• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Father (KND) should be stronger than grandfather (KND)

So on the grandfather profile. it stats he's stronger than father. but the knd wiki and this video shows something different.

As i quote from the knd wiki
Father/AbilitiesKND Code Module

As a result of Father's wide array of powers, he is considered the most powerful villain in the series, and it's implied in Operation: Z.E.R.O that he actually could overpower Grandfather, despite being intimidated by the latter.

So if he wasn't scared by grandfather during that scene. he would actually defeated him. so father is stronger than grandfather.

so even though it says on grandfathers attack potency that he's stronger than father. Doesn't the operation Z.E.R.O movie disprove this. as the youtube video above shows the scene where he's legitimately scared of father. If father didn't chicken out. it implies that he would have defeated father.

does anyone else think so.

So i argue that father's profile should stat he is stronger than his dad but put a note that talks about him being intimidated by grandfather though.

also remove the part of grandfathers profile where it stats he's stronger than his son.

The movie actually did portray Grandfather as being more intimidating than Father ever was; though it might have been through his hax and age manipulation rather than raw power. Plus, Father is consistently defeated by a lot more simpler attacks where as Grandfather has only ever been defeated via super weapons and the like. Grandfather has also clearly shown far superior durability feats; Father's weakness is pretty much anything that can dowse fires; like even an Ice Cream machine. But Grandfather takes a lot more than that; not even a giant impact that was "4.6 Bajillion tons of scrap metal and plastic" which sheer force like that can put out flames if aimed right and the entire flame got crushed. So Grandfather is clearly much hotter, also we avoid characters making a "Sign of fear" as really a sign of physical weakness. It was probably he was surprised to hear Father rebel against him and maybe saw potential, but was disappointed when he chickened out the last second.

You'd also think Benedict would be his favorite son given he actually listens to everything he says + Is selfish and evil much like him. Where as Monty is good and rebels against him. But he favored Monty due to being the "Stronger or braver" of his sons and hated Benedict for being a wimp. Also, I wouldn't call KND wiki the most reliable source, and Father being the most powerful was often a statement made before Grandfather was introduced. And even Father's Dragon form was defeated much more easily than Grandfather was, though it was more so because Father wasn't as smart and he fell for a pit trap.

But anyway, I also was looking into some other things that might need to be revised, the calculation for Grandfather's durability appears to come from an inconsistent pixel frame. Moon base's size is rather inconsistent, but the speed of it rotating the moon would logically be around the same KE as the base. And there was other plans I had in mind.

The movie actually did portray Grandfather as being more intimidating than Father ever was; though it might have been through his hax and age manipulation rather than raw power. Plus, Father is consistently defeated by a lot more simpler attacks where as Grandfather has only ever been defeated via super weapons and the like. Grandfather has also clearly shown far superior durability feats; Father's weakness is pretty much anything that can dowse fires; like even an Ice Cream machine. But Grandfather takes a lot more than that; not even a giant impact that was "4.6 Bajillion tons of scrap metal and plastic" which sheer force like that can put out flames if aimed right and the entire flame got crushed. So Grandfather is clearly much hotter, also we avoid characters making a "Sign of fear" as really a sign of physical weakness. It was probably he was surprised to hear Father rebel against him and maybe saw potential, but was disappointed when he chickened out the last second.

You'd also think Benedict would be his favorite son given he actually listens to everything he says + Is selfish and evil much like him. Where as Monty is good and rebels against him. But he favored Monty due to being the "Stronger or braver" of his sons and hated Benedict for being a wimp. Also, I wouldn't call KND wiki the most reliable source, and Father being the most powerful was often a statement made before Grandfather was introduced. And even Father's Dragon form was defeated much more easily than Grandfather was, though it was more so because Father wasn't as smart and he fell for a pit trap.

But anyway, I also was looking into some other things that might need to be revised, the calculation for Grandfather's durability appears to come from an inconsistent pixel frame. Moon base's size is rather inconsistent, but the speed of it rotating the moon would logically be around the same KE as the base. And there was other plans I had in mind.

i guess you do have points. when we watch something from a video. i think there's multiple ways you can interpret it. you say it could be grandfather is suprised. while others say he was actually legitimately scared. it's just really hard. since it's fiction and unless the author says what the reason was. we can never know for sure.

Anyway, thank you for helping out Medeus.

Ah, Grandfather is most likley the first character that I made here, after that, I do not recall any thread to revise his stats. And yes, the Moon Base have an inconsistent size, the moment it crashed against Grandfather it appeared far smaller than at the beginning of the movie (and several other episodes); so the calc should be revised.

Thank you for the input. Do you have the time and energy to handle it yourself, or should I ask others?

I can give tips for the new calcs, and overall suggestion, but for changes in general someone else should do it (you known I am not very good organizing my ideas).

Personally, instead of using the Moon base's size, I would maybe use the torque calculation method in which the moon base and all those rockets were turning the Earth's moon around to get the rotational kinetic energy. For reference, the Moon base's size is pretty much the size of a tree house; a giant tree house with a lot of bedrooms and the like, but no bigger than like large building sized. But either way, it is due for a re-calculation. But I'm not very good with the Rotational KE method.

And yeah, it is true, there isn't much support for Code Name: Kids Next Door on the wiki. Though I remember Amelia being a supporter, but she sadly left the wiki a while back.

I can give tips for the new calcs, and overall suggestion, but for changes in general someone else should do it (you known I am not very good organizing my ideas).
I was referring to a new calculation.

I'm already retired, so I doubt I would make one. However, as a suggestion, try to find the most consistent shown picture of the Moonbase where size can be scaled (the moment just before crashing into Grandfather may work, not going to ask to check for every episode to find the size), then compare to a real life tree of similar shape and then use cubic law. Now, the resulting weight only take into account the tree, not the structure itself, don't think there's an accurate way to find the weight/volume of the structure (if any, one may compare with a real life space station or something; use cubic law if necessary).

If the cinematic time is questionable, one can at least guarantee that the tree falls at re-entry speeds, that is to calculate KE.

Back