• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest Discussion Thread: Post-Void Saga

Mitch, do we consider Natsu goofing up the math question against Suzaku plot induced stupidity and if so why?
I mean he was literally never taught math by anyone

His only legit teachers were Anna, Igneel, and Erza

And he only got basic shit like learning to speak and spell from them, and then no one ever taught him anything else, so yeah, you can chalk it up to him being stupid, but he legitimately never had anyone teach him the numbers, so it's not entirely his fault

He can do basic addition, but I don't remember any other, and I can't believe I'm saying this, "math feats" from him

I mean he was literally never taught math by anyone

His only legit teachers were Anna, Igneel, and Erza

And he only got basic shit like learning to speak and spell from them, and then no one ever taught him anything else, so yeah, you can chalk it up to him being stupid, but he legitimately never had anyone teach him the numbers, so it's not entirely his fault

He can do basic addition, but I don't remember any other, and I can't believe I'm saying this, "math feats" from him
That's actually kinda sad. People have spent the entire series name calling him, but no one has actually ever sat down with him and taught him. I always felt as if the teasing at his expense was always sorta mean spirited, but damn.

That's actually kinda sad. People have spent the entire series name calling him, but no one has actually ever sat down with him and taught him. I always felt as if the teasing at his expense was always sorta mean spirited, but damn.
Yeah, it's mega sad, everyone made fun of him for this shit, but he had legit no teachers

He had Igneel and Erza, one of which is a Dragon who may not be the best to teach language and writing, and Erza, who legitimately has one of the worst writing skills in the entire verse

Coupled with a possible learning disability and it's not that Natsu is stupid, he's just never been taught by the right person. It actually is very sad in hindsight.

Yeah, it's mega sad, everyone made fun of him for this shit, but he had legit no teachers

He had Igneel and Erza, one of which is a Dragon who may not be the best to teach language and writing, and Erza, who legitimately has one of the worst writing skills in the entire verse

Coupled with a possible learning disability and it's not that Natsu is stupid, he's just never been taught by the right person. It actually is very sad in hindsight.
I doubt Natsu's too mentally traumatized from her punishments to actually remember anything she 'taught' him. Do we know how long Natsu and the other dragon slayers spent around Anna?

And does he even remember Anna?

Last edited:
Reminds me of how Sakura (the #1 most useless female protagonist in anime and probably the meanest one too) insulted Naruto for having no parents to educate him (never mind that Naruto's parents died when he was just a baby boy), only for Sasuke, Naruto's rival might I add, stepped in and told her to shut the hell up.

Reminds me of how Sakura (the #1 most useless female protagonist in anime and probably the meanest one too) insulted Naruto for having no parents to educate him (never mind that Naruto's parents died when he was just a baby boy), only for Sasuke, Naruto's rival might I add, stepped in and told her to shut the hell up.
Sakura is not the most useless sadly, she's definitely the worst, but Iris from Fire Force is more useless

You know who I've realized is one of the best examples of an anime strong female character? Esdeath!

Think about it:

1. Yes she's incredibly beautiful (with both men and women in the actual story wanting to tap that), but surprisingly she has next to no real fanservice. The anime adds a few fanservice scenes (her in a shower, her wearing just a shirt while trying to seduce Tatsumi, her trying to fluster him by wearing just a bra and pants when they're in that beach illusion), but even then none of them are thrown in just for fan service (as in, they actually have reasons for happening) and none of them go that far (unlike some other well-known anime/manga series...). She's never thrown into a scene just for fanservice, which is really a nice change from most anime series nowadays.

2. She's a goddamn BEAST in combat without being a Mary-Sue, since she worked her ass off to get to the top of the Empire and is near-invincible but in a way that properly sets her up as the final boss and not as a Villain Sue. She's also a tactical genius who nearly wins on multiple occasions through legitimate power and strategy without it being dumb Mary Sue luck. Also, the respect/fear given to her in-universe by allies and foes alike feels so genuine and not like anyone is Character-Shilling her.

3. She has a well-done backstory that does a solid job at explaining why she became a sociopath, and manages to show that she cannot be redeemed (no "Power of Friendship" for this girl) and is DEFINITELY a monster (such as letting her men pillage, rape, and slaughter their foes after every win) while also having redeeming qualities (She's an excellent boss, who gives her massive salary to her subordinates since she isn't interested in wealth, she is a big sister figure to Seryu who comforts her when she is upset about having to protect the scumbag Bolic [yes, even SERYU didn't want to save his worthless life but she was ordered to] and tells her to take a break and play soccer with some nearby kids, and comforts Seryu when Dr. Stylish [her father figure] dies. She also eats and talks alongside her soldiers during military campaigns, and encouraged Bols to take off his mask and not be afraid of his facial appearance in front of others. She also notably never forces herself on Tatsumi, even though you'd expect her to since it fits with her "Strong rule over the weak" policy and she lets her men do the same. Hell, she never does anything worse than 1 or 2 kisses on his lips without his permission, and even saves him when 2 women trying taking advantage of him in prison).

In short, Esdeath is one of anime's best examples of a well-made Strong Female Character. Well, asides from what she lets her soldiers do in the manga.

"Strong Female Character"

Sure, but like... She's ******* evil and tortures people, not exactly a role model
Oh absolutely, that's why TV Tropes ruled that she's too much of a "Bastard" to be a "Magnificent Bastard" (despite being otherwise tactical and ruthless enough to easily pass).

But like @Popted2 noted, she doesn't have to be good to be a strong character.

SethTheProgrammer finally commented about Fairy Tail and he has some of the worst opinions I have ever seen

He got so many things wrong, it isn’t even funny. So yeah, he just proved how trash he is.

SethTheProgrammer finally commented about Fairy Tail and he has some of the worst opinions I have ever seen

He got so many things wrong, it isn’t even funny. So yeah, he just proved how trash he is.

To be fair, his Dragon Ball narrative analysis videos are genuinely amazing. Yeah he is a massive dick but I won't lie, I'm kinda hyped for his 5 hour Goku vid. To each their own I guess.

But yeah he was wrong here

Last edited:
To be fair, his Dragon Ball narrative analysis videos are genuinely amazing. Yeah he is a massive dick but I won't lie, I'm kinda hyped for his 5 hour Goku vid. To each their own I guess.

But yeah he was wrong here
I mean you can like his content yeah, but you know he has no ******* idea what he’s talking about when it comes to Fairy Tail

yv4rkysjmeu61.jpg

To be fair to Seth, there was multiple times where I wanted to drop FT. After Natsu vs Gildarts on Tenrou I was just mystified how shitty that scene was, and after the mediocre and disappointing end to the END storyline, I almost just gave up getting hyped anymore. So FT has some really rough patches to be sure, it's not an anime I can relax and rewatch like Dragon Ball since it constantly frustrates me with it's decision making. Still love the shit out of it though

Last edited:
Back