• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fact Book Characters: Should we allow them?

So, one day I was about to make another profile for a Gunvolt boss, then I saw under the click titles below to start writing category, alongside ghosts of vs battles wiki past like Composite Tree, I saw Chuck Norris (Fact Book). I thought maybe they changed the name or something, but no. It's actually gone. When I asked staff about it, they said it was because the profile didn't belong here and the fact book wasn't really a work of fiction. It was just a list of jokes. But the thing is, it's still facts about a character, which is what the profile used. I then remembered we had this: Slenderman (101 Amazing Slenderman Facts). Another fact book character. And over on the Slenderverse purge (The removal of unofficial or unnecessary Slenderverse pages), most people are saying it should stay. So are fact book characters okay or not? Because this is a clear contradiction. I don't really see how one is bad and has to be deleted but the other is fine and can stay even though their really the same type of thing. That would be like if we removed DC for being a comic book verse but we kept Marvel. The only other reasons for the removal of the Fact Book Chuck Norris page was because he was wanked and a joke character. One is supposed to be fixed by revisions, not nuking the page and the other is a category outright, as well as being debatable as to whether or not this is the case. So yeah, should fact book characters stay, bringing back Fact Book Chuck Norris, or should they go, removing 101 Amazing Slenderman Facts Slenderman?

The fact book wasn't about a fictional character based on Chuck Norris, it was about the actual Chuck Norris and the facts weren't facts at all, they were jokes about him that Chuck collected and put into a book, using them as a way to discuss stories from his real life.

I don't know about the Slenderman page but the Chuck Norris fact book should definitely not be allowed back.

I feel like there should be a vs Wiki for characters that really don't fit into any other vs wikis. Like the serious profiles in JBW, but a separate wiki that has a community that still takes the fights seriously.

Back