• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Minor Revisions CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemonGodMitchAubin

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
This is a minor CRT that deals with changing and applying a few small changes for the characters that need to be made

X784 Fodder Scaling

Our current scaling for X784 Fodder is incorrect, so we need to revise their ratings, IMO, the two best options would be this. In X784, Fodder wizards can easily summon lightning bolts, but are not astronomically behind characters like Gray, Lucy, and Wendy, so they should either be “At least 8-C, possibly Low 7-B” or "Likely Low 7-B". The 8-C comes from average lightning bolts, the Low 7-B would be backscaled to Baseline from the Low 7-B calc.

Etherious Form Mard Geer

Etherious Form Mard Geer was able to tank a combined attack from Emotion Boosted Natsu and Devil Slayer Gray, both of which scaled to his Base Form at the time, so Etherious Form Mard Geer should scale to their combined power, meaning he is at least 2x stronger than his Base Form.

Lifting Strength

X792 Base Natsu has a new accepted lifting strength feat that is Class G, that just needs to be applied to everyone who scales to him physically. DragonGamerZ913 suggested scaling all of the God Tiers to have Class T lifting strength based off of Aldoron's feat based on the fact that they should all be comparable in strength

This should be rather uncontroversial all things considered and if anyone wants to bring up other minor revisions that need to be made, then we can discuss those as well

Last edited:
I disagree with the god tiers scaling from Aldoron's LF.
That is a natural consequence of his size, and to me it shouldn't be scaled to others only become they are comparable to him in power.
I'll take a deeper look at other arguments later.

I mean off the top of my head

I’m in support of at least 8C possibly 7 Low-7B for X784 fodder

I’m neutral on the Mard geer point

Im neutral/leaning on the disagree side of the Class T LS thought

so I’ll wait to see others points

Context is important, Aldoron was able to lift Class T stuff for hundreds of Years while asleep. So I don't think it's a stretch to say that the God tiers should scale given this is far beyond casual.

Also given God Seed Aldoron has all the strength as Big Aldoron shouldn't his LS be the Class T feat + Aldoron's weight given he doesn't have to move Aldoron's mass?

Just straight up Low 7-B fodder for me. Jet and Droy could harm Gajeel, Alzack won the free for all with Jet and Droy, Jose’s Shades could harm all of the fodder so everyone else scales. 8-C makes no sense seeing as the fodder body slam the lightning using mages.

Neutral on the rest.

Why exactly would the rest of the "God Tiers" scale to Aldoron in terms of Lifting Strength? Doesn't he get his strength from his size?

Gonna disagree on the Etherious Mard calc and idk how I honestly feel about the fodders scaling having a possibly Low 7B feat but y’all can do whatever u want on that uptake

In regards to the Aldoron lifting feat, some things to keep in mind

1) Small Aldo possesses all the power as big Aldo, which would mean his physical strength would scale as well

2) DF Natsu could physically contend with lil Aldo on even footing. A discussion and analysis should go into their interactions to see whether their physical strength should scale (remember just because ap scales doesn’t mean LS scales)

3) whatever is the conclusion for point 2 would have to carry over to the remaining god tiers

personally I’d say they should just get a “possibly” but that’s not going to satisfy everyone on either side.

Nobody should scale to Big Aldo's lifting strength, that's a result of his weight. Power could, and most likely refers to Aldo's Attack Potency as opposed to his literal lifting strength.

A few good examples would be Kaido's relationship to Zunisha, Kaido is directly stated to be stronger than Zu but we only use that for his AP rather than his lifting strength. There's no difference here, nobody in the verse comes even close to Aldo's body weight. Consider me strongly against the lifting strength proposal.

Nobody should scale to Big Aldo's lifting strength, that's a result of his weight. Power could, and most likely refers to Aldo's Attack Potency as opposed to his literal lifting strength.
But that's head canon, GS Aldoron never states that only the AP of Aldoron is within him, he states that all the power of that size is within him meaning he is comparable to the every from of strength that Big Aldoron has.

I agree with all of these, though I think the fodders should just be baseline Low 7-B because the 8-C part greatly contradicts feats like Levy being able to somewhat contend with Kawazu and Yomazu, who can damage Gajeel.

For Mard Geer, he was already able to fight both Emotion Boosted Natsu and Devil Slayer Gray really well, and taking a combined attack from them settles it for me.

The reason I suggested Class T god tiers is because if it were simply a result of Dragon Aldoron’s size, God Seed Aldoron wouldn’t be Class T since he is much smaller. Plus, he (like the other Dragon Gods) is stated to be on Acnologia’s level. Additionally, 100YQ DF Natsu has been shown to be capable of physically matching God Seed Aldoron, which only further supports this.

Last edited:
I'm gonna clarify my personal stance on these things

1. I'm fine with using just the Baseline Low 7-B rating for Fodder, but with a "Likely", 8-C does kinda come out of nowhere in hindsight

2. I think it makes complete sense for Etherious Mard Geer to be as strong as Natsu and Gray's combined power as he was significantly above them and tanked their combined attack with no scatches

3. As for Class T for all God Tiers, I am extremely neutral on it, because GS Aldoron having all of Aldoron's power means AP and Durability, but I'm not entirely sure it refers to lifting strength, I can honestly believe either side of the argument, I do like Davidsteel1's suggestion of "Possibly/Likely Class T" for the God Tiers tho, it seems like a good compromise

Equating this with Kaido and Zunesha is the equivalent of comparing apples and oranges.

The reason Kaido was decided to not scale to Zunesha was because the basis for the scaling was a title, a title that could be hyperbolic in nature and in consequence meant little. Not to talk of the fact that there was no explicit interaction between Kaido and Zunesha where a superior was blatantly identified.

Not the case here, small Aldo says “all the power of that size is with me” the direct implication is that any physical benefit that big Aldo enjoys due to its immense size (aside from said size itself) is directly enjoyed by lil Aldo, this would include LS.

Seeing that unlike Kaido, this isn’t just a random title and is instead an explicit declaration of the nature of Aldo’s power and coupled with the fact that big and lil Aldo are quite literally the same organism unlike the undefined relationship between Kaido and Zunesha in regards to strength, their circumstances vary too much to equate an argument that applies on one to the other.

I still think that size-based lifting strength shouldn't be scaled between other characters.
During the fight, Natsu and Aldo never had a real moment when you can compare their physical strength and even if God Seed Aldo retains the strength of the giant form (in addition to magical power). Otherwise, we would scale everyone in the verse to every giant opponent they defeated because it can carry its own weight.
I can accept a possibly as a compromise, though

I agree on Mard Geer

I still think that size-based lifting strength shouldn't be scaled between other characters.
During the fight, Natsu and Aldo never had a real moment when you can compare their physical strength and even if God Seed Aldo retains the strength of the giant form (in addition to magical power). Otherwise, we would scale everyone in the verse to every giant opponent they defeated because it can carry its own weight.

I agree on Mard Geer
Natsu and God Seed Aldoron actually physically clashed in one panel in Chapter 62

I agree on Mard Geer
Aldoron' moving his own body weight isn't discussed here, It's the feat of him having 5 cities and 11 mountains on his body for 300 years while sleeping. This is what the God Tiers would scale to. Aldoron's actual weight would be quite a bit higher id imagine

Whether or not Natsu and other god tiers scale will still need to be figured out via analysing his fight with Natsu like I said b4.

Natsu and God Seed Aldoron actually physically clashed in one panel in Chapter 62
I didn't mean that, I don't know how to explain it. A physical clash doesn't automatically determine the lifting strength of a character. Even when they hit each other's fist, it's more of an impact than a demostration of physical strength (and Natsu took damage).
This is why Natsu has class G ls, because he had to make a muscular effort to throw Animus in the air, not just punching him

I think it's not conclusive enough to fully scale all the God Tiers to Aldoron's lifting strength because he is so big, however GS Aldoron does say they have the same power, so I feel "Likely Class T" is a good compromise to both sides of the argument

Aldoron' moving his own body weight isn't discussed here, It's the feat of him having 5 cities and 11 mountains on his body for 300 years while sleeping. This is what the God Tiers would scale to. Aldoron's actual weight would be quite a bit higher id imagine
It doesn't change what I think, mountains and cities are so small compared to him, that carrying that is easy for him, given his size.

I think that "possibly" would be better than "likely", as a compromise for both sides

Last edited:
His actual weight is in Class P, actually.

I think it’s best to give them a 8-C rating since even though they get hurt by a lightning bolt, it is more of a feat then to just place them on a random tier because why not. I don’t really agree on the Mars Geer scaling since Gray and Natsu attack isn’t a combination but just a “attacking at the same time” thing

a combination is something that actually mixes together or form something stronger

I think it’s best to give them a 8-C rating since even though they get hurt by a lightning bolt, it is more of a feat then to just place them on a random tier because why not. I don’t really agree on the Mars Geer scaling since Gray and Natsu attack isn’t a combination but just a “attacking at the same time” thing

a combination is something that actually mixes together or form something stronger
Well to be fair, Wendy and Sherria's double wind kick is considered a Unison Raid, so the double combination punch from Natsu and Gray should function the same, we even see their attacks form an explosion together

I agree with the compromise to go with a possibly/Likely rating for the LS

And I still agree with the X784 Fodder im fine with 8-C likely Low-7B or just base line Low 7B

But I’m still neutral on the mard geer point so ill wait for more input to decide my pos

I mean if I recall correctly Wendy and Sherria's double wind kick is considered a Unison Raid in the New Fairy Tail video game but could that even be considered “Canon” content since it comes from the

like I know hiro was to supposed to add new original content into the game that wasn’t seen in the manga but idk if that can be considered canon can it?

It's not a canon plot or story, for instance FDKM Natsu defeats Gildarts at the end of the game, and while I think that's likely and Hiro believes that's what would happen, it has no impact on the real story since it's non canon, but info that comes from the game could be argued to be canon since it's explanations that would be checked over by Hiro

So the double wind kick being a Unison Raid makes sense and is reliable to me, but my point still stands that Mard Geer tanked a combined attack from Natsu and Gray

I mean yea I can see that being argued i just looked up an article and this is what it said

“Speaking to Noisy Pixel regarding the delay, Fairy Tail producer Keisuke Kikuchi described what the extra time will mean for the game. The biggest addition being Unison Raids, which will be content exclusive to the game that isn't in the Fairy Tail Manga The new content is still being overseen by Fairy Tail creator Hiro Mashima”

I mean I know there was an old tweet from Hiro saying how he checks over pretty much anything FT related such as spin offs and the anime

And then we know that In end of a volume Q&A hiro pointed out how the anime does have an affect on the manga story and how it might have answers for certain aspects of the edolas Edolas arc which weren’t explained in the manga and he says how if the anime goes off and starts to explain things that would leave “Lucy&Mira”(or Hiro&the manga) out of a job so that is kinda Hiro basically telling us how the anime and or other secondary sources do or can have an affect on the manga’s story and how it is told
or even how in the second volume of Ive trail hiro allegedly said he had no problem with it being apart of his story even though he didn’t write it so I could see the game being used as hiro does check over a lot of stuff though I’m sure others would disagree

Though I’m still neutral on the mard geer point

Still of the belief Aldo's class T feat shouldn't scale to the other Dragon Gods, as far as I'm aware there's nothing to say they're all even in terms of pshycial strength. Merc doesn't weight nearly as much, Natsu lifting him was only class K and even that was seen as impressive to the Guild.

I still disagree with even a "likely" or a "possibly" for Class T. Everything else looks fine but I'm iffy on the Natsu Gray combination attack, to me it just looks like they attacked at the same time. Also how does Gray's Durability Negation effect this? Since his form of attack is meant to bypass the durability of demons.

The fact that Gray had Devil Slayer advantage as well and it didn't hurt Mard at all is also proof that his Etherious Form is way above his previous Base

No like I'm asking how does the Durability Negation factor into this? You can't really tank something that negates durability with sheer durability unless you have Resistance to the method of durability negation, which Mard doesn't have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back