• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest Discussion Thread: Post-Void Saga

Guess you didn't read my comment but still decided to act like you did lol. If you could care less, then why even reply? Doesn't sound right to me. I responded to Animefreak because we have a CaV on a different website and I wanted to make sure that its over since literally every chapter has clearly shown that Acnologia being the strongest character is still extremely likely. No one mentioned you + you said yourself that you don't care about this, so you had 0 reason to even think of responding to me.
Because I found the comment extremely funny lol

Pre-SBT Acnologia = Dragon Gods

Acnologia resists magic, but Dragon Slayer Magic and raw physicals, which Dragons have should still work, Igneel was weaker than the Dragon Gods and still gave Acnologia a run for his money, so it’s not clear cut who would win

Man you could've just told me that was what you wanted, I would've taken care of it 😭
im basically calcing the vaporization of lake valor (technically lake verity was the one that got vaporized but the bomb was made to blow up any of the lakes). I made pixel measurements of the lake's approximate depth and got ~155m. So we end up with an explosion that is 6.4 gigatons and at a distance of 155 meters (cause magikarp was there) it's gonna be ~200 kilotons to 300, maybe more

im basically calcing the vaporization of lake valor (technically lake verity was the one that got vaporized but the bomb was made to blow up any of the lakes). I made pixel measurements of the lake's approximate depth and got ~155m. So we end up with an explosion that is 6.4 gigatons and at a distance of 155 meters (cause magikarp was there) it's gonna be ~200 kilotons to 300, maybe more
Can you send me the scan where you got the lake's depth?

Pre-SBT Acnologia = Dragon Gods

Acnologia resists magic, but Dragon Slayer Magic and raw physicals, which Dragons have should still work, Igneel was weaker than the Dragon Gods and still gave Acnologia a run for his money, so it’s not clear cut who would win
Well technically DSM would not work as it is still magic, so only physical dragon attacks would work more.

Last edited:
what CNBA3 is trying to say is that pure magic attacks from Dragon slayer Magic (i.e. Breath attacks) are still resisted, but physical attacks from Dragon slayers work on Acnologia because they are just that, physical attacks.
In a sense that physical attacks would work if they start to dragonize or go dragon force as they become more like a dragon, which dragons can harm another dragon.

Dragon Slayer Magic negates magic resistance
Gajeel and Laxus' DSM attacks made contact with Acnologia but they did nothing as Acnologia said that they did not work on him.

Gajeel and Laxus' DSM attacks made contact with Acnologia but they did nothing as Acnologia said that they did not work on him.
That's just them being far weaker than Acnologia and him being the cocky bastard he is

Remember that the Dragon Slayers could barely fight the Eclipse Dragons despite that Dragon Slayer advantage.

That's just them being far weaker than Acnologia and him being the cocky bastard he is

Remember that the Dragon Slayers could barely fight the Eclipse Dragons despite that Dragon Slayer advantage.
Not really, even extremely weakened Wendy who is not a combat type could harm and cause pain to a fresh dragon. the only reason they could barely do that is because most of them came out of combat to begin with, but again, it doesn’t matter even when weakened they still hurt fresh dragons. Being cocky does not make him wrong tho.

the only reason they could barely do that is because most of them came out of combat to begin with
Just like how they just came out of combat against Acnologia as well
it doesn’t matter even when weakened they still hurt fresh dragons. Being cocky does not make him wrong tho.
The gap in power between Acnologia and Gajeel/Laxus is way more than the gap between Wendy and an Eclipse Dragon

Just like how they just came out of combat against Acnologia as well

The gap in power between Acnologia and Gajeel/Laxus is way more than the gap between Wendy and an Eclipse Dragon
But the difference is those dragons did not have total magic immunity and Acno does, they were still harmed and in pain from weakened DS while Acno was not, even Laxus could harm an Eclipse Dragon when he is massively weakened too.

Dragon Slayer Magic can bypass a magic immunity, just like what happened with the Dorma Anim. That is just a fact

Dorma Anim is just basically a Edolas version of a normal Earthland Dragon, or that Dragon Slayer Magic works on a conceptual level that anything that represents a dragon falls under it's affect, while Acnologia has total Magic immunity, superior to ever other magic resistance that other dragons have which is why DSM would not harm him either,

Dorma Anim is just basically a Edolas version of a normal Earthland Dragon, or that Dragon Slayer Magic works on a conceptual level that anything that represents a dragon falls under it's affect
This is so wrong that it hurts...

It's made to be immune to all magic, just like how Acnologia is immune to all magic. But, he is a dragon, and a dragon is inherently weak to Dragon Slayer Magic. Gajeel and Laxus couldn't hurt him because the gap between their High 6-A AP and his 5-A durability is too massive for them to do any damage, hence why Acnologia did bother to block/dodge SDFF Natsu's attacks (SDFF Natsu is 5-A). If he was completely immune to Dragon Slayer Magic as well, he wouldn't have bothered.

The simple answer is right there. There's no reason to jump through so many hoops

We don’t even know if Dragon Slayer Magic works on Human Forms since Dragon Slayer Magic works by bypassing the mega durable scales and Human Forms don’t have scales

This is so wrong that it hurts...

It's made to be immune to all magic, just like how Acnologia is immune to all magic. But, he is a dragon, and a dragon is inherently weak to Dragon Slayer Magic. Gajeel and Laxus couldn't hurt him because the gap between their High 6-A AP and his 5-A durability is too massive for them to do any damage, hence why Acnologia did bother to block/dodge SDFF Natsu's attacks (SDFF Natsu is 5-A). If he was completely immune to Dragon Slayer Magic as well, he wouldn't have bothered.

The simple answer is right there. There's no reason to jump through so many hoops
But it's made to be immune to magic in the sense that it is no different to that of a normal dragon as the chapter makes clear to the comparison, Acnologia is no normal dragon, as he is immune to even dragon slayer magic as he stated when dragon slayers who one of them is the strongest attacked couldn't even harm. Natsu's attack would be weaker than that of Laxus's attack at that point, Acno would be just playing around with them, then I guess standard machine guns would work on him then since he was dodging for dear life in his dragon form by that logic. https://v2.*********.net/manga/fairy-tail/i1628933/6

Natsu was not using Savage Dragon Fire Form, he was just using standard attacks, if it was then he would be burning up more and more
Incorrect. It's the only way that he could've been able to withstand as many attacks as he did from Acnologia, and it's very logical to assume he was emotion amped given he was literally up against the guy that killed Igneel

Incorrect. It's the only way that he could've been able to withstand as many attacks as he did from Acnologia, and it's very logical to assume he was emotion amped given he was literally up against the guy that killed Igneel
Not so, he can be amped, but not in Savage Flames as he would be burning himself alive from those flames, it is simply what is, Acno was just playing around with them and intended to put them back in the crystals.

Not so, he can be amped, but not in Savage Flames as he would be burning himself alive from those flames
Not necessarily, as he was able to clash with Zeref without doing so. He burned himself as a means to gain an edge (and in the anime, he's able to land multiple punches without hurting himself)
it is simply what is, Acno was just playing around with them and intended to put them back in the crystals.
Acnologia himself planned to kill them in the end

Not necessarily, as he was able to clash with Zeref without doing so. He burned himself as a means to gain an edge (and in the anime, he's able to land multiple punches without hurting himself)

Acnologia himself planned to kill them in the end
It was only at the very last moment he entered Savage Flames that he could defeat Zeref and that is when he was burned, Acno plans to kill them via in the crystals to fuse with the SBT.

It was only at the very last moment he entered Savage Flames that he could defeat Zeref and that is when he was burned
He went SDFF the moment he was all like "Burn, every last bit of me! Turn the guild's power into fire!" and all that. He amped himself even further by burning his soul during the clash.

Back