• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

existence erasure types

is pretty obvious to everyone that EE has several types, so could we separate them in the page for new members and such?

type 1: physical (matter)

type 2; meta-physical (soul, mind and memories)

type 3: space and time (basically erasing them from the timelines and affecting the multiverse, erasing their alternate forms or separated body parts)

type 4: conceptual (should be divided by the types)

type 5: narrative/textual (i have no idea of who could have this, but is basically characters that can retcon people off the story, maybe like the retcon punch from superboy prime)

General: Physical, Metaphysical and Pataphysical.

Specific: Would be more simply that simply mention how the power works, but few examples could be matter, time, memories, spiritual, ideas, principles, etc.

Of the target or anyone that knows the target?

Like if I erase character A, will my memories of Character A be erased or will just Character A's?

I think he refer to being erased from the memory of others.

Alao, technically metaphysical level is above space-time, and conceptual its the same as metaphysical (that cover several things).

Then that was what I was referring to as IIRC we don't make it a requirement for one to be erased from the memories of others to make it considered E.E.

Like how a God of Destructions Hakai doesnt erase the memories of the erased target from others, like Zamasu.

I don't think retroactive ee is immediately considered as high as you can get

Antoniofer said:
I think he refer to being erased from the memory of others.
Alao, technically metaphysical level is above space-time, and conceptual its the same as metaphysical (that cover several things).
yeah exactly, being removed from other memories by erasure sounds good since you are messing which other minds as a side effect

also if metaphysical is beyond space-time, what would be a better name for the type 2? i thinking "essential"

Isn't that way to specific??? How many characters have that (@the whole memory thing), and what is the defualt level of Existence erasure for the safest possible low end until proven other wise???

The only characters i can think of doing that off the top of my head (Gorgon (Destiny)) have a lot more than just your average Erasure. Seems like a high bar to set a a default.

What happened to people just describing the extent of gheir characters abilities thoufh

Matthew Schroeder said:
This is unecessary. Just describe it on the page. These types are just being lazy.
Im honestly in more agreement to this on second thought. Not every single ability here needs types to seperate the differences.

hey I said it first

I think having simple erasing the character from the present and erasing them from the pages of history difference could be explained. But it seems like the Conceptual or textual stuff is unnecessary.

I believe it would be so much better to have them explained, I used this example in the Regenerationn thread, we treat EE as Erasure on levels of reality, the layers of an onion, the deeper you go the stronger the EE:

Physical < Metaphysical < Conceptual < Narrative/Plot

Paraphysical is redundant based on the fact that firstly, next to no verses use pataphysics and it's just based on the mind anyway, so it comes under Metaphysical category, ironically.

This would prevent confusion because people need to be told what goes where in the levels of Erasure, and with it being documented means we don't have to re-explain this, we can link the page and be done with it.

Honestly i say this isn't worth it. EE can come in too many forms for it to be given types imo.

Plus, it's easier to just explain what it erases when listing it as an ability.

Matthew Schroeder said:
This is unecessary. Just describe it on the page. These types are just being lazy.
Guess this is the best option. Let's give people a chance to discuss about something.

In general, I believe that dividing powers in types makes stuff more complicated, as in debates people discuss more about the page itself rather than the power of the characters. With defining the power and put few applications should be enough, otherwise people goes with "does type X allow you to interact with B?" or "can Y dimensional hax bypass type W?".

being honest, i just like seeing powers with types anyway, but if it is unnecessary, the explaination about it being diverse in power could still go to the page

Back