• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Expanding the References for Common Feats page

Pretty sure Arknenis's calculations are for turning these cities into a crater.
i mean the way he's calculating it is basically assuming it's a solid cylinder of stone with base area of the city and average elevation of it, then calculating pulv and vaporization of that cylinder

that, however, is NOT the case, as cities are covered in buildings which are largely hollow
i would probably just multiply the calculated volume by 0.2 or 0.1 (for 80% or 90% hollowness respectively) and then do pulv and vap of that.

i mean the way he's calculating it is basically assuming it's a solid cylinder of stone with base area of the city and average elevation of it, then calculating pulv and vaporization of that cylinder

that, however, is NOT the case, as cities are covered in buildings which are largely hollow
i would probably just multiply the calculated volume by 0.2 or 0.1 (for 80% or 90% hollowness respectively) and then do pulv and vap of that.
That isn't what I'm doing. I'm simply taking it's volume as is and calculating the destruction of it.

That isn't what I'm doing. I'm simply taking it's volume as is and calculating the destruction of it.
you used the base area and the average elevation of the city to get the volume. this would be valid if the city was a solid block - which it is not, it is full of buildings which are largely hollow.
hence why i suggested using the 0.2 or 0.1 multiplier, it's standard practice on VSBW

you used the base area and the average elevation of the city to get the volume. this would be valid if the city was a solid block - which it is not, it is full of buildings which are largely hollow.
hence why i suggested using the 0.2 or 0.1 multiplier, it's standard practice on VSBW
The way I calc it is like this calc minus the heat aspect and just taking the destruction without accounting for buildings, and this was accepted. So I'm not sure what the issue is.

The way I calc it is like this calc minus the heat aspect and just taking the destruction without accounting for buildings, and this was accepted. So I'm not sure what the issue is.
i think that's also wrong then
call a CGM and tell them to look at it because as far as i'm aware, when you do any calc involving volume and buildings are in it, you have to apply a multiplier to account for their hollowness

because if you want ot vaporize all of the water from the Earth, you need to include all of the water contained in living organisms too
I mean, I guess, yeah, but the way you said it implied it was just the water in the oceans. It wouldn't significantly affect the result anyway. Humans'll be the biggest factor. 8 billion humans, assuming average weight 62kg and 70% water, will require about 8.76e17 J to vaporise all their water. Compare 10^17 to 10^27. 10 whole orders of magnitude, it's negligible.

These calculation blogs seem to have been accepted, although we need at least two calc group member to evaluate each of them before we can add them to our common feats list.

This calculation blog has not been accepted yet though.

@Armorchompy @Therefir @Agnaa @Migue79 @DemonGodMitchAubin @Jasonsith

These calculation blogs seem to have been accepted, although we need at least two calc group member to evaluate each of them before we can add them to our common feats list.

This calculation blog has not been accepted yet though.

For that last blog, it assumes pulverization for everything for some reason

Yes, but these values are too-high end for just destroying cities
I tried explaining it earlier but nobody seemed to understand.

Multiplying the city's area by its average elevation would get you the volume of a solid block with those dimensions.

Cities are decidedly NOT solid blocks.

Apply hollowness by multiplying the calculated volume by... in this case, I'd suggest 5% or lower (buildings are usually 80-90% hollow but this would include roads and streets between said buildings).

THAT is the volume of all the actual matter in the city.

Oh I have found one interesting link on training montage on speed and (mainly) lifting strength.

Anime Exercises Ranked in Real Life (Easy to Impossible)

That many seemingly inhuman training exercise is actually practiceable by normal humans and is technically at least "above average human" level, possibly "athletic human" level.

Except for a few. Like those "Guts wielding Dragonslayer" and "Sanji slinging a barbell" feat.

Last edited:
Was also wondering if we should add this to our starry sky feat we have on the page.

That isn't necessary, as it's already there. And that's an outdated calc either way

We only have the creation value for it, though; we don't have the destruction value.

Last edited:
Back