• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strong-Willed Mage VS Vengeful Scientist (Asuna Kamakura Vs Cobalt) (Bakuhatsu VS VeneficaVerse) (0-0-0)

I don’t think you can just add that in the middle of a match, it should fall under adding new abilities. Also now I’m wondering about the Class T justification. There’s no calc for Asuna’s Class G and Class T is hundreds of times above baseline. It’d really affect this match where exactly it stands in LS it seems.
This reminds me, now is probably a good time to point out that Asuna has a noticeable lack of any power mimicry anywhere on her profile so absolute defense is out too (I was iffy on that in the first place due to the lack of its name being on her profile), but I really should’ve noticed this sooner. This reduces what all Asuna can use to defend but she still has a couple viable options.

Tbh though, this match is extremely close either way but I think I’ve seen enough to have confidence in a vote for cobalt

Radiation doesn’t inflict straight on pain btw, it’s more of a poisonous sickening pain. I’m not sure if Asuna has dealt with anything like it. Her willpower may not help as much for that as normal, and it’ll be across the whole body. Simply being around radiation can infect you. No contact on cobalt’s part is actually necessary
The effects of it aren’t just going to immediately kill Asuna though. She’d be infected, yeah, but i don’t think it’s something healing magic couldn’t deal with logically speaking (creating/regenerating cells once again) which is why I’m bringing it up so much.
This reminds me, now is probably a good time to point out that Asuna has a noticeable lack of any power mimicry anywhere on her profile so absolute defense is out too (I was iffy on that in the first place due to the lack of its name being on her profile), but I really should’ve noticed this sooner. This reduces what all Asuna can use to defend but she still has a couple viable options.
I did realize i haven’t added that to her profile, yeah, (I should tho) but that doesn’t mean she can’t replicate moves she’s literally already seen. That’s why power creation is there. Besides, she’s already done that with turbocharge (from Shizu) and made it better. What’s not to say those other skills are out of the question?

Also, i don’t think you’ve answered how cobalt would deal with Asuna trying to crush, or at least slow down cobalt with gravity magic (Shizu did it to Haruka in chapter 7, so i don’t think this would be out of character if this fight goes far enough for them to kill each other) she has gravity manipulation of her own, sure, but that’s something that nullify could also work against. Even if it’s on cooldown, there’s no reason to say Asuna can’t just wait for it to turn off and THEN use it on cobalts’ gravity manip.

^ Even if it doesn’t kill cobalt, that still would hinder her a lot, which means, once again, her brains are wasted if she can’t execute her strategies like I’ve been saying.

…Which also begs the question, since the battle conditions here are that both of them are initially trying to simply stop the other by incapping or knocking them out (Though as I’ve explained above they will kill each other if it comes down to it) would cobalt even resort to starting off with radiation if she doesn’t want to kill? (Says on her profile she can turn it off too, so…) Even if she does activate early on for whatever reason, that’s still extra time for Asuna to figure out how to win.

I did realize i haven’t added that to her profile, yeah, (I should tho) but that doesn’t mean she can’t replicate moves she’s literally already seen. That’s why power creation is there. Besides, she’s already done that with turbocharge (from Shizu) and made it better. What’s not to say those other skills are out of the question?
Sure but it isn’t on there at all, not even really alluded towards so I really don’t see a justification for having it in the fight
The effects of it aren’t just going to immediately kill Asuna though. She’d be infected, yeah, but i don’t think it’s something healing magic couldn’t deal with logically speaking (creating/regenerating cells once again) which is why I’m bringing it up so much.
Of course not but it could definitely slow her body down even if her mind still runs at its regular speed, feeling sick tends to do that and this is pretty powerful radiation we’re talking about here. Like before, Cobalt already has methods of closing speed gaps, extending Asuna’s cooldowns (plutonium domain) and planning constantly to generate multiple different strategies at once. Asuna would find it very difficult to plan a decent counter to everything cobalt has
Also, i don’t think you’ve answered how cobalt would deal with Asuna trying to crush, or at least slow down cobalt with gravity magic (Shizu did it to Haruka in chapter 7, so i don’t think this would be out of character if this fight goes far enough for them to kill each other) she has gravity manipulation of her own, sure, but that’s something that nullify could also work against. Even if it’s on cooldown, there’s no reason to say Asuna can’t just wait for it to turn off and THEN use it on cobalts’ gravity manip.

…Which also begs the question, since the battle conditions here are that both of them are initially trying to simply stop the other by incapping or knocking them out (Though as I’ve explained above they will kill each other if it comes down to it) would cobalt even resort to starting off with radiation if she doesn’t want to kill? (Says on her profile she can turn it off too, so…) Even if she does activate early on for whatever reason, that’s still extra time for Asuna to figure out how to win.
Cobalt can pretty much effortlessly stop Marx’s gravity, and danger sense won’t ever inside Asuna if how her opponent would be dodging so I actually think plutonium bend can be brought back as a viable defense considering its use here wouldn’t be for anything directing damage towards Asuna. Plus she can escape the gravity holds via putting a hyperspace gate under herself and letting herself fall in to reappear somewhere else anyway. Gates have also been shown transferring non physical abilities such as nuclear explosions away so she could likely just use gates around her and greatly weaken the influence gravity magic would have

So according to everything I’ve seen, and I’ve done my absolute best to try and be unbiased, I think that cobalt wins more often than not. But once again this is a pretty close one. Cobalt FRA

I don’t think you can just add that in the middle of a match, it should fall under adding new abilities. Also now I’m wondering about the Class T justification. There’s no calc for Asuna’s Class G and Class T is hundreds of times above baseline. It’d really affect this match where exactly it stands in LS it seems.
Venefica also made an argument for cobalt being class T too out of the blue:
If you wanna make that argument, Cobalt is Class T too. She can also control attacks able to level mountains.

Of course not but it could definitely slow her body down even if her mind still runs at its regular speed, feeling sick tends to do that and this is pretty powerful radiation we’re talking about here. Like before, Cobalt already has methods of closing speed gaps, extending Asuna’s cooldowns (plutonium domain) and planning constantly to generate multiple different strategies at once. Asuna would find it very difficult to plan a decent counter to everything cobalt has
Asuna has literally pushed through have most of her organs destroyed and didn’t slow down (Volume 1 chapter 3) so I’m not sure how being sick would hinder Asuna in that way 🗿 The speed gaps thing is true, but it’s not like Asuna will ever fall behind either, especially when her speed amps are much more immediate if she uses thunder magic to do it.
Cobalt can pretty much effortlessly stop Marx’s gravity, and danger sense won’t ever inside Asuna if how her opponent would be dodging so I actually think plutonium bend can be brought back as a viable defense considering its use here wouldn’t be for anything directing damage towards Asuna. Plus she can escape the gravity holds via putting a hyperspace gate under herself and letting herself fall in to reappear somewhere else anyway. Gates have also been shown transferring non physical abilities such as nuclear explosions away so she could likely just use gates around her and greatly weaken the influence gravity magic would have
I’m very sure Marx is just reversing gravity, whilst Asuna can literally increase it at a specific point hundreds of times over, since it’s a spacetime thing. I guess the hyperspace gate thing is true, but would cobalt be expecting it if it were sudden? She can sense asuna’s energy signature and predict her moves, sure, but what about spacetime itself? Would cobalt have enough time to do anything? Even if cobalt escapes, who’s saying Asuna can’t use it again? Cobalt would kinda be stuck
So according to everything I’ve seen, and I’ve done my absolute best to try and be unbiased, I think that cobalt wins more often than not. But once again this is a pretty close one. Cobalt FRA
I do agree this is fairly close, and I’ve tried to not be biased on my part either, but i still kind of think the opposite if we’re going to be voting right now, especially when cobalt wouldn’t use radiation right away, it seems. (Which i personally think at best would be a minor hindrance considering Asuna’s ways to counter it) Asuna FRA 👍

Because I misinterpreted your argument, I thought you were claiming that using/controlling or manipulating a mountain busting attack = Class T automatically, you cleared it up in your next post where I said that cobalt can’t do what Asuna was doing
Ah, okay, mb, but i think the new calc does show that she has a major advantage in that regard, not that it’d be used for anything other than gravity magic crushing cobalt though 🗿

I’m very sure Marx is just reversing gravity, whilst Asuna can literally increase it at a specific point hundreds of times over, since it’s a spacetime thing. I guess the hyperspace gate thing is true, but would cobalt be expecting it if it were sudden? She can sense asuna’s energy signature and predict her moves, sure, but what about spacetime itself? Would cobalt have enough time to do anything? Even if cobalt escapes, who’s saying Asuna can’t use it again? Cobalt would kinda be stuck
No, did I not point out earlier that he’s increasing gravity by hundreds of times too? Now that you’ve confirmed Asuna is working in the same range in terms of multiplying gravity as Marx even with the LS (which actually really only applies in terms of telekinesis-esque stuff, and don’t try to argue that gravity magic is akin to telekinesis because with the amount of times it’s been mentioned you’d have definitely already done it) Cobalt is already proven to be able to easily push back against that without gates and adaptation, and this cobalt is obviously aware of her own feats vs Marx so she doesn’t need to adapt anyway. Not sure what it being sudden would accomplish since cobalt can sense the attack before it occurs. This is not a very viable wincon for Asuna and I see no reason to overturn my vote for cobalt.

No, did I not point out earlier that he’s increasing gravity by hundreds of times too? Now that you’ve confirmed Asuna is working in the same range in terms of multiplying gravity as Marx even with the LS (which actually really only applies in terms of telekinesis-esque stuff, and don’t try to argue that gravity magic is akin to telekinesis because with the amount of times it’s been mentioned you’d have definitely already done it) Cobalt is already proven to be able to easily push back against that without gates and adaptation, and this cobalt is obviously aware of her own feats vs Marx so she doesn’t need to adapt anyway. Not sure what it being sudden would accomplish since cobalt can sense the attack before it occurs. This is not a very viable wincon for Asuna and I see no reason to overturn my vote for cobalt.
That’s fair, but that also goes for cobalts’ own gravity manipulation (Can be turned off with nullify and also negated with Asuna’s own gravity manip) as i just mentioned, so both of them are kind of just equal again in that regard.

Also gimme one example of her new powers excluding magistream
Full Potential Nova Mode: The suit’s power is only as great as the will of the person wearing it. As such, Star’s anxiety and low self-esteem often hold her back from her true potential as a hero. If she were to become angry or determined enough to bypass this low self-esteem, she accesses reserves of the suit’s power she could not before. In this new mode, she has far greater speed and strength, fueled by her desire to protect and be the hero she wants to be. As her self-esteem grows, these powers will become more permanent. Her appearance is slightly altered as well: a star-shaped mark appears on her left eye, right where her real birthmark would be.

• Spark Starlight: Star emits an extremely bright flash of light, which is concentrated so that it doesn't blind any allies. The flash is so great, that even blocking the eyes won't block it, very similar to the 100 times solar flare from DBS. It's shot from her hands like a light beam.

Full Potential Nova Mode: The suit’s power is only as great as the will of the person wearing it. As such, Star’s anxiety and low self-esteem often hold her back from her true potential as a hero. If she were to become angry or determined enough to bypass this low self-esteem, she accesses reserves of the suit’s power she could not before. In this new mode, she has far greater speed and strength, fueled by her desire to protect and be the hero she wants to be. As her self-esteem grows, these powers will become more permanent. Her appearance is slightly altered as well: a star-shaped mark appears on her left eye, right where her real birthmark would be.

• Spark Starlight: Star emits an extremely bright flash of light, which is concentrated so that it doesn't blind any allies. The flash is so great, that even blocking the eyes won't block it, very similar to the 100 times solar flare from DBS. It's shot from her hands like a light beam.
Javen as soon as he sees this:

Back