• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Expanding the References for Common Feats page

Jaw thing has been debunked. Qawsedf tried finding the values for it but what he found didn't make sense. For now, Jaw ripping is merely Superhuman.

Arm-ripping thing has been in limbo for a while now.
Okay; I suppose we should get everybody to evaluate all the feats excluding the first one then. I do wanna get some of the speed feats added as there aren't really any on the Common Feats page, so why don't we get everyone to estimate these first? Catching an Arrow, Escape Velocity, and Common Speed Feats

Okay; I suppose we should get everybody to evaluate all the feats excluding the first one then. I do wanna get some of the speed feats added as there aren't really any on the Common Feats page, so why don't we get everyone to estimate these first? Catching an Arrow, Escape Velocity, and Common Speed Feats
I would appreciate input from the calc group members who are helping out here.

Do we have one for decapitating a human with a weapon in on swift?
Jasonsith had a calc for beheading humans with a sword, not sure about other methods like kicking/punching, or using blunt weapons to decapitate.

While I like the idea, I must ask something that has bothered me for the longest time, and I may just be lacking information.

The feats that involve ripping people's jaws, limbs and spines off all assume that the muscle strands, cartilage, veings, nerves and everything else act as ropes that keep said subjects in a firm position and fight in unison against any form of applied force. While that is mostly true, the way it is done feels wrong to me. Realistically, assuming of course that you manage to pull against said limb without the person coming with the pull, if something pulled with the force that we are assigning these values, individual muscle strands would tear pretty quickly and exponentially weaken the whole support massively. At the moment it is hard to give exact evidence to what I'm saying, but it should be simple enough.

Evidence aside, am I missing something here? Because, tl;dr what I wrote, the things that are assumed to pull against anyone attempting to tear off stuff would not act in unison and would individually tear up, particularly if the character did any form of twisting motion and changing the position of the target during the pull, even slightly.

Once again, can we get someone to send notifications to calc group members so they can evaluate these feats?

BTW, most of these calcs have been evaluated prior.
The other calcs need work.

Last edited:
While I like the idea, I must ask something that has bothered me for the longest time, and I may just be lacking information.

The feats that involve ripping people's jaws, limbs and spines off all assume that the muscle strands, cartilage, veings, nerves and everything else act as ropes that keep said subjects in a firm position and fight in unison against any form of applied force. While that is mostly true, the way it is done feels wrong to me. Realistically, assuming of course that you manage to pull against said limb without the person coming with the pull, if something pulled with the force that we are assigning these values, individual muscle strands would tear pretty quickly and exponentially weaken the whole support massively. At the moment it is hard to give exact evidence to what I'm saying, but it should be simple enough.

Evidence aside, am I missing something here? Because, tl;dr what I wrote, the things that are assumed to pull against anyone attempting to tear off stuff would not act in unison and would individually tear up, particularly if the character did any form of twisting motion and changing the position of the target during the pull, even slightly.
For the arm calc at least, glenoid labrum isn't muscle. It's a fibrocartilaginous structure rim around the margin of the glenoid cavity in the shoulder blade.

As for the spine-rip, vsauce3 himself explains in the video that it would take 1 million newtons of force to detach all the tendons connecting the spine to the back muscles simultaneously, not one-by-one (But instead, as he explains further, what would actually happen is, the spine comes out of the body with the muscles still attached, though it results in the spine being horrifically detached from the ribcages and the arms prolly ending up being dislocated and possibly coming out with the back muscles), and that you'd have to pull pretty far to get a proper clean break (Which means just ripping the spine out with nothing else attached to it, not even the muscles) since the muscles can stretch quite a bit before breaking, so pulling out a spine with nothing attached to it without having to pull far would prolly be considerably more impressive.

Can the accepted calculations that KLOL506 listed off be added then? Who would like to do so if yes?

@Antvasima Can you send them some notifications then, please?
Let's wait a bit. I have already called for them earlier, and it seems best to first add the calculations that were accepted previously, and sift away the ones that were rejected, according to KLOL506's list.
Can the accepted calculations that KLOL506 listed off be added then? Who would like to do so if yes?
That seems like a good idea to me. Is any calc group member or honorary calc group member here willing to handle it?

BTW, most of these calcs have been evaluated prior.
The other calcs need work.

Energy to destroy matter of the observable universe- Some conflicts here and there
Exploding a City Block- Also some conflicts here and there, seems like it was eventually abandoned
Shaking feats- Formula stops working beyond Earth-sized planets

Maybe - just maybe - I will have a more than quick look. May involve restructuring and rewording.

That seems like a good idea to me. Is any calc group member or honorary calc group member here willing to handle it?
Weren't the accepted ones already added? I could be mistaken.

I do know Spino's stuff was accepted and put into the page back then.

ByAsura's and KLOL506's points make sense.
Yes. Agreed.

Which calculations that were listed in this thread have been accepted and can be added to our references page, and which ones still need to be evaluated?

Yes. Agreed.

Which calculations that were listed in this thread have been accepted and can be added to our references page, and which ones still need to be evaluated?
Well, I still don't quite understand how DT's new format works so I'll leave the adding of the new calcs to those skilled with the new format for now.

Okay. Maybe you can add the valid new additions as they are for the moment, so they can be restructured later?

Some staff or highly experienced member needs to be willing to handle it properly first.

I'm just unsure of what I need to change about my calculations, that's the issue

Edit: I actually figured out to do. I added a mid-end for the gun part of my speed calcs in my reply to DontTalk, but it needs to be added to CreatorJoe's blog.

Last edited:
I'm just unsure of what I need to change about my calculations, that's the issue
Well, we're just focusing on adding the accepted and relevant ones for now; in the meantime I'll try to get all the rest of the calculations evaluated/

I definitely don't have sufficient free time from my other tasks to handle it.

I'd also like everyone to know that this blog regarding some of the common speed feats has been updated. Hopefully we can get it evaluated and added to the Right for Common Feats page today.

Not sure what exactly to say except I agree to the thread and the relevant stuff to be added should have been already.

As a question about the trains, I don't think a human sized person would fully scale to it most of the time. Not only is the surface area much smaller, the trains usually keep going forward meaning that they did not transfer all of the KE to the target.

Unless the person pulls a John Hancock and completely stops the train I'm not sure if you can 1:1 scale to it.

I was asked to comment here, but I'm just not a calculations and numbers kind of guy. I'm good at maths and like to think I have enough common sense to evaluate this stuff, but after leaving education I can not work up the mental power to not just zone out when reading this stuff unless I have to.

I was also asked to comment here, but I'm not that good with calculations, so I can't say anything other than that adding accepted calculations should be fine.

As a question about the trains, I don't think a human sized person would fully scale to it most of the time. Not only is the surface area much smaller, the trains usually keep going forward meaning that they did not transfer all of the KE to the target.
We actually have a formula to accomdate for the surface area and that not all of the KE gets transferred into the person. Same one we use for car crashes on our References page when someone doesn't completely stop the vehicle. (Thanks to Kaltias for finding this formula.)

When being hit by a car, the linear momentum of the car+person system needs to remain the same. Linear momentum is m*v

FinalSpeed = (MassCar * InitialSpeed) : (MassPerson+MassCar)

Then you use the final speed and the person's mass and you dump it into normal KE.

0.5 * MassPerson * FinalSpeed^2

That's the true durability of the person getting hit by a car and being sent flying in case the car doesn't stop or doesn't ram the person into a solid wall and turn into crumpled metal due to crashing into the wall and coming to a complete stop.

Unless the person pulls a John Hancock and completely stops the train I'm not sure if you can 1:1 scale to it.
Or unless the vehicle rams the person into a wall and stops completely (Like a car crashing you into a wall and the wall is so strong that the car crumples into tin/comes to a complete stop which usually ends in the car turning into a smoldering heap of metal, like in crash tests).

Last edited:
Back