thought a few messages ago that this would go the way of incon, but now that it's more clear I think it's safe to vote for it now, so incon FRA

Back